ID - Ricky Eugene Weaver charged w/Solicitation for Murder, Elmore County, Dec 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
48393979_10156387581526026_3311098551727030272_n.jpg

****PRESS RELEASE****
Sheriff Hollinshead

On December 20th, Elmore County Sheriff’s Detectives completed their investigation and received a warrant for the arrest of Mr. Ricky Eugene Weaver on a single count of Solicitation for Murder.

At approximately 8:00 PM, December 20th, the Elmore County Detectives along with the Elmore County Special Response Team (SRT) arrested Mr. Weaver at his residence in Mountain Home when they executed a No-Knock search warrant.

Mr. Weaver was taken into custody and booked into the Elmore County Jail on the warrant with additional charges for Battery on a Peace Officer and Resisting Arrest.

Mr. Weaver is currently being held on a $1,000,000 bond for the Solicitation charge and $10,000 for the Battery charge.

The Sheriff’s Office will not release any detail regarding the targeted victim’s identity to protect their privacy.

This is an on-going investigation. No further details are available at this time.

Elmore County Sheriff Idaho

There is a LE record of REW's attempt of strangulation and battery in May 2018
Booking Number: 2018-56146
Incarceration Date: 5/20/2018
The photo used in media for this current arrest is from May LE records.
Am unable to provide the link from outside the US, so leave for y'all to check.
If he's been charged with solicitation, then I ask was he attempting to solicit a killer to fulfill his desire, rather than someone else's?

W
48393979_10156387581526026_3311098551727030272_n.jpg

****PRESS RELEASE****
Sheriff Hollinshead

On December 20th, Elmore County Sheriff’s Detectives completed their investigation and received a warrant for the arrest of Mr. Ricky Eugene Weaver on a single count of Solicitation for Murder.

At approximately 8:00 PM, December 20th, the Elmore County Detectives along with the Elmore County Special Response Team (SRT) arrested Mr. Weaver at his residence in Mountain Home when they executed a No-Knock search warrant.

Mr. Weaver was taken into custody and booked into the Elmore County Jail on the warrant with additional charges for Battery on a Peace Officer and Resisting Arrest.

Mr. Weaver is currently being held on a $1,000,000 bond for the Solicitation charge and $10,000 for the Battery charge.

The Sheriff’s Office will not release any detail regarding the targeted victim’s identity to protect their privacy.

This is an on-going investigation. No further details are available at this time.

Elmore County Sheriff Idaho
Why do people think this is related to KB and PF? Curious MOO

W

Folks were sleuthing to solicitation arrest in the area of Twin Falls, where we learned just today that they had been serving warrants. This came up. When the article was first published, they did not state that it was not related to the current case. So people were just sleuthing for about 30 minutes on the threads until they came out with the statement that it wasn't related to the current case. Moo

W

Because this guy was arrested somewhat close to the location of KB's phone ping. But Idaho LE have clarified it is not related. Just another dirt bag who also allegedly tried to recruit someone to murder another person. JMO.

Thanks everyone for the updates on this case.

Ive been following the KB case closely and the coincidence of the news of the charges in this case happening around the time of charges in the KB case are very coincidental.

From what it appears now, it does seem like just a separate bad dude.

We will have to keep an eye on this case though just in case it somehow ties back to KB case in any way or fashion.

Scary stuff. Its getting to the point where Im wondering who may be plotting my death at this moment. :)

Thanks everyone for the updates on this case.

Ive been following the KB case closely and the coincidence of the news of the charges in this case happening around the time of charges in the KB case are very coincidental.

From what it appears now, it does seem like just a separate bad dude.

We will have to keep an eye on this case though just in case it somehow ties back to KB case in any way or fashion.

Scary stuff. Its getting to the point where Im wondering who may be plotting my death at this moment. :)
I agree. Not related.

2/11/2019 Arraignment and Motion Hearing, Case CR20-18-03766
Criminal Solicitation to Commit a Crime I18-2001 {F}

Current motions:
2/5/2019 Motion to Disqualify Judge
2/5/2019 Objection to Motion to Disqualify Judge
2/6/2019 Motion for Bond Reduction

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Did you have to sign up to see this? I tried to get into it, but I cannot. I'd like to try to get into it, but do I have to register Perhaps do a screenshot of something?

Motion to disqualify the judge, would love to read more about that one.

Thank you for the link!

Did you have to sign up to see this? I tried to get into it, but I cannot. I'd like to try to get into it, but do I have to register Perhaps do a screenshot of something?

Motion to disqualify the judge, would love to read more about that one.

Thank you for the link!
No, I didn't have to sign up. Just click on "Smart Search" at the bottom left of the screen. At the next screen you'll be asked to enter a case number or name and complete a captcha code. Just in case it doesn't work for you, though... :)

Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.53.49.png Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.54.00.png Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.54.12.png
Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.54.22.png Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.54.36.png Screenshot 2019-02-10 09.59.13.png

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Last edited:
Weaver arraigned
On Feb. 11 Ricky Eugene Weaver appeared in court for arraignment in two cases. The first case is on a felony charge of solicitation to commit first degree murder. Weaver pled not guilty to the charge and a trial date has been set for June 18 with Judge Nancy Baskin presiding.

Defense attorney Michael Crawford made a motion for bond to be reduced based off of Weaver being a long time resident who owns a business in the community. Prosecutor Daniel Page argued that due to the nature of the charges and the fact that Weaver was charged with failure to appear in 2014 his bond should not be reduced. Judge Baskin agreed and denied Crawford’s motion.

In the second case Weaver is facing four separate charges: aggravated assault on a peace officer, resisting or obstructing arrest, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Weaver pled not guilty and the case is set for a jury trial on July 18.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back