Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she has the kids in hiding. But I don't think it would be in Hawaii since it would be too hard to get them here discreetly. I realize they could fly without ID but there would be airline tickets bought and so forth. Not impossible but not that easy. Easier to stash with an AVOWer in Idaho or Arizona.

If they flew there would be airline PAX records of it.

I agree not impossible to put them under false names but seems unlikely

This did seem to be a pattern with her. While others have said she was 'such a great mom', I think she was a hands off kind of parent, letting them do their own thing, because it was less stress for her-- like letting Tylee sort of do homeschool rather than having to answer to a public school system with its parent teacher conferences etc. I suspect that having JJ, with his extra needs put a cramp in her style and from her statement to the police when Charles was killed, I think she was chafing and frustrated with having to be a more involved parent with JJ, (disappearing with just Tylee to hawaii and leaving Charles to figure out what to do with JJ back in Feb) I think she resented that Charles was busy with work and the responsibility for JJ fell on her. Why she didn't just get another Nanny, I don't know. I've started to wonder if JJ's special needs were beginning to be a source of frustration and resentment and why she'd want to abandon her family for an intense, exciting new life with an author she was obsessed with. MOO.
BBM. The anonymous family member communicating with Gray Hughes claimed as much - Lori gave her older children money and let them do whatever they wanted.

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.

Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News

Fascinating.

It really is bizarre CVs death was not properly investigated.

Crazy if they have 5 murders under their belt including Alex?

45 minute unfiltered interview. I’ve not listened yet .

RAW INTERVIEW: Full 42 minutes with Colby Ryan
Lori Vallow's son Colby Ryan and I have been in talks since I began covering this case. I wanted to ask every question I could think of but in my humble opinion, the art of the interview is important in journalism. I'm not here to interrogate anyone. Approach the subject with respect and not bias. I know you all that have been following the search for JJ and Tylee have dozens of questions. I get messages daily.

Here's the unfiltered interview with Colby about how his relationship with his mom took a downward spiral and how he's coping with the fact that Lori won't cooperate with authorities. With each report, we hope to fill in the blanks of the twisted timeline. We're not going off baseless tips. We're trying to uncover facts and provide the truth.

I've spent hours watching and re-watching Colby's interview today so I could add to the timeline. It took me forever to get through because every other sentence was another bombshell dropping. Many things he covered we heard hints of before but to hear it all told in his own words is mind-blowing. Kudos to Colby for speaking out and admitting his many feelings on what has happened-- he is pissed off, frustrated, angry and admits to cussing out Lori when he found out Charles was actually shot to death by Alex. Lori told him Charles had a heart attack. This lie combined with Lori refusing to tell CV's sons what happened but just repeating she was waiting on the ME is so shocking that it's surreal. Did she think that the ME would release the body, she would have a funeral for Charles and no one else besides Alex, Tylee and the Chandler PD would ever find out how Charles died?? o_O:eek:

It really gives me pause to wonder what else she has lied about and gotten away with lying about. For example-- Stacey's death in 1998. We have been told Stacey died from diabetes complications. What if that's not true at all? The internet was not nearly as pervasive in 1998 as it is today. There would not have been any reporters live streaming from in front of the house where Stacey died if there was a police investigation and crime scene tape put up like there was with Charles. No facebook or other social media for neighbors to post about her death and ask what happened. Lori not being tech savyy makes me think she really doesn't pay attention to the news on social media and had no idea that the new would show footage of the house with crime scene tape up. Or perhaps she figured since her neighbors didn't know her and CV's own sons didn't seem to know where she was living currently that it wouldn't matter if the house was shown on the news. But her lie is still so brazen and nonsensical it's hard to wrap my mind around.

I think it's time for a reporter to get a hold of Stacey Lynn Cope's death certificate and interview some more family to find out the real story of how she died. There has to be some history, some precedence that gave Lori reason to believe she could get away with lying to Colby (and possibly CV's sons) about how Charles died. MOO.

Just got here and wondering what I got myself into.
Extremely confused and baffled , think I'll just read for a while.
Praying the kids are found soon!!!
Omg-to think you can obscure the location of your children for 4 months, be surrounded by convenient deaths, marry just 2 weeks after the “ natural death “ of Your lover’s (I am assuming jmo) wife ,he being a freak novelist obsessed with doomsday, her becoming obsessed - Her x husband said he was afraid she would kill him and that she stated to him - if he got in her way she would murder him, he’s dead now, all this leading up to the take off to Hawaii when LE returns one day later to say “where you told us the kids are is bogus“ She ran!! Found in Hawaii without kids -court ordered to bring kids in to prove they are well -she doesn’t . Oh my God, why aren’t we waterboarding her to find out where those children are? This is critical, right? When are your civil rights taken away from you - You would think .. when you are lying about where your children are - makes me think of Caylee Anthony. Why so much grace when you won’t produce the whereabouts of your 2 people dependent on you as the legal Guardian- she’s a mom - none of this adds up and yet you are with your new lover surrounded by strange seemingly “ convenient” death, she knows where her kids are and they are likely not “ safe” but rather dead like her x husband, brother and his wife. I could care less about these people - LE has to get the truth out of them and find those kids.
I used to think Lori was just narcissistic and immature, now I am thinking she is an immature sociopath-a white trash simpleton that belongs in jail regardless of whether they find those poor kids alive. The more I read on this case the more I am frustrated with the lack of investigative work that should have been done from the get go when people were being shot at and shot! Everyday people don’t get shot at, everyday people don’t react to there former spouse being murdered the way she did! Appalled at all this-my flabber is gasted!
Thank you!

No. But if someone wanted to hide here they easily could. There are so many restrictions on the police that they would never be found. There are missing person reports a few times a week on Hawaii Island alone and people are often found only after a couple of years. When people are wanted by the cops it can take much longer. There are enough family and community connections that people can hide. It would be more difficult for Lori given her more "touristy" connection to Kauai. But one sympathetic friend from when she lived here would be all it would take.

I think she has the kids in hiding. But I don't think it would be in Hawaii since it would be too hard to get them here discreetly. I realize they could fly without ID but there would be airline tickets bought and so forth. Not impossible but not that easy. Easier to stash with an AVOWer in Idaho or Arizona.
I wasn't aware that JJ and Tylee could fly to hawaii without ID. I thought it was required since the restrictions by homeland security.

I've spent hours watching and re-watching Colby's interview today so I could add to the timeline. It took me forever to get through because every other sentence was another bombshell dropping. Many things he covered we heard hints of before but to hear it all told in his own words is mind-blowing. Kudos to Colby for speaking out and admitting his many feelings on what has happened-- he is pissed off, frustrated, angry and admits to cussing out Lori when he found out Charles was actually shot to death by Alex. Lori told him Charles had a heart attack. This lie combined with Lori refusing to tell CV's sons what happened but just repeating she was waiting on the ME is so shocking that it's surreal. Did she think that the ME would release the body, she would have a funeral for Charles and no one else besides Alex, Tylee and the Chandler PD would ever find out how Charles died?? o_O:eek:

It really gives me pause to wonder what else she has lied about and gotten away with lying about. For example-- Stacey's death in 1998. We have been told Stacey died from diabetes complications. What if that's not true at all? The internet was not nearly as pervasive in 1998 as it is today. There would not have been any reporters live streaming from in front of the house where Stacey died if there was a police investigation and crime scene tape put up like there was with Charles. No facebook or other social media for neighbors to post about her death and ask what happened. Lori not being tech savyy makes me think she really doesn't pay attention to the news on social media and had no idea that the new would show footage of the house with crime scene tape up. Or perhaps she figured since her neighbors didn't know her and CV's own sons didn't seem to know where she was living currently that it wouldn't matter if the house was shown on the news. But her lie is still so brazen and nonsensical it's hard to wrap my mind around.

I think it's time for a reporter to get a hold of Stacey Lynn Cope's death certificate and interview some more family to find out the real story of how she died. There has to be some history, some precedence that gave Lori reason to believe she could get away with lying to Colby (and possibly CV's sons) about how Charles died. MOO.
Wasn't Alex alone in the house with Stacey when she died? I don't remember reading that Lori was anywhere near.

Febuary 3,2020

ALLEGED TEXTS FROM LORI (CONT’D): These are the remaining texts between one of Charles Vallow’s sons and Lori Vallow. The sons’ names have been redacted to respect their privacy. This conversation is apart of my initial post regarding the texts sent the day after Charles died. The first one posted here shows his son pleading for some sort of detail after another three days.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Colby said in the interview that detectives visited him the day before Thanksgiving (November 27). Weren't they already searching Lori's Rexburg home on that day?
I think it makes sense. I'd assume the police were sent to Colby's to check out what Lori said, when they found out the children were not there, then police in Idaho were notified and they followed up immediately, that day and found Lori and Chad had moved out.

Did you come up with a day for Lori to be in town at the birth of Colby’s baby?

This is what they need to do, especially if they can get her in a cell with prisoners that can scare the life out of her. I’ve read a few times where they use prisoners as informants in return for a lesser sentence. Put her in with people who can act well but wouldn’t really hurt her and see what they can get out of her. She’s used to being in control and she doesn’t seem equipped to deal with people from that other side of life. Perhaps where her looks won’t work to her advantage anymore...and may even go against her. Moo
Imagine her in jail! It’s kind of fun.

She’s a chameleon—maybe she’ll get along with other inmates and not worry about being shanked. Maybe not. Either way she’ll be showering and pooping in public and smelling nasty smells while draped in unflattering communal clothes. I can picture her transcended self indignantly waiting for delivery of her generic commissary items, then carrying them in a baggie back to her shared cell. Trying to to sleep on a lumpy mattress under a single low-count threadbare sheet stained with unspeakable things. Scheming how to use available items to secretly murder her cellmate and a guard or two.

Sulking on uncomfortable bolted-down dayroom chairs unable to control or check on the status of her misbegotten funds. No cell phone, computer or email to reinforce how wonderful she is. Anxious there are no mirrors to see how pale and flabby she’s gotten without beaches, swimming pools, tanning booths, pilates machines or yoga classes. Knowing she’s getting fat eating nasty high-carb food and canned beans instead of sushi. No curling iron, blow dryer, hairspray, or bikinis waxes to soften the blow.

A resentful, angry dethroned princess, completely trapped without horny, rich men around to manipulate.

Last edited:
Colby said in the latest interview that when he called Tylee (on an unspecified date), she wouldn't answer. He also exchanged texts with her for which he now has doubts that they were sent by her. I wish he gave us the time frame for that exchange.

If we listen to when Lori slows contact with Colby it is the same time she is sending nasty videos to Chad. January 2019. She is now probably in a full blown affair at this point and with 2 kids in the way. MOO

and they said LV was a long time LDS member and who is her family? Mom, dad etc. and what if she has other family who relocated to Kauai long ago and lives here helping her too? Also I noticed the Book of Mormom videos were being filmed on Kauai, maybe they were involved in some of that since they were here and surely would've known about it. Some might seem things some of us mention unrelated but only time will tell. MOO

SBM

...Smoking in the house? Other substance use? Most of the things I would think of (harsh discipline, neglect) wouldn't really apply to Charles' older sons whose protection the cameras were theoretically for. They were old enough to mostly take care of themselves, and way too big for spankings.

*EDIT* Just had a thought, maybe she wasn't being mean to the boys, but too nice. She's much younger than Charles, maybe she was dressing in a way that the boys felt was inappropriate or being too touchy for a stepmom.

Given her religion, I would bet it was none of those things. I think she just talked a bunch of wacky stuff, more of what we have already heard and talked about so far, how she is supposedly a leader for the rapture or whatever. All stuff that wouldn't be enough to cause issues for LV legally, but would certainly raise red flags to a judge, parent or ex-spouse.

Josh Powell (Susan Powell's husband) did the same thing. He had stopped attending church a while before Susan disappeared, but then when he moved back to Washington with his two sons, he showed up at church and attended for awhile, even though he'd already made the decision he didn't believe anymore. They usually have some motive or reason. Often to gain sympathy, good will or to support a certain image. MOO.

Also the church might have resources to help with a lawyer, a counselor, food, bills or rent, etc.

Febuary 3,2020

ALLEGED TEXTS FROM LORI (CONT’D): These are the remaining texts between one of Charles Vallow’s sons and Lori Vallow. The sons’ names have been redacted to respect their privacy. This conversation is apart of my initial post regarding the texts sent the day after Charles died. The first one posted here shows his son pleading for some sort of detail after another three days.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
Interesting that Colby didn't answer Charles' older son's call after Lori dropped the news of Charles' death by text and then went silent for three days.

Fascinating.

It really is bizarre CVs death was not properly investigated.

Crazy if they have 5 murders under their belt including Alex?

It's hard to tell who was in the biggest hurry to just get that whole thing over with.

I feel so bad for the Vallow family. It wasn't enough that he was murdered, his memory has been handled so disrespectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmaxhen