Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Daybell allegedly increased his wife's life insurance. Then she died and was buried within 3 days. Here are other 'weird' observations friends noticed. | East Idaho News

ETA -

"Five days after the post was emailed to AVOW subscribers, Chad married Lori Vallow on a Hawaii beach. Court documents show he received $430,000 in life insurance money after Tammy died. Multiple sources say the funds came from several policies and Chad made “significant” increases to at least one policy before Tammy passed away."
"“We were talking about how his family is doing and he told me his dad remarried,” she says. “I thought it was a joke because he kind of laughed about it afterward. I laughed and he said, ‘No, I’m serious. My dad went to Hawaii on a business trip and met a widow and they just got married.'"

OOPS it appears Chad lied to his kids, likely his parents and anyone he talked to about it as well. Just met Lori in Hawaii and got married on a whim? What? He didn't tell all of them that Lori had told her husband she would kill him if he stood in her way to follow Chad, and then... actually did that?

Last edited:
I highly doubt that Chad even knows what to do with himself. From the looks of it, Tammy did everything for him and their family. She even did a bunch of stuff for his publishing thing. I sense that Chad is the typical man-child, that needs to be guided in everything that he does. For a man like that, a woman like Lori is not a great match. Because it doesn't seem like Lori puts much effort into anything, she most likely had her brother "taking care of people" for her. It appears that neither Colby or Tylee had that great of a childhood, probably because their mother is a total inept not only as a parental figure, but also as a person in general. She didn't even put much effort into raising JJ anyways, it was always other people pitching in to take care of the poor boy. My guess is that she is not flapping her gums about Chad already because that would implicate her immensely, she has more to lose than to gain if she opens her mouth about Chad. Same goes to Chad, if he does talk about whatever was done to the kids, then whatever happened to Tammy is going to come out too.
Indeed - two pickles in a pickle jar in a deep pickle. Chad might have an edge if it turns out somehow that Alex delivered the poison to Tammy.

Chad Daybell allegedly increased his wife's life insurance. Then she died and was buried within 3 days. Here are other 'weird' observations friends noticed. | East Idaho News

ETA -

"Five days after the post was emailed to AVOW subscribers, Chad married Lori Vallow on a Hawaii beach. Court documents show he received $430,000 in life insurance money after Tammy died. Multiple sources say the funds came from several policies and Chad made “significant” increases to at least one policy before Tammy passed away."

Also from that link:

A few weeks after Tammy died, a close friend of the Daybell children tells EastIdahoNews.com she had a conversation with one of their sons. She asked that we not use her name but provided verification that the conversation occurred.

“We were talking about how his family is doing and he told me his dad remarried,” she says. “I thought it was a joke because he kind of laughed about it afterward. I laughed and he said, ‘No, I’m serious. My dad went to Hawaii on a business trip and met a widow and they just got married.'”

The friend wasn’t sure how to respond and sensed the Daybell children were not happy their father had remarried so quickly.

“I’ll never forget he said, ‘My dad’s not a bad guy – he’s just done some bad things,'” she says. “I remember calling my mom that night and telling her how weird it was that Chad’s wife hadn’t even been in the ground a month and he’s already married again.”

Life insurance increase, quick burial and other 'weird' things Chad Daybell's friends noticed | East Idaho News

BBM. :eek:o_O What "bad things" does Chad's son knows about?!?

Looks like her. Here it is, blown up a bit (well, click the attached file): View attachment 236170
The story behind that photo, is that JJ and Tylee had taken a tub with a collection of stuffed plush animals outside and played with them in the mud puddles in the grass. I can just imagine Lori going ballistic over it.

Indeed - two pickles in a pickle jar in a deep pickle. Chad might have an edge if it turns out somehow that Alex delivered the poison to Tammy.
Chad is the one of the two that has the most to lose, he's pretty much trapped right now. If he talks, he gets in trouble, if she talks he also gets in trouble.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Chad Daybell’s wife Lori is going to be on her way to Idaho soon. But she won’t be staying here at the Daybell home. And good luck trying to talk to Chad. This is also where his first wife Tammy died in her sleep. Cause under investigation. #fox10phoenix

12:54 PM · Mar 4, 2020

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

I've been wondering, is anyone in or close to the Rexburg area planning to go to the hearing on Friday? I know seating will be very limited. Does anyone think there will be a crowd outside at all? I've read posts about what type of reactions/feelings people are having there in general, but I'd like to know if a crowd would show up at the courthouse in Rexburg with blown-up pics of the kids and signs saying "WHERE ARE JJ AND TYLEE?". I know I'd be up for it if I wasn't 2000 miles away. (Although maybe it is too soon for that sort of thing. Is that something more likely to happen with later court or trial dates?)

As for the replies below, I have at least TWENTY pages of posts to read through before I'm caught up, so if my questions have been since answered or if I'm posting any info already known, please excuse me being redundant and ignore. (I'll figure it out eventually!)

Any ideas and claims made in my posts below are My Opinion Only.

I first learned about the early days of the Mormons when I read "Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith" by Jon Krakauer, and I remember what you guys are talking about. There were a lot of new religious movements, break-away groups, and tent revivals and the like in those days. It's pretty wild to compare and contrast that place and time with the present... but anyway, Joseph Smith happened to grow up in the thick of it.
Burned-over district - Wikipedia
Second Great Awakening - Wikipedia
Early life of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia
"By 1817*, Smith's family had moved to the "burned-over district" of western New York, an area repeatedly swept by religious revivals during the Second Great Awakening. Smith family members held divergent views about organized religion, believed in visions and prophecies, and engaged in certain folk religious practices typical of the era. Smith briefly investigated Methodism, but he was generally disillusioned with the churches of his day."
"Around 1820 Smith is said to have experienced a theophany, now known as his First Vision among adherents."

*Smith would have been 11 or 12

BBM
One thing that made me very suspicious of CD immediately was finding out that he supposedly had "visions" predicting Tammy's death. More than once! And he never told her.
This claim was made by Julie Rowe, so, mileage may vary. (Is there any possibility that the prosecution will have her testify? I really know zilch about the law and court processes. All I know is JR isn't known for her credibility.)
Daybell and Rowe often talked about a vision they both had years ago where angels told them Tammy would die.
“He was emotionally distraught, he was crying and he said that his angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” said Rowe.
Three weeks before Tammy’s death, Rowe and Daybell called each other.
“And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” said Rowe.
Tammy was in charge of the finances and covers for Daybell’s books. Rowe said Daybell wanted to get out of the business, but Tammy wanted to keep going.
“He said I’m ready to get out now and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this,” said Rowe

Chad Daybell had a “vision” his wife Tammy would die, friend says
What is interesting to me is, JR was telling the media about these visions when she was still very much defending Daybell. Back then, she "saw" that the children were somewhere safe. But she changed her tune on Chad (after the Hawaii wedding pictures came out, iirc), and she talked about his visions a second time:
"I did energy sessions for him and some of his kids," Rowe said.
She added that Chad often spoke to her about his visions of Tammy dying.
"He really felt like she was going to pass away last fall between October and December," Rowe said, adding that the two were having marital problems.

Former friend: Chad Daybell predicted his late wife's death and brainwashed his kids
Like I said, I don't think she'd make a very credible witness. But who knows with Chad and his dreams. Nearly everything he's dreamed up is disturbing in one way or another.

:D thank you for that chuckle!

This claim, that Tammy's sister or Tammy's family was highly suspicious from the start and that Tammy was exhumed for this reason, has been brought up and debunked a few times now in the last couple days.
most recent debunk AFAIK here: ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24
I understand there is an off-limits reason (social media site post, allegedly involving a POI's family member) why this may have come up so often in the last 24-48 hours. But what is weird to me is I've heard more than few folks now saying "I read that somewhere before", "I heard this along time ago", "I was thinking this all along" - things like that. If people are getting this idea from somewhere off of Websleuths - that's fine. I get it. There are lots of ideas out there. But I'm curious if anyone knows of, or can find, a source of these claims about Tammy's family appearing much earlier than just the last day or two. (Being that any sources about this may likely come from social media, or would otherwise be unacceptable to post out on the main thread, please send me a message privately. or just consider my musings to be rhetorical ;))

iirc, he is the same lawyer who handled the divorce between IP and his former spouse. if so, there is a source with this info somewhere on our timeline. just thought I'd mention that.
Exhuming Body Without Family Permission : GriefSupport

it was in this now deleted post by a Daybell.... that the writer says that her mom passed away and it was a “ natural causes death” . She then says that her dad married soon after and because of this her aunt phoned the local LE and said something was suspicious about her sister death . The poster than says that then they exhumed her moms body without the families permission. You can see from people’s answers that it was a This child of CD. So this is where the claim comes from that Tammys family was concerned earlier on. I am sure after everything that has transpired LE was going to exhume TD body at some point anyways. MOO

Chad is the one of the two that has the most to lose, he's pretty much trapped right now. If he talks, he gets in trouble, if she talks he also gets in trouble.
You just know they will write "A REAL BOOK" (nonfiction crime novel, as compared to fictional pithy hocus pocus doomsy daisy books) and make a movie on this fiasco. Watching it unfold in real time is addicting!

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Chad Daybell’s wife Lori is going to be on her way to Idaho soon. But she won’t be staying here at the Daybell home. And good luck trying to talk to Chad. This is also where his first wife Tammy died in her sleep. Cause under investigation. #fox10phoenix

Justin Lum Fox 10
Just spoke to Seth Daybell (Chad’s son) as he came out to get mail. But no comment being made. #fox10phoenix

// Guess he isn't one to fess up that Dear old Dad lied to the family about meeting a widow in Hawaii on a business trip? And immediately marrying her?

Justin Lum Fox 10
Just spoke to Seth Daybell (Chad’s son) as he came out to get mail. But no comment being made. #fox10phoenix

// Guess he isn't one to fess up that Dear old Dad lied to the family about meeting a widow in Hawaii on a business trip? And immediately marrying her?
They are not going to talk, ever.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Note the private property sign in the second picture above. A photo-shopped pic of that same sign was going around in social media comments showing the sign as saying something else entirely. I think Justin Lum's photo puts to rest that the photo on social media was faked and a created rumor. We're not supposed to discuss rumors but I bring it up because this is a good example of why Websleuths does NOT allow rumors and posting random photos from social media comments. In big cases like this there will always be people who want to insert themselves into a case or create more drama by faking photos or making things up. This case has enough true drama already, there's no need to create rumors or fake drama. This is why I love Websleuths, where we discuss facts, not rumors. :D

MOO.

O/T Kinda
Anyone else here follow the Caylee Anthony case? That's what brought me to WS. Remember the defense opening arguments? I WAS FLABBERGASTED!! For the last few days/ maybe weeks (now that i'm more of a believer the kids are not OK, opposed to when I first started following with my fingers crossed) I keep trying to come up with some BS argument. I know several of you have posted some kinda silly ones, but with ALL this silence it keeps taking me back. IMO Hoping we get answers soon, and LV not pleading the 5th.
I guess i'm just rambling.

Yeah, that was a real mind-blower and hard to take it all in, in real time as it was happening.

Websleuths exploded.

Where are the kids, Lori and Chad?

Exhuming Body Without Family Permission : GriefSupport

it was in this now deleted post by a Daybell.... that the writer says that her mom passed away and it was a “ natural causes death” . She then says that her dad married soon after and because of this her aunt phoned the local LE and said something was suspicious about her sister death . The poster than says that then they exhumed her moms body without the families permission. You can see from people’s answers that it was a This child of CD. So this is where the claim comes from that Tammys family was concerned earlier on. I am sure after everything that has transpired LE was going to exhume TD body at some point anyways. MOO

Do you have the MSM link please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member