Found Deceased IL - Cheyann Klus, 22, Chicago, 2 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been reading the comments on this thread the entire time but haven't said anything. I want to add that last year 2018 towards the beginning of the summer I found Cheyannes instagram account. I would occasionally visit it from time to time when I started noticing the following count starting to dwindle down. It started around like 1,053. (for anyone that doesn't use instagram, the following count can only be affected by a couple of things 1. the account choosing to unfollow someone 2. people deleting their accounts 3. people blocking said account) It went from like 1,053 to 1,051 .. 1,048.. 1,047 so on and so forth. It seemed a bit odd so I started to take screen shots and I actually shared them with her missing persons page and they shared them with the police. To this day the following count is now at just 1,019. While the followers count hasn't really changed too much. I just think 34 is such a drastic change in following count. I will continue to watch, no idea if it means anything at all. It could be completely coincidental, but it just seems too weird. I had been keeping it to myself for a while, but I thought I would just put it here to see what others think. Something just seems off about it.

I’m not entirely sure what I can & cannot post on this site & these threads. So if either of my comments is against the rules please delete.

Attachments

• 70A4DBEF-3D39-40BA-A060-F15C45E3EAC1.jpeg
    70A4DBEF-3D39-40BA-A060-F15C45E3EAC1.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 102
  • CE233D17-7B33-46ED-9495-69D37772328E.jpeg
    CE233D17-7B33-46ED-9495-69D37772328E.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 7E91470F-E4AA-40E9-AE20-46CDD4BEEB4A.jpeg
    7E91470F-E4AA-40E9-AE20-46CDD4BEEB4A.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 83
I think it is entirely possible that she may have gotten in over her head, or... this is who she was. We can't lose sight of the fact that folks of all socio-economic backgrounds go missing all the time, and the reason for missing has nothing to do with their immediate crowd. Also, once we get fascinated by someone's looks... it causes us to not see the bigger picture of all the other folks missing out there. Granted THIS website brings light to everyone, but the national folks... let's face it, you have to pretty much be white and pretty to stay in the headlines. Mollie Tibbits was in the headlines for weeks leading up to her discovery.

[bbm]

she looks white and pretty to me

The Facebook group is missing but I haven't seen any updates on the status of this case.

I fear Cheyann may have fallen victim to human trafficking. I also find it odd not one of her 'friends' has joined us here. It makes me wonder if these people were friends or just good time party buddies. Sadly, Cheyann appears to have had few, if any, true friends.

I live in Cheyann's area and I'm hoping to keep her case afloat despite no leads. Her friend Chad still posts on her timeline every year, but its absolute radio silence out of Brian. Mallard Lake has been searched twice to no avail, and it seems everyone has forgotten about her.
I've searched one other forest preserve, and I'm going to keep searching others. I pulled up a 2mi radius of abandoned houses around her last known location during that time period, and I'd certainly have my work cut out for me.
https://chicagobuildings.org/#/?address=2100 North Kilbourn Avenue, Chicago, IL, USA&radius=3220&modal_id=9275
I'd like to keep conducting ground searches, preferably with other volunteers, but its difficult when you don't have a place to start. At this point, I'm just waiting to stumble upon remains.

Imo it seems likely that she overdosed and was hidden or was murdered, but I'm guessing its the former. Apparently both of them dabbled in heroin and other drugs and had been to rehab. I'm also a little concerned about The Dirty article written about one of her abusive exes and what he did to her. The comments are an absolute shitshow from both her, her predatory exe's mom, and some other people.
Mike Howe Is A Wife Beater - The Dirty – Gossip

Cheyann L. Klus – The Charley Project

Cheyann L. Klus

klus_cheyann.jpg
klus_cheyann5.jpg
klus_cheyann9.jpg
klus_cheyann_tattoo.jpg
klus_cheyann_tattoo2.jpg

Missing Since 12/01/2017
Missing From Downers Grove, Illinois
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race White
Age 22 years old
Height and Weight 5'4, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Klus has a tattoo of a word on her pinky finger. She multiple tattoos on her right arm, including an Indian head on her upper arm at her shoulder, and a tattoo of a skull, a pink rose and a word in script lettering on the inside of her forearm. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary. Klus's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
Klus was last seen in Downers Grove, Illinois on December 1, 2017. She had gone to visit a friend, Brian Biddle, at his home, taking only her laptop and possibly some extra clothing. The friend said they were drinking and partying and Klus was acting normally.

About a day and a half after she left, just after dawn, Klus repeatedly texted another friend asking to be picked up. Her friend didn't see the messages until twenty minutes later. He texted and called her, but she never responded. Biddle said he went to sleep for eighteen hours and when he woke up, she was gone.

On December 11, a 911 call was made on her phone, but the caller hung up without speaking a word, and it's unclear whether the called was Klus. The 911 call pinged off a phone tower at the 86-acre Mallard Lake Forest Preserve, twenty miles from Biddle's house and eighteen miles from Klus's house. Multiple searches of the preserve turned up no sign of her.

It's not uncharacteristic of Klus to drop out of sight for a few days or a week at a time, but she's never been gone for this long. Her loved ones stated she was depressed over her mother's death at the time of her disappearance. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.

I live in Cheyann's area and I'm hoping to keep her case afloat despite no leads. Her friend Chad still posts on her timeline every year, but its absolute radio silence out of Brian. Mallard Lake has been searched twice to no avail, and it seems everyone has forgotten about her.
I've searched one other forest preserve, and I'm going to keep searching others. I pulled up a 2mi radius of abandoned houses around her last known location during that time period, and I'd certainly have my work cut out for me.
https://chicagobuildings.org/#/?address=2100 North Kilbourn Avenue, Chicago, IL, USA&radius=3220&modal_id=9275
I'd like to keep conducting ground searches, preferably with other volunteers, but its difficult when you don't have a place to start. At this point, I'm just waiting to stumble upon remains.

Imo it seems likely that she overdosed and was hidden or was murdered, but I'm guessing its the former. Apparently both of them dabbled in heroin and other drugs and had been to rehab. I'm also a little concerned about The Dirty article written about one of her abusive exes and what he did to her. The comments are an absolute shitshow from both her, her predatory exe's mom, and some other people.
Mike Howe Is A Wife Beater - The Dirty – Gossip

I too live in the area and also am operating on the theory her body is likely stored in an abandoned building around where she disappeared. BB slept for 13 hours and when he woke up she was gone, sounds like they were coming down off of something. Maybe she left to try to score and some evil person or cracked out tweaker saw her as an opportunity. I'm very curious to know if searches of abandoned buildings around the area were searched. I think most likely the phone call 2 weeks later was not her but I am planning on going to walk around Mallard Lake on the 1 in a million chance I find something. I bet you that phone is at the bottom of the lake though.

This case needs a podcast or something to get local or national attention, it can be solved with more exposure I believe. The phone call 2 weeks later makes it just eerie enough to maybe get a journalists attention
I still think Brian knows more than what he's disclosing, even though police reported he was fully cooperative with their investigation. What about the friend, Chad? Has he been questioned extensively?

This case needs a podcast or something to get local or national attention, it can be solved with more exposure I believe. The phone call 2 weeks later makes it just eerie enough to maybe get a journalists attention
i write for a youtube channel and will be doing a script on cheyann. <3

I too live in the area and also am operating on the theory her body is likely stored in an abandoned building around where she disappeared. BB slept for 13 hours and when he woke up she was gone, sounds like they were coming down off of something. Maybe she left to try to score and some evil person or cracked out tweaker saw her as an opportunity. I'm very curious to know if searches of abandoned buildings around the area were searched. I think most likely the phone call 2 weeks later was not her but I am planning on going to walk around Mallard Lake on the 1 in a million chance I find something. I bet you that phone is at the bottom of the lake though.

My original thought was that she OD'd and was either buried somewhere, in an abandoned house, or worst case scenario, thrown into a dumpster. I've been told that its not uncommon for people coming down from heroin to sleep for long periods of time. One of my theories was that she was texting Chad to get away from the urge to use drugs, but maybe gave in and OD'd. Its pretty common that addicts OD after a long period of not using since they assume their tolerance is at the same level as before.

Its also not uncommon for police to state that someone is not a suspect to put them at ease, even if they're still investigating that person.

IMO it seems unlikely Chad had anything to do with it. Law enforcement would be able to track the location of his phone and texts, no? If he left his phone at home, how would he know how to get to BB's house, or let Cheyann know he was there? And Cheyann's phone would have pinged somewhere else other than BB's house, yet theres zero activity after the last text that was sent.

Last edited:
My initial inclination was a possible OD like someone said above me and BB got rid of the body but I think police would have been able to figure that out fairly quickly. It would prob be hard for him to have done so without help and/or not leaving any trace of having moved her. I'm sure there would be evidence on his phone of texting someone or him having left the house... And he was supposedly using drugs/drinking too so how likely would it be that he could have it together enough mentally to do something with her after the fact without leaving a trace of evidence? The friend she texted for a ride def. gives me "off" vibes and he was pretty clearly obsessed with her. So my lean is towards him unless she maybe texted additional people when he didnt answer but I think police would know that? I know they dont have her phone but can't police get copies of texts even without the physical phone?

My other question was why did it take so many days between the ping at the forest preserve and them actually going out there to look for evidence? It took 10+ days for them to figure out where the phone had pinged? I mean, by then, even if there had been something to find its not likely there any more.

My initial inclination was a possible OD like someone said above me and BB got rid of the body but I think police would have been able to figure that out fairly quickly. It would prob be hard for him to have done so without help and/or not leaving any trace of having moved her. I'm sure there would be evidence on his phone of texting someone or him having left the house... And he was supposedly using drugs/drinking too so how likely would it be that he could have it together enough mentally to do something with her after the fact without leaving a trace of evidence? The friend she texted for a ride def. gives me "off" vibes and he was pretty clearly obsessed with her. So my lean is towards him unless she maybe texted additional people when he didnt answer but I think police would know that? I know they dont have her phone but can't police get copies of texts even without the physical phone?

My other question was why did it take so many days between the ping at the forest preserve and them actually going out there to look for evidence? It took 10+ days for them to figure out where the phone had pinged? I mean, by then, even if there had been something to find its not likely there any more.

I know it's easy to believe that her friend Chad had anything to do with it, but police were all over him initially and have ruled him out. If you think about it, they were likely able to see Chad's movements that night via GPS on his cell phone. Also, if he did in fact pick her up, why wasnt there any texts reflecting that? He didn't know where she was so how would he have picked her up if the last communication between them was her asking for help and then nothing? You could say he called her but there's no record of that either.

I could be missing something here, I mean it's always possible that he did do it, but it seems unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back