GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · Jul 14
Dalton says Mueller never called Olson between Dec. 28 and Dec. 30, when Dave Olson showed up at the house to look for her. #mcvay

Dalton says police never followed up on tips that may have pointed to Mueller as a suspect. #mcvay

Dalton says there were no tire marks, drag marks or other evidence that links #McVay to the area where Olson was found. #mcvay

Dalton now talks about the items bought at Big Lots. Reminds the judge that there was no video or photos of transaction. #mcvay

Dalton says there is no signs that a crime was committed in #McVay's home or Olson's car.

Dalton says there is not physical evidence from #McVay in the trunk of Olson's car.

Dalton says there is no evidence that #McVay killed Olson or that she died in Rock Island County.

Dalton: This is the kind of case that defines our system. #mcvay

Dalton says the court cannot find #McVay guilty of first-degree murder to appease the public.

Dalton says prosecutors have not met their burden that #McVay killed Olson. Finishes his closing argument.

Court will take another 10-minute break. Prosecutors then will have a second chance to address the judge.

Court is back in session #mcvay

The burden of proof is on the state, so they get a second chance to address the judge. #mcvay

Court not quite back in session. Still waiting on prosecutors. #mcvay

Court now back in session. #mcvay

McGehee will give his rebuttal argument #mcvay

McGehee gives the judge a copy of the medical examiner's testimony. Says the defense in closing mischaracterized what he testified to.

McGehee says the medical examiner did call Olson's primary care provider. Says Olson was 29 and healthy. #mcvay

McGehee says the ME also took into acct the fact that Olson was found naked in a wooded area hundreds of miles away from home. #mcvay

McGehee argues that she didn't get there by herself. Her death could not have been accidental #mcvay

McGehee says the medical examiner went through all the steps he needed to to determine the cause of death as a hom by unspec means #mcvay

McGehee says the 41-hr period that O's cell was not connecting to towers could have been because it was in a dumpster or landfill #mcvay

Olson's phone was never found. The defense argued that the time her phone re-connected to the network was when #McVay was in Vegas.

McGehee says it's not much of an argument. Phone reps testified that there are a number or reasons why a phone would reconnect. #mcvay

McGehee talks about Olson's fingernails. Says when she was found on April 5, there was no outgrowth. #mcvay

According to earlier testimony, Olson got a manicure on Dec 28, 2013. McGehee says that indicates she died around the 28th or 29th #mcvay

McGehee says it doesn't make sense that Olson would lend #McVay her car

McGehee says Olson knew that #McVay's dl was suspended and that a relative's car he was driving was impounded a mo before she disappeared.

McGhee questions why Olson would lend her car to #McVay knowing that it could be impounded.

McGehee now moves on to Justin Mueller. Says Mueller's DNA was not under Olson's fingernails. He had no way to get to Minnesota. #mcvay

McGehee says there is no evidence Mueller knew #McVay was going to Hastings and dumped her body nearby.

McGehee says the broken necklace found in Olson's hair is a sign that there was a struggle. #mcvay

McGehee also points to the medical examiner's testimony that he found a small injury on the back of Olson's head. #mcvay

McGehee says the injury on the back of her head could have incapacitated Olson. #mcvay

McGehee says Olson's purse and checkbook was in the car when #McVay returned it. Says she wld have grabbed it if he dropped her off at home.

McGehee calls defense's statement that #McVay didn't need Olson's money "ludicrous."

McGehee: Money is an issue in this case. He needed Carrie's money and he needed Carrie's car #mcvay

McGehee says #McVay is the only person who went to Hastings. Says he concealed Olson's body in nearby Presley Circle.

McGehee finishes his rebuttal argument. #mcvay

Judge says he will render a verdict either Friday afternoon or Monday morning. #mcvay
----

Sure hope Queenie is back by then, I so miss our honey of a Bee.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 6h6 hours ago
In #McVay trial news, the judge's verdict will come down at 1 pm Friday.

#justiceforcarrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 6h6 hours ago
In #McVay trial news, the judge's verdict will come down at 1 pm Friday.

I would be really shocked if the verdict came back as not guilty.

I would be really shocked if the verdict came back as not guilty.

So would I, there's no evidence pointing to Mueller (or anyone else), but McVay had her car and debit cards, a phone call to her around 4:00 a.m., his carpet fibers in her hair, the purchase of a shovel, he couldn't be excluded from the DNA under her nails but Mueller could be, I don't think there's any doubt McVay killed her and the judge shouldn't have any trouble determining that from the facts.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 2m2 minutes ago
We're about 50 minutes away from hearing the judge's verdict in the Timothy #McVay case in RICo Court.

#McVay opted for a bench trial, so his fate is in the hands of Judge F. Michael Meersman.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 1m1 minute ago
#McVay 40, is charged with murder, concealment in the last December 2013 death of Carrie Olson, 29, of Davenport.

When it's presented to the judge and he comes back with a verdict, will he have a sentence too? Or will we hear family speak?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 7m7 minutes ago
Not many people in the courtroom yet. Bailiff's have reserved rows of seating for the Olson and #McVay families.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 4m4 minutes ago
The family of Carrie Olson now coming into the courtroom. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 4m4 minutes ago
Some members of the #McVay family also are coming in.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 3m3 minutes ago
Prosecutors argued at trial that #McVay killed Olson, his ex-gf, in his RI home sometime between Dec. 28-29, 2013.

Prosecutors say #McVay took Olson's car with her body in the trunk and then dumped her in a wooded area near Hastings, Minn.

Olson was found on April 5, 2014. Her death was ruled a homicide by unspecified means. #mcvay

When it's presented to the judge and he comes back with a verdict, will he have a sentence too? Or will we hear family speak?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

I don't have any idea about sentencing, I'd think he'd set a date for it so they could do a presentencing investigation and whatever else they do in the interim. I was looking for a live stream for the verdict but CC doesn't have anything on her stream page yet.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 14s14 seconds ago
Crtroom is quickly filling up. bailiff's are bringing in some chairs to accommodate people. Law enforcement sitting in the jury box. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 12s13 seconds ago
Judge Meersman will hand down his verdict at 1 p.m. #mcvay
----

I wish she'd mention whether or not he's allowing a live stream (and where to find it if so).

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 9s10 seconds ago
Defense attorney Aaron Dyer is here. I haven't yet seen the other two attorneys - Dan Dalton, Jonathan Ruud. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 1m1 minute ago
Courtroom is nearly filled to capacity. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 27s27 seconds ago
Judge Meersman is on the bench and #McVay now in the courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc
Back