Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LDS church has plenty of for-profit investments.
<snipped for focus>

Nonprofits, including churches, are not prohibited from making money. Rules apply and it can get very complicated. The Vatican used to own the Watergate apartment complex in Washington DC! IRS.gov has some of the basic regulations if you want to dig deeper, but I warn you it’s VERY complicated when you start trying to puzzle out nonprofits with assets worth billions.

Last edited:
If this is the case, I just don't see how!

Now I can see if someone is going to present themselves as an officer of the Church to the court or legal system, they are under the jurisdiction of the Church, so cannot speak for the Church per se. But I don't see how a private citizen who is not representing the Church can be told not to become involved if they ARE involved!

This is mind-blowing, and obviously Means is taking it as detrimental to his defense case. But how?

Could be he cannot see the forest for the trees. Could be the opposite - Prior was clearly setting something up about CD, MG, DW all being referenced for their membership. Maybe Prior and Means have a strategy that works on CD's knowledge of how this works and provoked it to save his arse and MM is lending credibility to that not being the case. Or Prior knows how to manipulate Means to get that plausible deniability here by letting Means act like himself.

I agree that this letter could be written by any church. However, as a practicing Catholic, I would never, ever follow the word of a Catholic Bishop. “Move Therapy” has been used by our church. I am vocal and have been known to report alleged wrongdoing.

Yes, people should think independently because we all have a soul and should know right from wrong. We do not need to go to anyone who thinks themselves “above “ us to ask permission to do what is right. Thanks for your post.

Indeed. My g-g-g-Grandfather was a home child and appears to have been sexually assaulted as favourite of a Catholic bishop here is what it looks like. That family is still very well placed in the Church. We have been told numerous times to not look for his information and let it go. We aren't even looking at the likely sexual assaults. He was just transported and his parentage hidden and put on a nameless ship to get here. All his records have been expunged.

This is something that is not just found in this group. It certainly isn't leaving the flock to find the lost sheep that's for sure.
I’m sorry for your g-g-g grandfather. Abuse is horrible and ugly, no matter who does it. Thanks for sharing.

I’m sorry for your g-g-g grandfather. Abuse is horrible and ugly, no matter who does it. Thanks for sharing.

Truly the legacy of it continued to give until my generation even. Terrible stuff. I don't care which "religious" group is doing something even the ones I lean towards - this behaviour in these organizations is lacking integrity at best.

Directly interfering with a case like this is unconscionable.

The problem with this is that the LDS pride themselves in having no paid clergy at the local level (though higher up in the organization, many are provided with generous stipends). This muddies the waters, because many people within a ward hold some sort of volunteer "leadership" position. Lori herself was a Young Women's group leader at one point, IIRC, and Chad was formerly part of the bishopric, so they could both technically be considered church leaders. So it's unclear who exactly this does and does not apply to.
-MOO-
Although I deleted the post to which you responded with this, I’m glad you added this to the conversation. It’s most informative. Thank you.

Truly the legacy of it continued to give until my generation even. Terrible stuff. I don't care which "religious" group is doing something even the ones I lean towards - this behaviour in these organizations is lacking integrity at best.

Directly interfering with a case like this is unconscionable.

Regarding the letter written by LDS leaders:

What is R Woods, prosecuting attorney, supposed to do now? He is a Bishop in the LDS church. This is getting ugly.

https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1294097532239323136

[URL='https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets']Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

A new statement from the LDS Church does not directly respond to the accusations in Means' letter other than to reiterate: "The letter of August 4 serves as a routine reiteration of a long-standing policy and has nothing to do with any pending case."

FOX 13 News Utah
7:24 PM · Aug 13, 2020·Twitter Web App[/URL]

Ummm OK..sure.. but let's blast it out now during the Daybell case, just to be sure everyone knows where we stand. YEPPERS

Can we discuss this now? I will ask Sillybilly. Because it sounds to me, in reading this article, that the church wants to silence its members from testifying against Chad Daybell or Lori Daybell. That makes me sick and it is wrong. Why else put out his letter at this very time? The church knows this case is getting attention around the world. If folks in the community know something, they should be able to testify and/or answer a subpoena. This is something I questioned from the beginning. I hoped I was wrong. Now it is actually in writing. Sheesh!

The initial MSM that announced the letter also included the following response from a church spokesperson:

“A letter from the First Presidency, dated August 4, 2020, was sent to local lay leaders worldwide, reminding them of the Church’s long-standing policy of seeking advice from Church legal counsel before becoming involved in criminal or civil proceedings related to members of their congregation,” the statement reads. “This policy is intended to help leaders in their ministerial role to all those they serve, by not appearing to take sides in legal proceedings and to avoid implicating the Church in legal proceedings to which it is not a party. This policy is included in the General Handbook and similar notices have been sent in recent years to reinforce this policy.

According to the above, the instruction is not new and there are indications it was sent to all the churches, even in Canada. While the timing is of course interesting, it is a major case and they may have just taken the opportunity to remind their members to consult with LDS lawyers to ensure they have representation in the event they are subpoenaed.

Whatever the intent of the Handbook, IMO, I do not believe any religious freedom under the constitution would ever supercede law.

The initial MSM that announced the letter also included the following response from a church spokesperson:

“A letter from the First Presidency, dated August 4, 2020, was sent to local lay leaders worldwide, reminding them of the Church’s long-standing policy of seeking advice from Church legal counsel before becoming involved in criminal or civil proceedings related to members of their congregation,” the statement reads. “This policy is intended to help leaders in their ministerial role to all those they serve, by not appearing to take sides in legal proceedings and to avoid implicating the Church in legal proceedings to which it is not a party. This policy is included in the General Handbook and similar notices have been sent in recent years to reinforce this policy.

According to the above, the instruction is not new and there are indications it was sent to all the churches, even in Canada. While the timing is of course interesting, it is a major case and they may have just taken the opportunity to remind their members to consult with LDS lawyers to ensure they have representation in the event they are subpoenaed.

Whatever the intent of the Handbook, IMO, I do not believe any religious freedom under the constitution would ever supercede law.

Not "taking sides" in serial killing and dismembering children in case some of it is inconvenient to the LDS is in fact taking a side.

I genuinely don’t think the burning was for religious/ritualistic purposes. IMO these two spout religious ideology whenever it might benefit them, but I have serious doubts either is truly devout. I half-suspect both of them thought all of it, LDS and their own “visions”, was bunk. I wouldn’t put it past either of them to ritualistically burn Tylee or anyone else for that matter, but only to influence an audience of their followers. Unless there were witnesses, the burning was for practical purposes only.

JMO

Well, they certainly engaged in some 'spiritual practices', probably experimented with altered states, trance etc... I assume, and I state assume because I do not know, that they engaged with a belief system, either their own or something they discovered.
It is likely and possible that this involved a ritual or two.
I don't , for a moment think that this is beyond the realm of possibility that @Boxer mentioned.
Human sacrifice is as old as time.
There is no evidence suggesting they did not sacrifice these children to a deity of sorts..
We can ascribe, accurately, their human characteristics from their words and actions and their stories.
I think we need to start thinking about digging deeper into their actual beliefs.
They desecrated the Mormon religion, I believe.
But they took some ideas and teachings from it and it's likely and possible they received an education there.
Then a change happened, ego dominated spirit, left hand path.. question is which one?
What magical or occult beliefs and practices did they ascribe to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member