Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR did originally say that she knew about Tammy dying years before and that she and Chad talked about it at times before her death--I believe it was one of the first comments she gave the media which was published back in December. Naturally, she'd never mentioned it before reporting it to the media, it was supposedly just between her and Chad. If she changes her story later, that's normal for her. JR often contradicts herself, it's a habit she has. And she changes her mind. It was not a surprise to me at all when she first came out defending Chad and over time, is now to the point where she considers him an enemy. It makes little sense unless you've been following her MO for a while. MOO
I think JR changed her story around the time we learned that Lori thought she was a god and after she heard that Chad distanced himself from her. Maybe she realized that Chad and Lori's ideas were even crazier than hers.

Last edited:
Garna Mejia KSL on Twitter

Garna Mejia KSL

@GarnaMejiaKSL

Here is the amended court room conduct order for #LoriVallow’s hearing Friday in #Rexburg. It includes detailed instructions for media. Madison County has never had a case this big. On a personal note- I applaud them for how well they’re preparing & their transparency.
@KSL5TV

9:27 AM · Mar 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Who do you think the media will agree on for the two cameras? I'm hoping Fox10 for the video and East Idaho News for the stills. Or the other way around. They deserve it. Jmo

The second article also reminds us (especially newer folks) that Alex was dead the very next day after the exhumation. Toss up as to whether a suicide or a very messy murder. (e.g. someone who didn't really know how to poison someone gave too much)

Could Alex have been the paintball shooter? We don’t know how Alex died, do we? Just when.
Did Alex kill or facilitate the death of Tammy and then the brains of the killing spree group/person killed Alex or had Alex killed to silence him? Like silence the kids?
If we presume Lori is the center, she would/could take out a few lives. But it would be easier with an accomplice. Alex fit the bill for killing off people until he knew, took care of too much dirty work. And wasn’t getting any of the insurance proceeds. And started complaining. So his connection to Lori would have to be cut. By death. And who could get so close, physical proximity, to Alex to kill him, too? None other than Lori, herself. I don’t think Chad would be up for that kind of clean up job.

Cold blooded murderer. Brother. Children. Heart attack husband. (Probably drug induced cardiac arrest.) 4 for her. CV set up by her. Tammy? I don’t know. But I don’t think Chad killed her. He talks a lot. But can’t walk the walk. Lori, or some accomplice took care of Tammy. Lori was getting impatient. She didn’t get the life insurance money from CV, so she wanted Chad and HIS dead wife’s insurance proceeds. Maybe Lori gave Chad something for Tammy to help “calm” Tammy down. Help Tammy sleep. And it turned out to be the murder weapon. Something to eat or drink. And he didn’t know it.
Yes. Complicated is right.
The kids? Gone. Just bc Lori leaves death wherever she goes. They are not somewhere being taken care of. Nice thought, but Lori gets rid of stuff. Toys. Mementoes. Everything and everyone is expendable.

Lol. I wonder if she talked Chad into buying life insurance recently. Or was Chad already covered and she knew how much? Chad was next. He didn’t know it. He’s lucky.
(No, I’m not saying Chad is a victim. He’s in it up to his eyeballs, by his own actions, but he’s not the brains of the murder for money conspiracy. He got suckered into Lori and now has no way out.)

Parrett is still selling a JR book and many by Chad. IIRC Julie had more books and front and center, now just the one and not on the front page.
Interesting. She said she wasn't on AVOW anymore, so that suggests a falling out. And CP isn't making any money off her so why advertise her books and help her out when she's turning against his friend Chad.MOO

That photo makes me wonder if Tammy cut her hair short in 2019 (photos posted on her facebook page) to try and refresh an ailing marriage.

moo

It's a minor detail, but I don't think we have discussed it-- Before Chad met Tammy someone else had a vision that he was going to marry a woman with short blonde hair and told him about it. Tammy had blonde hair in her high school yearbook photo. Here's part of his blog post about it (BBM):

At the end of my mission a few months later, Jenny asked if I would give her a priesthood blessing. I did, and when I concluded, she turned around and told me that during the blessing she had received a vision of a young blonde girl with short hair who was praying at the side of her bed. The girl was asking Heavenly Father to guide her and help her find the right person to spend her life with. Jenny felt this was the girl I would marry. I knew Jenny was very receptive to spiritual things, and I took her seriously. I didn’t know any girls with short blonde hair, though.

My wife Tammy’s senior class photo that certainly caught my attention.

A week later I was home in Springville, Utah. I saw my brother’s 1988 high school yearbook on his shelf, so I grabbed it and flipped through it. There was a half-page feature about a girl named Tammy Douglas. When I saw her face, I felt the most electrifying shock of my life. Staring back at me was a beautiful girl with short blonde hair. I quickly turned to her senior class photo, and I was fascinated. I realized she would have been a sophomore when I was a senior, but I couldn’t remember her. She would have graduated more than a year earlier and had probably gone off to college somewhere. What were the odds I would find her?

9- Miracles still happen | cdaybell.com

He continues to talk about meeting Tammy in his next blog post (BBM):

August 31, 2015

In my last post I ended by describing how I felt when I saw my future wife Tammy’s photo in a yearbook. I asked my brothers about her, and I was thrilled to find out she was the secretary for Springville’s Parks and Cemeteries Department.

I still couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t remember her. Then I came to understand that some sort of spiritual veil had been placed over my mind concerning her during high school. If we had gotten to know each other at that time, we would have become inseparable, but we still had many growing experiences to go through on our own before we became a couple. The timing wasn’t right for either one of us.

However, I was surprised to find out later that Tammy had been keeping an eye on me since her sophomore year. I was on the Springville High Student Council, and she was in the audience during the assemblies. The student body president and I would put together crazy skits, such as dancing wildly around and jumping off the stage like rock stars. Despite this, Tammy still admired me from afar in the school halls. While I was on my mission, she had even told her friends, “I’m going to date Chad Daybell when he gets home.”

More on the blog: 10- A cemetery courtship | cdaybell.com

Interestingly, in this story Tammy seems to have had visionary skills, after all! :rolleyes:

ETA: I meant to include, that the blonde hair thing has always made me wonder if Lori's blonde hair attracted Chad. It may be one more little thing he used to justify an affair and to tell himself he was "meant to " marry Lori. Maybe he is thinking that he married the wrong blonde back in 1990? Maybe he is even thinking that if he had married Lori instead, then perhaps the end times would have come about sooner? If he thinks he and Lori are the leaders of the 144,000 then he might have these grandiose ideas. The way that he says Tammy doesn't have visionary skills in the GRI letter is really irksome-- it's a minor dig but it's as if he is saying she wasn't his equal or worthy of him, even after 28 years of marriage and 5 kids. I also think it's pointing to something more ominous though- he had made up his mind that he was destined to be with Lori, not Tammy. A man who thinks like this (that there is only one right person or only one right order that his life events are supposed to happen in) can justify anything in his mind, even murder. :mad::(

MOO.

Last edited:
Interesting. She said she wasn't on AVOW anymore, so that suggests a falling out. And CP isn't making any money off her so why advertise her books and help her out when she's turning against his friend Chad.MOO
I put her name in the search field and the same JR book came up twice, it may be a glitch, or poor website house cleaning.

I have wondered if he himself did not witness the coughing and vomiting but another family member did. I even wondered if he was not in bed when he discovered her dead. Does it say anywhere that he was in bed with her at the time he discovered her? The 911 call would probably explain more but they are not releasing it for some reason. MOO.
Snipped by me for clarity

published articles in it as recently as October 31, 2019, just after Tammy's death and burial...

View attachment 235852
Text:
My dear wife Tammy passed away in her sleep early Saturday, October 19. When I awoke at around 6 a.m., it was clear she had been gone for several hours. It came as a shock. I couldn't believe I hadn't been awakened somehow, but all indications are that her spirit simply slipped away during the night. Her face looked serene, with her eyes closed and a slight smile. It was devastating to discover her that way, but I'm so grateful that her death was peaceful.

Chad carefully avoids his location in the home and emphasizes his remorse that he wasn’t awakened. That he adds peaceful serenity is just flourish. He creates a revisionist history, with self absolution, allowing him to move forward with Lori as his self described “clean couple with no children”.

I'm intrigued to see what LV says in court. Let's assume for a moment that it's true she believes she's a god. What does one say (to a mere human judge) in that circumstance?
  • "Your Honor, my kids are perfectly safe at an undisclosed location with some very good friends who share our religious beliefs about the end of the world."
  • "My children are deceased, but I had a good reason..."
  • "I am a god, and I don't have to answer to you." (And if she says that, can her attorney plead insanity on her behalf for whatever crime she may have committed?)

All of this is just my own opinion and conjecture. I'm curious to see if she's truly crazy and, if so, whether she knows that she's crazy. It seems, in any event, we ought to have some clue (or maybe clear understanding) tomorrow about where Tylee and JJ are or what happened to them, unless LV pleads the 5th Amendment and says nothing at all.
Unfortunately she won’t say squat besides yes and no, your honor. Bail may be set. Hope it’s high!

RSBM

I'm curious to see if she's truly crazy and, if so, whether she knows that she's crazy. It seems, in any event, we ought to have some clue (or maybe clear understanding) tomorrow about where Tylee and JJ are or what happened to them, unless LV pleads the 5th Amendment and says nothing at all.

There is a term in psychology, Dunning-Krueger effect, which for those unfamiliar is basically the concept that the more stupid you are, the smarter you think you are. The more intelligent people, while knowing they know a lot, also have a much better recognition that things are often not as cut and dry as the not-so-smart view them and their greater intelligence also gives them enough knowledge to recognize how much they don't know or fully understand. So the smarter people underestimate how smart they are.

My suspicion is that when it comes to judging your own craziness, there is something comparable at work. I don't know if it has a name, but if not I propose it be known from this point forward as the BigAl-Lori theory (or something equally as stupid). :)

MOO

Text:
My dear wife Tammy passed away in her sleep early Saturday, October 19. When I awoke at around 6 a.m., it was clear she had been gone for several hours. It came as a shock. I couldn't believe I hadn't been awakened somehow, but all indications are that her spirit simply slipped away during the night. Her face looked serene, with her eyes closed and a slight smile. It was devastating to discover her that way, but I'm so grateful that her death was peaceful.

Chad carefully avoids his location in the home and emphasizes his remorse that he wasn’t awakened. That he adds peaceful serenity is just flourish. He creates a revisionist history, with self absolution, allowing him to move forward with Lori as his self described “clean couple with no children”.
One of our VI, a friend in Springville also states he was saying weird things at the funeral and called himself a bachelor.

Text:

Nobody else believes it either.

It's going to be interesting to see who has the gall to plop down in the front row for defense. Chad, yeah. MBP? Lori's sister? ZP? ZP can claim family ties since she's a sister in law now. Jmo

'Will be interesting to see who shows and where they sit. Will Parrett be there and sitting by Chad? (Likely making notes for their next upcoming book, of course :mad:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member