ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Tammy's autopsy results public, it's hard to tell exactly what physical evidence Chad's going to have to somehow explain away when it comes to her death and that murder charge.

But if Chad's tactic is to blame Tammy's death on LVD and/or AC, he's going to have to come up with some 'logical' explanation for his dark/light zombies doctrine so that it means something other than "This person is no longer this person; they're an evil being whom we need to murder," because telling LVD & AC those things about Tammy and then her ended up dead...? Yeah, that's pretty damning.

He's going to have to argue somehow that the dark/light zombie doctrines weren't actually meant literally... that LVD and/or AC totally misunderstood what he was teaching when he said those things and that they acted on it without his knowledge.

IMO, MOO, IANAL
Lori admitted to getting rid of Charles/Ned. "We" likely refers to the co-conspirators, including Chad.

"So I talked to the insurance company," read a transcript of a text message from Lori to Chad Daybell. "He changed it in March. So it was probably Ned before we got rid of him… I’ll still get the $4K a month from SS."

I'll look that up. While I'm curious about a few things, I'm not really convinced fringe beliefs will have that much bearing on a verdict. There's plenty of evidence showing they're just rotten killers.

I don't want to derail the thread with Mormon theology as we've all done that before.

JMO

I don't think it is entirely a derailment because I think theology has something to do with setting the stage up for these actors.

Prosecutors and defenders love to talk motive (or lack thereof) and social surroundings to show how alleged illegal actions make sense - or don't make sense - on that stage.

But the stage has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Only the alleged actions matter- not the motivations or lack of motivations for them. I agree with you on that point.

But I don't think theology is derailment. If talking about lust/ money/ greed/ revenge is relevant, so is discussion about theology, IMO. They are both discussions of what could explain, if not prove, guilt or innocence.

MOO

Lori admitted to getting rid of Charles/Ned. "We" likely refers to the co-conspirators, including Chad.

"So I talked to the insurance company," read a transcript of a text message from Lori to Chad Daybell. "He changed it in March. So it was probably Ned before we got rid of him… I’ll still get the $4K a month from SS."

Wow! I don’t remember this email. Seems like she could be charged with murder since she states ‘we got rid of him”.

I was just listening to the recorded conversation between Rob Woods and LVD's sister (SS) that was released two years ago. Interesting to hear this again with Woods' noting both CD & LVD being manipulative. Also, he says LVD believes everything she did was done in "righteousness" (LDS-speak per Woods).

I was just listening to the recorded conversation between Rob Woods and LVD's sister (SS) that was released two years ago. Interesting to hear this again with Woods' noting both CD & LVD being manipulative. Also, he says LVD believes everything she did was done in "righteousness" (LDS-speak per Woods).

Would love to see Lori insist on testifying like Murdaugh. Jurors will hate her and she would be flirting with the male jurors, because she is so “righteous“ in her own eyes.

Would love to see Lori insist on testifying like Murdaugh. Jurors will hate her and she would be flirting with the male jurors, because she is so “righteous“ in her own eyes.

I agree. She's only a believer in her conniving schemes.

Also, I found it interesting how friendly (laughing) everyone seems in the recording. But, maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
I shall shorten this up a bit...

Wednesday, March 15th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Will be transferred to Ada County jail on 3/25/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial set to begin on 4/3/23 thru 6/9/23 @ 9am. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 2/23/23 reference post #509 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-26

2/27/23 Update: Daybell & Vallow appeared via Zoom, also defense attorney John Prior on Zoom. Prosecutors Lindsey Blake, Rob Wood & Rachel Smith were in attendance along with Jim Archibald & John Thomas, Vallow’s defense attorneys. Shortly after the proceedings started, Boyce said the new report may or may not be admitted into evidence. Because of that, he called for a portion of the hearing to be held privately without members of the public as it would prejudice a jury. Prior objected to closing the hearing. Judge Steven Boyce said the purpose of the hearing is to discuss a report about the DNA evidence. Judge Boyce says the State just received a report today, 2/27/23 on DNA evidence & because of that, today's hearing is continued until Thursday, 3/2/23 @ 9:30am. The next hearing scheduled in the case is a pretrial conference on 3/9/23.
3/2/23 Update: Daybell & his lawyer John Prior are on Zoom. Lori & her attorney Jim Archibald are in the courtroom. John Prior is arguing that he will need at least 60 days to get the DNA testing done on the most recent report received on Tuesday during the last hearing. Judge Boyce: "If I force a continuance here, then I have to violate Vallow's right to a speedy trial. Judge Boyce will sever the Vallow/Daybell trial. The 4/3/23 trial date will be vacated for Daybell. Next pretrial conference hearing on 3/9/23.
For more info see posts #511, 515, 516 & 520 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-26
And posts #527, 528 & 532 here:
[/URL]

3/5/23: Defense: Motion in Limine-to exclude late-disclosed evidence. Motion to dismiss the death penalty. (Media saturation of case is still persistent, multiple discovery violations by the government & government wanting to kill a mentally ill person is a troubling thought). 3/7/23: Defense: Motion to Compel (for what they believe could be hundreds of hours of audio statements of C. Daybell. 3/7/23: Judge's Order: Governing courtroom conduct-Ada County courtroom & Ada County overflow viewing location. Order: Governing conduct-Madison County remote viewing location. Notice of hearing. Motions hearing on 3/15/23 @ 9:30am.
3/8/23: 100+ subpoenas issued all under seal. 3/14/23 Update; Logistics are well underway for the Ada County trial against Vallow. Potential jurors will be answering questionnaires at the Ada County Courthouse on 3/27 & 3/28/23. A court order filed by Judge Steven Boyce says, “because the distribution of questionnaires is an administrative function, only Counsel & the Defendant will be permitted to observe.” Vallow is set to appear in Fremont County Court for a motions hearing Wednesday, 3/15/23, then will be transported to the Ada County Jail by 3/25/23. Only some portions of the jury selection will be simulcast. Sections, where potential jurors are questioned individually, will be closed to the public.
*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.
*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow (62).
Reference post #334: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-17

Yeah- That recording always intrigues me.

1) Woods tells Summer that there is more physical evidence about Lori.

2) Woods wants Summer to turn Lori against Chad which was dubious.

3) Woods does not seem to consider that Summer could be just as cult programmed as Lori, in spite of the fact that she had trust ratings and such and...

4) ...Summer and Zulema had the same attorney. If Summer was possibly not totally cult programmed, there was no doubt about Zulema.

In the end, it seems to me it was a wasted effort, but it did give us a glimpse into what Woods was thinking. There is not much difference in the methods of coercive control/spiritual abuse/emotional abuse 1:1 and the methods of cult programming. Woods' interview may have born fruit if this were as simple as Chad manipulating Lori. But it was bigger than that- and the attorney shared by Zulema and Summer knew it and was protecting his clients from admitting culpability.

(It may have been a good idea legally and ethically for Summer and Zulema to tell prosecutors what you know, but even that has to be done carefully. And not only would those women have to be deprogrammed plus muster the character to put vanity aside, they would have to consider that their words could get Lori executed.)

MOO

Yeah- That recording always intrigues me.

1) Woods tells Summer that there is more physical evidence about Lori.

2) Woods wants Summer to turn Lori against Chad which was dubious.

3) Woods does not seem to consider that Summer could be just as cult programmed as Lori, in spite of the fact that she had trust ratings and such and...

4) ...Summer and Zulema had the same attorney. If Summer was possibly not totally cult programmed, there was no doubt about Zulema.

In the end, it seems to me it was a wasted effort, but it did give us a glimpse into what Woods was thinking. There is not much difference in the methods of coercive control/spiritual abuse/emotional abuse 1:1 and the methods of cult programming. Woods' interview may have born fruit if this were as simple as Chad manipulating Lori. But it was bigger than that- and the attorney shared by Zulema and Summer knew it and was protecting his clients from admitting culpability.

(It may have been a good idea legally and ethically for Summer and Zulema to tell prosecutors what you know, but even that has to be done carefully. And not only would those women have to be deprogrammed plus muster the character to put vanity aside, they would have to consider that their words could get Lori executed.)

MOO
Lori's family seems to be putting the blame on Chad more than Lori does. It's questionable if they can reason with her or influence her decisions at all. Her ex-attorney might have played a bigger role. IMO Rob Wood (no s) wasn't lying to her sister about her being ready to take a deal at some point. Mentally she might be in a different place now.

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Lori testifying. On one hand, I think she’d like to put on her Lori show. On the other, it would be a disaster.

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Lori testifying. On one hand, I think she’d like to put on her Lori show. On the other, it would be a disaster.

IMO this is not the same Lori we knew in bodycam and police dept interviews in 2019.

She was a master at manipulating and placing herself as the victim.

If she still has that unethical talent, she could really shine on the stand- and yes, she would like the attention. But I suspect some of her manipulative mojo is lost although she still believes in her godliness and Chad's. IMO only, I doubt she will be as good and controlling the narrative as she has been in the past. I think a trickle of doubt has seeped in, doubt she does not acknowledge, but it knocks her off her game.

MOO-

It would but she would be convicted. Think of it. She smiles and flirts with the jurors and all the while they know she murdered people. Ugh…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413