Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori and Joseph Ryan were divorced for a long time before she met Chad. She was however married to husband #4, Charles, when she met Chad. Per Charles' sister, Charles suspected Lori and Chad were having an affair.
Not sure who had visions of Tammy's death first, but as far as I can tell, JR is claiming both she and Chad had these visions for years.
Did Lori know Charles Vallow before she divorced Joseph Ryan ?........moo

Did Lori and family attend church while they lived in Rexburgh? Or in Az?
Doing these PAP conferences and podcasts one would think the company hosting these would check out all their speakers. Has anyone attended one of these, like the one in Mesa that Chad spoke at? How many people attend ? Thousands? 10's of thousands?

Are there any leadership roles for the females in the “church” besides relief society?

Not sure if answering this is going to turn into a problem, but the short answer is it depends on what is "leadership." As a rule the vast majority of leadership positions and those at the highest level are only filled by those who are "priesthood holders" and those are only men.

Not sure if answering this is going to turn into a problem, but the short answer is it depends on what is "leadership." As a rule the vast majority of leadership positions and those at the highest level are only filled by those who are "priesthood holders" and those are only men.

Not unlike the Catholic church, or many other Christian faiths.

I remember asking about "bishops" in an earlier thread and thought the answer was that they didn't exist in the LDS church. I may have misunderstood but I have now heard bishop several times, as in Chad didn't advise his bishop of Tammy's death. Who and how many bishops are in his ward? Is that info searchable?

I found a link in wiki and there is a website.

Rexburg Idaho Temple - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I remember asking about "bishops" in an earlier thread and thought the answer was that they didn't exist in the LDS church. I may have misunderstood but I have now heard bishop several times, as in Chad didn't advise his bishop of Tammy's death. Who and how many bishops are in his ward? Is that info searchable?

I found a link in wiki and there is a website.

Rexburg Idaho Temple - Wikipedia

A bishop in the Mormon church is the congregation leader (roughly like a pastor or priest, I think). This is a little tricky because bishop is both a title/level of the priesthood and a position. Anyone who has served as the congregation leader has the title, so there might be more than one in a ward (congregation) who meet that criteria. But the position of ward leader would be one man at a time. For the purposes of your question, there is only one since everything in your question would only apply to the current ward leader.

Another good one is the Oklahoma City Bombing...(American Experience PBS) It's on Netflix. Although it isn't about cults per se, it traces the background of the Aryan Nations church in Idaho that sparked Ruby Ridge, then Waco and then Timothy McVeigh's obsession with the whole thing.

I really liked the series Wild Wild Country, about Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in Oregon. It was riveting.

ETA: There are also numerous documentaries online about Jim Jones. One is a docu-movie called Jonestown: Paradise Lost. Available for free on Tubi-TV
Great tip! I happened to have been traveling the 97 highway between California and Washington in eastern Oregon going by Rajneesh compound occasionally, and once saw one of his Rolls-Royce . I think he had something like two dozen rolls Royces donated by followers. Compound mentioned in Montana with the doomsday Bunker around 7000 acres out in Montana had 20 million or perhaps that’s what they spent on it, people have way too much money for being whacked.

Anyway Rajneesh and the Montana poobah lady are dead RIP

Protestant faith has female clergy.

Also true. I don't know what the percentages might be in those denominations that allow it, but (since it fits this discussion geographically) I happen to know that the pastor at the Methodist church in Idaho Falls is female.

As I stated before, the discussion of the LDS church really has no relevance to finding these kids. Lori and Chad Daybell are as LDS as Wanda Barzee and David Mitchell.

There are plenty of areas on the web, that discuss the LDS church. Or, for more information, place a request for an LDS missionary team to come to your home for an in depth, personal lesson. :p

He did tell her to visit her parents, which she did.

Edit: I'll add that seeing parents and seeing a doctor are not the same. I'm so very worried that if her autopsy comes back clean that it will embolden those who view him as a prophet figure.
He may have given her that advice knowing her end, not because of a premonition.

As I stated before, the discussion of the LDS church really has no relevance to finding these kids. Lori and Chad Daybell are as LDS as Wanda Barzee and David Mitchell.

There are plenty of areas on the web, that discuss the LDS church. Or, for more information, place a request for an LDS missionary team to come to your home for an in depth, personal lesson. :p

That last part is evil. :)

The mods are allowing it.

Very kind of you but no thanks. Might get Chad and Lori show up.
:-(

( I wouldn't even accept those cookies on the website. )

Last edited:
Also true. I don't know what the percentages might be in those denominations that allow it, but (since it fits this discussion geographically) I happen to know that the pastor at the Methodist church in Idaho Falls is female.

Here's a link to wiki about female clergy.

Ordination of women - Wikipedia

ETA TY for clarifying bishop = ward leader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member