Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this:

Embalming is rarely required by law. In fact, the Federal Trade Commission and many state regulators require that funeral directors inform consumers that embalming is not required except in certain special cases. Embalming is mandated when a body crosses state lines from Alabama and Alaska. Five other states—California, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota and New Jersey—require embalming when the body leaves those states by common carrier (airplane or train).

Embalming: What You Should Know - Funeral Consumers Alliance
So if you poison someone in ID and want to destroy evidence by embalming them, just bury them in Utah. By law they’ll be embalmed and problem solved.

So if you poison someone in ID and want to destroy evidence by embalming them, just bury him hem in Utah. By law they’ll be embalmed and problem solved.

Well, I suppose it could be avoided if transported by hearse.

I've searched all over and can't find what I'm looking for--does anybody else remember an article that had a quote fro one of the Rexburg area LE saying them that Arizona LE contacted the Idaho people about looking into Tammy's death? Or am I being more random and scrambled than usual?

I've searched all over and can't find what I'm looking for--does anybody else remember an article that had a quote fro one of the Rexburg area LE saying them that Arizona LE contacted the Idaho people about looking into Tammy's death? Or am I being more random and scrambled than usual?
Sheriff said that he was contacted by Arizona a few days after Tammy's death that maybe they need to take a further look at her death (it's on youtube). But what was done with that information? Nothing for while. Burial wasn't stopped, autopsy wasn't done, and now we likely wait in vain that autopsy will prove something.

Last edited:
You are so wrong. Who cares that she married Chad. People care about the children.
I actually think that Chad's unreasonably quick marriage to Lori Vallow did bring suspicion on him, and I think to admit this doesn't mean we don't care about the children. Just think. If Chad hadn't married her, then he wouldn't have been legally bound to Lori when the welfare check was made Nov. 26th. Even if he'd been at the house when the police came by, he could have claimed to be just a concerned family friend. If he hadn't remarried in a heartbeat, I wonder if the exhumation of Tammy's body would have been ordered, Dec. 11th--after the remarriage, after the police found out the children were missing and after they found out JJ's father had been killed by Lori's brother. If Chad had still been a widower, and not married to Lori, he could have pretended to be nothing more than a friend who was consoling a friend who'd lost her husband. Most of the suspicion rests on Lori, and Chad only came into it because he remarried her just a couple weeks after his wife's untimely death. MOO

You are not random or scrambled at all, Carbuff! :p:)
Copying a few sources from the media thread (BBM):

EastIdahoNews.com asked Humphries if Chad Daybell was acting unusual or suspicious when deputies were at the home.

“To my knowledge, he was responding like anybody would whose spouse had just passed away. That’s why the deputies didn’t suspect anything suspicious,” Humphries said.

A few days later, Humphries said his office was alerted by detectives in Arizona about the other deaths. Tammy’s body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetary and an autopsy was performed. Investigators are waiting for autopsy lab results, which could take a few more weeks.

One question that has been raised is whether Tammy Daybell had a large life insurance policy. Humphries said he could not comment on that issue but confirmed it is being investigated.

“There is some information along those lines that I’m not at liberty to speak about right now,” he said.

Read more: Sheriff details what happened when deputies responded to Tammy Daybell's death as Lori Daybell's son makes a passionate plea | East Idaho News

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Jan 2020

Fremont Sheriff's Department is heading up the investigation into Tammy Daybell's death after she died at her home in Salem, Idaho, 15 minutes — and across the county line — from the apartment in Rexburg where the children were last known to be living.

[...]

Humphries revealed that police in Arizona alerted his department that things may not be as they seemed. In his 12 years as sheriff, he said he had never had any contact with Chad Daybell.

'Then about 10 days prior to her death we got a call that a guy in a mask was firing paintballs at their house. By the time we responded of course there was no one there. The feeling was it was all a prank.'

Police suspect Idaho cult leader's first wife was POISONED | Daily Mail Online

-----------------------

Sheriff's Raw Interview Video:

I bet that JJ's grandparents were the key to connecting AZ police to ID police, or ID police to AZ, which then lead to another look at Tammy's death.

If it had not been for the Grandparents following up to speak with JJ, and the welfare check on JJ, Tammy's death would have never been reviewed. My heart goes out to those Grandparents, they lost their son, Charles, and now they want to stay in contact with JJ.

It would be interesting to know what Lori's parents think about all of this...were they close to Tylee? Didn't they find it odd to not talk to her? For months?

I'm not sure how I missed this earlier, but in this article, the search warrant for Tammy and Chad's home was ISSUED by Arizona and then executed by FBI and the Rexburg police. Am I reading this correctly??

Idaho man's home searched for wife's death, missing stepkids with possible Arizona ties

Sheriff said that he was contacted by Arizona a few days after Tammy's death that maybe it's not what it seems (it's on youtube). But what was done with that information? Nothing for while. Burial wasn't stopped, autopsy wasn't done, and now we likely wait in vain that autopsy will prove something.
But who tipped off the Arizona LE and told them that Chad Daybell's wife had died and that it should be looked into? That's a bombshell if true, because Chad and Lori's relationship wasn't known publicly a few days after his wife's death, they married two or three weeks after her death. If that's true, it means that someone must have known Chad and Lori were involved and they believed someone might have killed her. Also, the burial was THREE days after her death (this is incredible to me, it's hard to get all the stuff done for a funeral, viewing, memorial service in three days) so no surprise that if the tip didn't come for a few days, she was already buried. I'm very curious who would have tipped off the Arizona PD.

I'm not sure how I missed this earlier, but in this article, the search warrant for Tammy and Chad's home was ISSUED by Arizona and then executed by FBI and the Rexburg police. Am I reading this correctly??

Idaho man's home searched for wife's death, missing stepkids with possible Arizona ties

Yes, I'm reading it the same way.

There's more going on in Arizona that we know about. This is the part I was looking for. Deaths, plural, in Arizona, while Alex was still alive. (Red by me) And this doesn't appear to be connected to JJ, either.

“To my knowledge, he was responding like anybody would whose spouse had just passed away. That’s why the deputies didn’t suspect anything suspicious,” Humphries said.

A few days later, Humphries said his office was alerted by detectives in Arizona about the other deaths. Tammy’s body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetary and an autopsy was performed. Investigators are waiting for autopsy lab results, which could take a few more weeks.

But who tipped off the Arizona LE and told them that Chad Daybell's wife had died and that it should be looked into? That's a bombshell if true, because Chad and Lori's relationship wasn't known publicly a few days after his wife's death, they married two or three weeks after her death. If that's true, it means that someone must have known Chad and Lori were involved and they believed someone might have killed her. Also, the burial was THREE days after her death (this is incredible to me, it's hard to get all the stuff done for a funeral, viewing, memorial service in three days) so no surprise that if the tip didn't come for a few days, she was already buried. I'm very curious who would have tipped off the Arizona PD.
My guess it were detectives investigating attempted murder of Brandon B. Brandon apparently believed Melani changed after hanging out with Lori. He could have also known about Chad and Lori.

Brandon, maybe?? Would be my best guess as to who knew most all parties involved.

It doesn't say that at all. It says that this investigation "could have ties" to those in AZ, but makes it pretty clear the warrant was primarily investigating Tammy's death and also is "connected" to the missing kids.

Where do we get the info that Chad wanted out of the writing business but TD wanted to stay in? Did this info come from Chad?

Unless I read that TD herself said it, I think Chad was trying to make TD sound like the bad person, wanting Chad to keep doing something he didn’t want to do.

I still don’t get why that’s a big deal or a major conflict though. Any couples who go into business together would be making these kinds of decisions, and others, like moving to Rexberg, and it doesn’t lead to murder!

Yes, I'm reading it the same way.

There's more going on in Arizona that we know about. This is the part I was looking for. Deaths, plural, in Arizona, while Alex was still alive. (Red by me) And this doesn't appear to be connected to JJ, either.

I am **assuming** deaths in AZ referred to = 1) Charles and 2) Alex

I bet that JJ's grandparents were the key to connecting AZ police to ID police, or ID police to AZ, which then lead to another look at Tammy's death.

If it had not been for the Grandparents following up to speak with JJ, and the welfare check on JJ, Tammy's death would have never been reviewed. My heart goes out to those Grandparents, they lost their son, Charles, and now they want to stay in contact with JJ.

It would be interesting to know what Lori's parents think about all of this...were they close to Tylee? Didn't they find it odd to not talk to her? For months?
Have we even heard from Lori's parents? Have they ever said that they were not in contact with JJ or Tylee? I've never heard anything from them to know one way or the other. As far as I've seen they aren't offering any information.
I've assumed that the Vallow grandparents request for a welfare check is what started the ball rolling. That would have started in Arizona, since the grandparents hadn't heard from JJ since August and he was living in Arizona at the time. Arizona LE would have traced the family to Idaho and requested the check. That was carried out Nov. 26th. And Chad was at the apt. when they showed up, as Lori's new husband, so that was how he ended up being looked into, at least that is my guess--because the two take off and disappear when LE return the next day. Then LE looking for the children, find that Chad's wife had died just a couple of weeks earlier. But, now I see this claim that the tip to look into Tammy's death came 'just a few days after her death' to the Arizona LE? Who could have known that, except for family or friends of Chad? I don't believe his family even knew her so this would be very surprising and throws more complexity to this saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem