Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article speaks to capital homicide:

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/idaho-law/idaho-capital-punishment-laws.html

" Definition of Capital Homicide

Murder committed by person guilty of a previous conviction of another murder; knowingly created great risk of death; committed for remuneration; especially heinous, atrocious or cruel; circumstances show utter disregard for human life; murder of 1st degree with specific intent to cause death; propensity to commit murder, i.e., a continuing threat to society; murder of former/present peace officer, judicial officer, executive officer, officer of the court, fireman, prosecuting attorney for reasons relating to the performance of their official duties; murder of witness in criminal or civil proceeding; murder committed during perpetration of arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem and defendant killed, intended to kill, or acted with reckless indifference to human life; murder while escaping or attempting to escape from a penal institution "

RSBM

5 days ago they say they know it was not random, spur of the moment, but now it was random?

So bizarre

Yes bizarre. I can't make sense of it. There must be something going on behind the scenes, the nature of which they don't want to become known. The road rage story sure seems fabricated. Maybe Hutto was long known to LE and was in fact supposed to be watched, or they had been warned about him but did nothing, or not enough to prevent this senseless murder. just my speculation moo

If the lack of information from the law enforcement means that these monsters will have a greater chance to be convicted with a low chance of appeal then I'm all for it!

I know this seems odd but I am hoping that the second person will be charged with capital homicide. Just hoping and thinking...

Here's something outside of the box.

What if - Bo had gone to this sale - maybe at lunchhour that day. What if he mentioned to Hutto that it looked like everything was stolen goods and maybe
someone should notify the police.

Is it possible that he was followed out of work that night to stop Bo from telling?

I know this is way out there but I just can't believe the road rage scenerio. It seems fabricated and seems to minimize the situation by removing the possibility
of premeditation.

Just my thoughts...

After I heard the rumors of the shady business that Hutto was running, I had briefly considered this as well. It would definitely provide a more feasible motive than road rage, in my opinion.

But Bo was a smart guy. Had he gone to view this TV at Hutto's residence (which I highly doubt, they weren't in need of a TV and Bo wasn't one to look for deals online for used items) and noticed that things didn't seem right, he wouldn't have confronted Hutto and/or his associate there. He would have said he'll consider buying, and then left and called the police when he was safely away and sure he wasn't being followed.

Just my $.02. It's still a very interesting theory.

Sending a warm welcome to our new posters. Thank you so much for your insightful and compassionate posts.
You are greatly appreciated. :thewave:
Awe...Zencompass you are so sweet :) Yes, welcome....imho everyone here wants justice for Bo!
#JusticeforBo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have three ideas that I am working in my head....

I wonder if the unidentified suspect is an informant on drug cases or involved in some federal drug cases and needs to be protected from higher ups in the local drug trade. . Although Hotto doesn't look like a meth user to me, I wonder if he was involved in drug sales/trafficking. IF (and I know it is a speculative "if") Hotto and this second person had been involved in drug trafficking and the second person didn't want to be a part of the whole abduction, robbery and killing, they might be keeping them safe from associates who knew of his/her relationship to Hotto and know that the second person is turning fed evidence side.

My other thought is that they might had been desperate to get access to drugs. Cruising the hospital at shift time means they might have thought they would pick out a doctor or someone who had access to drugs or prescription pads. With no drugs on Mr. Kirk, they settled on robbing him and killing him.

Federal protection makes sense if the second person is a well-known local informant and also well-known to associates of Hotto who might harm him/her to keep drug dealers safe. Hotto doesn't seem like the cooperative type and he seems to be the one with the visual of the cameras at the ATMs. I wonder if the second person has some ties to LE (informant or potential informant) and got caught in the s*&! storm that Hotto put into motion that night.

I have three ideas that I am working in my head....

I wonder if the unidentified suspect is an informant on drug cases or involved in some federal drug cases and needs to be protected from higher ups in the local drug trade. . Although Hotto doesn't look like a meth user to me, I wonder if he was involved in drug sales/trafficking. IF (and I know it is a speculative "if") Hotto and this second person had been involved in drug trafficking and the second person didn't want a part of the whole abduction, robbery and killing, they might be keeping them safe from associates who knew of his/her relationship to Hotto and know that the second person is turning fed evidence side.

My other thought is that they might have been desperate to get access to drugs. Cruising the hospital at shift time means they might have thought they would pick out a doctor or someone who had access to drugs or prescription pads. With no drugs on Mr. Kirk, they settled on robbing him and killing him.

Federal protection makes sense if the second person is a well-known local informant and also well-known to associates of Hotto who might harm him/her to keep drug dealers safe. Hotto doesn't seem like the cooperative type and he seems to be the one with the visual of the cameras at the ATMs. I wonder if the second person has some ties to LE (informant or potential informant) and got caught in the s*&! storm that Hotto put into motion that night.

This might be a bit out there but going off your post, what if suspect number 2 was DEH's dealer? DEH did pass the money from the ATM to the person in the passenger seat. He may have gone along for the ride unaware what DEH had done to Bo, just to collect what was owed to him? Or he may have got caught up in it but didn't really care, being a dealer and all. (just thinking out loud)

Thank you Steelman, that is very kind of you to let us know. The news saddens my heart.

Rest in Peace beautiful Lindsey.

So you're saying Mr Kirk went to Hutto's house to buy a tv? He was expected at home with ice cream and to take his son on a fall outing. You think he would have called home. I know of several people who had bought items from this never ending yard sale. They all say the 2 guys who run it look pretty seedy but that someone would have spotted Mr Kirk's, may he rest in peace, truck if he had been there. Also the paper read the LE stated this crime "had all the hallmarks of an inside job."
I don't think Bo ever went over there either. What I see is desperation is DEH's post, trying to evoke sympathy by mention his meds and it gives off such a bad vibe that he says his phone's not working. Just so shady. I think DEH was desperate for money. The ad has given me the creeps since I laid eyes on it. It is amazing to me that a guy living there less than 8 months suddenly has all this stuff to sell.

The first MSM link brings up the second guy with a really interesting tidbit. Where did JB get two mopeds?

http://www.khq.com/clip/12870545/who-is-the-second-person-arrested-in-bo-kirk-murder-investigation

I am waiting to see if they change the 2nd to first degree for both guys. I think the DA is stalling because their first goal was to get these guys behind bars, held while they build their case and away from the public with a bond big enough to hold them. They have to have so many pieces to still go through. This case moved so fast and I think they LE and DA have just scratched the surface.

http://www.khq.com/clip/12870566/bo-kirk-murder-investigation-first-or-second-degree-murder

The police nor the media always tell the whole truth in any case I've followed. Typically with the police, it's on a need to know basis. Usually they don't need the public's help identifying a vehicle, or even the person in the video, yet they ask for the public's help, which in turn brings in tips about that vehicle or person that LE might not yet know. It may help LE fill in the time line leading up to the crime or the actions of the perp after the crime. **Side note, I watched too much POI and therefore do believe the govt has LOTS more information on each of us than is known. Yet to bring that information into a case, or court, they must have supporting information for search warrants, etc.**

Sometimes LE releases information to put pressure on a perp they are watching. And in far too many cases, LE is quiet and we hear nothing of substance in order for the public to help in solving the case. Sadly in those cases we see them turn to cold cases, and aren't solved for years, decades even...

There was a case in NH where a teenager was abducted and held captive for 9 months. There was VERY little information released in that case. The state knew she was abducted, and not a runaway, but they had no idea who had her, or where. We weren't told that the girl was able to send letters to her Mom, nor what the letters said. We weren't told that the first letter that we did know about, the teenager had tried to get a secret message into and the perp caught it. But...I think in that case, the state was desperately trying to not upset the perp, and again, had no idea who the perp was. It was only because of the sheer determination of the teenager to survive, and the perp releasing her that the case was solved.

Media is worried about MONEY, period. The more viewers, the quickest to get the story out, the more money for the station. In their rush, much of what is stated is often not correct once we hear the details at a trial. Rarely does a MSM outlet correct their articles even if family says it's wrong. Media is typically who files a FOIA to get the search warrants and gain some insight into the crime and make their report. However, even then, their interpretation of the documents isn't always the way it was intended. Statements are taken out of context for instance. And of course the headliner must be a viewer catcher.....gotta get that attention. The more sensational the article can be written, some MSM outlets will go for it!!!!!

Now, most of this is all my opinion from years of following cases here. I believe I've been here since '08, so have seen, and heard a lot of cases..

My prayers continue for Bo and his family, coworkers, and friends. Such a senseless tragedy. We SHOULD have the assumption that we are safe going to and from work, going to a movie, going out for a drink, walking to watch the stars at night, etc. yet sadly we aren't safe anywhere. Evil is always lurking, waiting on it's opportunity.

I don't remember reading where Bo was going to get icecream. Was it a treat just for himself? Was he planning on stopping at a grocery store and picking up a half gallon for the family? Or a local shop and taking home blizzards or whatever for everyone? For some reason, in my mind, I wonder if Bo did indeed get to the icecream place. Whether the grocery store or an ice cream parlor, and while getting back in the truck, was distracted with getting the ice cream in, his mind on getting home, and their plans for that evening, etc., and was ambushed at that point. IMO, he was already in the truck wherever he was when ambushed. I think if he had been walking to the truck, or away from the truck, someone would have seen a scene and remembered it. Loud yelling, fighting to get free, etc. But when caught off guard, with mind occupied, our reflexes and reactions to events aren't the same. The adrenaline is pumping, but fight or flight is compromised by the lack of ability to do either. Survival seems to become the leading force, and we do whatever our minds have us believe will have the best outcome of surviving.

Again JMO!

This link has a list of all of DEH's crimes in South Carolina: http://www.krem.com/news/local/2-on...s-and-convictions-in-south-carolina/345741577

So I wonder what made him pick Idaho to move to? Did he know JB before he moved all the way over here?

Sure is a lot of convictions with very little prison time. This guy has been given chance after chance after chance and yet never learned to abide by the law. Cases like this tick me off. If only the TRUE sentencing had reflected the convictions and NONE suspended, maybe he would have still been locked up!!

And I don't know the attraction to Idaho. My brother was a bail bondsman for years there. Lots of repeat offenders and clients from every single state! Still no idea the attraction. I don't know about the second perp, but wouldn't surprise me if they are related, or met in jail at some time, or had like criminal pasts. Who knows at this point.

Sure is a lot of convictions with very little prison time. This guy has been given chance after chance after chance and yet never learned to abide by the law. Cases like this tick me off. If only the TRUE sentencing had reflected the convictions and NONE suspended, maybe he would have still been locked up!!

And I don't know the attraction to Idaho. My brother was a bail bondsman for years there. Lots of repeat offenders and clients from every single state! Still no idea the attraction. I don't know about the second perp, but wouldn't surprise me if they are related, or met in jail at some time, or had like criminal pasts. Who knows at this point.
Not surprised to see the burglary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

His name only came up a couple of times. The other person called out constantly with initials RT must be upset also. People are still saying that he is the second suspect even when it has been published that he's not in custody and Hutto's roommate is. Pretty scary how people on social media can start a witch hunt with zero evidence to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoenStacey1961