Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems pretty clear that they've specifically said for members to not cooperate by saying they should consult with them first so they can be told not to. I don't see how that can be misconstrued.

I just can't believe that that is the real meaning behind this. There have been plenty of big name trials involving the Mormon Church involving murder and kidnapping in the past, and I certainly do not think it means that they are trying to prevent testimony against CD and LVD. I DO think the mainstream church wants to distance itself from this kind of stuff and not be associated with it. They do not want CD and LVD trying to portray themselves as good LDS people. Its all my opinion, but this is still the U.S.A. right?

I say cut Emma and family some slack over removing the memorial. We don’t know if they were advised by CD’s attorney to do so, or what their reasoning was. I understand many think it was tacky to remove it. I feel the decision was made for sound reason. I mean, I’ve read people from all over the country have visited that site. They could have unstable folks come with nefarious intent. Plus the suspect is their father - the family may be absolutely crushed emotionally over all this. They have a right to privacy as well.
I personally wish they would set up a memorial at the Madison County jail preferably somewhere Lori V can see out her cell “window”.

Completely agree with your perspective and your idea of where the memorial should be placed.

Being insensitive was not my intention, I just thought there could have been a better way to remove it.

Attachments

I hope we can all agree that members of LDS are not being attacked here. This letter could have been written by any church heirarchy anywhere. It’s the leaders judgment that I question in even putting this letter out there.

I’m sensitive to this. Several years back I worked with a young mother in her 20’s. The Catholic priest where some of my extended family attended was transferred to her church to cover up child molestation charges that occurred in my extended family’s church. I’m not Catholic. When I asked the girl if she knew what he had done and how she felt about it she said flatly that they were NOT to question authority of the priest because the church knew best! It was a common practice that Bishops covered for sexual abusers (some being abusers themselves) and moved them to different churches to keep the name of the church in good standing with members, and likely to smother lawsuits. Lawsuits have followed through the years though.

I’m struggling with why Chad would even bury those poor children on his land!!! Of all the places out West where there are acres and acres of forest & desolate places. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

This is one reason why I think Chad is not the brightest bulb in the bunch and adds to why I feel Chad was the one manipulated. If Chad didn’t see the risk in having the children buried in his yard, then fantasy is indeed Chad’s reality.

I agree.

I cannot even fathom why his mind didn't think about the police looking on his property, due to his association with LV.

The other scenario I think about is LV and AC trying to frame him. If the children were found on HIS property, he would most likely become the #1 suspect. That would take attention away from them, and potentially allow time for escape and going on the run.

I just can't believe that that is the real meaning behind this. There have been plenty of big name trials involving the Mormon Church involving murder and kidnapping in the past, and I certainly do not think it means that they are trying to prevent testimony against CD and LVD. I DO think the mainstream church wants to distance itself from this kind of stuff and not be associated with it. They do not want CD and LVD trying to portray themselves as good LDS people. Its all my opinion, but this is still the U.S.A. right?

None of the witnesses should have cooperated or testified by this directions of this letter.

That would mean BB didn't identify the kids. MG didn't testify. DW didn't testify. DP didn't offer to let LE/FBI look into everything they had. The neighbour wouldn't have called if they are LDS and there is an excellent chance he is. The family wouldn't have identified the pet cemetery.

There is a good chance those children would still be in CD's backyard with this. Everyone who continues to help is directly contravening directives given. That puts them in a bad position of choosing to cooperate or maintain their position in the group and so far this whole group itself and all the people around them look like they'd rather eat their arm off than that happen.

I gotta disagree with you. Plus they put it out as soon as CD was put over to trail. I don't believe in coinkidinks.

Is the LDS non profit? They are sure blurring that church/state line. Jmo

Most churches do, actually. Many Americans have a problem with that. I am one of them. This isn’t about politics, though, but something more subtle. It’s got to be making some lawyers’ teeth itch right now.

For those interested, tax-exempt organizations, a class that includes most churches, are forbidden under federal law from lobbying for specific legislation or endorsing candidates for elected office. Most politically active nonprofits get around this by referring to their political efforts as “public education.” It’s all very slippery. I did that for a living for many years, including for Catholic educational institutions in Washington DC and it’s suburbs.

I interpreted the letter to apply only to Church leaders, not just any member. Not so?
The problem with this is that the LDS pride themselves in having no paid clergy at the local level (though higher up in the organization, many are provided with generous stipends). This muddies the waters, because many people within a ward hold some sort of volunteer "leadership" position. Lori herself was a Young Women's group leader at one point, IIRC, and Chad was formerly part of the bishopric, so they could both technically be considered church leaders. So it's unclear who exactly this does and does not apply to.
-MOO-

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1294097532239323136

Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

A new statement from the LDS Church does not directly respond to the accusations in Means' letter other than to reiterate: "The letter of August 4 serves as a routine reiteration of a long-standing policy and has nothing to do with any pending case."

FOX 13 News Utah
7:24 PM · Aug 13, 2020·Twitter Web App
I interpreted the letter to apply only to Church leaders, not just any member. Not so?
By reading the letter, it applies to all.

None of the witnesses should have cooperated or testified by this directions of this letter.

That would mean BB didn't identify the kids. MG didn't testify. DW didn't testify. DP didn't offer to let LE/FBI look into everything they had. The neighbour wouldn't have called if they are LDS and there is an excellent chance he is. The family wouldn't have identified the pet cemetery.

There is a good chance those children would still be in CD's backyard with this. Everyone who continues to help is directly contravening directives given. That puts them in a bad position of choosing to cooperate or maintain their position in the group and so far this whole group itself and all the people around them look like they'd rather eat their arm off than that happen.

I gotta disagree with you. Plus they put it out as soon as CD was put over to trail. I don't believe in coinkidinks.

If this is the case, I just don't see how!

Now I can see if someone is going to present themselves as an officer of the Church to the court or legal system, they are under the jurisdiction of the Church, so cannot speak for the Church per se. But I don't see how a private citizen who is not representing the Church can be told not to become involved if they ARE involved!

This is mind-blowing, and obviously Means is taking it as detrimental to his defense case. But how?

I hope we can all agree that members of LDS are not being attacked here. This letter could have been written by any church heirarchy anywhere. It’s the leaders judgment that I question in even putting this letter out there.

I’m sensitive to this. Several years back I worked with a young mother in her 20’s. The Catholic priest where some of my extended family attended was transferred to her church to cover up child molestation charges that occurred in my extended family’s church. I’m not Catholic. When I asked the girl if she knew what he had done and how she felt about it she said flatly that they were NOT to question authority of the priest because the church knew best! It was a common practice that Bishops covered for sexual abusers (some being abusers themselves) and moved them to different churches to keep the name of the church in good standing with members, and likely to smother lawsuits. Lawsuits have followed through the years though.

Indeed. My g-g-g-Grandfather was a home child and appears to have been sexually assaulted as favourite of a Catholic bishop here is what it looks like. That family is still very well placed in the Church with the newer generations still with members in such powerful positions. We have been told numerous times to not look for his information and let it go. We aren't even looking at the likely sexual assaults. He was just transported and his parentage hidden and put on a nameless ship to get here. All his records have been expunged and its obviously intentional.

This is something that is not just found in this group. It certainly isn't leaving the flock to find the lost sheep that's for sure.

Last edited:

I agree that this letter could be written by any church. However, as a practicing Catholic, I would never, ever follow the word of a Catholic Bishop. “Move Therapy” has been used by our church. I am vocal and have been known to report alleged wrongdoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221