IL IL - Joshua Amos, 32, left a strip club, has bipolar disorder, Washington Park, 19 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
7519b7dea2e69e1f62c2d10bdeb3876d

The family of a 32-year-old Granite City man is frantic with worry because they have not seen him since Sunday.

Christine Simpson said her son, Joshua Amos, was last seen in a surveillance video at Scarlet Strip Club in Washington Park.

“He was leaving there at 5 a.m. We have not seen him since,” she said. “We are frantic with worry. This is not like him.”

More at Granite City mother ‘frantic with worry’ over missing 32-year-old son

MAR 23

Investigators say Amos was last seen in the Washington Park area near Bunkum Road on Sunday morning. Family members tell FOX 2 he walks with a limp and was last seen on foot.

Police are following up on some tips that he might be in Missouri or Illinois.

The family is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Joshua Amos, who is 32. The search Friday was in East St. Louis, where cameras from a local trucking company on Lincoln Avenue captured Amos’ image at 7:28 a.m. Sunday. He was seen on surveillance video leaving Scarlett’s strip club on Bunkum Road in Washington Park at 5 a.m., according to his mother, Christine Simpson.

The two sites - the trucking company in East St. Louis and the club in Washington Park - are about four miles apart. Around 1:30 p.m. Friday, the search for Amos continued in the 2000 block of North 23rd Street in East St. Louis. Amos’ family, friends and Illinois State Police were following closely behind the search dog and his handler. The name of the group with the search dog is SAR K9 Co-op Inc. “We’re hoping he will be found safe,” his mother told the BND on Friday. “Our family misses him and wants him home.”

WASHINGTON PARK, Il. (KMOV) - Authorities are searching for a missing Granite City man who hasn’t been seen since Sunday.

Washington Park police said Joshua Amos, 32, went missing early Sunday morning in Washington Park. Detectives told News 4 Amos was with friends at Scarlett’s Cabaret St. Louis on Bunkum Road Saturday night.

Investigators added Amos was spotted on surveillance footage walking near Bunkum Road and Vasser Avenue at 5 a.m. Sunday. Amos’ family confirmed to News 4 he was seen on Sunday at the Emerson Park Metro Station in East St. Louis.

“We just need to know he’s OK,” his mother Christina Simpson said. “And for whatever reason--decided to leave on foot. The search dogs lost his scent on Avon Avenue in Washington Park. We just want him back. He has two daughters that he loves very much. They’re younger, so they don’t know dad is missing yet. He has four sisters and two brothers and a mom that loves him.”

[...]

I live nearby to this area. It is a shady area with lots of criminal activity. It is definitely not an area to be walking in at 5AM.

Edit: Just noticed he was seen on surveillance at 7:30 AM Sunday morning.
Definitely not somewhere he should be walking at all, including without a cell phone. That area is bad. I don't believe it will be a good outcome.

MAR 27

Saturday, searchers looked from 23rd Street in East St. Louis to Kingshighway near the Washington Park border covering wooded and noticeable areas.

Some went door-to-door in East St. Louis asking if anyone had seen the missing person. Police used a canine to attempt to track the missing person on Friday to no avail.

Authorities speculate Josh may have gotten a ride with someone in that area or walked.

Does anyone know what the failure of tracking dogs means? Does that mean he wasn't there? I don't know enough but its my understanding (which could be completely wrong) that a dog can track a scent even many hours later.

Does anyone know what the failure of tracking dogs means? Does that mean he wasn't there? I don't know enough but its my understanding (which could be completely wrong) that a dog can track a scent even many hours later.
Tracking dogs fail all the time. There's a thread @bombardier put together of missing persons found within areas previously searched, hopefully they'll pop up with a link. It happens constantly and in most cases, search dogs were used and missed the body/scent.

Thanks for the link @Unalienable Rights. A few details in the article are -

[…]

Amos was wearing a gray hoodie, blue jeans and black Adidas shoes when he disappeared. He is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs about 190-195 pounds. He has tattoos on his chest, left and right biceps and lower arms. His chest tattoos are of his daughters’ names, one beginning with a `B’ and the other beginning with an `M.’

Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article273728415.html#storylink=cpy

[…]

Christina said she has heard several rumors about her son’s disappearance. “There was a rumor that Josh was mugged that morning. We haven’t been able to prove that,” she said. “There’s just no leads, no tips right now.”

Although Christina doesn’t know what exactly happened to her son, she said she does have a theory. “He had been extremely cold, and we’re scared that he fell asleep somewhere and just didn’t wake up,” she said. “He succumbed to the cold weather.”

Whatever happened to Josh, Christina told Dateline she is determined to find out. She runs the ‘Bring Josh Amos Home’ Facebook page dedicated to getting answers about her son. “I will always appreciate the people that have helped,” Christina said. “There’s been blessings woven into the heartbreak.”
Kyani Reid

Josh is 5’11,” 190 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a light grey long-sleeve crew neck shirt, and black Adidas tennis shoes. He has several tattoos including his daughters’ names, Bella and Mia, on his chest and a Chinese symbol on his right bicep. According to Christina, due to lower back pain, he has a very distinctive walk.

A $10,000 reward is being offered by Josh’s family to anyone who has information that will lead them to him.

Tracking dogs fail all the time. There's a thread @bombardier put together of missing persons found within areas previously searched, hopefully they'll pop up with a link. It happens constantly and in most cases, search dogs were used and missed the body/scent.
Could it also mean that his scent trail abruptly ended? Maybe he was in a vehicle when the trail went cold.

Could it also mean that his scent trail abruptly ended? Maybe he was in a vehicle when the trail went cold.
It's possible. Don't ask me how but I have personally witnessed an intoxicated person get hit by a car on Rt. 3 in Sauget at one of the other E St. Louis strip clubs. I'm personally inclined to believe he didn't make it far.

I had to drive through Washington Park/ E. St. Louis to get to Illinois.... I absolutely had to stop for gas. It was unreal, almost like I wasn't in America anymore, it's very bad there. People would try to follow me to my car.....it's possible it was a mugging or robbery gone wrong.

From the article in @Unalienable Rights post # 15:

“The last confirmed sighting on camera is at 7:28 a.m. Sunday morning,” Christina said. She told Dateline that Josh was captured on camera at Ee-Jay Motor Transports in East St. Louis, about five minutes from the Emerson Park MetroLINK station. “It shows Josh walking through the parking lot. Nobody’s following him. There’s no cars around him. That’s the last time we see him on video,” Christina said.

This is probably silly, but one thing that sticks out to me when I look at Ee-Jay Motor Transports is all the train cars there - could he have entered one somehow to get out of the cold? If they are used for storage there might be some that will never be touched until needed:

1687219196033.png

1687219233632.png

1687219266230.png

1687219211813.png

1687219304057.png

1687219329890.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics