Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be as sadly simple as the Cal-Sag's a place police have found to be a common dumping ground for remains in the past... [emoji20]

It could be as sadly simple as the Cal-Sag's a place police have found to be a common dumping ground for remains in the past... [emoji20]
That was my thought, too. In fact I vaguely recall at least one or two UID's who were found there in the past.

With dismemberment there are so many awful ways the mind could go. But I feel like the most likely thing is a local, probably a mom and a boyfriend (who may or may not be the father) and drugs, something happens and someone snaps and the baby dies. They dispose of the remains in a 50 mile radius, but more than likely in far less than a 20 mile radius. Nobody reports the baby missing, or at least doesn't report them missing for weeks or months. Nobody can really remember the last time the baby was seen and everybody has heard a different excuse as to where the baby is: with a friend, social services took him, with grandparents or cousins, visiting a friend, etc. Neighbors notice that the baby is gone, but everyone does drugs so no one says anything and everyone assumes social services took him or whatever.

It happened with Bella Bond, and so many others. The dismemberment makes it more graphic and more possible it was a stranger or something really occult, but more often than not, it's drugs and parents who don't put the child first.

Bodies of water. Cal-Sag is just another body of water. That may have been enough to cause them to search there.

Chicago Police News Affairs confirmed police have expanded the boundaries of their search to include Humboldt Park and Columbus Park, but could not confirm any other areas targeted.

[...]

That’s not to say that there’s anything there, but just due diligence in furtherance of our investigation,” said News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/953457/search-expands-case-child-found-lagoon

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel that since collecting DNA samples from Kyrian Knox's mom, Chicago LE has been very quiet in the search for the identity of this angel baby?

I saw an episode of FBI Files last night about a serial killer who dismembered all of his victims.
He was a former butcher and all were dismembered in the same manner.
They knew it was someone with some experience because of the way they were dismembered.

I wonder how "precise" this dismemberment was?
Have they said if it showed knowledge of the anatomy and dismemberment?

Just wondered if it might lead to some tips on who might be capable of it.
For example if they come out and say that they believe the suspect is a butcher or someone with knowledge of anatomy.
Well, if there is a little boy missing from the house of a butcher, it might trigger a tip.

Probably unlikely it was anyone familiar with the process of course.

Sorry, forgot the link to the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/magazine/hunt-for-a-serial-killer.html?_r=0

I saw an episode of FBI Files last night about a serial killer who dismembered all of his victims.
He was a former butcher and all were dismembered in the same manner.
They knew it was someone with some experience because of the way they were dismembered.

For example if they come out and say that they believe the suspect is a butcher or someone with knowledge of anatomy.
Well, if there is a little boy missing from the house of a butcher, it might trigger a tip.

Probably unlikely it was anyone familiar with the process of course.

Sorry, forgot the link to the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/magazine/hunt-for-a-serial-killer.html?_r=0

I think there was a mention of "crudely dismembered" in an article. Which doesn't sound like a real knowledge of anatomy or (for lack of better words) any type of previous experience.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel that since collecting DNA samples from Kyrian Knox's mom, Chicago LE has been very quiet in the search for the identity of this angel baby?

I think they have, too. But I remember everyone wondering why LE had went silent when it should have been time to confirm Bella Bond's DNA match to that missing child. All of a sudden, she's identified and the perps are under arrest. I am *hoping* their silence means something big is going on out of the spotlight.

I've marked Garfield Park (the red dot) and the search areas: the parks and what I take to be the "area near the Bishop Ford and the access point of the Cal-Sag Channel." Can anyone check me on that location? It seems a strangely long way from the other areas searched - 24 miles by car.

attachment.php

ETA: Wikipedia confirms the general Calumet-Sag channel location. (Still not sure where the "access" is). What bit of information could have led them that far afield?
Here's the case and discussion I was thinking about. The thread linked below is for a female found in or near the Cal-Sag Channel in 2005.

In 2012, a skull was found on the bank of the Cal-Sag very close to the location of the 2005 body. The link was posted in the thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ar-Calumet-River-Apr-05&p=8493952#post8493952

http://abc30.com/archive/8857396/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_utility-worker-decomposed-body-human-skull

Map here shows where the skull and the 2005 body were found, a little northwest of your mark, Forager.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/132...3d92a334!2m2!1d-87.6172619!2d41.6586055?hl=en

This happened just a few weeks ago. Actually, right about the same day they announced the search of the Cal-Sag in the toddler's case.

"Yesterday, police recovered parts of Miller's body in suitcases found in the Cal-Sag Channel. The search continues today."

"Miller's ex-boyfriend Paul Meyers is charged with murder. His brother Arronis Jackson is charged with concealing the homicide."

http://wgntv.com/2015/09/11/bond-denied-for-brothers-charged-in-murder-of-woman/

And, the Marquette Park lagoon was drained in a search for the rest of the poor woman's remains.

"Police have been on Chicago's Southwest Side since Tuesday night, draining a portion of the Marquette Park lagoon. Investigators confirm that detectives are searching for the body of Laneesha Miller, 28."

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/15/chicago-police-search-for-human-remains-in-marquette-park-lagoon/

Butchers, hunters, doctors, etc...

Knowledge of anatomy probably wouldn't be too big of a deal but the proper tools and a lack of hesitation marks would be. If a butcher used a bone saw that would be a noticeable difference, as would signs of proper exsanguination.

Other signs of experience could be the use of one or two sharp knives (vs signs of trying different knives to see which ones worked) and fairly clean cuts around the joints. Joint separation could also be telling.

Personally I think this was likely a drug-induced hack job.

Butchers, hunters, doctors, etc...

Knowledge of anatomy probably wouldn't be too big of a deal but the proper tools and a lack of hesitation marks would be. If a butcher used a bone saw that would be a noticeable difference, as would signs of proper exsanguination.

Other signs of experience could be the use of one or two sharp knives (vs signs of trying different knives to see which ones worked) and fairly clean cuts around the joints. Joint separation could also be telling.

Personally I think this was likely a drug-induced hack job.

My daughter and son-in-law are avid food hunters. I've been there for the butchering. It isn't a pretty sight. But then again, they aren't commerical butchers.

Here's the case and discussion I was thinking about. The thread linked below is for a female found in or near the Cal-Sag Channel in 2005.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...52#post8493952
< abridged, with respect, in response >

I'd always heard about the kind of people "who know where the bodies are burried", and now I know one!

I remember hearing about NYPD divers in the '70's who would get sent off the end of a pier in search of a particular body, and come up with several candidates.

Google Maps isn't great on water features and doesn't recognize the Calumet-Sag Channel. The Channel, I now understand from Wikipedia, is a 16 mile stretch of cannal that was dug 100 years ago to move barges to and from the then heavy industrial areas of southern Chicago to the Des Plaines River via the Little Calumet River. People commonly refer to the both the cannal and the river together as "the Cal-Sag Channel". It's mostly used for pleasure boating now. It ranges from 100 to 200 yards wide, and has lots of access points.

I've started what is so far a fairly sparce case map. Let me know if there are mappable bits of case related info. that I could put on it.

Still no news on this little one :( it's so sad that no one who loved him knows he is missing. Did anybody love him in life???

MOO!!

Unfortunately, I think it's very possible those who loved him know their loved one is missing, they just don't know this little one is their loved one yet. :candle:

Unfortunately, I think it's very possible those who loved him know their loved one is missing, they just don't know this little one is their loved one yet.

I hate to say this, but the Bella Bond case (girl found in Boston Harbor) shows that the excuse "the child was taken by CPS" to be believable in certain circles. It could be someone does miss a child, but has been told a story about where s/he is. (It hasn't been confirmed that Garfield Park child is a boy, has it?)

JMO.

This is the latest I've found on gender, and it was a while ago..........

Investigators believe the remains to be that of an African-American boy, but officials cautioned the body could be of a "mixed-race heritage" and possibly that of a girl. The toddler was most likely about 2 years old, investigators said.

"The hair was short, curly and black in color; the eyes were brown; and the earlobes were not pierced, suggesting the child may be male (but female gender cannot be ruled out at present)," according to a previous statement from Chicago police and the medical examiner's office.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-garfield-park-lagoon-baby-met-20150922-story.html

:bump: Up you go little angel. Perhaps today will be the day that we are able to call you by name.

<3 the lack of news on this case and Kyrians is just breaking my heart.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member