Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO It’s fairly difficult for an attorney to get a client declared incompetent. As long as she understands the charges and the diff between right and wrong, she’ll be ok to be tried. Her attorney will find a Psychiatrist to say she’s one step away from being a vegetable but the State will counter with the opposite opinion and her own videos and actions will show she functioned just fine. She’s a monster but she’s competent. I’m pretty sure the judge will decide she’s ok to move forward . The absolute worst case scenario would be for the trial to be delayed for 6 months or so to get her stabilized with meds. The State can try him while they’re waiting.

This is all JMHO. Maybe an attorney can chime in here. Is @gitana1 here?

I'm not an attorney....just my unprofessional opinion.

Neither JC or AF are incompetent or insane. They might try to go down that road, but it will be a dead end.

He was probably in the rubber tote.
As soon as I saw LE removing that from the Hell Hole I thought they must have used it to stuffed Andrew's poor little body in it.
MOO

AF claims he put AJ’s body in a large plastic tote in the basement of the family’s home on Monday, April 15th. I'm sure that's the tote we saw LE removing from the HELL HOLE.

The train station and/or passengers should offer verification to this, don’t you think?
I don’t understand the reason AJ needed to be concealed from office personnel??? If because of his physical appearance, riding the train would have exposed him to more people, people with cameras!
Maybe deranged Drew was afraid AJ would talk tona co-worker? Did they even know of Drew’s situation with JC?
So many questions.

I would imagine that AJ looked bruised and battered. If the reason for the beatings was behavioral issues (see warrant affidavit), then, I am sure beatings happened often, especially if AJ was breaking down physically.

If co-workers saw him, they might have been alarmed by what they saw. He could have had gait issues or speaking issues if there had been long term damage done by the beatings. Or, he could have said that his parents didn't mean to hurt him.

Or, he just wasn't there but locked in his room for many hours once again.

It sounds like she just took P and went off for the weekend to the hotel leaving AJ at home with his dad? I suppose Drew wanted to go to the office on Saturday morning and just took him along with him? I’m not sure why he’d have him enter/exit through different doors at the office to not be seen by coworkers but I’d be willing to guess that he wanted to hide him because he had injuries.
I bet this never happened. AJ was probably left home alone.

JC fostered a family members child, we haven’t found documentation she was a licensed foster home. There’s an earlier post explaining the difference.

Thank you, I did not realize that. However, maybe the word "foster" should not be used then by media or in records? It is misleading. I know people who have taken care of their grandchildren or children of others they are close to but they never ever say they "fostered" them. Who then was complaining about her treatment of "foster" children? The relative whose child(ren) it was/they were? I would take in children related to me in a heartbeat if necessary and I would not call it fostering.

I am not trying to debate, I truly am asking as I do not know. The reports have certainly hinted she was a "foster" parent and that there were complaints received about that. I thought I had read all of this case on here but I missed that. I do know on the flip side that a cousin or whatever of hers fostered for AJ was that not the case?

I was under the impression a source was to be cited when stating something as fact. If it not fact and opinion then IMO/MOO was to be added to differentiate from fact/opinion. Is this incorrect?
There are links to just about all of this in the timeline. For the new info today, links are in the previous few pages.

I was the one that posted about the boyfriend/ fiancé using his initials. I am at work right now and my break is almost over. It is in the last thread.
I will post it when I get home tonight.

Thanks I just wanted to look him up but the initials don't give me anything, was just curious if there was more info I am not finding. Thank you

Apparently she was a DCFS approved foster parent. SMDH

“The Department’s first interaction with this family began in 2012, prior to Andrew’s birth. JoAnn Summerkamp (maiden name Cunningham) mother of Andrew was a DCFS foster parent who had two prior unfounded cases in 2012. The first case was for Inadequate Supervision and the second case was for Risk of Harm and Environmental neglect.”

Murdered boy's mom was former foster parent

This article give details about Daniel Nowicki, JoAnns boyfriend who lived in the home until he was incarcerated in December ‘18.

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home

Lenders are attempting to foreclose on the home where a 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy was reported missing Thursday, court records show.

Andrew Freund and JoAnn Cunningham purchased the mortgage for their Dole Avenue home from Home Sites, LLC on March 14, 2017, court records show.

The pair failed to pay 2016 and 2017 property taxes on their home, however, and in July, Home Sites sought foreclosure on the property, citing defaulted payments in the amount of $98,909, according to a petition filed in McHenry County court.

The property was originally purchased by Freund for $137,500 in 1990, according to property records.

In accordance with a Nov. 21 court order, the home was sold at a Feb. 22 foreclosure sale. Freund is attempting to dispute the transaction and the matter is expected to pick back up in McHenry County court Thursday.

~snip

Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year.

Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest.

Nowicki was taken to the McHenry County Jail on Dec. 19, and remained there Monday evening on a $75,000 bond.

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald

Last edited:
I'm not an attorney....just my unprofessional opinion.

Neither JC or AF are incompetent or insane. They might try to go down that road, but it will be a dead end.

I agree, but I think the road to justice will be a long, windy road, if JC opts for a trial. I think Drew will get a deal & plead guilty.

I think JC liked to see the damage she inflicted, that was her reason for recording him, imo. So she could watch it again & again. She may have also savagely beat him if Drew reduced her funds, allowing her less drugs.
We will never know what went on in her head.
I just so want that baby out of her so she can get on with being an inmate rather than a high risk jailed pregnant woman. Moo

Thanks I just wanted to look him up but the initials don't give me anything, was just curious if there was more info I am not finding. Thank you
Also right after I posted the info, a member put a link up to his name. No one knew he was a boyfriend/ fiancé until I posted the police communications. It was thought by people that he was just a roommate

Apparently she was a DCFS approved foster parent. SMDH

“The Department’s first interaction with this family began in 2012, prior to Andrew’s birth. JoAnn Summerkamp (maiden name Cunningham) mother of Andrew was a DCFS foster parent who had two prior unfounded cases in 2012. The first case was for Inadequate Supervision and the second case was for Risk of Harm and Environmental neglect.”

Murdered boy's mom was former foster parent

Thanks. I’ve found it both ways. The requirements are such anyone can be a foster parent. Idk where y’all live but in my town, there’s a sign on every corner, with an 800#, urging people to call & get started in the process.
It is very common for down on their luck people to foster, some briefly, in between jobs. It is what it is.
There’s a huge demand to find placement for the kids. Many of the kids have problems a foster family can’t adequately handle, some foster for the paycheck, some for the right reasons. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova