Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When grandpa is talking about a federally tracked prescription, imo he is talking about a ritalin(sp) type drug. I am a chronic pain patient. My prescription has to be hand written on a different type of prescription pad. Each refill requires a new prescription, so I get 3 different prescriptions for 3 months of the same medication. These can not be called in . Not sure but maybe referring to the fact he hasn't been back to the doctor for more refills and perhaps pharmacy called and said hey this one hasn't been picked up. I am really guessing...

MOO - has anyone else considered this? There seems to be one "family member" who actually legally isn't, who is saying most of the nasty stuff about Lori. There is the possibility it's not true. She has a biological tie to one of the children and reason to be upset since JULY. If she has been talking trash, out of grief, to any and everyone since then it would bring in a lot of the weirdness that seems to have everyone sidetracked.
When I was a kid, every LDS member had to have one year of food on hand. I don't know if this is still true. Unless you are LDS, you won't understand their beliefs. If you take all that out, what is left?
Adoptive vs birthparent family dispute with plenty of hurt feelings. The last siteing is just the last time the boy was at school. And there are so many reasons that school may not have been a good fit for a special needs child. The school would have reported anything amiss, as so many have pointed out, and it seems they have not.
Maybe their judgement was lacking, but they both tragically lost spouces, they were long time friends, heck maybe they thought by getting married Lori had a better chance of keeping custody of JJ if that is in fact something that is on the line. No one has heard their side, or even much from LE. Sure, they could be huge jerks. But, you can be a jerk and not be a murderer.
Like I said, moo.

But the grandparents had no power because I presume JJ was officially adopted by Charles and Lori. I think it's more connected to Charles untimely demise because both children were in the house when that happened. Especially the 17 year old, she could have known a lot more about these various incidents (her biological father dying from supposed heart attack, Charles dying after being shot by Lori's brother, then guy married to Lori's niece being shot at).
Correct. They have no power, but they were in contact with JJ periodically. It was bio grandma's brother that was killed in July (Charles) so I'm thinking (MOO) that there is a possibility that they are upset about Charles' death, and disagree with Lori's religious views and new affiliations and wanted to challenge custody by thinking that Lori was unfit or dangerous. this is the family dispute that I see as possible and likely regarding the history there. It was also likely that it was the bio grandparents who asked for the welfare check. Maybe they put the kids in hiding to keep them away from that end of the family? Having toxic in-laws myself, I know that sometimes mama bear instinct kick in. I dislike that they lied and ran - but this is a possibility and one that I think is far better than anything nefarious happening to those kids.

Correct. They have no power, but they were in contact with JJ periodically. It was bio grandma's brother that was killed in July (Charles) so I'm thinking (MOO) that there is a possibility that they are upset about Charles' death, and disagree with Lori's religious views and new affiliations and wanted to challenge custody by thinking that Lori was unfit or dangerous. this is the family dispute that I see as possible and likely regarding the history there. It was also likely that it was the bio grandparents who asked for the welfare check. Maybe they put the kids in hiding to keep them away from that end of the family? Having toxic in-laws myself, I know that sometimes mama bear instinct kick in. I dislike that they lied and ran - but this is a possibility and one that I think is far better than anything nefarious happening to those kids.
Who exactly wouldn't be upset if their brother was killed? And the guy who killed him claimed self-defense, and brother was dead and couldn't present his side of the story? By the way Lori is much younger than Charles, and I wonder how old the brother was? If he is similar in age to Lori, he would also be much younger than Charles. And how believable is it that Charles would attack Lori's brother was a baseball bat? I don't see grandparents as toxic whatsoever. And if they asked for welfare check for the grandchild, how would it be wrong? After all the child is missing and nowhere to be found. He is special needs and on medication. And by the way grandparents have no biological connection to Tylee, so they certainly wouldn't be asking to have custody of her. What would be the point of hiding her?

MOO - has anyone else considered this?

It isn't just one family member. It's the sister of Charles/bio grandmother of JJ along with her husband (JJ's grandfather, which we can count as one rather than two if you want). But also BB, the guy who got shot at and was married to Lori's niece, IIRC.

MOO. However, I have also wondered the same thing. I don't think we know who called the police with a concern about having not heard from the kids, but my assumption (don't think I've read her claim it anywhere) that it was the bio grandmother. If there was nothing there then the parents could have arrange for police somewhere to see the kids and that they are okay and presumably all of this would go away. Instead they appear to have lied to the police and then gone into hiding. I'm not sure how you can resolve their actions with this being a nothing burger caused by one family member. At a minimum, they've taken an nothing burger and made it into a big deal.

Last edited:
MOO - has anyone else considered this? There seems to be one "family member" who actually legally isn't, who is saying most of the nasty stuff about Lori. There is the possibility it's not true. She has a biological tie to one of the children and reason to be upset since JULY. If she has been talking trash, out of grief, to any and everyone since then it would bring in a lot of the weirdness that seems to have everyone sidetracked.
When I was a kid, every LDS member had to have one year of food on hand. I don't know if this is still true. Unless you are LDS, you won't understand their beliefs. If you take all that out, what is left?
Adoptive vs birthparent family dispute with plenty of hurt feelings. The last siteing is just the last time the boy was at school. And there are so many reasons that school may not have been a good fit for a special needs child. The school would have reported anything amiss, as so many have pointed out, and it seems they have not.
Maybe their judgement was lacking, but they both tragically lost spouces, they were long time friends, heck maybe they thought by getting married Lori had a better chance of keeping custody of JJ if that is in fact something that is on the line. No one has heard their side, or even much from LE. Sure, they could be huge jerks. But, you can be a jerk and not be a murderer.
Like I said, moo.
I think "most of the nasty stuff" being said about LV and CD is being stated by the PD investigating LV's missing children and CD's wife who died under mysterious circumstances. It's way too easy in this day and age to provide proof of life of those kids without revealing their location. There is NO good reason we don't have proof of life besides the obvious, tragic reason. IMO.

I dislike that they lied and ran - but this is a possibility and one that I think is far better than anything nefarious happening to those kids.

RSBM

I agree to a point. But, why lie and run? Why not just produce/prove healthy children to LE and then hire an attorney to "fight" ex-husband's family? I mean, they appear to be hiding behind an attorney now anyway... and it only seems to be getting worse the longer they hide. JMO

RSBM

I agree to a point. But, why lie and run? Why not just produce/prove healthy children to LE and then hire an attorney to "fight" ex-husband's family? I mean, they appear to be hiding behind an attorney now anyway... and it only seems to be getting worse from a legal standpoint. JMO
And bio grandparents haven't said anything about wanting custody. Grandfather is 73, not exactly spring chicken. Child is special needs. Chances of custody awarded to grandparents would be slim to none. Grandparents initially had custody of the child and then let Charles to adopt him. They could have kept the child to begin with if they really wanted to have custody of him.

I think "most of the nasty stuff" being said about LV and CD is being stated by the PD investigating LV's missing children and CD's wife who died under mysterious circumstances. It's way too easy in this day and age to provide proof of life of those kids without revealing their location. There is NO good reason we don't have proof of life besides the obvious, tragic reason. IMO.
What proof could they give without someone else seeing the children in person and knowing their location? Even photos can be altered these days. I'm pretty sure a wellness check requires actually laying eyes on the person.

I wonder how Grandpa knows this. From LE or does he know directly from the pharmacy. I’m just hoping it isn’t accurate! But.... suffice to say, even if they got his prescription filled just before they went on the lam, it would have ran out by now and that is one that needs a new rx every time it is filled. So unless he is seeing a new doctor somewhere, he’s not on those meds, which will make a tense and stressful situation even worse. :(

I don't know how extreme these folks are as preppers, or how long they've been prepping, but one thing that some preppers will do with medication, when possible, is to regularly get more per rx than the patient actually needs, so that the extra can be accumulated.

For example, if a patient needed two pills a day, they might request that the rx be written as if the patient actually needs three pills per day. A like-minded doctor might accommodate them while knowing what they are doing, or they can simply describe the symptoms as worse than they actually are, to get the rx for the extra amount.

Or, I hope not, but they could also ration the pills so the patient gets less than needed but it lasts longer, but keep refilling on schedule, and accumulate extra that way.

I hope there can be a standing search for JJ's renewals so that it creates an alert when refilled even if that's months from now.

What proof could they give without someone else seeing the children in person and knowing their location? Even photos can be altered these days. I'm pretty sure a wellness check requires actually laying eyes on the person.
Well, if the kid is sitting in bunker somewhere, they could have gone there, brought the kid out, and shown the kid to the police, I suppose.

Yes when one is in public school that's how it occurs, but as a homeschool student she could have started the high school level material earlier. With one student it moves quicker than with a whole classroom. It's just a very different format.
True, though from what the friend posting here says there wasn’t much schooling going on. Who knows though!

We homeschool and while it's not uncommon for homeschooled students to graduate early,
it would be rare, from my experiences, to see a homeschool student graduate at 15 and not continue on a career path.

What I've heard of, for early graduates, is enrolling in college early, starting a trade, or following a passion that is career focused. I'm sure there are exceptions, there always are. I'm not sure if there's any mention of Tylee persuing something else, because it might just be totally irrelevant, but it wouldnt be usual for a 15 year old to just stop. Her referencing a highschool theater department makes this look a bit more normal, imo. Perhaps she completed her academics requirements, but was allowed to take theater at a local highschool? I don't know, but I found that information reassuring.

I don't have information about Tylee specifically, but hopefully this provides some insight into what's a bit more usual in the homeschool community, at least from my experiences.

Edit:. I still think the situation looks pretty dire for the children. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm struggling to understand why you wouldn't produce evidence that your children were ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member