Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tysm for this. Personally, his smile looks forced to me.
I doubt he had very few occasions to laugh or smile.
It seems they did not have many photos of him. It's like he did not exist. I guess being taken away at such a young age and for so long did make it difficult be a part of a family for this little guy. It's too bad she did not ask the foster parents to keep him. It would seem cold, but not colder than what they did to him.

The video was uploaded on Vimeo as it was non-shareable from Facebook. When I post the video link here, it just posts the video as ‘media’ but not the actual URL.
How were you able to see it on her FB page? When I go to (either of the 2 pages) I don't see that photo or the video? TIA

A dream come true osu - we can hope! If that happens, the DCFS books would be open to their financial shortcomings (don't they all say that?) I predict a lot of mismanagement of funds and UNDERqualified employees. May it happen before another tragedy.

Another case in Florida prompted passage of

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/294723-chris-latvalas-jordans-law-easily-clears-florida-house

Jordan’s Law (HB 315) is named for Jordan Belliveau, the 2-year-old Largo boy whose body was found in the woods behind the Largo Sports Complex after his mother, Charisse Stinson, struck him in the head and left him for dead last year.

The boy’s death came just 24 hours after caseworkers warned Stinson her son would again be removed from her care if she did not straighten up her act.

Had law enforcement and caseworkers been more aware of problems, and had Jordan not been returned to his parents’ care in the first place, his death might have been avoided, Rep. Chris Latvala told Florida Politics when he first authored the bill.

Jordan’s law would set a 15 child minimum caseload for child welfare workers “when possible” to ensure more attentive services. It would also streamline child abuse reporting between caseworkers and law enforcement to better ensure at
risk children are protected from potentially dangerous caretakers.

While I am for reporting any suspicious injuries on a child by a doctor, teacher, or concerned person, IMO many of the DCF time and funds are spent checking into these reports that prove invalid.

Where do you draw the line? I have no idea!

With computers, it would seem that cases that have repetitive calls would be on an automatic check system so an eye is kept on them. If a family is known to have major problems in the household, it is doubtful their situation is going to clear up. JMO

It greatly disturbs me to learn that DCF couldn't do anything when this family had no electricity in the Illinois winter or the house was filthy with feces and urine. It wasn’t stated, was this dog waste?
There is a difference, at least in Illinois. Teachers, doctors, etc are “mandatory reporters” and by law have to report anything suspicious, and they are trained.

Delete

Last edited:
I really just don't have words right now. The abuse is so obvious. His poor little face =(

I would love to see a body language expert look at this photo....

He looks exhausted, bags under eyes, pale, sickly.

His posture is tense, spine straight, and trying to stay as far away from dear ole dad as possible.

Other kid is held, hugged, seemingly happy...

Last edited:
AJ Freund cause of death released, parents bond set at $5M each for Joann Cunningham, Andrew Freund, Sr.

Butler said on that January night she heard a child crying inside a car outside the family's home. When she approached the car she found AJ and his brother alone, without shirts or shoes.

"He said, 'My parents are going to kill each other,' basically, 'but if they don't, we're going to take an adventure and go to a hotel tonight,'" Butler recalled. "I ran back, grabbed my phone, and as I got back Joann was getting in the car and she yelled at me, 'Do not call the police.'"

She granted the request that night, but Butler said she would go on to call police several more times.

"RIP AJ": Signs in jail windows send apparent message to parents of slain Illinois boy

Someone inside an Illinois county jail apparently had a message to send to the parents facing murder charges in the death of their 5-year-old son.

Handwritten signs reading "RIP AJ" appeared in the windows of the McHenry County Correctional Facility Thursday morning, NBC Chicago reported. The signs were visible moments before Joann Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. were set to face charges for the death of their son, Andrew "AJ" Freund.

The signs appeared around 8 a.m. local time, but all but one were removed a short time later.

Jail officials did not respond to a request for comment from NBC Chicago about the signs, including who posted them or why they were taken down. As many as five different signs could be seen posted in windows on several floors of the building.

Even criminals have a code of ethics ...

I really just don't have words right now. The abuse is so obvious. His poor little face =(
Omigosh, the poor little guy. My heart is broken. On several occasions I've confronted moms who were being extraordinarily physical with their kids in the grocery store, etc. and the moms have snapped back at me causing me to feel like maybe I shouldn't have. But now looking at this case, I'm glad I did in each of those instances and will definitely continue to do so, if not more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova