If You Were George and Cindy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!
Give me a polygraph test, take my hair and blood and do whatever you want to me as long as I am cleared so I can go out there and find my granddaughter!

Why hide behind a lawyer? Did Marc Klaas not teach us anything about the proper way to handle situations as difficult and crazy as this?? You can investigate me because I am not hiding anything at all. That is how the family should be acting, IMO.

I would not be grabbing every microphone and camera that goes by spewing lies. I would not be worried about my hair and make up or even that my clothes matched.

I would not "enjoy" my 15 minutes of fame like Grandma seems to be doing.

Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!
Give me a polygraph test, take my hair and blood and do whatever you want to me as long as I am cleared so I can go out there and find my granddaughter!

Why hide behind a lawyer? Did Marc Klaas not teach us anything about the proper way to handle situations as difficult and crazy as this?? You can investigate me because I am not hiding anything at all. That is how the family should be acting, IMO.

I would not be grabbing every microphone and camera that goes by spewing lies. I would not be worried about my hair and make up or even that my clothes matched.

:clap::clap::clap: I totally agree with you! Lawyering up is what guilty people do, not innocent people with nothing to hide.

Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!

Why would she clear herself when she has never been a suspect?

Why would she clear herself when she has never been a suspect?

ALL family members are suspects. We have seen over and over that is usually family or someone the child trusts that are the offenders.

Why hide? Why hide anything if your child is missing?

I would be doing everything I could do to get Casey to spill. Which may mean pretending to be on "her" side in the media. However, i think one "I still love my daughter and can't believe she'd hurt her child" speech would be sufficient.

Then I'd shut up and hire a private investigator to find my grandchild.

I don't understand Cindy. Or George.

I know I have a tendancy to cry more than normal, but frankly, I'm shocked at how unexpressive they are. Just like Casey, in some ways, because heck, at least she knows WTH is going on!?!

If I were them, I would be in agony. I would be begging, pleading for help. I would be so thankful to all of Casey's friends for helping, for calling LE right away. I would be searching endlessly...probably keep thinking of new places to look in the middle of the night and doing what I could.

For a while Cindy looked tired, she looked/sounded even a bit drugged. But today's video? SHE WAS SMILING! Like this was all some funny joke! And when she said she felt Caylee was close and would be home for her birthday, I just got this really weird feeling. Like maybe Caylee has been stashed somewhere and she'll be brought out just in time for a big party that Cindy is planning. It's just unnerving, really.

As for George...I haven't gotton to watch him much (I don't have TV so have to watch everything online and miss his a lot), but he seems, in some ways, more predictably befuddled.

Anyways...I'm sure my reaction would be very different than theirs, and they've lost all of my interest and support. If it weren't for Caylee being so cute and defenseless, I'd be done with this whole thing. I hope, if she is found, they evaluate these people and determine whether staying with them is a good idea, because they seem nuts in an abnormal way to me.

Oh, and it's also a pet peeve of mine when parents spoil their children and never admit the children's faults and place the blame on anyone else around. So I really dislike that about Cindy.

I feel sorry for Lee. He seemed like the only normal one in the bunch, and I'm sure his world has really crashed around him.

ALL family members are suspects. We have seen over and over that is usually family or someone the child trusts that are the offenders.

Why hide? Why hide anything if your child is missing?
They are suspects? First I have heard of that. Can you link to that Pixies? that is a strong statement.
What are they hiding?

ETA: Here is a video link regarding Cindy contacting LE and having them come back and get more items she thought might be important.
http://www.truveo.com/Cindy-Anthony-Visits-Today/id/761837253

Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!
~~ snipped for space :)

NO HIDING BEHIND LAWYER. I would absolutely give over all that stuff and more if they wanted it and even if they didn't want it at the time I would not go washing potential evidence. ITA with you.

However, with my daughter sitting in jail lying her "party bootie" off, and my grand daughter missing, I think I would like my own attorney. I have no trust for Casey or what she might say at any given moment in time. I would have an attorney to watch over my life while I do exactly what LE tells me to do and plead for Caylees return or information at every public opportunity.

Every family member is suspect until they are cleared. Casey has formally been charged with neglect and obstruction, but nothing else...yet. Cindy and George have not been "cleared" or "ruled out" in the disappearance of Caylee.

First thing I would have done, unlike the Anthonys, is not waited if my child put me off seeing my grandchild who I had raised from an infant for ANY amount of time. I would not have hesitated to track them down immediately especially knowing the type of person Casey is. Cindy admits her daughter is a known liar. She should not have trusted Caylee in her care with knowing her lifestyle and her aversion to telling the truth. I would have called LE if I could not find them within a day or so after requesting to speak to my grandchild. This should never have been allowed to continue for 3 days much less 31 days!

I would have had my daughter in jail so fast her head would spin as soon as I learned that my grandchild was "missing". I wouldn't be stopping to think about what was happening with her as my goal would be to find the child immediately. I would have gladly opened up my house for LE, my cars, my DNA, everything or anything that could possibly help them. I would beg for a lie detector test or whatever was neccessary to clear me right off the bat so they wouldn't have to waste time investigating me.

I certainly would not lie for my child who may possibly have harmed my grandchild. She is an adult and would have to face whatever she has done. It would be too late for me to protect her, but that is what a public defender is for. I would not be playing games with her either. Sitting in jail would be the appropriate place for her until she cooperated with LE fully in the investigation.

I would be organizing searches, calling for TES, hiring a private investigator, calling in a psychic, and doing whatever it took to find my grandchild. I would be begging for help from the media or anyone who would listen. I would be going out every waking minute to search for her. If someone wanted an interview from me...they would have to do it with hiking boots and on the move because I wouldn't be sitting still.

I do not see any of the above happening in this case. Why not?! Because they are hiding behind secrets and lies. I have to ask, "Why?".

Every family member is suspect until they are cleared. Casey has formally been charged with neglect and obstruction, but nothing else...yet. Cindy and George have not been "cleared" or "ruled out" in the disappearance of Caylee.
Are you saying the police have named them as suspects? can you link that SS?

I think that it's just being said that everyone is a suspect in the beginning of a case like this until evidence leads them elsewhere. And that an innocent person with nothing to hide would throw everything out on the table right in the beginning. Stories wouldn't change, because truth doesn't change. There is no reason to lawyer up if all you have is the truth to tell.

I think that it's just being said that everyone is a suspect in the beginning of a case like this until evidence leads them elsewhere. And that an innocent person with nothing to hide would throw everything out on the table right in the beginning. Stories wouldn't change, because truth doesn't change. There is no reason to lawyer up if all you have is the truth to tell.
You are so right!:clap::clap::clap:

Are you saying the police have named them as suspects? can you link that SS?
JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect. I think instead you should show me where LE states they have been ruled out since Cindy was the last person KNOWN to have physically been with Caylee alive and verified by independent sources. There has been no confirmed sighting of her since the video tape Cindy made at the nursing center.

If I was is Cindy's shoes I'd be such a basketcase I doubt I'd be able to stand and give any type of interview to anyone. My total focus would be on Caylee and how I could find her. I can understand having a mental block that would stop me from accepting the unthinkable. I would want to march into Casey's jail cell, grab her by the scruff of her neck and force her to tell me everything she knows!
I would want to get expert advice in how the truth could be gotten out of Casey, I would be down on my knees praying and would beg anyone else to pray also. I would want to surround myself with the best of the best as far as investigators go, I would agree to a lie detector test so I could be ruled out as a suspect. I would be contacting everyone of her friends and beg them to tell me anything they might know. I would be asking my husband to use anything from his past as a po to use anything he can to help solve this, call in any favors he could.
By now I would probably be bald from pulling my hair or in a catatonic state. I would be curled up in the fetal position on Caylees bed sobbing my eyes out and begging God to let me wake up from this nightmare!

VB

JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect. I think instead you should show me where LE states they have been ruled out since Cindy was the last person KNOWN to have physically been with Caylee alive and verified by independent sources. There has been no confirmed sighting of her since the video tape Cindy made at the nursing center.
Hi SS. I had no idea they were suspects. I thought that LE was looking at Casey and said that the family was extremely cooperative.
Does this mean that Lee is also a suspect and the Grandpa in the nursing home? They are family and I don't think I have read that they have been cleared.
Grandpa was one of the last to see Caylee alive and he is a family member.

ETA: on the off chance that you don't realize it, I am just messing with you. I think everyone is under the umbrella of suspicion, but I do not think they even named casey as a suspect until they arrested her. She was just a POI.

I would NOT lawyer up. Not sure why but my hinky meter always goes off when people lawyer up right away. I actually posed the question to Marc Klass last night if he is suspicious of people when they lawyer up and he said "Absolutely!" I have always been of the "If you have nothing to hide then you do not have to worry about how to hide it" belief. I do not think I would talk to the media--mostly because I am not sure I would be coherent enough to speak to them but I would talk and talk and talk to LE. They would be so sick of me sitting on their desks, following all their footsteps etc... When I could not be with them I would be out looking in all the places my daughter had mentioned. Literally knocking on doors handing out flyers. Answering my cell phone every time it rang instead of talking to the media and ignoring it etc...

I would not be playing games with her either. Sitting in jail would be the appropriate place for her until she cooperated with LE fully in the investigation.

snipped

I certainly would not be visiting her lying azz in jail! I would make her sit there in her silence and hope the lonliness got her so she wouls start singing like a canary!

It didn't look like Grandpa could get out of his chair by himself so I would have to assume that LE isn't looking in his direction.

Lee wasn't around during the time Caylee went missing (or at least it is my understanding). He lives in residence at work so he mentioned on the stand. He is also cooperating with LE as far as we know.

With LE's fifth visit to the home to get further "evidence", it doesn't sound to me as if Cindy and George have been ruled out, imo. Also, in the search warrant it stated they were looking for "trace evidence to include DNA, Blood, or other bodily fluid and the like" inside their home.
http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations/08.07.08_SEARCHWARRANT.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935

The home visit Thursday comes a day after crime scene investigators searched the Orlando residence that the Anthony's daughter and granddaughter called home until the time of the little girl's disappearance on or around June 15.

They took away at least four bags of evidence. MyFOXOrlando.com reported that the latest, four-hour search yielded at least eight bags.

Thursday's visit is at least the fifth time they have been at the home. The Orange County Sheriff's Office called Wednesday's visit "routine" and said the girl — who turns 3 on Saturday — has not been found.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399266,00.html

It didn't look like Grandpa could get out of his chair by himself so I would have to assume that LE isn't looking in his direction.

Lee wasn't around during the time Caylee went missing (or at least it is my understanding). He lives in residence at work so he mentioned on the stand. He is also cooperating with LE as far as we know.

snip

But you said:
seriously searching said:
>>JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect.
I have been trying to find where the grandpa and brother have been cleared, since that's what you say must happen to eliminate them from suspicion.

SS, my point is that we are throwing the word suspect around very casually and imo it is wrong. Being termed a police suspect is a very strong term and I think it can be misleading.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back