Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for all the explanations on things. It is very helpful to me in this case.

One thing I just noticed about MG's statement here if this is accurately transcribed from the taped phone call. Notice what she says and how she phrased this to LV.

Melanie Gibb
“Yeah. Okay, I hope, wow. I hope he’s okay. I hope you guys are okay. I did have a question. I asked Al at one point, your brother if I wanted to know, you know, like where he was? And he said, I did not want to know and that he could not be found. So what does that mean?”

She knew something bad happened.
Her actual question to Alex probably was like this:
"Hey Alex, do I really want to know what happened to JJ?" She knew it was bad.

This is the sort of thing why some of us are not too fond of MG. She knew and yet now is trying to claim ignorance of the whole thing. JMO

Last edited:
2)The defendant is guilty of more than the charged offenses and fears further charges from the potentially damning evidence that may come out at the preliminary hearing.

Snipped by me, but I think this is precisely why she has waived her right to the prelim hearing and why she will most likely plead guilty to the current charges or accept a plea deal, should one be laid out on the table. JMO.

Snipped by me, but I think this is precisely why she has waived her right to the prelim hearing and why she will most likely plead guilty to the current charges or accept a plea deal, should one be laid out on the table. JMO.
I was thinking about that too and I really hope they don't offer her any deals she doesn't deserve any she needs to face everything she's done and then go sit the rest of her miserable life behind bars so she can suffer. I think they have enough evidence on the both of them that they won't need any help from her at least that's what I'm hoping anyway. It's going to be a long road through trial though there is so much to cover so they might offer her or him something just so they won't have to be wrapped up in court proceedings for so long.

Thanks to everyone for all the explanations on things. It is very helpful to me in this case.

One thing I just noticed about MG's statement here if this is accurately transcribed from the taped phone call. Notice what she says and how she phrased this to LV.

Melanie Gibb
“Yeah. Okay, I hope, wow. I hope he’s okay. I hope you guys are okay. I did have a question. I asked Al at one point, your brother if I wanted to know, you know, like where he was? And he said, I did not want to know and that he could not be found. So what does that mean?”

This is the sort of thing why some of us are not too fond of MG. She knew and yet now is trying to claim ignorance of the whole thing.
It was Dec 8, so the search was new. What she knew at that time was that she was being asked to lie about childrens whereabouts. Murder was one possibility.
MG is a pivotal prosecution witness.
Prior is going assasinate MGs character, and he got right to work in the prelim on MGs likability:
TR didn't like MG. (Sounds like a Lori provided detail.)
The prosecutor was flat footed allowing that line to develop.

It was Dec 8, so the search was new. What she knew at that time was that she was being asked to lie about childrens whereabouts. Murder was one possibility.
MG is a pivotal prosecution witness.
Prior is going assasinate MGs character, and he got right to work in the prelim on MGs likability:
TR didn't like MG. (Sounds like a Lori provided detail.)
The prosecutor was flat footed allowing that line to develop.

BBM. And the stupid thing is, it doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with the charges. Just more noise. Jmo

Was trying to figure out what reasons Lori and her attorney would have to waive the prelim

I'm kicking myself for not realizing in advance there was no chance of their allowing the prelim.

Prelim bars are very low. RW put CD over, with many observers believing evidence was held back. Yet the evidence against CD is but a molehill compared to the mountain looming above LV.

For a refresher, I recommend Diddian here: Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

What could possibly be a motive for putting LV -- and the sordid case against her -- on humiliating display when absolutely nothing could be gained?

Last edited:
I'm kicking myself for not realizing in advance there was no chance of their allowing the prelim.

Prelim bars are very low. RW put CD over, with many observers believing evidence was held back. But the evidence against CD is but a molehill compared to the mountain looming above LV.

For a refresher, I recommend Diddian here: Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

I didn't realize it at first either because it's not very often that a person would opt out a prelim. I think you're right the amount of evidence against Lori must be a lot more than what they have on Chad because seems like she might be getting scared now and trying to find a way to minimize her part in everything but I don't think she will be able to they're going to throw everything that got at her and him both.

Lori wore a mask to wave her prelim

She was by herself in the courtroom
The guard was very far away
Means & Wood, the judge...No masks
Chad, etc wore no masks at his hearing
They respectfully asked the judge

She could of asked judge if okay to have no mask.
She is a coward
Zero accountability
Zero respect for the judge

Especially with her “YEP” answer to the
judge

MOO

Thank you SleuthD-o-doubleg for the link to another excellent EIN article.

I apologize in advance for the long rant. All JMO

Please don't get me wrong, as I support our men and women in blue. But I had to bite my tongue after reading in this current (Aug 6, 2020) news article that the Chandler PD are (now) planning to "eventually file charges against LV in connection to the 2019 homicide of her (LVD's) former husband." They key word there is: "eventually".

I was also not surprised to read in the article (even though it's now been over a year since July 2019) that the Chandler PD is "still going through active search warrants and supoenas". The key word there is: "still"

Or that Chandler Police now indicate that a "conspiracy to commit murder" charge is possible". The key word there is: "possible"

After all, back then, who would've been suspicious of a woman who, while being interviewed immediately after the traumatic shooting death of her "then" (not "former") husband, and explaining why there was really nothing she could say that would assuage her neighbors who might've been upset by the shooting - as they had not really gotten to know them yet, having just moved in, brightly quipped: "I'm like, Hi neighbors. Sorry."

Neither was I surprised to read that Chandler PD "still has a ways to go in their investigation", or that a Chandler PD detective had recently told EIN: "This case is a marathon, not a sprint". Roger that. The key phrases there are: "still has a ways to go" and "this case is a marathon".

Maybe the "marathon, not a sprint" phrase was added to the Chandler PD media relations handbook near the end of 2019 when it appears to have first dawned on CPD that LV might actually have LIED to them about what happened that day! No way! And what if all those warnings by CV prior to his death stating: "if I am ever found murdered, Lori and Alex did it" were actually TRUE? What if the shooting hadn't been self defense after all, Mr Hand?

I'm sorry to be so sarcastic, but I think it's warranted. Several CPD investigators on officer cams appeared completely enarmored with (gaga over, really), LV. It was like they had a high school crush on her. They believed every word she said - even her most improbable statements - and apparentjy they refused to even consider the possibility that CV just might have been murdered by a vengeful, evil, lying, (but smiling), cheating, sociopath wife and her all-too-eager-to-please, fake-bump-on-the-head, pit bull of a brother. CV even fore-TOLD them. His lawyer told them. His ex told them. His sister told them. Others could've told them if they'd only been asked. Look at the communication. Come. On.

IMO they should make training videos out of those officer cam tapes: "keep your head, don't let THIS happen!"

Sometimes a race just seems like a marathon because the race actually started six months before you ever heard the gun.

I think that the national news stories about the missing children in Rexburg, the attempted shooting of BB in Gilbert, TD's death (and the later exhumation), the disappearance of LVD and CD, the mysterious marriages, the trips to HI, the new suspicions about JR's death, the charges filed against LVD and CD in Idaho, and the many other incidents and red flags by December finally helped shake the marathon runners from the spell cast upon them by the wicked witch. Before then, I think they were sleeping in poppies.

IMO, no matter whether charges are eventually filed in Chandler or not, there will never be justice for CV and his family. Sadly, I think that time has passed.

Jmo
As much faith as I have in law enforcement, sometimes they make mistakes too. I don’t think the situation was handled correctly for Charles. I hope he gets justice too. Idk if it’s too late, as some cases go unsolved for years and then get solved. It’s promising at this point that the case is still under investigation. All jmo

Just glad that the word homicide is now used to describe the death of Charles Vallow --- by someone other than us.

The latest on Charles Vallow's death and when charges could be filed against Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Police in Arizona will eventually ask prosecutors to file charges against Lori Vallow Daybell in connection to the 2019 homicide of her former husband, Charles Vallow.

Eventually
has no place in this!

Justice for Colby, Kay & Larry, please.

JMHO YMMV LRR
Isn't killing another person in self-defense technically a homicide? I'm not saying that Charles' death was self-defense - I hope it can be proved it wasn't.

Something still irks me about MP, i truly believe she knows the most about all of this next to chad and lori, more than MG.

I still think the the document found on IP's computer is a gold mine of evidence.

Here's just a few quotes from that document...

Melanine had been told by chad and lori that their children had been possessed and become zombies, She shared concerns that she's been told Brandon needed to die and that may indicate that jj and tyle needed to die also.

She stated that brandon had become possessed by a demon.

She was concerned the AL may have had to "take care" of the kids.

Melanine shared that she feard for the lives of two of her children.

if shooting at brandon was indeed because he was no longer brandon and needed to die as part of the lords plan.

Also the amount of info on zombies and other dark teachings in the document and they way he has it all detailed with bullet points and descriptors etc tells me that's not just stuff he recalled hearing from MP off the top of his head, It was far far far too detailed and specific. MP must have shared documents with him about chads teachings that she had, it is not possible for ian to have remembered all of those specific details of the top of his head. Where are those documents now? my guess is destroyed, all i know is MP knows WAY more about all of this, And based on her husband being shot at and her expressing fears for her own children i believe she may even be fully involved in the conspiracy herself.

Original source.
READ: Exhibit from Brandon Boudreaux's court filing | East Idaho News

Lori wore a mask to wave her prelim

She was by herself in the courtroom
The guard was very far away
Means & Wood, the judge...No masks
Chad, etc wore no masks at his hearing
They respectfully asked the judge

She could of asked judge if okay to have no mask.
She is a coward
Zero accountability
Zero respect for the judge

Especially with her “YEP” answer to the
judge

MOO
Yep, yep, yep...

She hid behind her mask.

...and as everyone thanked the judge at the end, she sat there alone in silence.

I was thinking about that too and I really hope they don't offer her any deals she doesn't deserve any she needs to face everything she's done and then go sit the rest of her miserable life behind bars so she can suffer. I think they have enough evidence on the both of them that they won't need any help from her at least that's what I'm hoping anyway. It's going to be a long road through trial though there is so much to cover so they might offer her or him something just so they won't have to be wrapped up in court proceedings for so long.
Imo the time for deals are done. With the evidence we have heard, the manner of the kids being found/murdered, and all the lying to law enforcement I just don’t see how there’s much chance for a deal. I could be wrong here though. All jmo

I didn't realize it at first either because it's not very often that a person would opt out a prelim. I think you're right the amount of evidence against Lori must be a lot more than what they have on Chad because seems like she might be getting scared now and trying to find a way to minimize her part in everything but I don't think she will be able to they're going to throw everything that got at her and him both.

In "normal" cases waiving a preliminary hearing is unusual because it gives defense counsel a "free" look at some of the prosecution's evidence and that is reason enough to require the state to go through the motions. Many high profile cases are charged through a grand jury process which eliminates the preliminary hearing in most cases because the grand jury's indictment replaces the function of a preliminary hearing and "proves" there is sufficient evidence to go forward with a trial. The cases against Chad and Lori are unusual in that the crimes charged now are clearly NOT the prosecution's objective and simply serve to keep the defendants incarcerated while the murder investigations continue. Frankly, it was a foregone conclusion both Chad and Lori would be bound over for trial. The evidence referred to in the charging documents more than met the low hurdle for a probable cause finding and the prosecution could have simply introduced the phone evidence, Chad's text message and proof of the location of the bodies and moved on. That they chose to play the jailhouse phone call and Melani's conversation were interesting tidbits that were no doubt calculated to be a shot over Lori's bow.

Lori's attorney was faced with a difficult decision. While it would have been useful to learn of any new evidence the State has against his client, he also knew Lori would be on front pages everywhere with her smiling lies highlighted against proof that her children were dead and buried as she spoke. Moreover, the crimes Lori is currently charged with are small potatoes compared to what is coming. Being able to watch Chad's prelim gave enough of a "preview" that going forward with Lori's hearing would not have gained much and likely would have served only to further vilify her in the eyes of potential jurors.

Melanie Gibb

This is the sort of thing why some of us are not too fond of MG. She knew and yet now is trying to claim ignorance of the whole thing. JMO
Thank you Hatfield. This is exactly what I have been trying to express in all my posts and I bumbled it pretty well. :(
Thank you for saying what I couldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member