If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YM or J Allen repeatedly asked her (I think it was YM), "Why are we here, why did you bring us here.." etc etc. in that interview. She directed them there to her "office" to get her cell phone. She carried out the lie until there was no turning back, instead of just coming clean at the gate.

If they asked that, they were probably voicing frustration over what she thought she was doing with that little charade, and how stupid did she think they were!

Found a pretty good synopsis of the testimony and it was pretty much as I had remembered it. They already knew she didn't work there when they asked her to go:

On July 16th, after spending the early morning hours talking to Casey Anthony about her missing daughter, collecting information, and taking a ride out with Ms. Anthony so that she could point out to the detective all the places where Zenaida had lived or babysat Caylee, he dropped her off at home at 6:00 a.m. and went off to Universal Studios to find Ms. Anthony’s outcry witnesses. [Outcry witnesses are people to whom you 'cried' out or told about something bad that happened to you.]

Even though Casey had told Detective Melich that Jeff and Juliette no longer worked at Universal Studios, he hoped he would be able to get other information that would help him track them down. After meeting with Leonard Turtua at Universal, he learned that Jeff had not worked there since 2002 (not 9-10 months ago like Casey had said); and as for Juliette and Zenaida, neither one of them had ever worked there. For that matter, Casey Anthony had not worked for anyone at Universal since May 2006. So, either the database was mistaken or Ms. Anthony was lying.

Melich called Casey Anthony from Turtua’s office and placed her on speaker phone. The detective told Casey he was planning to go to Universal Studios (even though he was already there) and he wanted to verify the information she had given him. At the same that Casey was answering Melich’s questions, Mr. Turtua was verifying her answers on his computer and signaling to Melich the veracity of her answers. However, her work telephone number and extension, as well as her boss’s name, turned out to be non-existent.

Detective Melich asked Casey if she was willing to come down to Universal Studios with Detectives Allen and Wells and she agreed. When she arrived through the employee entrance, Melich was asked and affirmed that she was not in handcuffs. They all walked up to the gate, and let Ms. Anthony talk to the security guard. She said she was an employee but she didn’t have her ID, or know her ID number, she gave him the name of her boss, but he was not on the database. In the end, they got in through Mr. Turtua. Once inside the gate, they asked Casey to lead them to her office, and she took them to a building, which she claimed was the ‘events’ building. As per Leonard Turtua, there is no such building.

After leading the detectives into the building, through double-doors, and down a hallway, she finally stopped and admitted that she did not work there. The detectives then asked Casey if she would be willing to talk to them to figure out what was going on and she agreed to speak to them in a private conference room. The prosecutor introduced an aerial photograph of the path they walked to get to the building and introduced photos of the hallway and the conference room where the detectives eventually interviewed Casey Anthony.

The blog also has a partial transcript of the interview, taken from the recording that was played for the jury. I hadn't realized she told YM that she had just talked to Caylee the day before - I thought she had only told that story to CA. Interesting read, that interview...Oh, it might also answer your other questions re: how much work LE had done, and how much they knew about FCA in those first 12 hours.

http://bluebeachsong.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/casey-anthony-trial-day-8-daily-updates-thoughts-observations/

Thanks Becca for the thorough response. I will make my responses in blue.

I count 17 of 20 traits present. Taking it a step further, scoring each point on a scale of 0-2, that would give her a total score between 32 and 38. A diagnosis of psychopathy is met when the subject scores 30 points or more.

It has been my theory from the moment I heard the verdict read that the jury did not consider or did not understand that Casey Anthony was a sociopath/psychopath, so I appreciate this dialog with you to better understand how this concept of Casey has been formed by those who think the verdict was correct.

:seeya:

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.
Why wouldn't Casey testify if she had this personality trait?

Casey didn't testify as it could have only damaged her case,as the prosecution would have had a field day with all of her earlier lies. This was obviously a DT strategy that Casey agreed with. It is rare in a case of this nature, and so isn't really notable in comparison with this trait of a psychopath.
If you happened to read her correspondence in jail with "Cookie" however, that would point up the glibness and charm which this point describes. Also, Tracy McLaughlin, who watched casey after LP bailed her out, also commented on the glibness and talkativeness of FCA.

Letters at this link:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

Although I do agree with the oddity of her being giddy (which also could be linked to other personality defects), psychopaths aren't afraid of average things you and I are. How many psychopathic serial killers do you see after conviction being interviewed and grinning as they describe how they killed? Those are true psychopaths, they aren't afraid to talk about anything, IMO, they believe they are above consequences. And, no attorney is going to stop them from getting the attention they crave.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.
Same as above, if she had a grandiose self-worth, not only would she have hopped up on the stand in a heart beat, she may have even gone to the extent of signing autographs for people.

FCA appeared to believe she was capable of performing an event planning job at Universal even though she did not have the education for that job. She frequently bragged that she had the title of event planner. She bragged on her Facebook profile that she was attending college, when this was not the case. Most people have babysitters for their children. unemployed Casey insisted she had a nanny. In the jailhouse letters, she calls herself a warrior and part of God's army. She also was writing her thoughts in preparation for a book to share her insights, including the truth about God.

The event planning and college are just lies though, that's not grandiosity. People with grandiosity are the type who stalk celebrities because they think they are in relationships with them. They themselves think they are famous people, and I mean famous like Brad Pitt. They aren't just using average lies to get by with survival, or to appear normal. They are above normal, above your average Joe, above everyone. The 'superior human beings' reference is not necessarily meant that they feel they are part of God's army (many Christians believe this themselves), IMO it would be someone who believes they, themselves are God and laws of the human just doesn't apply to them.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.
She has been in solitary confinement for 3 years and the CO state she's a model prisoner. I'm sure she hasn't had any amount of exciting stimulation, but yet she maintained her composure.

Looking for this trait under armed guards in a prison cell isn't the best place to look.
More notable would be the following:
Casey did not complete high school. She did not hold a job for a lengthy period of time. She engaged in risky activities such as surreptitious theft, promiscuous sexual activity and drug and alcohol abuse. Her father said, "My daughter has a tendency to live on the edge." Casey went out often during the week and lived it up with her nightlife as much as she could.
Someone dabbling with marijuana and drinking at most a few days a week (during her worst moment) is not someone "living on the edge". She was in her early 20's, and her behavior didn't hit it's worst point until after Caylee died. Psychopathic people don't just become that way when it's convenient, they are that way because that's what their brain is telling them to do. People with mental disorders/personality disorders aren't in control of them, the disorders are in control of them. So, I completely disagree with this being a trait of hers because even under armed guards, they wouldn't be able to control this type of behavior for 3 years. If someone who is psychopathic cannot get the thrill they need and become very bored, I'm sure they could come up with some crafty things to do to become entertained all over again (screwing with the guards, offering media interviews, etc).

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.
I will not disagree with this one, everyone knows she's a liar.

We agree!

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.
This one is a hard one because I do believe she was careless of AH and her grandfather, but throughout her whole life those are the only 2 I know of with gross disregard. (I know you could argue her parents, but they were enablers with her behavior so it's hard to say she had gross disregard for them, or if they were enabling her to behave that way towards them.)
How about the detectives trying to find Caylee? Or telling Jessie he was the father of Caylee and that the baby was born prematurely? Or never paying LA for the car he sold to her? Or the fictitious emails she created that were supposedly from where she was employed? Or the fake myspace accounts? There are plenty of examples.

I can't really answer for the detectives that were trying to find Caylee. It is possible that perhaps she thought they were going to figure out the truth (the drowning story), but since they honed in on her right away it was a lost cause in her mind. She could've thought Jesse was the father, I don't think she knew who the father really was (she may know now though, but perhaps not until after the DNA test proved it wasn't Jesse). Not paying LA could just be out of immaturity from when she got the car. Notice LA never said anything about her not paying him back, so we don't even know if this is true. The fictitious emails could have been created, not for personal gain, but to get her neurotic controlling mother off her back. CA was into all aspects of Casey's business, so maybe she did this to just buy her some time and stress relief. I don't know about the fake myspace accounts, so I can't respons to that. And, we're talking gross disregard. IMO, that would be like someone seeing an elderly person carrying groceries, the bag breaks and they laugh and walk away instead of helping. Gross disregard, like stealing from your elderly grandfather. One example.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.
I have to argue that she is not unempathic, she took care of her "shot girls", she watched over them, etc. She had empathy for them and made sure they weren't being harmed by the drunk men around there. She also cooked, cleaned, etc TL's place once living there. She wasn't dispassionate. I also don't believe she was dispassionate with Caylee, she had 100's of pictures of her, and her alone. She showed concern for Caylee at TL's apartment pool, worried about her getting too close to it.

How about Casey's response to the death of her child? Or the lack of empathy shown for all the people searching for a dead Caylee? How about the pain she put her parents through - any sign she felt bad about that in those recorded conversations? Or was she more concerned with her own needs, such as talking to TL? Did she show any empathy when pointing the finger at Jessie or Zenaida who she knew were not involved? Again, lots of examples.

Her response to the death of Caylee, although no one wants to hear this, could very well be chalked up to abnormal grieving. It happens whether we like it or not. She had no control of the people searching for Caylee. She didn't call those people in. In fact, when she was out running around for the 31 days, she laid low as far as her daughter's death went. She didn't go out screaming her child has been kidnapped for all the attention and get search parties going, etc. I know this also isn't a popular idea, but I did see a sobbing Casey during those jailhouse visits. I also noticed a Casey state that she was protecting her family to CA, and IMO it is extremely possible she meant that she was protecting her family from falling apart once they knew there was an accident and that her and GA covered it up. CA was the one behind the Jesse finger-pointing as far as I'm concerned. Casey didn't have a lot of conversations with her parents, and the conversations she did have were recorded. She told her dad to stay away from Jesse (or something along those lines), that could've meant that Jesse would figure the cover up out, so watch out for him.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.
TL showed her affection, she returned affection. Caylee showed her affection and she returned affection. Her friends showed her care/concern/laughter, and she shared that with them (minus her theft from AH, but she had many more friends then the one). The list could go on.

Why was TL kept in the dark about the disappearance of Caylee? When you are close with someone, this would have been a place for her to be consoled. Or did she not need consoling? The superficial laughter and partying with friends is an easy accomplishment. When Amy exposed herself to crime, Casey took advantage. Casey did this also to her grandparents, parents, and brother.

I can't explain why she kept TL in the dark, but doing so doesn't pertain to this characteristic trait. She wasn't behaving in a shallow way IMO. And, the fact that she didn't tell TL, IMO, even shows more of her not being psychopathic.
8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.
I stated she wasn't cold in general towards people. A lot of people liked her and enjoyed her company. The CO's even testifying to her being a pleasant person to communicate with the little they did.
The jailhouse videos and conversations are the best demonstration of this. She was dismissive of the emotional pain of others, turning the attention from their suffering back to herself. A view of the videotapes demonstrates starkly her dismissive manner regarding her mother’s grief and stress.
As I pointed out above, there is no turning on and off psychopathy when it's convenient for you, so if she behaved a certain way in jail that also reflects her "behavior". I also see someone who is sobbing on those video tapes, whether it's sobbing for CA, herself, or whoever, there is emotion there. I do realize she does frequently turn the attention to herself (although she only does so IIRC, when CA talks about the trials and tribulations CA and GA are going through), this does, to me, reflect someone who's wrongly accused.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.
Again, this one is a hard one to argue. She was a little parasitic after she had Caylee. Before Caylee she was working. So it's hard to say that she is a true parasite since life changes could have caused the parasitic behavior in that time frame.

Looks like this point we agree on, but I would add it was more than a little parasitic. Casey never left her family home to live independently. For more than two years, Casey lied about employment getting her money through thievery rather than work itself. She also was parasitic on her brother by getting him to sell the car to her, but not paying him for it as agreed upon.
Casey was a young single mom, it is common for single mothers that haven't established a career (or even some that do) to live with their parents to get on their feet. Although, right now it's hard to say if she was going to get on her feet, I don't believe we've had enough time of viewing her life to see if she wasn't going to. And, as I stated before, I don't recall LA mentioning her owing him money, so I'm not sure what the car deal was.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.
There are only 2 times I've seen Casey not being able to control her behavior, the one jailhouse video and the one day in court. Now, if out of 3 years of watching someone's life, you can only come up with 2... that's pretty good control over yourself.
We also know of the arguments with her mother and father through eyewitnesses such as LA or Tracy McLaughlin. We have a limited look into her past, but from what we do know she has exhibited poor behavior control.

Ok, arguing with your parents is extremely normal, especially for a young woman trying to cut the umbilical cord and live her own life. I've argued with my parents many times starting from the teenage years. I still argue with my parents from time to time (I'm 29). When I had my first daughter, me and my mother frequently argued because I was a mother but I was also the baby in my family so my mother felt the need to frequently "give me advice" (I like to call it sticking her nose where it didn't belong though... LOL). This is perfectly normal. Now, if she did this in the presence of her lawyers (like in court), that is poor behavior control. But that was one time, and I think everyone deserves a freebie every now and then, especially when you're facing the death penalty.
11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.
This could be linked to many other things also, so I'm not going to disagree she behaves this way, but this doesn't mean she's psychopathic.

Of course it doesn't mean she's psychopathic (what a crazy world this would be if it did.) But it is a characteristic of one without question and she does have it. Not knowing (or telling) who the real father is of her baby is another big sign of this, as well as her overlapping relationships.

How do we really know the father of Caylee didn't know about her? What if he was some drug addicted loser (which is extremely possible) that didn't want to be a father and Casey didn't want to introduce him to mom and dad, so they just forgot about each other. And, how do we know Casey knows who the father is (although I suspect she does know). We can't base such a big disorder one this fact alone.
12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS -- a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.
We have never heard of her being a troubled child, which is my main reason for saying she isn't psychopathic or sociopathic.

LA in his taped interview with Jessie in the car spoke about Casey's lying troubles starting up in middle school. He said it seemed like she would lie just to lie. We don't have enough information on her childhood though, I agree to some extent.There is a variety of behavioral problems though, not just lying.

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.
It's hard to say if this is something she has developed. She's in her 20's (early 20's at that) and this is the point in life that most people are discovering who they are. That is a normal course in development.

I agree this trait is not uncommon in the younger generation, but as it pertains to this checklist, FCA has this trait. Casey couldn't even manage to stick it out long enough to graduate from high school. She expressed an interest in photography and her father tried to help her get into school to study, she dropped that ball without looking back. She hadn't worked for years and led an empty life filled with parties and sex without an apparent thought for tomorrow. In the jailhouse letters, she expressed goals of getting an RV, travelling the country and getting pregnant together at the same time with her cellmate, not very realistic.
Most of what you said I agree with, except the empty life of parties and sex. I don't actually know what her sex life was like, so I wont even go there, I suspect she was promiscuous. But, she didn't just party party party. In fact, many people on the stand stated that she didn't drink that often before Caylee passed. So I have to disagree with that point.

14. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.
I do agree she lacks impulse control. That also could be related to many other things.

We agree she lacks impulse control.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.
I agree with this one also, but could be related to other things.
We agree she is irresponsible.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.
I don't see her exhibit antagonistic manipulation or denial of responsibility (in totality).the other symptoms I could agree with if I saw a bigger window into her life.

Casey always painted herself as the victim in her correspondence, I don't recall her ever accepting responsibility. She showed no sense of duty in helping the detectives, she was antagonistically manipulative in the jailhouse conversations with her parents, she denied any knowledge of Caylee's death, and sought to manipulate others through this denial into thinking she had been the victim of a kidnapping. There are other examples, such as Amy's money disappearing and Casey saying she must have been sleepwalking. A proper burial for Caylee is also failing to accept the duty in that situation. Instead she was thrown in the swamp to rot. The evidence of her reaction a body being found there points to her knowing that was Caylee, as well as knowing the blanket was there, and being in a garbage bag. (The Chaplain had not told her that.)

You're referring to Casey painting herself as the victim for this one event in her life, so you can't base the diagnosis on one instance. She could've had an abortion, put Caylee up for adoption, threw her away once she was born, gave her to the local fire department, etc etc; but she didn't. When Caylee was born she took responsibility for her.

The AH situation, IMO, isn't the extreme this trait is referring to. Thieves lie to cover their tracts, but that doesn't mean they're psychopathic. I saw a post about the Chaplain discussion, but I've never seen the article/video/what have you so I can't really comment to that.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.
I don't know how long she was engaged to JG, or how long their total relationship was, but we're talking about an early 20 something female, this is normal to not know what you want in life yet. At least in this day in age it is. So, I have to say this isn't a trait she exhibits because we don't know what her future holds.

I agree with you such behavior is not uncommon, but the point remains that this trait is present and is part of the checklist. Casey bounced from relationship to relationship.

IMO, this trait pertains more to adults who cannot commit to people on a long term basis. They marry, divorce, remarry, divorce, remarry, etc etc. They make commitments in relationships just to end them later. So, I don't believe the description of this trait is to be confused with a young 20 something discovering what she wants out of life.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.
Again, she wasn't a criminal in any sense before this case.

Casey Anthony did not have a juvenile record, but in regards to no criminal history before this case she had been convicted of felonies involving check fraud. Despite the lack of a juvenile record, her manipulation of others was clearly evident as was her habit of lying about everything and nothing at all. That said, I won't count this as her having the trait.

When I said "before this case", I'm referring to before June 16th. With the idea of her being psychopathic, we have to include times before her child died in order to not link them to the event of her child dying.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE -- a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.
This never occurred. When she was on house arrest she went back when it was time to go back. She's made all of her court appearances, etc. She didn't attempt to flee the area, so I have to disagree with this.

Agree that there is no evidence of this.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.
Her criminal history is revolved around one instance, so I have to disagree that she has a diversity of criminal offenses.

Her criminal history also revolves around check fraud.

The 'one instance' is in regards to everything that related to the one event in her life. Her child died, she went on a shopping spree with someone else's money, it has become publicly known her child is gone, then we find out her child is dead, etc etc. We can't go back through the years and say "This year she was arrested for DUI, this year she was arrested for stealing, this year she was arrested for murder, this year she was arrested for domestic violence, this year she was arrested for check fraud, etc etc. Everything stemmed from a very short period of time.
Responses in red above.

Out of the 20 behaviors psychopaths exhibit, IMO Casey exhibited 4 of these personality traits. And, the 4 she definitely exhibited could be related to other issues.

ETA: I never said I had "extensive" knowledge in mental health. I stated that I knew a lot about different disorders (I've had mental health classes repeatedly in nursing school, mental health experiences in life/work, and was going to continue my education to get a degree in psychology). I do not claim to be an expert though, no where near that.

My responses are in black now :crazy:

I respectfully disagree ... one has to be very cunning to construct the elaborate lies that FCA did ... she was busted because Caylee was missing.
Otherwise, the elaborate detailed lies would have continued.
Casey was very good at coming up with lies on the spot and she had no problem with keeping them straight, but I don't think she was very cunning at all. If her parents (or should I say Cindy) had an ounce of common sense they would have figured her out long before any of this happened.

Her parents should have realized she did not have a job as she did not have any money coming in, wasn't supporting herself or Caylee, and was getting by stealing off her family.

If she didn't have a job then they should have known the nanny they never saw or talked to didn't exist either.

Also they should have been suspicious of people like Jeff Hopkins. She claimed this was a guy who might have been the one for her, yet they never met him or talked to him? She'd set up times to meet him but something would always come up which prevented them from meeting him.

Her lies to police were so stupid because she told them lies they could easily check into. It was beyond stupid for her to tell them a babysitter she supposedly used regularly took her child because the first thing they'd want is valid contact info for said babysitter.

IMO her lies weren't well thought out at all. She was able to get away with lying for so long only because her parents buried their head in the sand. It was also easier to lie to her friends because they didn't know her well enough, but they would have eventually figured her out as they got to know her well. She would have told enough lies like the one to Amy about moving into her parents that everyone would have had her pegged for a liar eventually.

See my post above.

IMO, there are a lot of things taken out of context, so it would be hard for me to agree that was said and meant without being able to see it myself. I honestly don't feel these people conversed about the case until it was time for deliberations, I'm sure there is maximum punishment for doing that and I'm also sure that they had guards with them at all times (minus being alone in their hotel rooms).

I think it is very, very difficult for a professional to diagnose someone that they have never laid eyes on. But that is happening on the crimetainment shows almost daily. Those professionals who are appearing on shows saying such things are being paid to appear, and believe me, they know what to say to agree with the host. IMO, they deserve no respect, and I give their diagnoses no weight; they are acting in a very unprofessional manner.

I do not think laypeople can diagnose anyone. They can say they have a personal belief that Casey is a sociopath or psychopath (she's been called both) but they cannot say "She IS" a sociopath or psychopath with any degree of certainty.

I would really like to be able to sit and talk with the psychologist who sat and talked with Casey for a period of time. I heard Casey had signed a consent to allow him to share certain findings with the public. He would be well worth listening to, IMO.

Did the grief expert say that Casey's behavior was consistent with what she had seen in others? Or did she say outright that Casey was grieving? Because people who study grief (and there are more than a few!) do not need to sit down with a particular person to say their grief pattern is consistent with a previously identified pattern.

It is interesting that you think this testimony is what got Casey the not guilty verdict. I didn't give her testimony that much weight.

I felt the verdict was indicative of the weakness of most of the evidence presented. IOW: the prosecution lost the case.

I saw his appearance a couple times with Dr. Drew, responding to what he could state (she was not diagnosed with a mental disorder, etc.). The first appearance it seemed like Dr. Drew was respecting him, the 2nd appearance I got the feeling Dr. Drew was attempting to discredit him (in as respectful way as Dr. Drew is).

IMO, there are a lot of things taken out of context, so it would be hard for me to agree that was said and meant without being able to see it myself. I honestly don't feel these people conversed about the case until it was time for deliberations, I'm sure there is maximum punishment for doing that and I'm also sure that they had guards with them at all times (minus being alone in their hotel rooms).
I don't think alternate jurors are involved in deliberations, so if that's true, where did the alternate in question get his information ?

As far as I know, once the whole thing blew up I don't think working or not working was of much concern to GA or CA. I don't think he was thinking oh boy, I can get money from KH and hide my lack of working. Before the disappearance/death, I don't think we have any proof that GA lied about his employment status to CA, do we? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but just because FCA was doing it doesn't mean GA was also doing it.

But none of that was the case. No one was holding Caylee captive and FCA wasn't lying out of fear that Caylee would be harmed. IMO those are pretty far-fetched scenarios that don't happen that often in real life. LE was, IMO, going with what was most likely. A parent who is patently lying about the whereabouts of her 3 YO child and refuses to give any TRUE information, even going so far as to lead LE on wild goose chases, is IMO a looks-like-a-duck-quacks-like-a-duck situation. Why would that indicate to LE that they should investigate her family members?

That is true that none of that happened in this case... but if LE had looked into other scenarios they could've come up with what the DT stated in OS. I mean, we truly don't know if the accident is true, if the murder is true, etc. We just don't, although many of us have our beliefs. But, if LE did investigate other aspects of this case, we may have come up with other information proving more so one of the theories. But, they focused on Casey after day 1. So, we don't know if there is other information out there supporting the drowning or supporting the murder.

Thanks kelian but doesn't work for me - when I add text to a quoted post and then preview, I get a message that my post needs to be more than 5 chars. I'll send a message to the mods.

That just means that you need to put something at least 5 characters long after the "Quote".

That's why I just usually write, responses in red, etc.

For those interested, here's another interview by the same alternate juror, this one from Tuesday, July 5, 2011, upon his return home to Pinellas County from Orlando. Contains a lot more "we" talk.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2011/audio/russ_huekler/

My apologies if this has been posted already....still working my way through the thread. :)

i agree, i haven't listend to the full interviews, didn't need to.. it was too hinkey.

i guess if KC mangaged to pass letters/notes to other inmates while in solitary in jail under watch.. it would a breeze for jurors to do the same (they definately were not being watched as if they were prisoners kwim) imo someone had a strong opinion and agenda and slowly worked on the others

I don't think alternate jurors are involved in deliberations, so if that's true, where did the alternate in question get his information ?

Alternates are not, but I'm not positive these statements are something he claims to know or if they're something he claims to believe. There is a big difference between the two.

That just means that you need to put something at least 5 characters long after the "Quote".

That's why I just usually write, responses in red, etc.

Ah, thanks - but how do you add additional text to an already quoted post like yours at 8:49 ? Do you have to multiquote all of the previous quotes to that post ?

If they asked that, they were probably voicing frustration over what she thought she was doing with that little charade, and how stupid did she think they were!

Found a pretty good synopsis of the testimony and it was pretty much as I had remembered it. They already knew she didn't work there when they asked her to go:

The blog also has a partial transcript of the interview, taken from the recording that was played for the jury. I hadn't realized she told YM that she had just talked to Caylee the day before - I thought she had only told that story to CA. Interesting read, that interview...Oh, it might also answer your other questions re: how much work LE had done, and how much they knew about FCA in those first 12 hours.

http://bluebeachsong.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/casey-anthony-trial-day-8-daily-updates-thoughts-observations/

Interesting to review that interrogation again.

One part of it:

Melich=M: Everything you told me was a lie; I called everyone you told me; people don’t exist or don’t work here; this is the point where you stop all the lies.
Casey=CA: Not everything that I told you is a lie.
M: Including where Caylee is.
CA: I don’t know where she is.
M: I am confidant you know where she is, it is obvious you know where she is. We need to find Caylee, she may not be in good shape, not as your family remembers her. We need to end it.
CA: I don’t know where she is; if I knew where she was this would not have happened.
M: Sawgrass, Zenaida never lived at the apartment you told us, it has been vacant for 5 months.
M: The other apartment is an old folks home.
M: You are either someone who is scared; or who is cold callous, and calculated.
CA: I am scared where my daughter is.
2nd Detective: Whole reason for you being here is to find your daughter, you want to talk to us, no one is forcing you to, you took me all the way out here, into your building, down the hallway to go to your office, before you said you didn’t work here.
CA: I know how that sounds.
2nd Detective: Everyone makes mistakes, but you have to own up to it, say sorry, or you can lie about it and bury it, and it never ever goes away. Stop and think about it; maybe you are afraid, but now is your chance; but if you keep going like this, then you are just someone who doesn’t care, not someone who is scared. You give me addresses where no one you say lives there. It always comes out, go to your parents and tell them, some horrible accident happened, some day you are going to want to mend fences with your parents, … we always solve these things… when someone has hurt you in the past, and says they are sorry, you forgive them right?
CA: Yes.
2nd Detective: But someone who lies, and lies, and lies, and later says I’m sorry, it’s harder to forgive… accidents happen, I’ve had mothers who rolled over on their kids, or the kids drowned in the pool, … or people who have done horrible things to the kids… and lied about it, and lied about it. We have gone to court and explained things or said that the person lied repeatedly.
CA: This is the honest to God truth, I don’t know where she is, the last person I saw her with was Zenaida.

I am still in amazement someone could conclude that she was covering up an accident that her father forced her to lie about.

:waitasec:

My responses are in black now :crazy:

Thanks. One point that I see as a common thread in your responses is an idea that psychopathy is a sort of 24/7 manifestation, not in the control of a psychopath. I'd like to give my :twocents: on this.

There are famous examples of how this is not the case. Serial killers like John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy were able to carry on respected lives while running up their murder total. Gacy was a model citizen in prison, loved by all for his impressive ability to cook and use spices. He got released from prison for good conduct, and then promptly began murdering women who he felt were promiscuous, 29 in all.

The psychopath is VERY good at fooling people.

There are triggers for their rage, different with each one. Bundy saw his ex-girlfriend in the women he killed, they all looked like her. Gacy was harboring suppressed homosexual/transexual urges that his father smothered down during his youth, and took out his aggression on promiscuous women. They all have their triggers. And then, as you point out, they are controlled by their mental illness and can't restrain doing the deed.

With Casey, the runway up to this incident is brief and difficult to analyze. The major clues to what kind of person she is are of course her pathological lying, lack of empathy, irresponsibility and coldheartedness displayed during the jailhouse conversations.

MOO of course but something triggered Casey's psychopathy on that fateful day of June 16. There was the fight with CA the night before, and ultimately this led to a desire to get even. I also think it was relevant that TL had stated to her that he only wanted boys, not a girl. Susan Smith killed her two boys for a similar reason.

Ah, thanks - but how do you add additional text to an already quoted post like yours at 8:49 ? Do you have to multiquote all of the previous quotes to that post ?

I copied the part I wanted to add to the quote, clicked "Quote", on the next screen where you type things in, there is an additional quote function (looks like a talk bubble) to wrap Quote around text, I click that, paste the copied part I wanted to add in between the quote commands... and then inside of the pasted portion I can add additional thoughts in different text colors, etc.

I don't know if this sounds confusing or not, let me know if this makes sense :)

Thanks, but I don't need any advice regarding what I should read. :floorlaugh:

I know the jurors didn't look at one piece of evidence nor did they read one document. They didn't look at the most obvious, the actual autopsy report or the the defendant's written statement. For someone who claims to have read the autopsy report and entertains the defense's BS, I guess you don't discount their ME who said someone came along, took her skull, reattached the mandible, then placed it back in the woods. Wow, and they even had the insight to match up the rare duct tape owned by the As. That body snatcher has some strange hobbies.

Every single juror that has spoken has proven what I thought all along. They are dumber than dirt and they're looking for a handout.

Since you like handing out advice I'll return the favor, reread my post. I didn't say ALL the jurors.

IMO

For someone who seems to have all the facts you sure make a lot of assumptions. I never said that I entertained their ME theory on what happened to Caylee. This wasn’t even close to what we were taking about, but I guess you wouldn’t know since you couldn’t take the time to read it.

I’m glad I could make you laugh, but maybe you should focus on something else instead of criticizing me for looking at all the evidence presented in this case. The jury made a decision and whether or not you agree with it, it’s not going to change.

That grief expert said CFCA's behavior could be a symptom of grieving... that there was the possibility it was her way of grieving - which leaves the door wide open to saying it also could not be and there was no possibility it was, since she of course was unable to be definitive.

Well, let's face it - the DT had to come up with something to explain that cold face and those hateful eyes during the trial and the three years of sitting in jail instead of 'fessing up to an "accident".

Clearly this excuse seemed to work for some people, including most of the jury, while the rest of the world sees it as complete horse hockey pucks.

That is how I remember it, her behavior "could be" consistent with grief. Some people have exhibited bizarre behavior in times of grief, so "maybe" that is what Casey did.....or maybe not.

I did not totally discount the grief testimony, but I did not give it much weight.

Thanks. One point that I see as a common thread in your responses is an idea that psychopathy is a sort of 24/7 manifestation, not in the control of a psychopath. I'd like to give my :twocents: on this.

There are famous examples of how this is not the case. Serial killers like John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy were able to carry on respected lives while running up their murder total. Gacy was a model citizen in prison, loved by all for his impressive ability to cook and use spices. He got released from prison for good conduct, and then promptly began murdering women who he felt were promiscuous, 29 in all.

The psychopath is VERY good at fooling people.

There are triggers for their rage, different with each one. Bundy saw his ex-girlfriend in the women he killed, they all looked like her. Gacy was harboring suppressed homosexual urges that his father smothered down during his youth. They all have their triggers. And then, as you point out, they are controlled by their mental illness and can't restrain doing the deed.

With Casey, the runway up to this incident is brief and difficult to analyze. The major clues to what kind of person she is are of course her pathological lying, lack of empathy, irresponsibility and coldheartedness displayed during the jailhouse conversations.

MOO of course but something triggered Casey's psychopathy on that fateful day of June 16. There was the fight with CA the night before, and ultimately this led to a desire to get even. I also think it was relevant that TL had stated to her that he only wanted boys, not a girl.

I understand what you're saying, but even with their "triggers" they are not in control of it.

I understand that at different times they could appear to be living a very normal life, very friendly, charming, etc. But, there is a point where they don't have control over themselves anymore. IMO, Casey hasn't exhibited the lack of control, I haven't seen a trigger for her yet.

This is kind of like alcoholism, alcoholics don't wake up and decide this is what they want to do with every day of their lives. The disease at some point takes over and this is what they have because they can't control it. Psychopaths don't just desire to kill people, etc. There is a point where the disease takes over and they don't have the control anymore. If there was a way to treat this, I'm sure the world would be a happier place. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to treat this amongst other disorders.

Maybe she does have some, maybe I'm completely wrong in buying the accident theory; but up to this point I don't believe she's psychopathic or sociopathic.

I copied the part I wanted to add to the quote, clicked "Quote", on the next screen where you type things in, there is an additional quote function (looks like a talk bubble) to wrap Quote around text, I click that, paste the copied part I wanted to add in between the quote commands... and then inside of the pasted portion I can add additional thoughts in different text colors, etc.

I don't know if this sounds confusing or not, let me know if this makes sense :)

Thanks, I get it and your help is much appreciated !

PSA:
When you guys want to respond to individual passages within one persons quote, it is best to quote each section,repsond, quote the next section,respond and so on. The reason is after awhile, it is very hard to determine who said what to whom. :)

One way to do this is to highlight the section you are quoting and then click the quote tab at the top of the posting box:
quote.gif

It will wrap whatever you have highlighted in a darkened quote box and then you can respond.

I try to fix them when I see them, but I often times cannot tell who said what and I don't want to confuse the issue or misquote someone.

hope that helps

I understand what you're saying, but even with their "triggers" they are not in control of it.

I understand that at different times they could appear to be living a very normal life, very friendly, charming, etc. But, there is a point where they don't have control over themselves anymore. IMO, Casey hasn't exhibited the lack of control, I haven't seen a trigger for her yet.

This is kind of like alcoholism, alcoholics don't wake up and decide this is what they want to do with every day of their lives. The disease at some point takes over and this is what they have because they can't control it. Psychopaths don't just desire to kill people, etc. There is a point where the disease takes over and they don't have the control anymore. If there was a way to treat this, I'm sure the world would be a happier place. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to treat this amongst other disorders.

Maybe she does have some, maybe I'm completely wrong in buying the accident theory; but up to this point I don't believe she's psychopathic or sociopathic.

I agree with a lot of what you said here. And there are others who would agree there is insufficient evidence to label her a psychopath. In my case I'm very familiar with Casey's tune, and see the characteristics loudly and clearly.

I'll show you one trigger - her mother! The points when she gets most upset in this video are with her mother either on the phone or about to be put on the phone. When her mother refuses Casey's reality (ie. does not buy the bs), this sends her into a FIT. And that is what happened on June 16, IMO. She told Amy on that morning she was finding another place to live.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4MCED--no"]‪New Jailhouse Video of Casey Anthony the Alleged Baby Killer: She's "Beyond Frustrated"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties