GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for taking and posting the photos (roseb3 and 88 keys). It looks so remote and I wonder what it's like at night.

I looked up Carmi on the internet. It looks like such a pretty, peaceful town. This must be such a shock to the locals.

Thanks for taking and posting the photos (roseb3 and 88 keys). It looks so remote and I wonder what it's like at night.

I looked up Carmi on the internet. It looks like such a pretty, peaceful town. This must be such a shock to the locals.

IIRC, believe someone mentioned it was a full moon or near one when this happened....so it wouldn't have been pitch black as usual, imo. But does make me wonder about those glow sticks.

I was thinking the truck was found on the east end of CR 2210....which would be before they had reached JW's family's house, but according to the description it was more on the end near Coston's house (just around the corner) and across from the Centerville Cemetery. So DC was almost home...and yet....just Wow.

Digging around a little and found this from Disclosure. It's a podcast from 9/1. Six days into the case, the day of JE's funeral and 1 day after JW was found. I was amazed at the misinformation. Tells me they do not vet or verify much of their info. Simply like Coston's age. It would have taken 5 seconds to do that on line. FWIW

http://snd.sc/OIUGyq

IIRC, believe someone mentioned it was a full moon or near one when this happened....so it wouldn't have been pitch black as usual, imo. But does make me wonder about those glow sticks.

I was thinking the truck was found on the east end of CR 2210....which would be before they had reached JW's family's house, but according to the description it was more on the end near Coston's house (just around the corner) and across from the Centerville Cemetery. So DC was almost home...and yet....just Wow.

The moonlight would have helped at night. It also explains glow sticks too, which are used for camping. They could have been used when Coston went back to find Jacob's body.

Three more things I'm thinking about:

1. Jacob's dead weight body would have been real heavy for one person to pick-up but not impossible. I'm sure Coston struggled with that unless he had help. JMO.

2. First I read somewhere that Jacob's body was found in a ravine. Then I remember reading somewhere that Jacob's body was buried. Does anyone have access to any news that confirms that Jacob was buried? Would Coston have needed a shovel? Did he already have access to one or did he go home first and get one? Sounds like Jacob's body would have been close to Coston's home.

3. Does Coston have a history of domestic violence or any other violence? I only see traffic violations in his history. It's looking like that one night he appears to have just snapped.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837806

I found this on the IReport CNN and is on Nancy's Radar (Nancy Grace). Looks like this is one local person's perspective of what's happening. I'm not sure if this is against WS's policy to post this report. If it is, let me know and I'll remove it.

JMO - I think Sheriff Maier has done a great job with this case and finding the person responsible.

The moonlight would have helped at night. It also explains glow sticks too, which are used for camping. They could have been used when Coston went back to find Jacob's body.

Three more things I'm thinking about:

1. Jacob's dead weight body would have been real heavy for one person to pick-up but not impossible. I'm sure Coston struggled with that unless he had help. JMO.

2. First I read somewhere that Jacob's body was found in a ravine. Then I remember reading somewhere that Jacob's body was buried. Does anyone have access to any news that confirms that Jacob was buried? Would Coston have needed a shovel? Did he already have access to one or did he go home first and get one? Sounds like Jacob's body would have been close to Coston's home.

3. Does Coston have a history of domestic violence or any other violence? I only see traffic violations in his history. It's looking like that one night he appears to have just snapped.

1, I've pondered that as well.

2. IIRC, the sheriff mentioned he was exposed to the elements those 6 days..and the decomp was pretty far along.

3. None on-line in White Co anyway. I only checked White Co tho and am not aware of him living elsewhere....? Was he in the service?

IMO, I'd bet he has forced himself physically on women before....they just may not have reported it. The story goes deeper than what we have been told, imo. It always does. I've even thought maybe JW was swerving the truck back and forth to antagonize DC after he was so belligerent with them about wanting help. I could see the kids laughing while doing it....and DC snapping at being made fun of in his drunken state. It could be anything.... It has never been mentioned by LE the reason DC said he jumped out of the truck and pulled the trigger on JW. So LE is holding the motive....or what DC stated was the motive... till the trial.

JMO

If you are referring to this article: http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/12/details-emerge-killing-southern-illinois-couple-su/

The reason they didn't use the word rape is because they are telling us what Coston said. I would think the journalists know how absolutely untrue this (I have no word for him)'s words are. It also gives us some insight into how these (whatever they are) twist things to make sound like it was okay??? :banghead::banghead:

On another note - there have been some journalists I have contacted directly, especially when they say an 11 year old "had sex" with some 25 year old and explained that an 11 year cannot possibly "have sex" because they cannot legally consent. Most of the journalists I have contacted have been very kind and receptive and followup stories have used proper wording such as "rape" or "sexual battery."

I have an excellent paper that I often send to journalists describing/instructing on rape cases. I'll see if I can find it and relink it here, just FYI.

Salem

Thank you, Salem, for your efforts to inform journalists about the truth.
I have no doubt that his defense team will twist the facts and try to have the rape charge dropped, because he says the sex was consensual. IMO, when the sex act takes place by threat of some kind, it is rape, even if the woman consents to it because of threats of bodily harm.
It's obvious to me that he was going to kill her anyway but she did not know that!! She probably agreed to the sex in hopes it would save her life. This happens in many cases, I think.
I hope this monster is put away for the rest of his miserable life!!

I don't believe this article was ever posted. The Patriot Guard was present for Jake's funeral.

http://www.carmitimes.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120909621

That link didn't work for me, and I'm ashamed to say I don't know what the Patriot Guard is, unless they're a portion of the Old Guard, that's stationed at Ft. Meyer in Virginia that does the funerals at Arlington National Cemetery. (If you haven't been and you're ever in the area, the ceremony for changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns is worth seeing.) Is anyone else willing to explain the Patriot Guard to me? Or tell me about Jacob's funeral service? I haven't seen or read anything about his funeral service. I hope he had military honors.
TIA

If you are referring to this article: http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/12/details-emerge-killing-southern-illinois-couple-su/

The reason they didn't use the word rape is because they are telling us what Coston said. I would think the journalists know how absolutely untrue this (I have no word for him)'s words are. It also gives us some insight into how these (whatever they are) twist things to make sound like it was okay??? :banghead::banghead:
I have an excellent paper that I often send to journalists describing/instructing on rape cases. I'll see if I can find it and relink it here, just FYI.

Salem

They are called suspected or alleged sexual predators, rapists, perverts,etc. Generally speaking, I think one of the scariest things is that in their minds they have done nothing wrong. In their minds, the female does want to participate, she is interested in and desires them. They rationalize and justify their behavior.
Is anybody familiar with the Doobie Brothers' song "What a Fool Believes"? If you check out the lyrics, it can be applied to these aggressive and those less agressive interactions between males and females. It's more or less about a guy that thinks this girl is as interested in him as he is in her, when in reality she's not.
BBM

This is not a reflection of my opinion or how I view things, I am just stating what I have learned on the subject/related subjects, in regard to how predators view their actions.

Mods, is there anything here that needs snipped?

That link didn't work for me, and I'm ashamed to say I don't know what the Patriot Guard is, unless they're a portion of the Old Guard, that's stationed at Ft. Meyer in Virginia that does the funerals at Arlington National Cemetery. (If you haven't been and you're ever in the area, the ceremony for changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns is worth seeing.) Is anyone else willing to explain the Patriot Guard to me? Or tell me about Jacob's funeral service? I was so afraid it was going to be picketed by nuts. Like there hasn't been enough grief and bizarre things going on here.
TIA

Ok, Holly and others, I googled them and I know who they are now. I'm glad they were there. I think I realize why the other group didn't appear. Jacob didn't die from the war, he and Jessica were murdered. It wouldn't play out well for the other group in the media if they picketed the funeral of a murder victim, especially in this case. There are some people that do agree with the other group, and they would lose support in this case. IMHO.

Thank you, Salem, for your efforts to inform journalists about the truth.
I have no doubt that his defense team will twist the facts and try to have the rape charge dropped, because he says the sex was consensual. IMO, when the sex act takes place by threat of some kind, it is rape, even if the woman consents to it because of threats of bodily harm. It's obvious to me that he was going to kill her anyway but she did not know that!! She probably agreed to the sex in hopes it would save her life. This happens in many cases, I think.
I hope this monster is put away for the rest of his miserable life!!

BBM
I would hope they'd have a really difficult time getting people to see the sex as consentual when he shot her in the head during it. I guess she consented to that, as well?

At a guess I'd say those blue swirls are cobwebs of the kind that's been there awhile.

RSBM:

Looks like Roseb3 may have caught something? Blue swirls....??

Saw something similar on a pic at a vigil for Susan Powell....and it blew everyones mind.

NO way in hello would I go there at night!!!!!

ETA: Thanks again Rose....and hubby too! Thanks for the help too 88. Great job you guys.

I need a shower now. Just....can't describe it. Sickening.

You know he's still lying about what happened, don't you?

I'm sure the guy that raped me would have claimed it was consentual too. In this case, Coston's the only one alive to say what happened. But there is evidence that will get at the truth.

Didn't sound like self defense, or an accident. Sounded like premeditated murder to me.

I believe what actually happened is different and worse than how he described it. Pieces of information we already have indicates this isn't an accurate description of the event.

I think if there was anyone else involved, he would have told LE. Unless he is stupid enough to want "all the glory" Not sure if his boat was stuck or if he even had his boat there with him.

True psychopath...always victims fault....thinking "well she asked for it"....if "he would have done this, this wouldn't have happened".......blah, blah, blah

What a sick.......

BBM
He could be attempting to protect whomever else was involved.
Your comment about 'not sure if his boat was stuck or if he even had his boat' makes a whole lot of sense. Maybe what you say is true and the boat/truck stuck just a ruse to lure them. Wow.

And did they have any answers to the valid questions we have as to their nonsensical report?

Such as they state that dc boat being stuck is the motive for his going and making contact with the couple..yet when he gets to them he demands that Jake pull dc "TRUCK" out??

Then when Jake is giving dc ride home in Jakes truck with dc riding in the bed of the truck until dc beats on the cab of the truck demanding Jake stop so that DC CAN GET A DRINK??..**a drink from where?**

dc then quickly approaches drivers side window pulls out his own .22 and then coldly with no feeling shoots thru the window into Jakes head, quickly opens the truck door Jake falls/pushed into the ditch there on the side of the road as dc hops in and begins driving with Jessi screaming and asking was Jake going to be ok..to which dc assures her he will be...(my take on this particular event is that Id bet it happened so very fast from him shooting thru tbe window...to him getting jake out and him in and their driving off..imo id bet it was literally mere seconds that this happened in..thats why i believe that jessi was likely unaware of exactly where jake had been shot or the extent of it and not that she necessarily believed dc but with it happening so rapidly she was very unsure of what happened and was desperately hoping for Jake to somehow survive..kwim?)..

From there she of course is begging for her life which I cant even repeat what repulsive things this monster says and was delusional and twisted in his believing his victim some how was willing and consenual..its just repulsive and unfathomable..he says he realized that she too had to die(i assume after the selfish b@st@rd was thru with assaulting her he decides this)...and then to my knowledge how I read Disclosure it only accounted for Jessi being shot only twice in the head..they didnt see or notice the inconsistency there either??..(maybe I read it incorrectly?)

After he kills Jessi it was stated that dc returned to HIS TRUCK AND UNHITCHED IT(obviously the only thing it could have been hitched to was his boat..THE SAME BOAT DISCLOSURE STATES WAS STUCK THUS LEADING TO THE MOTIVE FOR WHY THE MONSTER EVEN APPROACHED THE COUPLE.?)..so what about that inconsistency or rather nonsensical statement??..because DISCLOSURE ALSO STATED THAT DC TRUCK WAS STUCK AND JAKES REFUSING TO NOT PULL IT OUT IS WHAT PISSED OFF DC??...inconsistent/nonsensical when now clearly the truck is not stuck...

And the reason we know its not stuck is the fact that dc goes and uses his truck to push Jakes truck(with Jessi body in the bed)over and down the embankment...

So now we know there is no more use of Jakes truck obviously with it down an embankment..so are we to correctly understand that from there dc drives in his own truck back onto the road headed to his home, to the ditch off the side of that road where he'd literally let Jakes body fall as he pushes Jakes body into this ditch and had taken off with Jessi earlier..so dc goes back to that ditch where Jakes body has been laying all this time and dc uses his truck to transport Jakes deceased body to a neighboring county to where he merely just dumps his body into another ditch on the side of a road there as well...(meaning there would be human remains decomp all over dc vehicle due to the fact that he had Jakes body in his truck as he transported it to another ditch)..

Now what about that "hopelessly stuck fishing boat" of dc's?.. I guess it just stayed hopelessly stuck until when and exactly how was it unstuck and retrieved?..and if the boat was truly stuck well then how exactly did dc have his truck successfully hitched to his fishing boat when he turned to his spot after slaughtering these two completely innocent young people?..ya know when he went to get his truck to be able to push jakes over the embankment??..well it states his truck had to be "unhitched" obviously from his boat...so what gives?..was the boat stuck or not??..its quite obvious in the version given in todays DISCLOSURE that dc TRUCK was never stuck AS THEY STATED IT WAS..we know it wasnt stuck due to the fact that dc returned to his truck and boat, unhitched the truck from the boat and then drove to the embankment and successfully shoved Jakes truck over/down that embankment with dc very own truck that was not stuck...??...do they explain any of those inconsistent details or nonsensical statements that were stated by DISCLOSURE today..???

So how did dc manage to get that hopelessly stuck fishing boat to his home that night/morning???...we know Jake refused to pull it out, but rather offered the drunk who deserved squat..the young man offers kindness of a ride home for dc..so Jake doesnt pull out the TRUCK OR THE BOAT(whichever it is that was actually stuck)..and we know dc didnt pull it out with Jakes truck as dc went and unhitched his unstuck truck from his stuck/unstuck boat..and used his own truck to barrel Jakes truck over an embankment..

So again what was actually stuck that night(truck or boat)..where was it stuck and in what was it stuck(the lake, a ditch, mud, none of the above)???....and how and who got the truck or boat unstuck and got it successfully to the home of dc??

Thats terribly an awful lot...a real awful lot to accomplish within just a mere few hours..Jessi was discovered as missing at after 5am that Sunday morning...imo that leaves dc an awlot to do&successfully, thoroughly accomplish in such a very, very small window of time...

Did DISCLOSURE have any answers to any of these nonsensical statements and inconsistencies?

BBM
What makes you think he waited till he was thru with Jessi before he decided he had to kill her? Jessi may not have realized Jake was dead, but I'd think DC most likely believed he was dead. Once he'd shot and believed he had killed the one, he had(in order to get away with this) to kill the other one, too. He didn't have to wait until he was done assaulting her. He most likely planned to kill her at least as soon as he shot Jake, possibly planning to kill both from oh, long before this point. Please. He may have plotted the whole thing before he approached them. OMG. What if that's true? What if he thought it thru ahead of time and was pssst because they weren't cooperating with his plan?

<modsnip>. All that's really known here at this point is what a suspected killer and rapist is saying. He's the only one that's talked. Correct? You don't have all the details of the autopsies, the physical evidence, forensics, etc. and evidence from the scene, correct? I don't know how much of the autopsies have been released to the public or any other information, but you don't have the full picture. Jessica and Jacob haven't been heard from. While they can no longer speak, there is information to be discovered and evidence collected. <modsnip> How dependable do you really believe the statements of an alleged killer are, that by your own acknowledgement, has changed his story more than once?
Give yourselves a chance to, how do they say, mull things over?
And as far as the Disclosure site, they're only reporting what they are hearing. Some of what they are hearing, anyway. Hopefully, they aren't telling all they are hearing because they want to report/relay the truth.
You also know that the police and the prosecutor aren't going to release all their evidence and information, they can't do that. They have to withhold certain facts because of a trial.
Don't sell yourselves short. And please give LE and the prosecutor credit. They can't show you all their cards.

I really wanted to know the details of what happened in this case but now that I do... wow, I am speechless. Only someone who is really sick would murder people trying to help him. Maybe when he said he "wanted to get another drink" Jake decided just to pull over and let him out, like it wasn't worth helping someone who is that much trouble? Just an idea, I know that is how I would feel.

That makes sense. He could have gone north, gotten on the interstate, then taken the Burnt Prairie exit and tossed the body off next to a back road. Or he could have cut through the country the entire way. Guess you would probably want to stay off the interstate when you have a body in the back of your truck.

Grrr....I wish I could find a map that would show both the county roads and the county lines. This is the best I could find. It doesn't have all the back roads, but it does show how easily Coston could have traveled from Centerville to Burnt Prairie.

http://white.illinoisgenweb.org/maps.htm

O/T... but this,is a great historical map site.... Something I love!

Carry on...:smile:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hey2you22