IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably already been discussed, but why would she do a plea deal but he isn't? I hope the two other kids are flourishing and being well loved.

Here's what I have in my notes re plea deal. Don't know if this even answers your question. :)

Cunningham filed a guilty plea to first-degree murder (Count 2: Murder/Strong Prob Kill/Injure); she will now face 20 to 60 years in prison. Murder: A status hearing in the case is set for Jan. 30 & the remaining charges against her have been dropped (Count 1, 3-20). She will be sentenced at a later date, but according to the plea, she must serve 100% of her sentence with no opportunity for parole.

Maybe he'll come to his senses his next hearing & do a plea deal.... who knows!?!

Here's what I have in my notes re plea deal. Don't know if this even answers your question. :)

Cunningham filed a guilty plea to first-degree murder (Count 2: Murder/Strong Prob Kill/Injure); she will now face 20 to 60 years in prison. Murder: A status hearing in the case is set for Jan. 30 & the remaining charges against her have been dropped (Count 1, 3-20). She will be sentenced at a later date, but according to the plea, she must serve 100% of her sentence with no opportunity for parole.

Maybe he'll come to his senses his next hearing & do a plea deal.... who knows!?!
He probably thinks that being a lawyer he's smarter than anyone else and he can beat this. MOO

Can’t wait for “mommie dearest” to be sentenced. She has a rough road ahead of her, I’m glad. I hope she lies in her filthy, dark, nasty cell every night, alone, afraid, crying. You know. Like little AJ lived.

Possible that she was facing the death penalty if she didn't take the plea....,with the publicity of the case, I can't imagine her surviving it.

Possible that she was facing the death penalty if she didn't take the plea....,with the publicity of the case, I can't imagine her surviving it.

I think the possibility of 20 years appealed to her. I expect she will get the absolute max as she richly deserves. How in the heck can she sleep? If she does. If I see a dead bird I’m a wreck.

We don't.

IMO she only took a plea deal because the minimum sentence for her would be 20 years. You know she's hoping that's all she'll get.

Oops, I just posted the same. Ita
Plus with a trial she’d get more publicity before heading to prison. I bet she wants to avoid that. I think she will have a miserably frightening life in prison.

He probably thinks that being a lawyer he's smarter than anyone else and he can beat this. MOO
I kinda think he’s the lesser of the two evils. She might have accepted a plea rather than have “him” testify against her. Iirc when this case first broke, it seems like I vaguely remember an article or two claiming “he” would have AJ in his office on occasion, I suppose to keep things from going too far. Moo

I kinda think he’s the lesser of the two evils. She might have accepted a plea rather than have “him” testify against her. Iirc when this case first broke, it seems like I vaguely remember an article or two claiming “he” would have AJ in his office on occasion, I suppose to keep things from going too far. Moo
I think they are both equally guilty. Imo

I think they are both equally guilty. Imo
Well he certainly chose her over his sons. He’s pathetic.
You’re probably right.
Some of the reports I couldn’t finish reading, it was just too painful to think of little AJ enduring nothing but heinous abuse at the 4 dirty hands of his mom & dad. imo JoAnn is an animal. A savage, out of control wild beast. Moo

I dont think IL has the DP

if they still had it, idk if she would have qualified. Imo YES! Actually, I think a really long life within the walls of an Illinois prison is perfect for JC. I refreshed myself by listening to the news recap. Omg.....poor JC, she said “I’m scared.” Well wth and who cares? I love she’s in county lock up & scared. AJ was in his bedroom more than scared, absolutely petrified and this clown of a woman/mom made videos of him nude, dirty, in a filthy butt room. She must be sadistic to record such ugly things. Why record if not hoping to watch again? She obviously derived pleasure from watching it is all I can come up with.
Soon, she’ll be recorded as she suffers....I’m thinking g she’s gonna be a target. Oh well, lock her in a dirty azz, cold, dark room. Let her rot. Moo

I’ve read little AJ so looked forward to going to school. He was known as a bright child. How sad he never got to attend school & perhaps the chance to confide in a teacher or staff member. Someone that might have been able to get him the help he so deserved. Plus, he would have been out of the hell hole away from the devil in disguise for a few hours per school day.

Thursday, January 30th:
*Status (Evaluation) & Motions Hearing (@ 9am CT) – IL – Andrew “AJ” Freund, Jr. (5) (reported missing April 17, 2018, Crystal Lake; found buried in shallow grave on April 24, 2019, near Woodstock) – for *JoAnn D. Cunningham (35) “mom” arrested (4/24/19), charged (4/25/19), indicted (5/9/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 5 counts of 1st degree murder, 4 counts of aggravated battery of child, 2 count of aggravated domestic battery, 2 counts of concealment of homicidal death, 1 count of failure to report death of child, 1 count of abuse of corpse, 1 count of obstruction of justice, 2 counts of unlawful restraint, 1 count of circumstance of endangerment/death & 1 count of causing child to be endangered. Plead not guilty. $5M bond.
Court hearing from 4/25/19 thru 12/3/19 reference post #597 here:
Found Deceased - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *mother & bf arrested* - #5

12/5/19 Update: Cunningham filed a guilty plea to first-degree murder (Count 2: Murder/Strong Prob Kill/Injure); she will now face 20 to 60 years in prison. Murder: A status hearing in the case is set for Jan. 30 & the remaining charges against her have been dropped (Count 1, 3-20). She will be sentenced at a later date, but according to the plea, she must serve 100% of her sentence with no opportunity for parole. Last hearing for child was 10/21/19. No update re child as of 12/6.
12/17/19 Update: The Federal lawsuit filed Wednesday, 12/17/2019 by the estate of the 5-year-old northern Illinois boy who was beaten to death & buried in a shallow grave this year contending that two state child welfare workers (Carlos Acosta & his supervisor Andrew R. Polovin) ignored clear signs that the boy was being abused months before his death. They found such allegations unfounded despite concerns about the boy raised by police & others.
*Andrew T. Freund, Sr. (60) “father” – Status hearing & set trial date on 2/27/19.

Is today sentencing day?

If so, I sincerely hope JC does not sob uncontrollably & apologize profusely. We all know she archived her dirty work on her phone. No apology needed. She’s sorry she got caught, that’s all. Moo

Is today sentencing day?

If so, I sincerely hope JC does not sob uncontrollably & apologize profusely. We all know she archived her dirty work on her phone. No apology needed. She’s sorry she got caught, that’s all. Moo

from the post above....

*Status (Evaluation) & Motions Hearing (@ 9am CT) – IL – Andrew “AJ” Freund, Jr. (5) (reported missing April 17, 2018, Crystal Lake; found buried in shallow grave on April 24, 2019, near Woodstock) – for *JoAnn D. Cunningham ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member