Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. Some posters speaking of carrying the body parts, but there was a weight also in the bag wasn't there? Has anyone any info what this weight was ? Gruesome mentioning it but without the torso, the limbs plus the weight must have been fairly significant.

To simplify consider a 10 kg bag of potatoes - that's quite a weight to lug around let alone throw into a lake.
Makes me think this wasn't someone stealithily walking by the lake and dropping a bag in it.

This surely had to be thrown with force. Could that be done in daylight with people around, doubt it.

The missing torso really bothers me. Where is it? Why is it somewhere else? I have some ideas in my head about it but they are pretty disgusting.

Just a thought. Some posters speaking of carrying the body parts, but there was a weight also in the bag wasn't there? Has anyone any info what this weight was ? Gruesome mentioning it but without the torso, the limbs plus the weight must have been fairly significant.

To simplify consider a 10 kg bag of potatoes - that's quite a weight to lug around let alone throw into a lake.
Makes me think this wasn't someone stealithily walking by the lake and dropping a bag in it.

This surely had to be thrown with force. Could that be done in daylight with people around, doubt it.

In that neighborhood, I honestly think he could've done it in daylight with no problem, as long as he looked liked he belonged in the neighborhood. Some local-looking guy tossing garbage into the pond might not stand out that much. (I do think an outsider tossing a bag would stand out.)

JMO. I think he's from the neighborhood or has ties there.

Have they released how the child may have died? I wonder if he was a victim of gang violence somehow. Kids have been shot before, even though they weren't the target :( :( :(

Have they released how the child may have died? I wonder if he was a victim of gang violence somehow. Kids have been shot before, even though they weren't the target :( :( :(

No, they don't even know if he was definitely murdered.

Hard to conclude, I would imagine, without the torso. :(

If there were evidence to the head, I'm not sure they would release that just yet. ??

Hard to conclude, I would imagine, without the torso. :(

If there were evidence to the head, I'm not sure they would release that just yet. ??

A lot of police departments choose not to release the CoD until much later on. But, I'm assuming there wasn't anything super obviously wrong with the boy's head since they haven't said it's a homicide yet.

without the torso I though LE and ME said child "possibly" male.

Have they ever firmed that up?

I can't remember who or when it was, but someone recently asked about other areas that have been searched in this case.
I randomly came across this series of articles, one of which states:

Police officers using canines continued to search Friday at the lagoon, but also searched areas of Douglas Park, Humboldt Park, Columbus Park and an area near the Bishop Ford and the access point of the Cal-Sag Channel, a police source said.

Scroll to the 4th article, "Search expands beyond Garfield Park in case of child found in lagoon"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...s-rise-forefront-toddler-found-chicago-lagoon

And then make sure to read the opinion piece that follows.

thanks kadoober. I am looking at those areas on the map in conjunction with the public transport idea and the map link provided earlier.

I've been reading (in small doses) about dismemberment. Rage seems to be a common theme. As well as extreme psychopath.

I agree with that. It also makes me wonder if the torso is still in the killer's possession, in the freezer, waiting to play a game of cat and mouse with LE?

I think my thoughts are there with yours. The parts containing the sexual organs are still missing. I'm sure the police have considered this. I'm hoping that sex offenders have been heavily looked at.

In that neighborhood, I honestly think he could've done it in daylight with no problem, as long as he looked liked he belonged in the neighborhood. Some local-looking guy tossing garbage into the pond might not stand out that much. (I do think an outsider tossing a bag would stand out.)

JMO. I think he's from the neighborhood or has ties there.

After reading about the safety in neighborhood and looking at demographics, I don't see how it could be a non-local.

My theory is boyfriend or caretaker of baby snapped and the baby dies. This person dismembers the baby and bags up the pieces. Puts the bags in a backpack, takes a stroll through the park and dumps the bags.

I looked at pictures of the lagoon, there are thick cattail reeds around the edges of the lagoon. Seems like the cattails would provide some coverage for the person dumping the bags but also would be a a challenge to get through.

I hope this baby gets his/her name back soon! [emoji17]

The weight is described as being "near" the child. http://q13fox.com/2015/09/07/more-body-parts-of-a-child-found-in-chicago-lagoon/

Is this a body of water that people take rowboats or kayaks onto?

I can't remember who or when it was, but someone recently asked about other areas that have been searched in this case.
I randomly came across this series of articles, one of which states:

Police officers using canines continued to search Friday at the lagoon, but also searched areas of Douglas Park, Humboldt Park, Columbus Park and an area near the Bishop Ford and the access point of the Cal-Sag Channel, a police source said.

Scroll to the 4th article, "Search expands beyond Garfield Park in case of child found in lagoon"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...s-rise-forefront-toddler-found-chicago-lagoon

And then make sure to read the opinion piece that follows.

I've marked Garfield Park (the red dot) and the search areas: the parks and what I take to be the "area near the Bishop Ford and the access point of the Cal-Sag Channel." Can anyone check me on that location? It seems a strangely long way from the other areas searched - 24 miles by car.

Screenshot 2015-09-29 at 2.04.24 AM.png

ETA: Wikipedia confirms the general Calumet-Sag channel location. (Still not sure where the "access" is). What bit of information could have led them that far afield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221