IL - Damari Perry 6, murdered by mom & brother, fnd in abandoned house, Chicago, 7 Jan 2022 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry I looked it up :( :
ecchymosis
"... a discoloration of the skin resulting from bleeding underneath, typically caused by bruising..."

Ecchymosis is a skin discoloration that results from bleeding underneath the skin and usually larger than 1 cm or . 4 inches.

What happened on Damari's final day on earth ?

I think the charges will be upgraded. :mad:
Imo.
I also researched it.
"Ecchymosis is a skin discoloration that results from bleeding underneath the skin and usually larger than 1 cm or . 4 inches. But a bruise is a discolored skin area that is caused by a blow, impact or suction (suction bruise) that ruptured underlying small blood vessels."

And only on his right leg.

And his internal organs were partially frozen. Yet he was burned in the outside. I'm so confused.

This is disgusting. What happened to this little boy?!!

Idk
I'm wondering if they put him in a freezer while they figured out what to do. That might be freezer burns. I don't think cold water would do that.
That might account for the frozen internal organs.

I want to think that the ecchymosis was caused by lividity and not from further abuse as if the freezing shower wasn't bad enough. :(
But whatever happened I hope there's harsh justice for the abusers of this little boy.

My guess is that he was naked due to the others hoping without clothing he wouldn't be identified ?
Too bad they forgot about the fact that his bio dad and others (the aunt ?) would've questioned his whereabouts.
Not to mention dna tests, which I believe wasn't needed as he was located quickly.
There is nothing a young child could do that would warrant such a punishment.

Wondering if he saw them doing something illegal ?
Were they selling/receiving drugs and he was supposed to be in bed, but woke up ?
Had someone in the household hurt him previously, and he threatened to tell ?
Somehow I think the mistreatment went beyond a cold shower.
Imagine the sickening terror of being at the mercy of people (I refuse to call them his 'family') all older and bigger than you.

Who thought it was a good idea to return any of these children to this woman ?
MOO.

@shotgun09 - just wondering if Jeremiah has a new court date - anything happen at his hearing yesterday? Did he get an attorney?
and any new news on Jannie? out of hospital yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Damari Perry mom, Jannie M. Perry, charged with 6-year-old son's death, had lost custody of her children in 2014 | abc7chicago.com

DCFS investigated an allegation of abuse or neglect involving Damari in May 2021, but the report was determined to be unfounded in June’

I’m getting vibes that Damari was scapegoated, I see it a lot in large, dysfunctional families. I hope he had at least one person who made him feel loved and lovable before his life was cruelly ended.

I think he was too. :(
Especially if he had a mental or physical disability. That often creates the obvious scapegoat situation---so there is one child they can separate and isolate and everyone can focus their anger and resentment right there. It's heartbreaking.

I bet we hear he was sometimes locked in a closet or a basement or isolated and not given food and water for long periods of time either.

@shotgun09 - just wondering if Jeremiah has a new court date - anything happen at his hearing yesterday? Did he get an attorney?
and any new news on Jannie? out of hospital yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Looks like Jeremiah has a Preliminary Hearing scheduled for 2/1/2022 at 1:30 pm. He also has a Public Defender on his case ( no name given ).

For Jannie M Perry, nothing. No future events are evident yet on the site.

Looks like Jeremiah has a Preliminary Hearing scheduled for 2/1/2022 at 1:30 pm. He also has a Public Defender on his case ( no name given ).

For Jannie M Perry, nothing. No future events are evident yet on the site.

Thanks for the update, I’m in the UK and don’t get any unless I actively look for them or come here.

Is Jannie still in hospital with her unknown ailment? Spineless woman is just trying to delay facing the consequences of her actions IMO. If only she had treated her son with the dignity and care she is apparently receiving herself.

MOO.

Thanks for the update, I’m in the UK and don’t get any unless I actively look for them or come here.

Is Jannie still in hospital with her unknown ailment? Spineless woman is just trying to delay facing the consequences of her actions IMO. If only she had treated her son with the dignity and care she is apparently receiving herself.

MOO.

Nothing has been said in the MSM about her condition. That would be a HIPAA violation. We can only surmise what is going on. I have multiple thoughts and ideas, but also am pretty sure that she is being watched carefully under a 'Police hold'. She's not going anywhere. Let them work her up, for all her perceived ailments......and throw her back in jail. She can't avoid this. Hopefully they also have her on suicide watch .

From this ( poorly written IMO ) article, there are more littles that were under her care.

Investigation Shows 6-Year-Old Damari Perry Died Of Hypothermia, Body Was Burned After He Died

"Records show DCFS launched two investigations into the Perry family before the boy’s death. Last year, the system opened an abuse and neglect investigation, where DCFS looked into whether Damari’s mother wrote a threatening message to harm him.

At that point, DCFS concluded the threat was “unfounded.”

Then on Dec. 29, prosecutors said someone was mad at the child and put him in a cold shower as a punishment. The bone-chilling water was cut off only after Damari vomited before becoming unresponsive.

Despite several family members in the house, no one called for help – and Damari died. It is not clear how long he suffered that day.

The mother, Damari’s brother Jeremiah, and the third juvenile brother are accused of helping dump the boy’s body in Gary – then lying to police about how he disappeared at a party in Skokie.

Damari’s mother now has seven children ranging in age from 4 to 20. The younger kids are likely back in the state’s care as she sits in jail. "

shotgun09 from article said:
snipped...

The mother, Damari’s brother Jeremiah, and the third juvenile brother are accused of helping dump the boy’s body in Gary – then lying to police about how he disappeared at a party in Skokie.

This is first time I've actually see the juvenile disclosed as a "brother" - guess it's not the "sister" take took him on his (cough, cough) playdate...

This is first time I've actually see the juvenile disclosed as a "brother" - guess it's not the "sister" take took him on his (cough, cough) playdate...

My guess is the 'sister' was used in the story about the playdate, while the 'brothers' were the ones who went with Momma to dispose of Damari. I think sister was the one who broke...when the story fell apart

From this ( poorly written IMO ) article, there are more littles that were under her care.

Investigation Shows 6-Year-Old Damari Perry Died Of Hypothermia, Body Was Burned After He Died

"Records show DCFS launched two investigations into the Perry family before the boy’s death. Last year, the system opened an abuse and neglect investigation, where DCFS looked into whether Damari’s mother wrote a threatening message to harm him.

At that point, DCFS concluded the threat was “unfounded.”

Then on Dec. 29, prosecutors said someone was mad at the child and put him in a cold shower as a punishment. The bone-chilling water was cut off only after Damari vomited before becoming unresponsive.

Despite several family members in the house, no one called for help – and Damari died. It is not clear how long he suffered that day.

Damari’s mother now has seven children ranging in age from 4 to 20. The younger kids are likely back in the state’s care as she sits in jail. "
Seven children. Where were the fathers?

Had them for the money.
JMO

Just to keep my records straight - I'll post this - even if it is one day late! :)

Wednesday, January 12th:
*Bond Hearing (@ am ET) - IL - Damari L. Perry (6) (was last seen in Skokie with his 16-year-old sister at her friend's home around 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, reported missing Jan. 5, 2022, Chicago & found deceased late Friday night Jan. 7, 2022 near an abandoned house in the 700 block of Van Buren St. in Gary; in truth Damari died on Dec. 30, 2021 during a punishment from his “mom”; killed on his 6th birthday) – for *Jannie M. Perry (38) "Mom" arrested (1/7/22) & charged (1/8/22) with 1st degree murder, obstructing justice (because of fake “story”) & concealment of a homicidal death. $5M bond.
The autopsy found "scattered ecchymosis on the right leg, extremely cold core temperature & partially frozen internal organs & that there was "postmortem thermal injury/charring" on the Damari's body. His pending cause of death was hypothermia, ruling it a homicide.
Info on case & court info from 1/9/22 reference post #80 here:
IL - Damari Perry, 6, found deceased after taken to party, Chicago, 7 Jan 2022 *ARREST*

1/10/22 Update: Jannie: Perry was also scheduled to appear in bond court Sunday but did not appear. She also did not appear in Monday, 1/10/22 morning bond court. North Chicago police say she was taken to the hospital on Saturday after complaining that she was ill causing her initial bond hearing to be delayed. Perry is under police custody at a local hospital & will be taken to bond court when she is medically discharged from the hospital, police said.
1/12/22 Update: Perry appeared in Wednesday afternoon bond court in front of Lake County Circuit Judge Raymond Collins. Collins ordered Perry held in the Lake County Jail on a $5 million bond. She would have to post $500K cash in order to be released. Perry is scheduled to appear in court again on 2/8/22 for a preliminary hearing.
*Jeremiah R. Perry (20) "brother" – Next preliminary hearing 2/1/22.
*Juvenile (16) "brother" arrested (1/7/22) who is also believed to be responsible for his death, faces charges in Lake County’s Juvenile Court in Waukegan. Has not been named. Lake County Juvenile Court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce
Back