GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 25s25 seconds ago
Meersman says this is the "end of a long trial." Thanks attorneys on both sides. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 9s10 seconds ago
Meersman explains the diff btween direct evidence and circumstantial evidence. Says there's not a lot of direct evidence in the case. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 1m1 minute ago
Meersman talks about the players in #McVay's life. Olson, his ex, wanted to have a fam, which led to their breakup.

Meersman talks about the players in #McVay's life. Olson, his ex, wanted to have a fam, which led to their breakup.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 2m2 minutes ago
Meersman notes that #McVay said he did not have a sexual relationship with Olson. Notes, tho, that there were over 450 texts between them.

Meersman talks about the text messages between #McVay and Tammy Hegi. The two made plans in mid-Dec about her flying him to Vegas.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 33s34 seconds ago
Meersman says the entire #McVay fam thought he and his father were going to pick up ex-gf Cati Smiddy from Kentucky or Tenn after Xmas
---

Thanks so much for the stream link, Kristi!

Listening to the judge there is no doubt in my mind he will be found guilty.

JMO

Guilty on all counts!
Nice! So happy! Finally justice for Carrie and her family!

Geez, I wish we saw more bench trials, I really liked the way the judge explained all of the evidence and the inferences he drew for the conclusion he came to. I couldn't post tweets during it because changing tabs kept making the stream buffer and I had to refresh and lose what he was saying, but I'll post them up now.

Geez, I wish we saw more bench trials, I really liked the way the judge explained all of the evidence and the inferences he drew for the conclusion he came to. I couldn't post tweets during it because changing tabs kept making the stream buffer and I had to refresh and lose what he was saying, but I'll post them up now.
I was about to say that also!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 44m44 minutes ago
Meersman notes that #McVay never told anyone in his family - including his kids - that he was going to Vegas

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 42m42 minutes ago
Meersman reviews texts and phone calls with Olson, Hegi, and other women in #McVay's life.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 40m40 minutes ago
Meersman talks about Olson's trip to 7-Eleven around 4 p.m. Dec 28. Says she bought chips, two different packs of cigs #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 39m39 minutes ago
Meersman also talks about the texts between Olson and her best friend, Amanda Smith, later that night. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 38m38 minutes ago
Meersman says there is no mention of O taking #McVay to Vegas in any of the text messages between them.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 36m36 minutes ago
Meersman questions how Olson would have gotten back to Dport by noon Dec. 29 if she was taking #McVay to Hastings, Minn., early that a.m.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 36m36 minutes ago
We heard during the trial that Olson was supposed to meet Amanda Smith for lunch and shopping. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 34m34 minutes ago
Meersman comments about #McVay's trip to Hastings. Says it doesn't take 6.5 hrs to get there from the QCA "no matter what"

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 33m33 minutes ago
Meersman says Tammy Hegi texted #McVay just about 5 p Dec. 29 about their Vegas hotel plans. He told police, Olson's that he didn't know it.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 32m32 minutes ago
Meersman also pts to phone records that showed #McVay called his son, was texting with someone while in Vegas.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 32m32 minutes ago
#McVay told police, others that he was having phone trouble while in Vegas.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 31m31 minutes ago
#McVay keeps his eyes on the judge or looks down as Meersman talks.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 31m31 minutes ago
Meersman notes that while he was in Vegas with Hegi, #McVay was emailing his ex-gf, said he wished she was there.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 27m27 minutes ago
Meersman: Obviously, there’s other issues involved here...Mr. #McVay knew something was going on.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 27m27 minutes ago
Meersman: I don’t feel he was honest about dealing with it.#mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 26m26 minutes ago
Meersman now switches over to Olson's live-in boyfriend, Justin Mueller.

Meersman says if Mueller killed Olson, why would he still be at her house on Dec. 30, the day she was reported missing? #mcvay

Meersman also questions why Mueller would drive all the way to Minnesota to get rid of Olson's body if he killed her. #mcvay

Meersman also notes that Mueller's phone never pinged anywhere outside the QCA during that time. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 24m24 minutes ago
When talking about where Olson was found, Meersman notes that "she didn't end up there by herself." #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 23m23 minutes ago
Meersman notes that it's a reasonable inference that Olson was suffocated. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 21m21 minutes ago
Meersman holds up items found in Olson's purse in the trunk of her car. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 21m21 minutes ago
Meersman questions why Olson would leave her makeup, other items in the purse if she lent the car to #McVay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 20m20 minutes ago
Meersman says that #McVay reminds him of a snake oil salesman.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 19m19 minutes ago
Meersman notes that they fell for #McVay for whatever reason, then got rid of him when they "saw right through you."

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 16m16 minutes ago
Meersman says he's often suspicious of circumstantial evidence because pple can infer diff things from the same evidence #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 16m16 minutes ago
Meersman notes that #McVay's story makes not sense compared to everyone else's version of events

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 15m15 minutes ago
Meersman says it's his inference that #McVay killed Olson. "I don't know how you did it, but you did it."

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 14m14 minutes ago
Meersman finds #McVay guilty on both counts.

Meersman says he based his verdict on the misleading statemetns #McVay made to police.

Lots of tears and hugs from family and friends of Olson. #mcvay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 13m13 minutes ago
#McVay is quickly led out of the courtroom.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 13m13 minutes ago
To recap: #McVay found guilty of 1st degree murder, concealment of a homicidal death.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 12m12 minutes ago
Murder carries a prison sentence of 20-60 years. #McVay will have to serve 100 percent of what he's sentenced to.

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 10m10 minutes ago
Lots of people hug, cry in the hallway outside the courtroom. #McVay

Tara Becker ‏@TaraBecker_QCT · 4m4 minutes ago
RICo SA John McGehee says the Olson family will make a statement. #mcvay

I was about to say that also!

Thanks again for getting the live stream link, seeing and hearing him go through all the reasons of why he was convicting McVay was so much more powerful than just the tweets. I suppose McVay thought choosing a bench trial might make him seem more honest, like he had nothing to hide, but it surely worked against him as that judge, unlike the occasional hold-out juror who wants video before convicting, didn't need much else to see the forest through the trees (and who left her beneath them after killing her).

I wish I could have spent more time in here during the trial, but work would not permit me to do so. The streaming helped so much as all I would need to do is put in an ear bud.

But thank you Geevee and any others who posted the tweets and kept all updated!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back