Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tylee's aunt says no. The woman's story has been checked out (and disregarded)
Can you post the details of that? Was that before this Az video interview?

Also I believe that Tylee's aunt has not seen her for two years.

I don't think Chad said that because then that would be JJ's last sighting instead of 23rd Sept. That's the whole point I think.
Well, it is posted in a previously posted article that CD did in fact say this, shortly after denying knowing LVD's phone number (ETA: about 1/3 of the way down page in this link, just below the pic of CD: New documents detail mother's connection to missing Idaho children )
And in terms of that being considered a sighting, I doubt LE thinks of CD as a credible and unbiased witness. Hence, the reason they can only go on facts with proof of his last sighting, which was 9/23/19, at school.

Last edited:
@LHS , if you wouldn't mind sharing since you know two people who published through Chad, at what sounds like his insistence. Are the two people you know either connected to people who would be beneficial to Chad? Or do they have money he was trying to get out of them? Basically what I'm asking is, between the two people Chad convinced to write a book, what do you think his motivation was?

At the very least, he knew about the existence of the children when the Rexburg PD showed up to do the welfare check on them on November 26. You know, that one day day when he acted as if the beach wedding pictures of the two of them from three weeks earlier had been some kind of modeling gig. That day when he "barely knew" his wife.

He's going to need some seriously good luck to convince anyone that he never once, in the three months since that day, felt the need to inquire a little bit into when her 7 year-old boy with autism (the one living...somehwere? with....someone? and without any of his usual supports) was going to be reunited with his mother? He was satisfied that JJ was "just fine."

That's gonna be a tough sale.

Agreed - but in any potential criminal trial with BARD standard, he might be able to advance a defence that by the time he found out they existed, they were long since missing.

In any event, there is no way he should testify at LVs trial, which would expose him to X on the stand.

Not least because his interactions with LE are highly problematic.

Did you read the whole statement? I am surprised that the babysitter even wanted to come back. I couldn't copy it but it is linked in the article.

I have to believe she wanted to come back because she saw JJ's needs (both behavioral and emotional) within the context of his basic goodness, and that she believed her abilities and his needs were a match. There are so many good people in this world who do caregiving for people whose needs are really really challenging, and I wanna give her props for having a good heart and for maybe thinking she had the ability to be a positive influence. We've seen how much JJ is loved by his grandparents, they've shared videos of their interactions with them, and it's totally obvious what a stabilizing force on his behavior that love can create. I hope the sitter was happy to have work, and felt that she was the right person for the job.

EDIT: Just wanna add that, I'm much older than the caregiver probably was, so maybe this isn't within her motivations. But for me, I know that, at any moment, I could have an event that causes me to be someone who needs caregiving. I might even end up being difficult to care for. So thinking about that....I have to hope there will be, in that moment, people with good hearts willing to care for me. And really, it could be any of us at any time.....

Last edited:
I just keep getting the feeling Lori lies to Chad like she does to everyone else... He didn't really get to know her either but it seems he is getting caught up. He must be disgusted if not in on all of it. I predict a break in their relationship at some point, but he has Tammy hanging over his head so that might keep him clammed up.

I have to believe she wanted to come back because she saw JJ's needs (both behavioral and emotional) within the context of his basic goodness, and that she believed her abilities and his needs were a match. There are so many good people in this world who do caregiving for people whose needs are really really challenging, and I wanna give her props for having a good heart and for maybe thinking she had the ability to be a positive influence. We've seen how much JJ is loved by his grandparents, they've shared videos of their interactions with them, and it's totally obvious what a stabilizing force on his behavior that love can create. I hope the sitter was happy to have work, and felt that she was the right person for the job.
I'm not sure. Nanny locked Jj in till he ate his food and wouldn't let him out to play again till she felt he had eaten enough and JJ said he hated her and would tell his mum not to have her back again. Then Jj ran off and hid under Lori's bed yelling and screaming and she left him there. Then when she went to check on him, he got out from under the bed and knocked the mirror off the wall. It sounded disastrous to me.

Sure, I am new to WS but not unfamiliar with certain aspects of this case. It is complex and the reasons I was drawn to elements of the case are similar to why others were drawn to follow this story. For me personally and professionally, several reasons come to mind: my previous experience working in journalism (specifically investigative journalism i.e., Nate Eaton and staff, Justin Lum and staff), my personal experience as a member of the LDS church (though not an active, current member), and I have raised children of my own. Again, my opinion only.

Not our POI but a byproduct of the major players, Tylee was not legally an adult, but, based on what we have all learned publicly at this point, she lived in a dysfunctional family environment. Even before her stepfather was killed, we have publicly available evidence that her biological mother could be considered mentally unstable, based in part on court documents provided to media. We have also learned that Tylee Ryan’s biological father, Joseph Ryan, died, allegedly from a heart attack in the first quarter of 2018. Just based on that information, Tylee Ryan has only half (50%) support system, based on the role that her biological parents played in her life.

From court records, we can also learn that there was a contentious court battle fought for Tylee for custody between LV and JR. It is documented and, it is my opinion, that the reason JR fought hard for custody was because he had been raised as a foster child, as was his sister, Ann(a) or Ann(e)? Cushing(?)

Well, if you look, not only the court records with CV and JR but a long history. But, looking out for the minor kids, I think it possible that Tylee was placed into a position of acting in a more adult role. MOO

I wouldn't know where to look for a link. I can only say I do not follow SM in this case. But another clue to Lori's parenting is that CV's ex-wife said the situation at Lori's home was so odd, that a judge ordered cameras to be installed inside the home for observation.

I will be permanently indebted to the person who can post a link.

I just keep getting the feeling Lori lies to Chad like she does to everyone else... He didn't really get to know her either but it seems he is getting caught up. He must be disgusted if not in on all of it. I predict a break in their relationship at some point, but he has Tammy hanging over his head so that might keep him clammed up.

I would think that it would be very dangerous for CD to show even a hint of betrayal to LV at this point. If she is as spiteful as she is being portrayed, she will do her best to pull him down with her. But he might be arrogant enough to try it! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know where to look for a link. I can only say I do not follow SM in this case. But another clue to Lori's parenting is that CV's ex-wife said the situation at Lori's home was so odd, that a judge ordered cameras to be installed inside the home for observation.

I will be permanently indebted to the person who can post a link.
Here you go. Read under the section about Lori:
Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News

Well, it is posted in a previously posted article that CD did in fact say this, shortly after denying knowing LVD's phone number (ETA: about 1/3 of the way down page in this link, just below the pic of CD: New documents detail mother's connection to missing Idaho children )
And in terms of that being considered a sighting, I doubt LE thinks of CD as a credible and unbiased witness. Hence, the reason they can only go on facts with proof of his last sighting, which was 9/23/19, at school.
Sorry but you are right he is reported to have said he saw Jj in October. I have copy pasted it below. Very strange they don't believe him, yet he had just lied to them about knowing Lori well or having her phone number, despite being married to her .

"According to the probable cause statement, they were met by Daybell, who acted like he "didn't know Lori very well and stated he didn't know her phone number." Cox, who was also there, said JJ was with his grandma in Louisiana. The detectives knew this was false information because Woodcock was the person who called for the welfare check. Cox then led the detectives to an empty apartment, No. 107, saying his sister might be there.

Law enforcement stopped Daybell again, asking if he'd seen JJ. He replied that the last time he saw JJ was in October. Daybell then admitted to knowing Vallow Daybell and gave her phone number to the detectives."

I wonder when was the last time he saw Tylee?

I'm not sure. Nanny locked Jj in till he ate his food and wouldn't let him out to play again till she felt he had eaten enough and JJ said he hated her and would tell his mum not to have her back again. Then Jj ran off and hid under Lori's bed yelling and screaming and she left him there. Then when she went to check on him, he got out from under the bed and knocked the mirror off the wall. It sounded disastrous to me.
Oh, I hadn't heard that. Perhaps the sitter thought this was normal behavior for a 7 year old? Yeah, there can be tests to sitters, see how far they can stretch it. The sitter probably felt she had him reigned in. If you keep changing sitters, the kids go through the same routine of dominance each time?

Sorry but you are right he is reported to have said he saw Jj in October. I have copy pasted it below. Very strange they don't believe him, yet he had just lied to them about knowing Lori well or having her phone number, despite being married to her .

"According to the probable cause statement, they were met by Daybell, who acted like he "didn't know Lori very well and stated he didn't know her phone number." Cox, who was also there, said JJ was with his grandma in Louisiana. The detectives knew this was false information because Woodcock was the person who called for the welfare check. Cox then led the detectives to an empty apartment, No. 107, saying his sister might be there.

Law enforcement stopped Daybell again, asking if he'd seen JJ. He replied that the last time he saw JJ was in October. Daybell then admitted to knowing Vallow Daybell and gave her phone number to the detectives."

I wonder when was the last time he saw Tylee?
Yeah, Chad's a liar. Lie, lie lie. And worse, evidently.

Nanny didn't see Tylee. Not sure why Lori would get nanny instead of Tylee (if Tylee wanted to be paid for babysitting), because nanny also wanted to be paid.
"“Her daughter also lives in Rexburg and is going to college,” the nanny remembered, of what Lori told her. “She said her daughter doesn’t like to babysit JJ without being paid so she wanted me to work for her. Occasionally her daughter would come visit for dinner or to do laundry, but she never said that she lived there with them. It appeared that only Lori and JJ lived there, from the look of things and from what she told me.”"
Missing Idaho kid's nanny recounts experience with Lori Vallow days before disappearance

I am going under the assumption that Alex and Lori picked up MG from the airport on September 19.
According to this - MG and Lori only recorded 2 podcasts in September 2019:
September 7 (Saturday)
September 16 (Monday - this one with Chad)
Why was MG in Rexburg on Thursday 9/19?
We know there was a Group that cannot be named conference in Rexburg on the 21st - but Chad didn’t speak at it. Did they all just attend it? Did Tammy attend it?
Who watched JJ for Lori on 9/16? Was he in school?
Also, it seems odd to me that the group that cannot be mentioned doesn’t have Melanie, Chad or Lori ever doing Podcasts together again after 9/16. There are no podcasts by anyone in October and just 1 in November on the 29th.
https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com...watermarked-jjs-nanny-statement-to-police.pdf

I would think that it would be very dangerous for CD to show even a hint of betrayal to LV at this point. If she is as spiteful as she is being portrayed, she will do her best to pull him down with her. But he might be arrogant enough to try it! :rolleyes:
Lori expects Chad to bail her out, no doubt. "Find a way!" I bet their first conversation is going to be heated.

IMO, If someone wants to discuss this, they can. We constantly go over the same theories. That's WS. If you want to try to control the content the best thing to do is hit the report button. Jmo
I was giving her information that she didn't have. Why would I report her?

See that's also the part I don't understand in this. The reason for getting rid of the dog. Maybe she really was ignorant about laws that allow service dogs? Maybe she didn't want to keep caring for the dog? I'm at a bit of a loss in that regard.

I think it is simply that Lori didn't want to take care of the dog. Or even more sinister, dead kids don't need a dog.

I really feel that Lori and Chad had a plan to rid their lives of burdens. So that they could ride off into the sunset together.

Sure, there are other possibilities. It just sounded like some real talk to me. She was new, a mess was dropped into his life, it wasn't going to be easy. She was willing to come back -- good on her, she might have been able to develop a routine and then a relationship.

I am going under the assumption that Alex and Lori picked up MG from the airport on September 19.
According to this - MG and Lori only recorded 2 podcasts in September 2019:
September 7 (Saturday)
September 16 (Monday - this one with Chad)
Why was MG in Rexburg on Thursday 9/19?
We know there was a Group that cannot be named conference in Rexburg on the 21st - but Chad didn’t speak at it. Did they all just attend it? Did Tammy attend it?
Who watched JJ for Lori on 9/16? Was he in school?
Also, it seems odd to me that the group that cannot be mentioned doesn’t have Melanie, Chad or Lori ever doing Podcasts together again after 9/16. There are no podcasts by anyone in October and just 1 in November on the 29th.
https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com...watermarked-jjs-nanny-statement-to-police.pdf

Ok so they were going to the event in the Tabernacle on the 21st maybe, not to Hawaii. Good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow