Found Deceased IL - Jelani 'JJ' Day, 25, ISU grad student, missed class, Bloomington, 23 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: dentals

Assuming JJ has recent dental records. If they're not real recent and the differences in the decedent's teeth are things that could have happened after JJ's last dental visit, that will be ambiguous.

I've also been told that perfect teeth--which JJ might have from the looks of that beautiful smile--can't always confirm an ID because there are a lot of people with perfect teeth and they all match each other.

And it's also possible--sorry for being gross--they didn't find the decedent's head, or it was damaged.

I wish we could see more of an over view of where the car was. Like how close it was to nearby roads. Surely LE knows or has an idea if it’s him that was in the river. Horrible to say but maybe the body pulled was beheaded, that’s the only reason I can think that it wouldn’t be identified. Even still DNA.

Re: dentals

Assuming JJ has recent dental records. If they're not real recent and the differences in the decedent's teeth are things that could have happened after JJ's last dental visit, that will be ambiguous.

I've also been told that perfect teeth--which JJ might have from the looks of that beautiful smile--can't always confirm an ID because there are a lot of people with perfect teeth and they all match each other.

And it's also possible--sorry for being gross--they didn't find the decedent's head, or it was damaged.
Oh boy we were thinking the same thing at the same time…that’s scary lol.

I wish we could see more of an over view of where the car was. Like how close it was to nearby roads. Surely LE knows or has an idea if it’s him that was in the river. Horrible to say but maybe the body pulled was beheaded, that’s the only reason I can think that it wouldn’t be identified. Even still DNA.

You can look up the location on google maps, and choose satellite. (It's the wooded area near Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru, IL - we don't know exactly where in the wooded area but it only spans about 3-4 blocks).

From what it looks like to me, the Illinois river is maybe about 12 or so blocks blocks away from the wooded area. The area itself is completely surrounded by parks and lots of residences, a high school is nearby. It does seem strange that no one would notice it but the town population is only ~9,000+, so it might be a quiet town by nature. Definitely take a look and tell me what you think!

You can look up the location on google maps, and choose satellite. (It's the wooded area near Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru, IL - we don't know exactly where in the wooded area but it only spans about 3-4 blocks).

From what it looks like to me, the Illinois river is maybe about 12 or so blocks blocks away from the wooded area. The area itself is completely surrounded by parks and lots of residences, a high school is nearby. It does seem strange that no one would notice it but the town population is only ~9,000+, so it might be a quiet town by nature. Definitely take a look and tell me what you think!

Yep. It would sure be a strange place to park a car in order to jump in the water. It also would be strange to drive 60 miles away when there are more secluded bodies of water near Bloomington.

He apparently is from Danville which is way over near Indiana. His mom lives over near St. Louis? I'm not seeing a Peru connection.

I don't read too much into people not noticing the car the right away.
Google Maps

Attachments

• Peru.png
    Peru.png
    650.2 KB · Views: 25
from ^

A body found on September 4 in LaSalle County, Illinois has been identified as missing Illinois State University Student Jelani Day.

Currently the cause of death is unknown, pending further investigation, and toxicology testing.

Posted 40 minutes ago by Find Jelani Day Facebook page:
“From the Family of Jelani Day:

There are no words to clearly communicate our devastation. We learned this morning from the LaSalle County Coroner the deceased man found in Peru, IL on Saturday, September 4 is Jelani. Our hearts are broken.

We ask that you continue to pray for our family during what will be very hard days ahead. Throughout these 30 days, our very first concern was finding Jelani, and now we need to find out #WhatHappenedToJelaniDay

At this moment there are more questions than answers surrounding Jelani’s disappearance and death, and that is where we will focus our energy. As of this moment, we do not know what happened to Jelani and we will not stop until we do.

This week we learned new evidence has been discovered and police are working new leads related to Jelani’s disappearance. This case is not closed and the investigation is not over.

We STILL need people who have information to come forward. If you know anything about what happened to Jelani, or had contact with Jelani in the days and weeks before his disappearance, please contact Bloomington Police Detective Paul Jones at (309)434-2548 or email him at pjones@cityblm.org.

We have also hired JAB Professional Services to assist the police. Information regarding Jelani’s disappearance can be emailed/texted to Beliveaups@yahoo.com 618-223-0044 (C) The family is offering a $25,000+ cash reward. FIND JELANI DAY!!!, organized by Dacara Bolden

Thank you to every single person who has thought about, prayed for, talked about and searched for Jelani. The love you’ve shown our family has sustained us and we will definitely need you even more in the days to come. We love each and every one of you for making Jelani’s story personal.

We will continue to share updates on Jelani’s case as information becomes available.”

Rest in peace. Gone too soon.

Forgive me if this doesn't show up, or shows up too small, it's the first time I'm putting a picture in a post.

This is the walking distance between the YMCA and the bridge where Jelani was found in Peru, IL. It says it's a 25 minute walk.

upload_2021-9-23_16-0-33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member