Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch Tuesday

Reaction score
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

I believe this is going to be a more complicated case than it looks on the surface. The children's mother (Lori Wallows) recently married a man (Chad Daybell) a few weeks after his wife died. It was presumed the late wife had died of natural causes but was exhumed recently and her death is now being investigated.
The new wife's husband was shot in a family argument earlier this year:

Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight

The husband and wife are not cooperating with police and have since vanished.

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS* NO DISCUSSION #2

ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 - TIMELINE ONLY *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61
Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64

Attachments

• joshua-tylee.jpg
    joshua-tylee.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OFF TOPIC BUT IMPORTANT

There seems to be some confusion and concerns being expressed about Timeline posts not being linked in the Opening Posts.

Mods, Admins, Coordinators ... we've all had discussion about this over the last year and we just don't know why or when members started requesting WS staff to make all these additions and changes to the Opening Posts of new threads. We are a very limited staff and this is something members have historically done on their own that doesn't create any extra work for WS staff.

It is a very simple system that was set up years ago and has worked well in the past. We don't need to duplicate effort or reinvent the wheel here.

In each forum, i.e. "Located Persons Discussion", members will see at the top of the page, a sub forum called for example "Located Timeline and Media Links"

As you can see, any member can start an appropriately titled new timeline thread within such a forum and make or copy their Timeline posts and all subsequent revisions or updates into that thread. It can be titled something like Vallow & Daybell Media, Maps & Timeline (or just Vallow & Daybell Timeline thread if they want to keep it separate and apart from Media and Maps). If the thread gets titled Media, Maps and Timelines, all members have to do is use the search feature within that thread for the word Timeline. That's what these features are for.

When a member has created the Timeline thread, WS staff link it ONCE in the Opening Post and it never has to be changed again, regardless of whether it's 1 or 100 new discussion threads for any given case.

If there is any question about the above, please contact any Mod or Admin and we'll be glad to clarify.

If nobody else is going to do it for this case, when one of us gets time (not sure when that will be), we will set up the timeline thread for you in this case and copy all of Gardener1850's timeline posts into it. We will update the link in the Opening Post and it will never have to change after that.

Truly hope this clarifies.

Hey everyone,

Mommacass has now been verified as a family member. We'll leave it to mommacass if they wish to share how they factor into the family relationships in this case.

As a verified member, mommacass does not have to provide links to the information they provide. You may ask mommacass questions but it is up to them whether they answer or not.

Please be respectful to them at all times and do not argue with them or badger them for information.

MOD NOTE
Regarding the discussion about using INITIALS instead of FULL names on the case threads….

1. Websleths’ policy is to encourage members to use INITIALS for case players who are NOT the victim(s), the suspect(s), or the POI(s). Family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers etc. who have the terrible misfortune of being somehow involved in a tragic case DO NOT need to be able to find their full names on Websleuths in addition to the very difficult situation they find themselves in through no fault of their own. THIS is why we use initials.

2. Asking questions and/or complaining about any Websleuths’ policy on the public threads is considered off-topic and a violation of TOS. If you have a question or comment about what happens in a thread, please send it in a Report or a PM to a moderator. Talking about such things on the thread veers the conversation away from the victim.

3. Posts that have gone off topic into the discussion about using initials are being removed. If you have any further questions about initials or other logistical concerns about Websleuths policy, please ask us in PMs or Reports. We are happy to help.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Friday, March 11th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 11am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & arraigned (5/26/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M.
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Grand Jury convened from May 17 to May 20 re JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan & Tammy Daybell. Indicted on 5/25/21 (see above).
Vallow was found incompetent to stand trial on 5/27/21. Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21.

Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/2/22 reference post #945 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

3/4/22: Competency Reports Sealed: Judge Steven Boyce signs order sealing Dept. of Health competency reports regarding Vallow. The reports from two doctors have been submitted to the Court. Vallow remains unfit (on 12/29/21) for trial & incompetent with her case still on hold. 180 days will be next status hearing. Remote hearing on 3/9/22 & motions hearing on 3/11/22.
3/9/22 Update: No info yet. Next motions hearing on 3/11/22. Hearing will be closed to the public.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) – Motions hearing on 3/18/22 & 3/23/22. Pretrial hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23.

*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. Maricopa County

Thanks for the fresh thread @Tiff23fr! I am so hopeful for today that she has been found competent! I am hoping that the 2 previous psych reports that came a couple of weeks ago suggested further testing (or a med change) and those results have come back into the court. Anyone know of the time of today's hearing? There may be news released soon afterward.

Thanks for the fresh thread @Tiff23fr! I am so hopeful for today that she has been found competent! I am hoping that the 2 previous psych reports that came a couple of weeks ago suggested further testing (or a med change) and those results have come back into the court. Anyone know of the time of today's hearing? There may be news released soon afterward.

According to @Niner above, the hearing was scheduled for 11 am MT. So, it might be going on as we speak? Hopefully we will hear something soon

I can’t recall if I saw these Orders last night but anyways, Judge appears to have already filed the Order to Seal the records from today’s hearing

Attachments

• 4CFBD494-8F5A-48BB-8710-FECD2E0ADD41.jpeg
    4CFBD494-8F5A-48BB-8710-FECD2E0ADD41.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
If we're lucky we might be able to get a hint next week as to the lay of the land so to speak. If she's competent would she be returned to her 'old home'?

I would suspect that she would be returned to the women’s detention center and that we’d see some sort of update on the data from VineLink indicating a change in her custody status. Either that or we would see another hearing scheduled and show up on the court docket/calendar, presumably her arraignment if she’s been deemed competent now. I’m leaning more towards she’s still been deemed incompetent right now though, if I had to pick one over the other.

Something I’ve said and believed for awhile now is that I think it’s unlikely she’d be able to really fool the professionals evaluating and treating her for such an extended period of time now. The longer it’s been the more I’ve believed that her competency had and did really deteriorate. She was in jail, had lost all her freedom, unable to talk to Chad directly (maybe indirectly through the attorneys) but suddenly had no Chad, no family support, all alone in jail. Similar circumstances can really affect someone’s mental health & I think it’s really possible she deteriorated (and was deemed incompetent from that deterioration). Life as she knew it was all gone, I can imagine what that would do to an “everyday” person let alone somehow who already believed some really fringe religious and nonsensical things.
I’m sure she will be restored, I don’t think she would’ve been able to fake it for this long, and I hope we see her deemed competent soon so that this case can proceed towards justice for the lives lost and all the lives affected by her and Chad.

IMHO she is mentally ill and will stay so permanently in the psychiatrists’opinions because of her wacky religious beliefs. I don’t think she’s crazy. I think she is a bit dumb and seriously believes all of Chad’s BS about her being a Goddess etc. Those beliefs are so wacky the docs consider them delusions . I’ve known people who believe in crazy religions and are otherwise perfectly sane.

Last edited:
I trust the seasoned professionals treating her that she has been detained for a reason (either harm to self, harm to others or so gravely ill she is unable to care for herself without supervision). If she is playing games the professionals have seen a myriad of antics and have consultation with supervisors and peers to ensure the treatment is appropriate. Furthermore, the millieu (structure, schedule, rules, routine, etc.) lends for little wiggle room to triangulate (pit one staff against the other) as attempted manipulation is anticipated and remedies are already incorporated the whole treatment plan. I think she may have been oppositional defiant and refused to cooperate which has delayed her improvement. JMO

Tonight ABC had a special with Diane Sawyer about the "Heaven's Gate"cult, where 39 people helped each other to die; believing that UFOs would take them to heaven, in 1997.

The show detailed how intelligent and good-hearted the cult members were. And yet, they gave up their individuality and free will for what to most of us are unthinkable beliefs.

I couldn't help but think how easy it is for some people to get sucked into this kind of thing. An expert said that there are more cults today than ever. Not that Vallow/Daybell is a cult, but their beliefs remind me of the Heaven's Gate.

IMHO she is mentally ill and will stay so permanently in the psychiatrists’opinions because of her wacky religious beliefs. I don’t think she’s crazy. I think she is a bit dumb and seriously believes all of Chad’s BS about her being a Goddess etc. Those beliefs are so wacky the docs consider them delusions . I’ve known people who believe in crazy religions and are otherwise perfectly sane.
The question is, can she get better without deprogramming?

The question is, can she get better without deprogramming?
No I don’t think so. Because she’s not crazy, imho, instead, her belief system is faulty. Her opinions and values. Her faith.Her common sense and wisdom. I don’t think anyone could deprogram me on my religion, Catholic. So I doubt psychiatric treatment will help. She’s not having delusions. She’s sort of dumb and gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave