Found Deceased IL - Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs, 1, kidnapped, mom killed, veh found, Wheeling, 9 Nov 2021*Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOOOO!! :(

Wheeling Police Say Body Found In Pond In Highland, Indiana Is Likely That Of 1-Year-Old Jaclyn ‘Angel’ Dobbs

The body of a young child was found in a pond in Highland, Indiana on Thursday afternoon, and Wheeling police said all signs point to the body belonging to 1-year-old Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs. [snip] Wheeling police told CBS 2’s Jackie Kostek they are sending a team to the scene. Indiana State Police are leading the investigation, and were set to hold a news conference later Thursday afternoon.

ETA - More at link about POI. (10% rule)

So very sad. RIP Ja’nya and Angel. Prayers for all who loved them.

So the person who did this is someone she knew. From this article: Body of Missing Jaclyn "Angel" Dobbs of Inland Dr, Wheeling Found in Pond at I-80 and Kennedy Dr, Hammond, Indiana
“Wheeling police described reconstructing the last hours of Ms. Ja’nya Murphy’s life with a focus on locating her missing daughter, Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs, and to find the perpetrator or perpetrators responsible for the crime.

Acting upon information uncovered, including video evidence obtained, investigators were able to identify a person of interest and the vehicle mentioned above. The person of interest had a previous relationship with Ms. Ja’nya Murphy, but is not Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs. Surveillance video evidence gathered at a suburban mall by Wheeling police indicates that Ms. Ja’nya Murphy and the person of interest were together on Monday, November 8, 2021. According to Wheeling Police Department, task force investigators learned that the person of interest had left Illinois. Late Wednesday, both the vehicle and the person of interest were located in Missouri; however, the location of Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs was unknown Wednesday night, according to Wheeling police.”

So deeply sorry to read this. She was a much-loved child. I was really surprised, living in Chicago we didn't get an amber alert on this one. State Police said it "didn't meet the criteria". Since the mother was murdered and the baby was missing I'd have to say it met the criteria so I think there is more information that has not been shared. Prayers for their family.

RIP Angel. It is almost unbelievable that she was found. JMO her angels were helping.

Now if only the light post shown in imstilla.grandma's video above also has a camera mounted to it that will show the POI doing whatever he did with her body and could help provide an ironclad conviction. I know a lot of routes do have cameras so the DOT can monitor traffic, but I'm not sure if it's just real time or is taped. Fingers crossed.

upload_2021-11-12_14-20-59.png

New article

Ahmeel Fowler, 26, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Ja’nya Murphy, Wheeling police said in a statement.

Fowler has not been charged with the death of Murphy’s daughter, 1-year-old Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs, but police said they “anticipate additional charges” as the investigation continues.

An autopsy to determine the child’s cause of death was scheduled for Friday morning.

New article

Ahmeel Fowler, 26, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Ja’nya Murphy, Wheeling police said in a statement.

Fowler has not been charged with the death of Murphy’s daughter, 1-year-old Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs, but police said they “anticipate additional charges” as the investigation continues.

An autopsy to determine the child’s cause of death was scheduled for Friday morning.

he has no soul
murdering a innocent little babe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab