Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what LE means by 'abruptly'. According to the evidence (I think Stubbs) all clothing was missing from the home. If you were fleeing, would you take all your clothes? I wouldn't leave mine behind (but then again, I wouldn't be able to fit them all in my car!). Seeing as Lori travelled light, why not leave clothing behind?
IIRC they didn't go directly to Hawaii. Lori went to California for a Thanksgiving vacation with Chad and his children (at least that's what she told MG).

IIRC they didn't go directly to Hawaii. Lori went to California for a Thanksgiving vacation with Chad and his children (at least that's what she told MG).
Chad and his children's trip to California is sourced in the timeline by a verified insider who saw posted pictures in SM. Lori was not in them, but she could have taken them. LE verified the Lori plus Chad trip to Hawaii with the airline.

And while they might have moved up their departure from the townhouses because of LE's arrival, the trip almost certainly would have been arranged long in advance, given that it occurred during the heaviest air travel weekend of the year. It's hard to believe that on such a weekend you could call up the night before and get six or so seats on flights from Idaho to California. JMO.

Could have been the neighbor who reported seeing Lori and Alex packing his truck.

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8
That neighbor didn't see anything suspicious in seeing Alex and Lori packing. According to the article he thought they were going on holiday. IMO he reported it only after the FBI came to his door the next morning.

I was confused by the wording in the timeline which (to me) implied that the call was about JJ and the Arizona investigation.

Something else from the article caught my eye: JJ told the same neighbor that both he and his sister were going to visit his grandma. I wonder if this was before or after Tylee's murder. Lori must have subsequently told JJ something else about her absence. I'm surprised he didn't share it with the neighbor.

Chad and his children's trip to California is sourced in the timeline by a verified insider who saw posted pictures in SM. Lori was not in them, but she could have taken them. LE verified the Lori plus Chad trip to Hawaii with the airline.

And while they might have moved up their departure from the townhouses because of LE's arrival, the trip almost certainly would have been arranged long in advance, given that it occurred during the heaviest air travel weekend of the year. It's hard to believe that on such a weekend you could call up the night before and get six or so seats on flights from Idaho to California. JMO.
Do we know whether they flew or drove to California? Where were Chad and Lori's cars found?

No matter the level of DW's hearing impediment, IMO it's despicable to exploit it in court for the purpose of confusing and intimidating a witness.
Totally agree. I had measles as a child, which left me with hearing loss that’s worsened as I got older. I find that people assume I’m a doddering old lady because of it. It’s frustrating and embarrassing!

This was mentioned the other day and I would typically agree. However, they may now have digital evidence making the botched investigation somewhat irrelevant. No clue if they actually do but just a thought
Oh I wish they had actual video footage. Who shoots a guy four times when it’s one man against another and Alex saw Charles down on the first shot. Alex didn’t want Charles to live through the murder and say what really happened.
I'm not convinved it was Alex that did the shooting.
Yeah, we are thinking the same thoughts. Just wish it could be proven. I do think Tylee knew. It makes me sad.

I wonder what that loud high-pitched sound was coming from when DW tried to use the headphones? That couldn't have felt good. I have heard hearing aids give off a sound like that. It's painful.

I think if it wasn't for the Plexiglas screen and Prior obviously jerking him around, DW would have been able to hear just fine. Prior's behavior here was disgusting.
Agreed. Judge Eddins had to tell Prior to move closer to the mic several times. There were many times Prior sat back in his chair, looking like a big shot and talking with his mouth a few feet from the mic. I wonder if he did it to purposely make both DW and MG look less than credible as witnesses as he grilled them both asking of they were hard of hearing. I wish Judge Eddins would have taken more control of that fiasco. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Prior is a d-bag.

So there were two calls to police despatch? The one from Gilbert police (before Sep 27) and the call from the Rexburg townhouse area on the morning of Sept 27?

Sept 27? I'm thinking Sept is a typo?

I am thinking "a call" on November 27th didn't refer to a phone call rather LE going on "a call". Jmo

The description could also be a run on idea. One ping, one phone, one call.

Sept 27? I'm thinking Sept is a typo?

I am thinking "a call" on November 27th didn't refer to a phone call rather LE going on "a call". Jmo

The description could also be a run on idea. One ping, one phone, one call.
Thanks for the correction. Yes, I meant November 27th.

Would a "ping" be entered into a dispatch log without a call being made? The ping was detected that morning.

Last edited:
Do we know whether they flew or drove to California? Where were Chad and Lori's cars found?
All we have is the verified insider's statement that Chad and his children were in photographs taken at the Salt Lake City airport and Knott's Berry Farm. I have not seen the photographs. I have no information on the disposition of the vehicles.

Thanks for the article, it was a good refresher on what the neighbor saw and knew about.
After reading that, it doesn't seem like he was terribly suspicious, probably even missed the police visits from the day before. Not him that made the call, IMO.
Who else then?

You're probably right. There were, however, people who took pictures of JJ through their window blinds and (possibly others, possibly the same person) who kept the Ring camera photos of him, so there was at least one neighbor in the courtyard who was curious and/or concerned about what was going on in those condos. And I don't know about other people, but if I dropped a dime on one of my neighbors I wouldn't be bragging about it to the media :-)

The moment that always struck me in this text is "...I spotted a big raccoon along the fence." What's the deal with the fence? I always thought that was a Freudian slip and he accidentally signalled that something transpired "by the fence." I also wondered if this is where the dogs hit on in the property search that the ERTs decided not to pursue, because they couldn't find anything when they did tests (exploratory trenches, or whatever).

I posted a couple of pages back, about my thoughts on the hole dug by the fence/pond, how, in my opinion, it had been initially done for TR, but on the day when AC turned up, it was found to be not big enough. I wonder if they re-covered the hole there with the boards/sod and kept it for what they knew would transpire at a later date (for JJ). Chad could use the excuse that the 'racoon' had caused the disturbance to the ground, if anyone happened to notice? All JMO

It would be amusing how all these "prophets" with "visions" take one common theme and develop it, competing in who "sees" more, with women behind their "visionary" backs who battle each other with scriptures, if those fantasies remained just fantasies and did not lead to people losing their minds, marriages and lives :(
Behind that Christian love that everyone in this group displays as a facade lies egocentric need to lead, preach, and be considered better than others.
I think LV and CD underestimated MG's and DW's ambitions :cool:

It would also be interesting to know the timeline as to who was dating a prophet first. Very exclusive club I would think. I wonder if this isn't something that Prior was aiming at, too, as to who was responsible for bringing Lori into this circle of people and beliefs.

Thanks for the correction. Yes, I meant November 27th.

Would a "ping" be entered into a dispatch log without a call being made? The ping was detected that morning.

A "ping" is when LE requests the location data of a phone and traces its location. So we don't know whose phone they "pinged" but that phone was at the townhome that morning. There wasn't a phone call made from a phone to LE from there. MOO

A "ping" is when LE requests the location data of a phone and traces its location. So we don't know whose phone they "pinged" but that phone was at the townhome that morning. There wasn't a phone call made from a phone to LE from there. MOO
OK, so the ping info would be found in despatch records. Instead of asking which neighbor called police the question is whose phone was pinged. Would Alex and Lori be gone by then or did the police just miss them? Did anyone leave a phone behind (Lori had several phones and MG called Chad to speak to her). Were BMP and IP part of the investigation by then? Maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc