Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1293676361291198464

Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

FOX 13 INVESTIGATES - Tonight at 5:30, we take a look at this letter sent by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It states leaders should not involve themselves in any court case without speaking to the Church first.
EfQPvg3U8AAfxsl

https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1293676574361837568
This letter was sent the same day a judge ruled that Chad Daybell's case would move forward to trial. Some say the policy is unethical. Some say it's sound legal advice. Others say it borders on obstruction of justice, potentially impacting cases across the country.
EfQP7YlUwAId6Xb

https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1293687170922733569
A spokesperson for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints clarified a few questions regarding the policy. My question: "Does the Church discourage (involvement) after seeking permission, or is it just kind of a – 'Hey we’re just giving you a heads up?'" Response:

https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1293687571357134850

My follow up: "Sure, but if someone is subpoenaed because they believe they might have information related to a case, are they still going to be discouraged not to get involved?" Penrod: "Uhm, I can’t speak to that... They just don’t want the Church involved."

Thanks for posting this as I saw this, but wasn't on MSM so I didn't mention.

I too thought very interesting, and wondered if this was more directed at the Arizona case vs. Rexberg case, even though the timing came out near Chad's case.

Are they thinking it might be like a catholic confession which I believe is indeed not allowed to be disclosed?

Not sure.... will look forward to their 5:30 report link.

Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

FOX 13 INVESTIGATES - Tonight at 5:30, we take a look at this letter sent by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It states leaders should not involve themselves in any court case without speaking to the Church first.
EfQPvg3U8AAfxsl

This letter was sent the same day a judge ruled that Chad Daybell's case would move forward to trial. Some say the policy is unethical. Some say it's sound legal advice. Others say it borders on obstruction of justice, potentially impacting cases across the country.
EfQP7YlUwAId6Xb

A spokesperson for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints clarified a few questions regarding the policy. My question: "Does the Church discourage (involvement) after seeking permission, or is it just kind of a – 'Hey we’re just giving you a heads up?'" Response:

My follow up: "Sure, but if someone is subpoenaed because they believe they might have information related to a case, are they still going to be discouraged not to get involved?" Penrod: "Uhm, I can’t speak to that... They just don’t want the Church involved."
Approximately what percentage of practicing LDS members qualify as "leaders" as laid out in the "To:" section of that letter? It goes all the way down to members of Ward and Stake Councils. Aren't leadership roles of one level or another strongly encouraged? (So this letter would be fairly all-inclusive?)

Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

EfQPvg3U8AAfxsl

EfQP7YlUwAId6Xb

This is straight up encouraging obstruction. The church can stick a thumb in their ear as far as I’m concerned. What an abhorrent position to take. What are they afraid of?

Thanks for posting this as I saw this, but wasn't on MSM so I didn't mention.

I too thought very interesting, and wondered if this was more directed at the Arizona case vs. Rexberg case, even though the timing came out near Chad's case.

Are they thinking it might be like a catholic confession which I believe is indeed not allowed to be disclosed?

Not sure.... will look forward to their 5:30 report link.

You can cite MSM reporters. Adam works for FOX13.

Ya know, if they had dumped her body at YNP, she would have never been found. Seriously.
They'd never have left the parking lot to do anything like that! They're not into nature IMO. Freaked out, probably. Remember how they're not into camping and had an alternate plan for themselves at the end of time?
And then, YNP has signs everywhere about human interactions with wildlife. You'd get the impression that you'd be subject to critter attack every other minute!
I did think it was possible they killed Tylee in YNP, but the pings don't allow much time for a stop between the photo and the Park exit, as far as I can tell.
We don't have their pings entirely listed, IMO, between when they left the town of West Yellowstone and when they got back to town. It's possible LE left some out and haven't released the whole list of what they have IMO. This is going to be interesting as the case unfurls.

This is straight up encouraging obstruction. The church can stick a thumb in their ear as far as I’m concerned. What an abhorrent position to take. What are they afraid of?

That letter was extremely disturbing to me. I thought that church leaders had gone further in their understanding of what "mandatory reporting" is, that means to contact the police, not church legal team first.

Kirton McConkie
This is the actual firm. I have actually seen this in action. If there is something within a Ward or Stake boundaries that happens and they need legal advice they call that 800 number. The leadership in Wards and Stakes are all working people who could be anything in any profession and need direction...That being said...I have also seen the Church protect itself and handle things within it's own legal world . There is a reason Adam Herbert picked up on the LDS Church sending out this letter and the timing and it looks sketchy. MOO

Approximately what percentage of practicing LDS members qualify as "leaders" as laid out in the "To:" section of that letter? It goes all the way down to members of Ward and Stake Councils. Aren't leadership roles of one level or another strongly encouraged? (So this letter would be fairly all-inclusive?)
My take on the whole thing as someone who is LDS: I will do what I can to stand up for the defenseless and the voiceless, I want people to be good, I want justice to prevail in all cases, I don’t want there to be bad things happening in the world. And that takes someone to stand up even if you’re the only one. So despite what is said, if I am in a position to help (I’m not inserting myself where I know nothing) like if I see something or I’m tied into something I will. To me there is a difference between ignoring things and doing what is right. All jmo

I don’t know what they are really getting at. But they have from time to time issued statements that are often read at church or announced through other means. Sometimes they are generalized statements that don’t necessarily have an impact on everyone at the time. All jmo moo

On another forum that I read some people think this letter might have something to do with the Douglas Lovell death penalty murder case and LDS Bishops meddling in the case and the LDS church does not want this to happen with the Daybell case.
Testimony heard regarding LDS Church's alleged meddling in Weber County death penalty trial

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already. Part of the timeline:

The next morning — Nov. 27, 2019 — the Rexburg Police Department is asked to serve a search warrant at the request of Arizona authorities. A Madison County Sheriff’s dispatch log indicates a phone pinged at the 565 Pioneer Road townhomes at that moment. The log also indicated the call related to a missing 7-year-old, now known to be JJ, and “homicide” investigations in Arizona. When police arrived, they discovered the Daybells had “abruptly” left.

The timeline in the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News

Do we know who called Madison County SO dispatch from Lori's townhouse area on the morning of Nov 27 in relation to JJ AND an Arizona homicide case?

I’m a few pages behind, so I’m not sure if anyone has already said this.

I read that timeline entry a number of times, and then I came to this conclusion:

Arizona authorities contacted Rexburg PD to serve a search warrant, and this contact went through the Madison County dispatch. The Madison County dispatch log is documenting the request from the Arizona authorities, who said that a phone just pinged at the residence and also that the call to serve the search warrant was related to the missing 7 year old and an Arizona homicide investigation. This also explains why the entry states that “when police arrived, they discovered the Daybells had ‘abruptly’ left.” If Rexburg PD were told by Arizona authorities that a phone had just pinged at that residence, the departure would seem abrupt.

But that’s just my best interpretation and JMO.

On another forum that I read some people think this letter might have something to do with the Douglas Lovell death penalty murder case and LDS Bishops meddling in the case and the LDS church does not want this to happen with the Daybell case.
Testimony heard regarding LDS Church's alleged meddling in Weber County death penalty trial

I totally forgot about this case... this makes more sense applied to Lovell case. The Vallow / Daybell case that is going to put the church into a spotlight with weird twisted teachings and now we can see SLC is paying attention.

Remember back in January people were asking why the Church had not made a public statement?
I think this is the public statement..
July 31,2020 an updated LDS Handbook came out.

The Occult

“That which is of God is light” (Doctrine and Covenants 50:24). The occult focuses on darkness and leads to deception. It destroys faith in Christ.

The occult includes Satan worship. It also includes mystical activities that are not in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Such activities include (but are not limited to) fortune-telling, curses, and healing practices that are imitations of the priesthood power of God (see Moroni 7:11–17).

Church members should not engage in any form of Satan worship or participate in any way with the occult. They should not focus on such darkness in conversations or in Church meetings.

**MOO

According to MG's and DW's testimony, Chad took them to look at a piece of land close to his own home and was encouraging them to build on that land.
With AxC moving to Rexburg (before marrying ZP) and MP and IP in Rexburg, I just thought that they were trying to get all their stooges together, living in close proximity of each other so they could carry out their plan of the end of the world and gathering the 144,000.
JMO

I'd like to preface my response by indicating I certainly have no desire to derail the thread with religious talk. So, instead, I'd like to respond about the beliefs of others. I'm including myself- I have beliefs, and some of them have nothing to do with religion.

About all of them being near one another to gather the 144,000...... How could this number of people be gathered in such a short period of time? Would they have had enough time to prepare for the end of the world (as we know it) so quickly? The biggest question I have is did their beliefs include never being charged for the number of people (including children) who were being murdered? Were they blameless for killing "zombies"?

Every case has its own twists and turns, but this one leaves me shaking my head and asking why? The possibility of them serving only 10 years (if there are not additional charges), makes me want to scream! That is NOT justice for taking the lives of two beautiful children, and possibly a wife and ex-husband.

I'd like to preface my response by indicating I certainly have no desire to derail the thread with religious talk. So, instead, I'd like to respond about the beliefs of others. I'm including myself- I have beliefs, and some of them have nothing to do with religion.

About all of them being near one another to gather the 144,000...... How could this number of people be gathered in such a short period of time? Would they have had enough time to prepare for the end of the world (as we know it) so quickly? The biggest question I have is did their beliefs include never being charged for the number of people (including children) who were being murdered? Were they blameless for killing "zombies"?

Every case has its own twists and turns, but this one leaves me shaking my head and asking why? The possibility of them serving only 10 years (if there are not additional charges), makes me want to scream! That is NOT justice for taking the lives of two beautiful children, and possibly a wife and ex-husband.
Serving only 10 years would be an absolute travesty! These two have ‘lucked out’ too many times. I can only hope and pray the investigators prevent that from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes