IF They Are Cleared..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the McCanns will ever be cleared because I just don't think Madeline will ever be found. I also don't believe the McCanns will be prosectuted for leaving their children unattended, but it may be a fitting punishment if they are never able to clear their names.

I don't think the McCanns will ever be cleared because I just don't think Madeline will ever be found. I also don't believe the McCanns will be prosectuted for leaving their children unattended, but it may be a fitting punishment if they are never able to clear their names.

I wonder why anyone thinks they're entitled to a pound of anyone else's flesh.

I wonder why anyone thinks they're entitled to a pound of anyone else's flesh.
Whatever.....is it so much better to pretend these parents simply overlooked the dangers in the world and throw full support behind them rather than putting what happened in the fore ground, come what may?

Someone is responsible for her disappearance. Until they are cleared by more than sweet hearts with so much more compassion than the rest of us, they are no less suspect than an alleged stranger.

Looking at the shifts that go back & forth like a windshield wiper, at the moment there is a return to the kidnap theory. The police are pursuing this while also believing that Madeleine died in the apt. on the evening of 3 May. This invites speculation about a kidnap gone wrong. It could even be that the fatal decision was made under the pressure of Gerry McCann entering 5A. His visit could have precipitated panic that caused harm to Madeleine. Especially if she began to come out of sleep.

Catriona Baker, the creche worker assigned to Madeleine after an initial intro, made a statement reported mid-Oct., that a strange man was lurking about 5A for days leading up to 3 May. I wonder if she related that to the McCanns. If so, it may be why Kate felt they were being watched or at least contributed to that sense.

Catriona Baker, the creche worker assigned to Madeleine after an initial intro, made a statement reported mid-Oct., that a strange man was lurking about 5A for days leading up to 3 May. I wonder if she related that to the McCanns. If so, it may be why Kate felt they were being watched or at least contributed to that sense.

Link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=487506&in_page_id=1770

Was just reading that the employees at the resort were told not to talk to customers about the break-ins and suspicious figures. And I was criticising MW for not affirmatively warning incomers about these problems!

I am confused by this. In this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=490691&in_page_id=1811

it indicates:

"A nanny who worked at the resort where Madeleine McCann disappeared has told detectives she saw a man lurking outside the family's apartment.

The woman contacted the McCanns' private detective agency to say the dark-haired man hid in bushes near the flat where she was baby-sitting for a six-year-old boy.

The incident happened in the summer of 2006, a year before Madeleine disappeared.

The former Ocean Club worker reported it to British police in June this year, after she heard that Madeleine was missing."

The way it reads, the sighting of this man was a year before Maddie's vanishing. This report stinks...IMHO.

My post here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1677455&postcount=227

talks about the MW staff suggesting that the McCanns hire a sitter. While it does not state specifically if they mentioned the burglaries (maybe they did, maybe they didn't), the McCanns ignored the advice, even with the "worry that they were being watched".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=490691&in_page_id=1811

it indicates:

"A nanny who worked at the resort where Madeleine McCann disappeared has told detectives she saw a man lurking outside the family's apartment.

The woman contacted the McCanns' private detective agency to say the dark-haired man hid in bushes near the flat where she was baby-sitting for a six-year-old boy.

The incident happened in the summer of 2006, a year before Madeleine disappeared.

The former Ocean Club worker reported it to British police in June this year, after she heard that Madeleine was missing."

The way it reads, the sighting of this man was a year before Maddie's vanishing. This report stinks...IMHO.

My post here:

talks about the MW staff suggesting that the McCanns hire a sitter. While it does not state specifically if they mentioned the burglaries (maybe they did, maybe they didn't), the McCanns ignored the advice, even with the "worry that they were being watched".

I agree, Colomom, I think we are going to see everything and the kitchen sink thrown out to say that strange people were lurking all over the resort for years.

Which would make Kate's "safe feeling" very odd, wouldn't it?

Every petty thief and gardener becomes a pedophile mastermind.

I agree, Colomom, I think we are going to see everything and the kitchen sink thrown out to say that strange people were lurking all over the resort for years.

Which would make Kate's "safe feeling" very odd, wouldn't it?

Every petty thief and gardener becomes a pedophile mastermind.

Mark Warner got rid of or transferred a slate of club workers and the two accounts are from two different individuals. One pertains to an incident in 2006 and that worker is no longer in PDL. The other witness is Catriona Baker who was sent to St. Angostino in Greece. Her account is about the days leading up to 3 May.

it indicates:

My post here:

Interestingly, this older babysitter/MW employee was never questioned by the PJ at all. She phoned the Method 3 hotline and said she had reported the incident of 2006. PJ probably thought it was too stale. The descriptions of the man could refer to many men in town--unremarkable. I don't think Catriona's information is unimportant, however. It was contemporary.

it indicates:

This is totally stupid. The article says:
But she (the nanny) has not been questioned by Portuguese police, even though her account would support Kate and Gerry McCann's fear that their daughter was targeted by an abductor who might have spied on the family.

The theory would explain how an abductor was able to target Madeleine, knowing that she was alone in the flat with her two-year-old brother and sister, and that their parents were only checking on them every 30 minutes.
So almost a year before they moved in, a stranger was hiding outside the apartment the McCanns ended up renting and that's proof that an abductor targeted Madeleine. Very poor reasoning on the part of someone- probably the UK press. I wouldn't bother interviewing the nanny either.

MY God, a child abducted, burglaries, now rats?????? Why would anyone ever want to take a Mark Warner holiday ever again?

2006????? Ridiculous reporting!

The Portuguese police questioned Catriona Baker for three hours. She must also be distinguished from the linen maid, another witness. The linen maid collided with a short man who had been lurking in a stair well, studying the car park, the elevator and the stairs on 3 May. She observed him over a period of time but they surprised one another. I don't know whether the descriptions of the two men are similar.

IF she watched some creep for a long time, why didn't she alert the cops?:doh: I mean, she works at a public place where people vacation for gosh sake. Weirdos should be reported.....at least management should be alerted.

Wouldn't you agree that there was a deal of neglect to go around? The Mark Warner Resort should have informed incoming travelers about the break-ins at the end of April. Employees like the linen maid and Catriona Baker should have warned the parents in the 5 block about the lurking men. Jane Tanner should have acted on her sighting. I will not include Martin Smith & his wife as they did not know the doctors or their children or where bundleman emerged from. And then we have absentee parenting. It's good that Pamela Fenn made a report to management but speaking directly to your neighbor is also important, especially since Fenn's apt. above 5A had just been burgled. The staff at MW had been ordered not to discuss the criminal activity at the resort with patrons but there is a time for questioning such an order. Obviously, MW didn't want to damage new business but look at the bad publicity the resort suffers now!

Tuba - my understanding is that the McCanns, at least, were told about the burgarlies and warned against leaving their children alone.

Salem

I can't fault Mrs. Fenn.

She told the management. I have learned myself, if I have a concern about other people's children, I either take it up with the children directly or bring it to the attention of a mutual authority. Going to the parents--never works, and all too often blows up in one's face. If the concern is serious enough that an outside party such as myself or Mrs. Fenn is involved, chances are the parents have already ignored the severity of the problem.

I've talked with other parents over the years and they have had the same experience. Going to the other parents? Never works and all too often makes things worse. You get either the downplayed response "She wasn't that upset, you're blowing this out of proportion" or "That's the best I can do, you tell me what you would have done, since you know it all."

At her age, Mrs. Fenn probably knew just as well, if parents leave their children alone in a room and return to find one of the children crying long and loud for them, in a complete melt-down, and then go out the next night doing exactly the same thing, then hearing from some old lady widow upstairs that they shouldn't do that--Oh, like that would change the McCanns' actions!

And the MW management did suggest to the McCanns that they use the creche service for their children at night. Short of kicking them out of the resort, what else were they supposed to do?

After Fenn reported the crying disturbance, MW did warn the McCanns to have the children attended to that last night but not before. I've mentioned that many times myself. I think the resort owed ALL of the guests the information about the burglaries and instead, MW staff was told not to let that word out, not to tell guests that there had been break-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties