Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any hits from the dogs at the lagoon? (Super McCarthy addresses)
We have no updated info. Dogs were very active in the area Sat. We are checking the rest of the park too, not just focused on lagoon.

Any wire or anything with childs body? I don’t understand the weights? Any other material present?
I will defer to John, but we are not going to release all details to damage the investigation.
John: We are not going to give you everything. If we think it will help going forward, we will release info, but not now.

We believe the remains have been there 1-2 weeks, no longer (reiterated from yesterday)
Was the childs death simultaneous to being placed in the water? (Super takes)
We do know the dismemberment was post mortem. That’s why we don’t even know if we have a murder. It could be someone panicked and didn’t know what to do.

Question not heard:
We are looking at cameras all over the place.

Can you talk about the efforts to identify this child?
So, we are working with ME to recover DNA to put into database. We don’t expect the childs DNA on file. We may find a familial relation. Advertising what’s happening… which is why I asked you to keep this on the front page. No reports of missing children that would fit this circumstance. Looking in city and neighboring burbs.
How long will DNA analysis take?

If could happen quickly, it could take a long time. We can’t estimate.
How did it get into the media that it was a mixed race baby?
I can’t even speculate how things get reported.
How much longer will it take to drain the lagoon?
Within the next day.
What do you take away from the fact that no one has reported him missing?
I’ve been doing this for 35 years… I’ve seen people fall into a lot of things. You cannot imagine. People respond differently to crisis. They are capable of anything. I am very troubled by all of this.
Are you leaning towards the assumption that it might be a childs parent that is responsible for this?
Everything is wide open. We will not presume or assume anything.
I misspoke… mixed race is from ME’s office.

END.

Thank you, Kadoober!!

You got it!
I learned of the update exactly 4 minutes before it happened... otherwise I would have given more warning :) I was just looking for a time they would release the sketch and found a live link instead!

You are very welcome!

You're very welcome! <3

Thanks you so much for taking the time to post this. I really appreciate it. I TOO call ChicagoLand home and I grew up 13 miles west of the city limits in a small suburb. Moved at age of 21 and still miss it. Everything has changed so much! There WAS crime in certain areas of the city even then, but nothing like there is now. It's so terribly sad.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to post this. I really appreciate it. I TOO call ChicagoLand home and I grew up 13 miles west of the city limits in a small suburb. Moved at age of 21 and still miss it. Everything has changed so much! There WAS crime in certain areas of the city even then, but nothing like there is now. It's so terribly sad.

You're very welcome!

breaks my heart #tears.....

his/her face is full like the younger side of the spectrum and his/her hair appears to be in twisties.

baby doe needs a sketch w teeth like this baby.

The hair style is distinctive - that's a good lead.
Agreed! It also makes me think the child is most likely a boy. And that someone cared for him at some point.... at the very least tried to take care of him.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

NG is talking about this case on her show right now. They think it's a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member