If there is a hung jury do you think the prosecutors will retry the case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

In the case of a hung jury, do you think prosecutors will retry the case?

• Yes

Votes: 223 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
I am not worried in the least about a hung jury.

"Didn't report her child missing until 31 days later when confronted by Mother and LE."

This says it all and it won't get any better for KC; it is all downhill from there.

For anyone that is interested, there may be a serial killer on the loose in Jennings, LA. 7 victims, all young women, in 3 years. They could use some help. See the forum.

Thanks for pointing out the forum on the Jennings serial killer. I don't live too very far from there. Of course, it has been in the news, but not every day. I didn't even think to see if there would be a forum here on the topic. I'll look for it now.

they will retry her till the cows come home. till pigs fly, till the sun refuses to shine, to the end of time...and then some.

I've not posted this publicly... but I'm terrified of the possibility of a hung jury, or a mistrial.

seriously, don't worry about it....she will never get out of jail alive.

personally i don't have that much faith in juries either ( see OJ, MJ, Spector, and that other hollywood weasel who shot his crummy wife), but she'll never walk, you can count on it.

I don't even think the supreme court would have the gaul to free her, but I'm probably wrong on that.

I voted yes. But I dont think they will have a problem convicting her the first time:)

If there is a hung jury do you think the prosecutors will retry the case?

First, I hope there isn't a hung jury. Second, public outcry alone might force the SA to retry the case. I think they would retry the case regardless. They seem that committed to justice for Caylee.

There is another thread that I can't find at the moment that asks what the most difficult part of the case the SA has to overcome to prove their case. Frankly, I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer.

I had to re-read the subject of this thread because I was like huh? I am getting a little awe struck at the change in public perspective of this whole thing. It seems as though some johnny come lately's have arrived on the scene a little late and are questioning the guilt of Casey Anthony. On the web I read on naysayers, in the media I hear of naysayers, I mean....I just don't quite understand. Well I guess I do, and I suppose this is why the defense wants to p-r-o-l-o-n-g everything, because the more time that goes by.....the bigger the shift from guilty to not guilty.

Dare I bring up the OJ Simpson trial. I followed that from day one as well and in the begining I was like.....no way in h-e double hockey sticks this guy is not guilty. He is going to jail. But, there was that ONE juror with reasonable doubt...or more than one juror....but you get my point. NOT GUILTY. Not even a hung jury....they voted not guilty! So, I say lets get this trial started.
While it is fresh in the public's mind. So we don't have to worry about a hung jury or that one juror that can't convict.

I had to re-read the subject of this thread because I was like huh? I am getting a little awe struck at the change in public perspective of this whole thing. It seems as though some johnny come lately's have arrived on the scene a little late and are questioning the guilt of Casey Anthony. On the web I read on naysayers, in the media I hear of naysayers, I mean....I just don't quite understand. Well I guess I do, and I suppose this is why the defense wants to p-r-o-l-o-n-g everything, because the more time that goes by.....the bigger the shift from guilty to not guilty.

Dare I bring up the OJ Simpson trial. I followed that from day one as well and in the begining I was like.....no way in h-e double hockey sticks this guy is not guilty. He is going to jail. But, there was that ONE juror with reasonable doubt...or more than one juror....but you get my point. NOT GUILTY. Not even a hung jury....they voted not guilty! So, I say lets get this trial started.
While it is fresh in the public's mind. So we don't have to worry about a hung jury or that one juror that can't convict.

I think that all the "she's innocent" coming from newer members of the defense team isn't helping either. It's difficult to wrap your mind around how someone so seemingly guilty could possibly be innocent, so people start thinking. Then threads like this one pop up. I have my doubtful moments, no, more like seconds, but then I breathe and remember all the facts of the case, and I stop worrying. She's goin down!

I think that if there were to be a hung jury the prosecution would think it a gift ... then knowing the limitations of the defense ... and come back bigger an better than ever!

However, I do not think that there will be a hung jury ... I foresee only the verdict ... "We the jury find the defendant, guilty as charged, in the above entitled case, of the State of Florida v. Casey M. Anthony" ... Amen?

Also, if there is a mistrail and they chose to retry the case, does KC get held in jail until the retrial or is she set free for the time being?

Correct me if I'm wrong all of those who know more than me...but KC would STILL have to post bail IF BAIL was even offered, right?

Again, I for one, refuse to be pestimistic about this case. LE got a GJ to find probable cause to indite even before Caylee's body was found. Let's NOT FORGET that this does indeed speak volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!

If, and it's a big if, there is a hung jury, the case will be retried. The SA, LE, FBI and the public will not rest until KC is found guilty and placed behind bars, hopefully for life.

I'm in agreement that there would be a retrial. If there is a hung jury at the first trial, it means that at least some of the jurors found her guilty. And prosecution will then have the opportunity for fine-tune their strategies and will have seen any weaknesses in the defense.

Correct me if I'm wrong all of those who know more than me...but KC would STILL have to post bail IF BAIL was even offered, right?

Just a guess on my part, but if there is a mistrial the state would either have to retry or drop the charges. If the murder charges are not dropped, Casey would still be held without bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back