Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but she could have been there and asked Chad to do the whole thing and stood around and watched. I agree it was probably Alex, though RW was careful to say specifically that it only showed the phone was there, and not the person.
I just don't see her lifting Tylee's body, putting it in the car (where was Alex?), driving to Chad's place and then passively observe Chad doing all the rest. They had to work as quickly as possible, so two people were more useful than one. I see no reason why Alex would not be the second person.
Something else that just came to me...

The discrepancy between DW and MG testimony as whether Lori was there with the others looking at that lot close to Chad's property.

DW said they all came in separate cars. That Lori was there at first and then left. MG says she was never there at all.

So where was Lori? I said before that Alex would need to look at the grave of Tylee, but I wonder now if it was not Lori who wanted to go look.
I don't find the discrepancy too important. Lori might have left early with JJ or stayed in the car with him (there's no explanation of his whereabouts for that viewing trip). Maybe she drove past Chad's property, but surely didn't set foot in the backyard because Tammy was still alive.

Could be. But three flat, mostly featureless acres is a really small piece of highly visible property, open on two sides to regularly traveled roads and surrounded by fairly close neighbors. People are nosy. People have binoculars. Burning a body (which presumably smells like something cooking) without any kind of camouflage or concealment is asking for discovery. Why would he have planned such a task? He is accustomed to working out story arcs, even if bizarre ones, for his novels. Could he not see the plot hole in this tale? JMO

Maybe he's overly reliant on Deus ex machinae?

He may lack any insight where he cannot extrapolate consequences. Tammy appears to have been the person who made every whim he had work. He just decided and she made it real. Chad is the center of Chad's universe and other people are not as real as Chad.

Yeah I think it's possible he could be that stupid.

Nate Eaton - Reporter

A few updates on the Daybell case: - Today is Chad Daybell's 52nd birthday. Should someone on his list of approved visitors go see him, outside food and drink are not allowed to be brought into the jail. - Breakfast this morning was warmed up freezer breakfast meals. Lunch will be pot pies with a sandwich and piece of fruit. Supper is usually TV dinners. - Still no word on the status of Tammy Daybell's autopsy. As her death is part of an active investigation, it's unknown when or if results will be released. - Chad is scheduled to be arraigned next Friday, Aug. 21 where he will plead guilty or not guilty.

Oh, this just makes me want to throw up. Of all the people on the planet I could share a birthday with, I draw Chump Dumbbell? :eek::eek:

At least we had more festive food here. (Pizza! Ice cream! Brownies! Eat your heart out, Chad!) But still.

Now, returning to topic. It feels good to be back in the sleuthing conversation instead of perpetually catching up – although I confess I had to skip 5 threads to get here. I will miss Judge Eddins, but I'm glad pressures seem to be building on our doting couple – and particularly glad that charges seem to be pending in Charles' murder! I didn't think Arizona was going to get its act together, but apparently there is competent LE at the county level even if the local PD can't see through a too-merry widow.

Justice really can't come swiftly enough for these remorseless posers.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I mentioned yesterday how I was slightly concerned when CD seemed to nod in approval after DW gave his testimony at the prelim and Prior thanked him.

CD was showing DW land to buy, so (JMOO) CD wanted to keep DW close.

My other question is that, while we can't see DW talking with the group on Youtube, he seems to be able to hear them very well. Did his hearing decline that much in four years? It's possible, of course, but DW also placed LV at the vacant land and MG specifically said she did not go with them.

Just remembering the wrong thing? I'm getting a weird vibe here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only two realistic options for who could have done this; either the hired defense or the Daybell children. Whomever did this, chose to go the way of shady and disrespect to the memory of the children who were found buried on their property.

That cult was so strong, there may still be some CD supporters out there who think he's being unfairly targeted. At his prelim, I got a distinct impression Prior is going to throw Alex and Lori under the bus and act as though all of this happened without CD's knowledge. It would not be difficult for CD's close followers to want to believe that and some of them might have taken it down thinking it unfairly smeared CD, or perhaps that it painted a big red "X" on the ones living in the house now.

I think that is simply because the owner of the phone being in the same location as the device is an inference, so the agent is not making a statement beyond his own knowledge.

My experience on the McStay case is that it is easy to go down rabbit holes from the preliminary hearings which turn out to be irrelevant once the full evidence is presented.
Good advice, thanks!

I find it a bit strange that they're not both being allocated the same judge.

At some point I presumed the conspiracy cases would be consolidated and tried together. One judge would seem to me to be the way to start out.

I think we need to show kindness to Emma. She has some issues that make her nervous around people she doesn't know, and they were worried about people they don't know coming so close to the house. They do not have the money or resources to move. I understand there have also been threats, and people coming at all times of day and night, and they are trying to keep themselves and their family safe, Totally understandable. I think a memorial in Rexburg is a great idea, I don't think it really needs to be at Joseph and Emma's house. MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I mentioned yesterday how I was slightly concerned when CD seemed to nod in approval after DW gave his testimony at the prelim and Prior thanked him.

CD was showing DW land to buy, so (JMOO) CD wanted to keep DW close.

My other question is that, while we can't see DW talking with the group on Youtube, he seems to be able to hear them very well. Did his hearing decline that much in four years? It's possible, of course, but DW also placed LV at the vacant land and MG specifically said she did not go with them.

Just remembering the wrong thing? I'm getting a weird vibe here.
No matter the level of DW's hearing impediment, IMO it's despicable to exploit it in court for the purpose of confusing and intimidating a witness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it a bit strange that they're not both being allocated the same judge.

At some point I presumed the conspiracy cases would be consolidated and tried together. One judge would seem to me to be the way to start out.
I thought that was odd too. Maybe they are hoping that by using two separate judges there won’t be any bias? All jmo

I just don't see her lifting Tylee's body, putting it in the car (where was Alex?), driving to Chad's place and then passively observe Chad doing all the rest. They had to work as quickly as possible, so two people were more useful than one. I see no reason why Alex would not be the second person.

I don't find the discrepancy too important. Lori might have left early with JJ or stayed in the car with him (there's no explanation of his whereabouts for that viewing trip). Maybe she drove past Chad's property, but surely didn't set foot in the backyard because Tammy was still alive.
Isn't that great. Out real estate shopping with friends and your future new wife for the Apocolypse.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already. Part of the timeline:

The next morning — Nov. 27, 2019 — the Rexburg Police Department is asked to serve a search warrant at the request of Arizona authorities. A Madison County Sheriff’s dispatch log indicates a phone pinged at the 565 Pioneer Road townhomes at that moment. The log also indicated the call related to a missing 7-year-old, now known to be JJ, and “homicide” investigations in Arizona. When police arrived, they discovered the Daybells had “abruptly” left.

The timeline in the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News

Do we know who called Madison County SO dispatch from Lori's townhouse area on the morning of Nov 27 in relation to JJ AND an Arizona homicide case?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already. Part of the timeline:

The next morning — Nov. 27, 2019 — the Rexburg Police Department is asked to serve a search warrant at the request of Arizona authorities. A Madison County Sheriff’s dispatch log indicates a phone pinged at the 565 Pioneer Road townhomes at that moment. The log also indicated the call related to a missing 7-year-old, now known to be JJ, and “homicide” investigations in Arizona. When police arrived, they discovered the Daybells had “abruptly” left.

The timeline in the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News

Do we know who called Madison County SO dispatch from Lori's townhouse area on the morning of Nov 27 in relation to JJ AND an Arizona homicide case?
MP? IP? AC? An unnamed person who is involved we don’t know about? All jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members