IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of Tionda and Diamond. Praying for a Christmas miracle with answers to the girls disappearance. Keeping the girls family close to my heart.

still missing:

Diamond and Tionda remain missing to this day. At the time of their disappearance, Tionda was ten years old and Diamond was three. They were last seen at home. When their mother, Tracey, returned home from work, she found a note from Tionda. The note explained that they were planning to walk to a local school and store. They never returned home. Although authorities admit Tracey was uncooperative, she was never officially named a suspect.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ing-still-need-your-hel-2016-05-16-story.html

I remember seeing the local news when this first happened, like it was yesterday. My immediate thought was they'd be found within a few hours. Never in a million years did I think they would still be missing 15 years later. I mean who succesfully vanishes not one, but two kids?

http://whateverfloatsyourboathoney.blogspot.com/2012/02/episode-4-find-our-missing-tv-one.html

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=31

I have a new theory. I think Diamond had a potty accident and GW lost his temper and harmed Diamond either the night before their disappearance, or shortly after Tracey left for work. Because Tionda witnessed GW hurting her sister he had to get rid of both of them. I think the George at the door was GW returning from dropping Tracey off at work and that he coerced Tionda out of the apartment by saying they were going to get birthday cake.

I would like to know if cadaver dogs were ever brought in to search the apartment and GW'S car.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier...... it seems like the only plausible theory to disappear two sisters without a trace.

http://whateverfloatsyourboathoney.blogspot.com/2012/02/episode-4-find-our-missing-tv-one.html

I have a new theory. I think Diamond had a potty accident and GW lost his temper and harmed Diamond either the night before their disappearance, or shortly after Tracey left for work. Because Tionda witnessed GW hurting her sister he had to get rid of both of them. I think the George at the door was GW returning from dropping Tracey off at work and that he coerced Tionda out of the apartment by saying they were going to get birthday cake.

I would like to know if cadaver dogs were ever brought in to search the apartment and GW'S car.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier...... it seems like the only plausible theory to disappear two sisters without a trace.

Good question about the dogs. Their aunt would look into it for sure. I left a comment on the profile pic of her Adopt A Doe FB page and my comment on the blog page

She didn't post the 15 year on either site. Wonder if she's ok.

Adopt A Doe — "Families of Missing" Helping ID "Does" blog

The mom had two additional kids with GW after this occurred. I've NEVER heard HIM speak about the case! No news interviews, no documentaries, no NOTHING. He didn't even help look for the girls on the day of. And we all know that Tionda called and left a voicemail on Traci's phone that day and said "Mom, George is at the door. Can I answer it?" and that she tried to hide this from investigators, until relatives called her out. She later deleted it. Who deletes the last voice recording of their child?

That woman there...boy oh boy.

Looking again at many pieces of this puzzle along with having a little better idea of how to read between the lines when LE is quoted, I get the impression LE knows who did it but couldn't come up with enough evidence for charges.

Two things seem to be clear, that no one has been ruled out and that GW was the last person to see the girls before the disappeared.

We know Victoria's birthday is the day following? The date the girls disappeared. Someone remind me again what the deal was with GW'S story about taking the girls camping? I keep thinking that was a load of bs because they wouldn't have missed VBs birthday.

I met Tracey at one of the anniversaries a few years back. Having met her, I honestly don't think she knows what happened to them. I liken her more towards being in complete denial that GW could have done it similarly to how Banika Jones is in complete denial about D'Andre Lane killing their daughter.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12...m-in-dads-murder-convicted-dad-of-her-murder/

I'm 99% sure GW knows exactly where Diamond and Tionda are and if they are recoverable. I can think of a few cases where a person has been convicted even though LE believes the MP is not recoverable. Bianca Jones is one of them.

There's so much BS in this story that's it's overwhelming!

Of course that camping BS was made up.

1) Black people don't camp unless they live in a state like Idaho. Regular black folk don't camp. We'll send the kids to camp. But an entire family laying up in a tent in the woods? Get the hell out of here.

2) Sheila nor any other relative heard anything about "camping" until the day this happened.

3) George Washingtonian denies Diamond, yet wants to pack up and go camping in Indiana with them?

The bs is so blatantly and painfully obvious that's it's almost laughable.

You're right, this is a case of knowing who's the most likely suspect, but not having the physical evidence to indict them.

There's so much BS in this story that's it's overwhelming!

Of course that camping BS was made up.

1) Black people don't camp unless they live in a state like Idaho. Regular black folk don't camp. We'll send the kids to camp. But an entire family laying up in a tent in the woods? Get the hell out of here.

2) Sheila nor any other relative heard anything about "camping" until the day this happened.

3) George Washingtonian denies Diamond, yet wants to pack up and go camping in Indiana with them?

The bs is so blatantly and painfully obvious that's it's almost laughable.

You're right, this is a case of knowing who's the most likely suspect, but not having the physical evidence to indict them.

Yes! But WHY did GW make the comment about camping? What was he responding about and to whom? I read something about GW having bought garbage bags and bleach, but I don't know is that actually happened or it is simply rumor.

GW made a comment about camping and I would like to know why.

I also vaguely remember something about about Indiana Beach and I remember thinking why would someone from Chicago go there when there were closer places to go? http://www.indianabeach.com/directions

I'd love to see a cell phone ping map for GW'S location the day the girls disappeared. .......And I wonder if Tionda called her mom from a land line at home or did she use a cell phone from home?

She was interviewed on our local news for the anniversary. There was more on our local news this anniversary than in past years.

I missed the article. I used to see her post online about them.

Looking again at many pieces of this puzzle along with having a little better idea of how to read between the lines when LE is quoted, I get the impression LE knows who did it but couldn't come up with enough evidence for charges.

Two things seem to be clear, that no one has been ruled out and that GW was the last person to see the girls before the disappeared.

We know Victoria's birthday is the day following? The date the girls disappeared. Someone remind me again what the deal was with GW'S story about taking the girls camping? I keep thinking that was a load of bs because they wouldn't have missed VBs birthday.

I met Tracey at one of the anniversaries a few years back. Having met her, I honestly don't think she knows what happened to them. I liken her more towards being in complete denial that GW could have done it similarly to how Banika Jones is in complete denial about D'Andre Lane killing their daughter.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12...m-in-dads-murder-convicted-dad-of-her-murder/

I'm 99% sure GW knows exactly where Diamond and Tionda are and if they are recoverable. I can think of a few cases where a person has been convicted even though LE believes the MP is not recoverable. Bianca Jones is one of them.

From the 15 year anniversary article you shared above http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...y-sisters-anniversary-met-20160705-story.html
The girls disappeared just a day before Victoria Bradley's ninth birthday. Until recent years, Bradley, who turns 24 on Thursday, said she was unable to celebrate her birthday because of her depression over the anniversary of their disappearance.

I don't recall seeing the following article before. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03...man-might-know-something-about-missing-girls/

If this tipster in Gary knows something, I sure hope she comes forward and cooperates. A 30 THOUSAND dollar reward is a nice sum of money.

Something happened to make the woman stop talking.

March 29, 2013 7:17 AM - Sheliah Bradley-Smith (great aunt of Diamond and Tionda) told WBBM Newsradio’s Steve Miller she received an email several months ago from a woman in Gary, Ind., who said something was weighing heavy on her heart.

“You know, she went out of her way to find us. So she must have wanted us to know. She said God was weighing on her heart. Now God is weighing on my heart,” Smith said.
Smith said the woman wrote that, on the day Diamond and Tionda went missing, the woman’s boyfriend appeared at her home “visibly shaken” and told her “he did something messed up” and said something like “she saw it, I had to kill her.”
Smith said police have told her the woman has stopped cooperating with them

Yes! But WHY did GW make the comment about camping? What was he responding about and to whom? I read something about GW having bought garbage bags and bleach, but I don't know is that actually happened or it is simply rumor.

GW made a comment about camping and I would like to know why.

I also vaguely remember something about about Indiana Beach and I remember thinking why would someone from Chicago go there when there were closer places to go? http://www.indianabeach.com/directions

I'd love to see a cell phone ping map for GW'S location the day the girls disappeared. .......And I wonder if Tionda called her mom from a land line at home or did she use a cell phone from home?

I found this article from July 27th, 2001. Traci mentioned the camping trip as a response to LE. July 6th, 2001 was a Friday. They wanted to know why the girls weren't in school (regular school was out, so they must've been referring to day care and summer school). Traci said that she withheld the girls from school that day because they had planned to go to Indiana in the afternoon. That's how it was it was brought up. GW didn't bring it up first. He wasn't do much talking from the beginning, but I'm sure it was a planned answer and story from both.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-07-27/news/0107270101_1_diamond-apartment-marie-bradley

In this CNN transcript from 2007, the private investigator mentions the lake. Traci told him that they were planning to go to Lake Schafer in Indiana to camp.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/12/ng.01.html

And yes, LE did find a receipt for bleach, gloves, and trash bags in GW's garage. That wasn't a rumor. It states it in this article on July 11, 2001. The story was very new and the writer made a small mistake of saying that Traci wanted him to be tested as Tionda's father. But it was DEFINITELY referring to GW and his garage.

http://www.nwitimes.com/uncategoriz...cle_4a937d89-9346-5f74-9ca1-dd943a678a4a.html

However, as the article states, LE thought the receipt was insignificant and coincidental.

Thank you for the links Roselvr and niq.

Interesting. In the CNN transcript linked in Roselvr's previous post, the PI working for the family mentions GW went to his other girlfriends between the time he dropped Tracey off at work and the time he picked her up. Then another 2013 article I linked above mentions a woman coming forward saying her boyfriend showed up visibly shaken the day Diamond and Tionda go missing and that he made a comment about messing up and something like having to kill her........

Additionally in the CNN transcript it is mentioned GW didn't arrive at Tracey's apartment until 4:00 am the morning the girls disappeared. Where was he between the mid afternoon the day prior to the girls disappearance (the time Mary Bradley last saw the two sisters alive) and 4:30 am? What time and date is on the receipt for the bleach, garbage bags and gloves?

And lastly, is Tracey the unidentified female (near the beginning of the transcript) talking about the girls in the past tense?

The more I think about the now 'non-cooperative Gary tipster' I wonder why the authorities can't push that issue further by either filing charges for giving false information (if it is false) or charge her with hindering an investigation.

Why won't she just do the right thing?

Apologies for the late response. We had a hot discussion going.

Thank you for the links Roselvr and niq.

Interesting. In the CNN transcript linked in Roselvr's previous post, the PI working for the family mentions GW went to his other girlfriends between the time he dropped Tracey off at work and the time he picked her up. Then another 2013 article I linked above mentions a woman coming forward saying her boyfriend showed up visibly shaken the day Diamond and Tionda go missing and that he made a comment about messing up and something like having to kill her........

Additionally in the CNN transcript it is mentioned GW didn't arrive at Tracey's apartment until 4:00 am the morning the girls disappeared. Where was he between the mid afternoon the day prior to the girls disappearance (the time Mary Bradley last saw the two sisters alive) and 4:30 am? What time and date is on the receipt for the bleach, garbage bags and gloves?

And lastly, is Tracey the unidentified female (near the beginning of the transcript) talking about the girls in the past tense?

lh.PNG

Latisha Hicks could've very well been a girlfriend who GW visited that day. It's hard to believe that he could kill them, dispose of them, drive to Indiana, and back to Chicago by 12 PM that day. Tracey maintains that she and George arrived to an empty home around 12 PM and 12:30 PM that day. (Of course, this could be another lie. She could've arrived home by herself that day while GW was still out finalizing evil. It's possible that he DIDN'T pick up her up from work and arrived home hours after she did. These are simply things that we'll never truly know. )

I don't know where GW was between the afternoon of July 5th and 4:30 AM on July 6th, but I think that there's 100 % surety that Tionda (and likely Diamond, but definitely Tionda) woke up alive on July 6th. According to the family members who heard it, the voicemail that Tionda sent from the house phone to Tracey's cell phone was sent between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM on July 6th. These are two separate articles in which Shelia relays that critical information.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/22/ng.01.html

In the same CNN article, Shelia says that in addition to deleting the message, the joke of a mother LIED about the voicemail's date, claiming that it was sent a month before. Shelia debunks that claim as they wouldn't pick up Vicki's cake a month in advance. At the very least, the dated and time stamped voicemail confirms that TIONDA was alive at 8:30AM on July 6th.

I don't think Tracey was the unidentified female in the transcript that you're referring to, but another female relative.

I've never found any information about the time and date for the receipt. For investigators to label it "coincidental", it must've been pretty damn close to the date that girls disappeared. No earlier than May 2001, I would imagine.

I don't think that's there's anything law enforcement can do to Latisha Hicks. It may have been different if she contacted investigators and then abruptly stopped, but since she just e-mailed a relative of the girls, I just don't think there's anything they can actually do. She can even always say that her e-mail was hacked. It's just sad that she would raise their hopes for answers, implicate murders and the murderer (knowing that the family has faith that the girls are still alive), and then just terminate all contact. I couldn't imagine, it's just so evil.

In one of the links posted within this thread it was mentioned GW picked up Tracey and two of her coworkers the day the girls disappeared. I think LE was probably able to confirm that. FWIW, it is about a two hour drive from where the girls lived and Indiana Beach/Lake Schafer. It's probably only a half hour at best to take Lake Shore Drive south to the IL/Indiana border to make it into Indiana. GW could have been to Indiana and back in the 5 or so hours Tracey was at work that day. Plus a Friday in the middle of what for many was likely a 5 day holiday weekend traffic would have been closer to normal or even lighter than usual.

If it is confirmed GW visited the Gary IN tipster on July 5th as the email states, and the family can confirm the call from Tionda came in on the morning of the 6th that would likely rule out the credibility of the tipsters info. Unless the tipster was incorrect on the date.

As for the thoughts that there was no activity on the cell phone from 2 am to 2 pm couldn't that mean the battery was dead or the phone was turned off during those hours?

As much as I hate to think so, it's possible GW (or whoever did this) could have disposed of them in a dumpster that was picked up the same day they disappeared. I'm sure there are plenty of businesses in the area which have daily pick up and I imagine the volume of trash picked up daily in Chicago was probably too much to separate and sort as have seen in other MP cases.

I just wish there were answers already.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandaqui