ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone took him on 9th street, I just can’t believe that nobody saw it. That street dead ends on the opposite end from where MJ’s house is. It’s not a street people just drive down for no reason, usually. I think that’s part of the reason we never worried about the kids playing. My kids went from house to house playing with their neighborhood friends all the time.

My heart aches for MJ’s family.

Where are you, little one?

I live about 45 min. SE of Fruitland, have not been to the area, but if it's anything like our area, lots of farms between subdivisions, lots of canals and plenty of places for a child to "be lost". Praying daily for this child, his family and those involved in the search. We have an awful lot of truckers along the 84 too, and I fear some of them might not have good intentions. :-(

If someone took him on 9th street, I just can’t believe that nobody saw it. That street dead ends on the opposite end from where MJ’s house is. It’s not a street people just drive down for no reason, usually. I think that’s part of the reason we never worried about the kids playing. My kids went from house to house playing with their neighborhood friends all the time.

My heart aches for MJ’s family.

Where are you, little one?

You would be surprised at how easy and quick it is to snatch a child without anyone noticing and then poof, they're gone. Michael Dunahee, 4 years old, was snatched in a park full of people when his mother turned away for just a second and Adam Walsh was in a crowded department store with his parents when he got abducted.

I'm thinking that because the presser publicity seems so low key, that we won't learn much. They may just want to update the locals. Idk.

@sassyblue , are you going to the presser?
I have been DH's unwilling hostage all day. And although he said he was going to a car dealership in Fruitland he discovered there was no need. So no press conference for me. Did they say anything positive in the conference?

ETA all caught up so will watch the PC myself. So disheartening!

Last edited:
Do you all remember maybe 18 months or so ago...a little blonde haired girl who walked out of her own yard into the woods with her dog? I think she was 3 and her gma was babysitting? They found her safe. Does anyone remember how many days she was lost in the woods?

The positive bit from the press conference was that the police chief feels there is no shortage of resources. All the FLIR drones, dog teams, investigative support has been “monumental”.

I just get the sense from LE that the area was really very thoroughly searched and it’s not the kind of challenging terrain where you couldn’t feel confident about that. Especially after draining the canals. Which leaves very unlikely possibilities.

- getting to the river (which is being searched but JMO can probably never be thoroughly searched)
- abduction
- other foul play
- got stuck or hurt or drowned elsewhere in the neighborhood and against the odds still not found.

So scary. Grateful the FBI has been involved and the local PD has availed themselves of expertise and resources from all across the country. Praying for little MJ.

Just watched the presser, my heart breaks for the parents.

I want to take them in my arms and provide what little comfort I can.
I can't imagine what they are going through. The dad seems like he will break at any moment and the mom is hanging on to her sister and husband to give her strength to speak up.
Devastating.

Did anyone see him leave? Or was he discovered missing from the inside or outside the house? What was he doing when he was last seen. Playing in his room of front yard? Watching tv or playing a video game?

I also have a lot of questions. Everything I know I have read on this thread or in the few MSM articles and broadcasts. He was last seen on the street near his home at about 6:30, but has anyone seen any details about how he happened to be there -- if he slipped away from home or if he was outside playing and didn't return home? Just wondering when his family first realized he was missing. I'm not on Facebook, or any other SM, and have wondered if there are more details there (not rumors, but facts.)

From what BytheSea has told us, Fruitland seems to be a very nice small town where children can safely play outside and walk through the neighborhood alone; like a throwback to an earlier time. This is the way I grew up, many years ago, but in today's world, sadly, I don't think there are any safe places. As time goes by it really does seem like a probable abduction. Prayers for him and for his family.

Yes that’s the one, thank you. Darn it though, I remembered it incorrectly as being days of her surviving out there alone. I was hoping this little “Monkey” could do the same. Too many kids are going missing. :(
Totally agree! Especially bolded!
@Trackergd stated General rule of thumb is 3 days without water for a missing subject. So true!
It's been 4 full days now!
Where is this baby!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members