ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, from the photos of this child that are being released it is clear that they have a suspicion that this child might possibly have been trafficked and abused or possibly show up in some child abuse material.

^RSBM

Welcome to Websleuths!

Can you expand on why you feel the photos being released mean they suspect trafficking or abuse material?

A child of that age did not likely die from a freak accident wandering away from their house...

Unfortunately, one thing that I’ve learned from being on this site is even adults have unlikely and bizarre accidents. Things like falling into water. There was a child not long ago that was hiding in a toy chest and suffocated. Kids his age are curious and can get themselves into trouble unfortunately. Although I do agree that if they have decent photos, they should be released unless they believe it would pose some risk to Monkey.

Here is an RSO of interest to me in this case:
Idaho State Police - SOR Sex Offender Details
  • This Fruitland RSO is registered as living on S. Whitley (the same street and same direction that the blue Dodge turned right onto after leaving Monkey’s neighborhood).
  • He just failed his verification on October 14th and is now non-compliant.
  • He is still on probation after pleading guilty to lewd conduct with a minor under the age of 16 in Ada County in 2015.

• This Fruitland RSO is registered as living on S. Whitley (the same street and same direction that the blue Dodge turned right onto after leaving Monkey’s neighborhood).
  • He is still on probation after pleading guilty to lewd conduct with a minor under the age of 16 in Ada County in 2015.
Are they unable to locate him?

Are they unable to locate him?
I am not 100% sure but I believe that is what that means when it says failed address verification and non compliant. The procedure in statute is to send an address verification mailer that must be returned in 7 days. The next step is for the sheriff’s office to visit to verify the address.

So it’s a question for Payette County Sheriff’s office and I hope Idaho media will ask.

Chapter 83 – Idaho State Legislature

More, you are good.

All his other addresses were in Boise. However two separate times he lived in Nevada.

Thanks for finding this.

The article posted above this describes a separate case that appears to be unrelated to this case.
There has been no indication from LE that there is any connection so at this time, discussion of it is off topic in this thread.
Please move on.

Here's the latest update from the Fruitland Police. They have identified the blue Dodge Avenger and the jogger. They still need help identifying the white Honda Pilot and the man with dark hair wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts.

10-22-21
Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.

Since our last update, the Fruitland Police Department, the Idaho State Police, and the FBI have continued the search for missing 5-year-old Michael Vaughan. Tips are coming in and they are being followed up on. To date, the total number of tips received is 530 through the tip lines and the tips are being assigned to investigators for follow up.

We want to thank our citizens for your help in identifying the owner /driver of the blue Dodge Avenger, and let you know that our officers were also able to identify the man seen jogging in the area where Michael went missing.

Although we have made progress, we are still asking the public’s assistance with the identification of the driver of a 2016-2020 model year, white, Honda Pilot seen leaving the area on SW8th St. around 6:47pm. We also still need help with the identification of the male adult with dark hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts seen walking off of Sw8th St., down into the park area past the splash pad, towards the lower drainage behind the neighborhoods.

Once again, it’s very important to understand that these people are not suspects or persons of interest, but it is important to talk to each of them to help us complete the picture of the events that took place that evening. Every day we are combing through surveillance videos and other data, generating and working leads, as well as, working the tips coming in from the tips lines. It will take time. We want our citizens to know that this law enforcement team has not stopped working since the day Michael went missing and will continue to work until he is home safe. This is a very active investigation at all levels and is ongoing.

Further, Michael is our priority and we’ll continue to post updates as new information is available. A reward of $40,000.00 has been established for anyone having information leading to the safe return of Michael to his family. We hope that the reward motivates those with information to come forward and help bring Michael home to his family. This reward is available to anyone having information leading us to the safe return of Michael and is available until November 15, 2021.

We continue to ask that you remain vigilant and please share the poster linked here.
https://www.fruitland.org/…/VAUGHAN_MICHAEL_JOSEPH_POSTER_(…, and to keep him in your prayers.

Please follow this page for more updates as they’re available.

The Honda Pilot in the surveillance video has headlights that look more like 2016-2018 rather than 2019-2020 style. The hub caps or wheels look more like 2017 or 2018 than 2016 to me. My guess is that it’s a 2017 or possibly 2018 model EX or EX-L because those trim levels have body color door handles as in the surveillance video (white).
the other 2017 trim levels have black or chrome door handles: 2017 Honda Pilot Specifications & Features

Last edited:
So what happens if LE is able to identify the man with the dark hair and the white Honda Pilot? Are they back to square one?

I really hope that they are far from square one and are just looking for/putting pressure on additional witnesses to come forward. Maybe they just need a tiny bit more to get probable cause for a warrant. I hope!!!

I really hope that they are far from square one and are just looking for/putting pressure on additional witnesses to come forward. Maybe they just need a tiny bit more to get probable cause for a warrant. I hope!!!
Who would they be obtaining a warrant for? Do you think they have a POI right now? Curious if you think it is someone known to the family? Sorry for all the questions :):)

Who would they be obtaining a warrant for? Do you think they have a POI right now? Curious if you think it is someone known to the family? Sorry for all the questions :):)
I don’t know, but I certainly hope they have a POI by now. They have tons of data about who was in the neighborhood and when. I believe this public call for information was to bolster the existing case, by:
  • ruling out the only remaining loose ends (so they can say that their poi was the only person with means)
  • identifying or putting pressure on additional witnesses
  • possibly putting pressure on the POI/ encouraging the poi or people close to the poi to communicate about this alert (communications that may be monitored or obtained with a warrant)
We all know that the POI is usually known to the family. But there certainly are the cases where that is not the case. The police and even media have hardly reported a thing about the hours before Michael went missing. I am still open-minded. There are TONS of RSO’s around there so all worth exploring. But I do not think LE believes this is an abduction. They are just not acting like that. ETA: Ever since they shut down the briefings, they have acted like they are doggedly and privately pursuing a criminal investigation. Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member