Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex and Lori stories of how Charles was killed don't match. Lori describes a fight, Charles supposedly hitting Alex with a bat, then hearing a shot when she was still in the kitchen. Alex claimed Lori and children already left and then Charles went after him. Then Alex went into a bedroom, got his gun, came out and shot Charles because Charles supposedly didn't put the bat down and came at Alex again. The stories not matching didn't raise any suspicions with Chandler PD?

Assuming Tylee really is an emancipated minor. I don't think we have any reason to think that's true except for Lori reportedly made that claim, and I think we all agree that Lori's word isn't worth much. MOO.
Regardless, nobody was trying to get custody of Tylee. There was no reason to hide her.

Alex and Lori stories of how Charles was killed don't match. Lori describes a fight, Charles supposedly hitting Alex with a bat, then hearing a shot when she was still in the kitchen. Alex claimed Lori and children already left and then Charles went after him. Then Alex went into a bedroom, got his gun, came out and shot Charles because Charles supposedly didn't put the bat down and came at Alex again. The stories not matching didn't raise any suspicions with Chandler PD?
They don't match exactly but I think that is less of an issue than it is usually portrayed on TV. I was in a car accident a few years ago. No one was hurt but a few years ago before modern airbags and crash-resistant car design, it probably would have been fatal. It is still incredible to me how the combination of adrenaline and whatever impacted my memory of the event. I remember vivid detail but the time and sequence of tings is off. For example, I distinctly remember the moment i knew there would be an impact but after the impact it's like my mind went into high speed recording mode because it seemed like several seconds before the airbags blew. I know it was just a fraction of a second but I remember in clear detail several events during that period. I've heard similar stories about that kind of time distortion and getting things out of sequence in critical situations.

I've had a couple of courses in investigations (not criminal) and one thing they teach you is to get witness statements right away and then again some time later. But it is normal for the statements to disagree and people remember things, process them logically in their head and realize they had something out of sequence, etc. It's not that they are lying, it's that memories change. And for 2 or 3 people to witness the same thing and have different memories also does not mean they are lying.

I absolutely think Alex and Lori planned Charles's death, possibly with involvement or Tylee, but I don't think their stories are sufficiently inconsistent to suggest they are lying. Even if they planned it, there is one set of events. They could still remember things differently. I would probably be more concerned if their stories matched exactly.

Parents of 17 year-olds everywhere would like to know how they've been keeping an older teen off the grid for four months. That's quite something in itself.
Not a parent of a teenager. But Tylee never had much of a SM presence so I don't necessarily read much into her lack of recently.

Along the same lines of thought on the bat and Charles being a semi-pro baseball player-- the way that Lori describes how Charles held the bat in her CPD interview makes no sense. She described him holding it with one hand and swinging either down or in a backhanded motion. Or one line said he swung the bat "backwards" (whatever that means). That's not the way a baseball player would have used a bat in a fight IMHO.

ETA: The part about how he swung the bat is on this page:
83305507_1506300372866308_3023778356454752256_n.jpg

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Glad you brought this up, I was thinking about the baseball bat earlier. Was it Tylee’s bat? Did she play baseball? Other than Charles, did anyone in the household play baseball? Was it a relic left over from his semi-pro days? With the many, recent moves, was it displayed/kept as memorabilia? Since Charles was not yet living there, why was there a metal bat in the house?

It's not that some details are different between Lori and Alex. It's two different stories. Lori describes Alex and Charles fighting, Charles hitting Alex with a bat while they are on the ground, then hearing a shot. Alex claims something completely different, that Lori left and took children to school, when Charles came at him again, and that's when Charles hit him with a bat. And that's when Alex went into bedroom, came out with a gun, and shot Charles. The stories don't match, and I don't believe it's due to any adrenaline affecting memory.

Justin Lum just commented that it is still unknown if Alex' girlfriend, whose son JL found Alex, is the same person Alex supposedly married in Vegas (ZP):

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Yikes! That didn't even occur to me. Alex could have been married and have a "girlfriend" too. I hope Justin is working to make contact with ZP (AC's wife), if nothing else, to verify that she is alive and well. :confused:

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members