Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're waiting to see if they can find the rest of the body without draining by underwater searching. If that doesn't work, then I think they will drain it. If it does work, then they don't need to drain.

I sure hope they make every effort to search thoroughly.

:(

It seems they are.... it is also possible that they need containment set up to hold the water they may have to drain out. I just hope they ID the lil babe..... no more Baby Doe's!!!

A couple of sad Facebook postings:

https://www.facebook.com/blackandmi...&total_comments=9&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/305402219583398/

Hopefully Diamond and King are not linked at all to this horrible find at Garfield Park and have miraculously survived so far, but it is also very coincidental. Thoughts of peace to everyone involved.

Looking at that sweet face kills me. He is so adorable and vulnerable. I am not sure that he is the victim in this case though. I think they are saying 2 to 4 yrs as an estimate. I think a 7 month old would be way smaller than a 4 yr old. But it is variable so who knows.

ETA: I thought he was 7 months old. Did not realize he was 2. So sad to think he might be the victim. :cry:

No link because I saw this on the ABC7 news but they are saying the remains belong to an african american child.

Folks, we need to brace ourselves for the emotions of this case. It's good that information is coming forth, but none of this is going to be easy.

Folks, we need to brace ourselves for the emotions of this case. It's good that information is coming forth, but none of this is going to be easy.

Very true. This is one of the most gruesome ones I've seen.

My thought is if this does turn out to be King, they might as well drain the lagoon. If this is him, I'm afraid no good has came to his aunt.

ETA: If you are a family member gosh. I'm sorry. I realize all this discussion seems so insensitive when this child may or may not have been identified by now. Don't lose hope!

I am relieved it is not King. But it is still devastating that it is some other precious baby. :rose:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5c5fe2ef-b14d-55ac-ae4f-11d30843d99d.html

I think the families may be reading here and I do not want to hurt them with speculation, other than to say I am so sorry for what they are going through and will continue to keep them in my prayers. It must be hurtful to hear anyone speculate and I am guilty and sorry.

I was going to post this link too, but the article itself doesn't make much sense, to me. I have now read it twice and it seems like something is missing. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

ETA: The body of the article doesn't seem to match the headline.

I was going to post this link too, but the article itself doesn't make much sense, to me. I have now read it twice and it seems like something is missing. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

I read it twice too. I'm wondering if they were given more information from the ME as to why it isn't him? Something they don't want to make public knowledge yet? My first thought, maybe they know the child is female. JMO

I read it twice too. I'm wondering if they were given more information from the ME as to why it isn't him? Something they don't want to make public knowledge yet? My first thought, maybe they know the child is female. JMO

It seems like the gender of the child may not have been known until some later point, but I don't know why the body of the article contradicts the headline. Strange. Maybe the body may be more decomposed than the missing date of King would allow.

Snipped

This is the first I've heard of an additional body part being found:
The medical examiner's is basing its age estimate on an examination of the head, one of the most recent body parts found after a passerby on Saturday reported seeing what appeared to be a human foot floating in the lagoon.

Please let some evidence identify this little child quickly so s/he can be laid to gentle rest with a name.

My heart goes out to the searchers, LE, ME dealing with this awful case.

I am so sorry and sending prayers to both family of the found child and the families of those with missing children. I may just be a stranger on the internet but I promise I am aching with you. I am thinking of you. I am sending up as much love as I can. Know there are so many "strangers" that care and wish you peace and strength.

Sick!!!! Twisted! Horrible!!!! Poor baby :(
HOW, just HOW can a human being do such a thing to a tiny, innocent little child? There IS no explanation! There IS no reason! There IS no excuse! There IS no forgiveness on earth! There is ONLY pain and suffering. :(:(:(

I grew up in a suburb ten miles north of Garfield Park, although I'm not at all familiar with this area.

From the above link:

"Officials are not sure whether the child was a boy or girl.

And they need more body parts before they figure out the cause and manner of death.

All of the body parts were decomposed but the Medical Examiner is trying find fingerprints or DNA."

attachment.php

Remains found in lagoon are of African-American child, age 2 or 3

http://wgntv.com/2015/09/07/cook-co...oon-are-of-african-american-child-age-2-or-3/

Attachments

• staticmap-2.jpg
    staticmap-2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 587
Reminds me a little Malik Drummond, the water, the way he was never found, and where Baby Doe was found this summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM