Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N
Welcome to WS. Have you ever heard of some of these authors?
Nope, I have never heard of any of this, Ever! My family is from Salt Lake and I have been a member my whole life, living in many states so have been acquainted with lots of members. I agree with the Poster who recently said these groups have let “power and greed” get to their heads. Many of the things they are teaching (from what I have read) are blasphemous. I agree with what the mods say though about going into any lengthy depth about the LDS religion as you are going to get so many different opinions from members, non-members, ex-members, people who have read reliable sources, people who have read unreliable sources. Albeit to say these individuals are breaking the law and that’s the part they will have to be held accountable for.

Adam Herbets on Twitter

Tomorrow's hearing in Hawaii.
@AdamHerbets

Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney Craig De Costa tells @fox13 she will likely be at the status hearing tomorrow in Hawaii. If she had already been extradited, hearing would have still happened with just lawyers and the judge.

@AdamHerbets

Dunn: We can definitely expect community spread of COVID-19 in Utah. That’s what has happened in other states. Our response may include stopping mass gatherings. This could include closing schools and not going to church on weekends.

// Oh just great. Following Lori to the area, will be the Corona Virus. Would hate to be cooped up in some jail with all the other human germs!

Hi all, I'm newbie but a long-time lurker and have been following along. I think I finally have something to add to the discussion regarding a misconception with the bail bond situation:

LV/CD would need to put up 10% in cash, as well as the remaining balance in collateral. In other words they would currently need to sign over $4.5 million in assets to the bondsman (to be released back to them upon dissolution of the bond) plus the non-refundable $500k in cash.

However, I think the bond issue is moot; as soon as she returns to ID she is subject to imprisonment at the judge's discretion on the separate contempt charge, regardless of the pending criminal charges.

Edit: sp

Last edited:
I'm no attorney, but I'd like to see them try to argue that first part in court:

"Your honor, my clients know exactly where the children are but they are refusing to produce them unless they are first given $1 Million."

"No, your honor, my client doesn't care about having custody of the children, she only wants the insurance money that her murdered husband didn't leave to her."

"Yes, your honor, my client is aware that AZ law enforcement agencies are pursuing conspiracy to commit first degree homicide charges in the shooting death of her late husband, but that's all media hype and my client hasn't been charged with that yet."

:rolleyes: I feel like they would get laughed out of court, Idaho would keep custody and the contempt charges would stand-- just like the Hawaii judge kept the bail at $5 Million. (I understand you were saying that first part is what they were doing before the court case came about and the idea was that they are using a general "it's about custody" and letting their followers

Chad's lawyer.

http://www.rex-law.com/sean-bartholick/

SEAN BARTHOLICK

SeanPhoto-300x300.png

Sean has been with the firm since 2015, after having operated a solo practice in Rexburg.

Sean handles the criminal defense for the firm, and has been involved with both high profile cases as well as helping everyday people who find themselves accused of a crime. Sean is an experienced trial lawyer and served as the primary public defender for Jefferson County from 2014-2016. He has spent hundred of hours in the courtroom on behalf of clients.

Sean believes that the heart of any family dispute is the best interest of the children. He encourages clients to focus on how best to achieve their goals while never losing sight of the long term effects of divorce on children.

Sean graduated from Washburn University School of Law, in Topeka, Kansas. After graduation. Sean served as law clerk for the Honorable Greg W. Moeller, the District Court Judge for Madison County. Sean has served as the Eagle Rock Inns of Court President and as an adjunct faculty for Brigham Young University-Idaho, teaching multiple courses. He currently serves on the Planning and Zoning Committee for Sugar City, Idaho.

Areas of Practice:

• Family Law
    • Divorce
    • Custody/Child Support Modification
    • Contempt Proceedings
    • Child Protection

• Criminal Defense
    • Felony
    • Misdemeanor
    • BYU-Idaho Student Defense
    • DUI
    • Juvenile Defense

• Personal Injury

N

Nope, I have never heard of any of this, Ever! My family is from Salt Lake and I have been a member my whole life, living in many states so have been acquainted with lots of members. I agree with the Poster who recently said these groups have let “power and greed” get to their heads. Many of the things they are teaching (from what I have read) are blasphemous. I agree with what the mods say though about going into any lengthy depth about the LDS religion as you are going to get so many different opinions from members, non-members, ex-members, people who have read reliable sources, people who have read unreliable sources. Albeit to say these individuals are breaking the law and that’s the part they will have to be held accountable for.
I'm rather surprised I haven't heard a peep about any of them either... Perhaps the fundamentals and their polygamy lifestyle have hogged all the attention! Those Kingstons and FLDS... sheesh.

He's got his work cut out for him. Say, is Michael Avenatti available? I hear he is a cracker jack attorney, rather expensive tho.
Oh wait, what's this? He apparently is in lockdown at the MCC in NYC... someone smuggled a gun in there so none of the inmates including him can leave their cells, no showers the past 5 days.
tsk tsk

Last edited:
Someone did have to get LE to consider the exhumtion. Those decisions are not made lightly. WHO did make that case? I always thought it was Tammy's relatives... does anyone know for certain?

It was not Tammy’s relatives. They found out through the media unfortunately. It was likely just LE decision after the pieces began coming together when Chad and Lori left while they were trying to locate the children.

Its just shocking....complete with CD signature phraseology of “, but”
hmmm. Makes me think of an idea... We have had great analysis of his writing style. If information got to Chad about how "poor" his writing is, he might crack earlier. Authors cannot handle criticism very well. He can handle lying, but bet he can't handle that he is a bad writer.

Lori straight up told Charles she would kill him if he got in her way. This noted in legal docs in his divorce petition. What surprises me is that he didn't demand to meet her either on the street or in a public place. I'm pretty sure she lured him into the house, it's unfortunate he went in.

In retrospect, I wonder if when Lori sent Charles out to BurgerKing for JJ's breakfast, if it wasn't done in hopes that he would leave his phone behind for her snooping. :eek:

At the very least, it seems clear that she sent him out to have more time to talk/plot with AxC (and possibly also Tylee). :(

N

I agree, especially as we've also had people writing in and saying to be careful at looking at "anti"-LDS forums, as it may shock you with a whole batch of stuff you previously had not known. :eek:

Chad's lawyer.

http://www.rex-law.com/sean-bartholick/

SEAN BARTHOLICK

SeanPhoto-300x300.png

Sean has been with the firm since 2015, after having operated a solo practice in Rexburg.

Sean handles the criminal defense for the firm, and has been involved with both high profile cases as well as helping everyday people who find themselves accused of a crime. Sean is an experienced trial lawyer and served as the primary public defender for Jefferson County from 2014-2016. He has spent hundred of hours in the courtroom on behalf of clients.

Sean believes that the heart of any family dispute is the best interest of the children. He encourages clients to focus on how best to achieve their goals while never losing sight of the long term effects of divorce on children.

Sean graduated from Washburn University School of Law, in Topeka, Kansas. After graduation. Sean served as law clerk for the Honorable Greg W. Moeller, the District Court Judge for Madison County. Sean has served as the Eagle Rock Inns of Court President and as an adjunct faculty for Brigham Young University-Idaho, teaching multiple courses. He currently serves on the Planning and Zoning Committee for Sugar City, Idaho.

Areas of Practice:

• Family Law
    • Divorce
    • Contempt Proceedings
    • Child Protection

• Criminal Defense
    • Felony
    • Misdemeanor
    • BYU-Idaho Student Defense
    • DUI
    • Juvenile Defense
  • Personal Injury
OK Chad and Lori picked him, he covers all their bases:

Areas of Practice:

• Family Law
    • Divorce
    • Contempt Proceedings
    • Child Protection

• Criminal Defense
    • Felony
    • Misdemeanor

I agree. From what I understand, they can leave Lori in Hawaii for up to 90 days before they have to extradite her. She is not allowed to post bail in Hawaii now that she agreed to be extradited. As soon as she is returned to Idaho there will be another hearing where Lori's ID attorney tries to reduce her bail. It makes good strategic sense to leave her there as long as possible while they build a case for additional charges, thus ensuring when she is returned the $5 Million bail will stay and she won't be free. I hope they are working on getting Chad arrested too but just keeping Lori in jail longer will keep him manageable IMHO-- he's shown he is loyal to his new wife and he's not going anywhere. And in the mean time, Chad might inadvertently point the FBI to even more incriminating evidence. MOO.
This is such valuable data. --the 90 days. Yes, yes, keeping her in Hawaii has many benefits. I am certainly in less of a hurry to see her returned to ID now. I wonder if Chad fully understood the 90 days????

Is believing in reincarnation compatible with the LDS doctrine? I don't know how these people can still claim to be LDS.
No it is not, along with a lot of the rest of their beliefs. They are not compatible with actual church beliefs. How they remain, is that they tell themselves God is revealing 'mysteries' or special knowledge for more 'worthy' members like themselves, which rank and file, regular members can't handle or aren't 'ready for'. That's how they still claim to be LDS, IMO. If you spend much time on some of the fringe LDS websites, you will find this a common theme and a common explanation. MOO

So how do the likes of Chad and others get away with it without being ex'd? It just seems it is tolerated as it makes money for a whole load of organisations. It's corrupt IMO.

Honestly, I think it is because they stay under the radar. They don't jump in to the media to push their agenda. I haven't heard of many of these people. I didn't know a ton about these groups until this whole fiasco. The people that get ex'd are people that try to get others to leave the church and have extreme beliefs that don't line up with the church. Honestly, I had no idea just how many of these outliers existed. I don't think people even realize how extreme some of their beliefs are.

Lori Vallow Daybell will appear in Rexburg courtroom Friday

REXBURG — Lori Vallow Daybell will make her first court appearance in Rexburg on Friday.

She will appear for a hearing before Magistrate Judge Faren Eddins at the Madison County Courthouse at 2 p.m., where she will be read her charges. EastIdahoNews.com will be streaming the hearing from start to finish.

Her next court appearance will be a preliminary hearing, which will happen at a later date. A judge will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to advance the case from magistrate court to district court at that hearing.

Friday’s hearing is open to the public. Courtroom etiquette is outlined here.

Lori Vallow Daybell will appear in Rexburg courtroom Friday | East Idaho News

Looks like I was wrong about them delaying bringing her back. It's on! :)
Who is going to see her in court? Any locals here brave enough to go and report back to us? :D
YES! I leave to find more antibacterial wipes at Target and come back to Lori packing her 1 tshirt and leggings to head to Idaho.

This entire post is strictly IN MY VERY HONEST OPINION ONLY...

Can I just say that I cannot give Chad a pass. He lied to the police. He may have at one time been a "good guy", an "honest guy", someone that you cannot imagine would do anything like this, but... He lied to his family and to the police! He ran off to Hawaii with a new wife and has been "living it up" immediately after the "love of his life" died.

First, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS). From my observation and experience, I believe that people can get personal revelation that may help guide them in their life decisions - prayer, belief, family, scriptures.... However, when people from our religion take it to the next level; unfortunately, I believe that they get corrupted. Especially in the last few years, I have watched numerous people of my religion get unhinged. Honestly, not as unhinged as I believe Chad is; but, nevertheless, they have become what I would deem as unhinged. For Chad to believe that he has lived multiple lives, to believe that he will deliver the 144,000, to believe that he has more inspiration than the leaders of a church that he says he believes in...

When a person of any religion begins to believe that they have extraordinary powers to talk to the dead, to talk to God, to understand things that we mere humans do not understand, I have to question what exactly they have done to "get" these special powers.

In my VHO (MOO), when Chad began to sell his visions, when money became a motivating factor, he lost whatever pure intentions he had in sharing his "gift". Greed... that is a big corruption. He opened the door for other influences to come in and change whatever good he had and even his "visions" became corrupt. I know his family and friends wanted to believe him. But, did they all know to what extent he was reaching out for monetary gain? Once corrupt in one area, I believe it was a slippery slope to corruption in other manners. I am sorry to those that knew and loved him, but I really believe that he did have an affair with Lori prior to Tammy's death. He likely justified it to himself since he believed that they were together in previous lives.

Finally, he may believe whatever lies Lori has told him, but he has to KNOW that something is hinky. Why in the world would he have told his family that she didn't have kids? Why in the world would he have reached out for living quarters in Hawaii saying they had no children? Why would he tell the police that he "barely" knew his wife and didn't know her phone number???? Because he is lusting after a beautiful woman and he is doing things that he knows is wrong. Sorry, not sorry, I can't give Chad a pass.
I agree with this— especially the part about personal revelation. I’ve been trying to decide how to verbalize how I feel about Chad’s twisting of personal revelation that has resulted in manipulation and deceiving those closest to him in the name of the religion that they love. It’s perverse and takes something that is wonderful and distorts it into something distrustful.

As a believing member of the LDS Church, I do believe that I (and others) can receive direct inspiration and revelation from Heavenly Father. But the emphasis is on PERSONAL revelation. I am not the prophet, therefore I know that I can’t receive revelation for my friend or my neighbor or my sister. It is outside of my area of revelation. So as a hypothetical example, IF Chad had shared with me his near death experience personally years ago- because I believe that every single person is entitled to receive revelation and knowledge directly from God in heaven, then I couldn’t say for sure that it didn’t or didn’t happen for him as he said. But either way, it doesn’t really affect my life. However, when he starts writing books to make money off of a spiritual experience and also further says that because of this NDE experience, he now has all this knowledge and supposed revelation, prophecies because of his “torn veil” for ALL people—- then I can and should judge him for his words and call bull crap on that one. I can and should judge that as inauthentic and a “wolf in sheep’s clothing”. When he or anyone (besides the one Prophet of our church) tries to claim authority or power over the Church or a large group of people, that is no longer PERSONAL revelation— and no matter what he says- he just doesn’t have the proper authority.

Also, even if my husband told me that he received revelation for me to do something specific— I still wouldn’t necessarily do whatever that thing is just because my husband said he got revelation for me. Because I would have the “right” to receive that same knowledge for myself that it was something I needed to do or change, etc before I was accountable to doing it.

i don’t know if my ramblings make sense, but I wanted to clarify for anyone who cares to understand the difference between what Chad is doing and what (in MOO) the LDS church teaches. This is of course, all MOO.

Don’t quote me on this but I think that the idea of reincarnation is rejected by the LDS church. Here’s a website where I read it from because I actually had the same question as you. I honestly don’t know why CD said that he had already been with LV before if in the church they don’t believe in it. Reincarnation contradicts Amulek’s admonition that “this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God” Reincarnation - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism
That's exactly right. When I've argued with some of these members who believe in reincarnation, they make many excuses for why their belief contradicts scripture, doctrine etc, claiming it's not the same thing (it is) and also, insisting that it is a deep doctrine that the rest of us church members just aren't ready for, but the insinuation is that if we weren't so blind and cutting ourselves off from God's mysteries, we'd accept it too. There is only a very small number of people who believe this, and other fringe beliefs(a lot are no longer members of the church), but the internet is a place where they can get together and share with like minded individuals. Chad likely learned(and accepted it) it from others on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow