IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameras recorded someone entering the vacant kitchen about 8:30 p.m., the newspaper reported. But the person just looked around and left.

It wasn’t until 12:30 a.m. Sunday, the Tribune wrote, that someone went back to the kitchen, inspected the corner where Jenkins last appeared in the video, then left and returned with a police officer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...er-last-known-moments/?utm_term=.951fe0ecea13

Just think what might have happened if she made it to her car. She could have killed her friends or an innocent motorist. Now that would be a tragedy.
We have no way of knowing if she would have attempted to drive or not. This is not a fair assumption.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just think what might have happened if she made it to her car. She could have killed her friends or an innocent motorist. Now that would be a tragedy.

There is no evidence she was driving. They very well may have had a DD arranged. This IS a tragedy. And WS is a victim friendly forum.

behind

just saw the video it is sad

what is the purpose of releasing it?

IMO that is cruel and not necc -they could have just left it that video shows that the victim appeared intox or influenced

what benefit does society have in seeing this poor lost woman

horrible

moo

Does lean make someone hot?

Was there anything on her body like a head bump that knocked her out or is it like she sat down in thier or passed out?

One would think the cold might snap someone out of it a bit no?

Again very behind so sorry if this has been discussed earlier.

Not to me. Being super wasted via alcohol causes a different kind of balance issue in my experience. More all around loose and side to side stumbly. She has a weirdly veering gait that I've never seen in a super drunk person. And I've seen a lot of drunks. Including many falling down drunks. (Fun times. :()

I thought drunk too - I had times like that in my past

especially the part when she grabs the stair handle but I don't know what lean looks life

Does lean make someone hot?

Was there anything on her body like a head bump that knocked her out or is it like she sat down in thier or passed out?

One would think the cold might snap someone out of it a bit no?

Again very behind so sorry if this has been discussed earlier.

We don't know anything about the condition her body was found in, injuries or not, etc.

If she had felt hot wouldn't she have taken off her jacket first before searching for a cool spot?

I don't think she felt hot, I think she was looking for the exit.

behind

just saw the video it is sad

what is the purpose of releasing it?

IMO that is cruel and not necc -they could have just left it that video shows that the victim appeared intox or influenced

what benefit does society have in seeing this poor lost woman

horrible

moo

Public pressure I think.

As an adult I have been in buildings and hotels that can be confusing to get around and find your way back to your room or where you need to be- while being SOBER! At 19 if I was drunk and very high on weed, I could see how it would be very hard to get around a big hotel with numerous staircases and elevators. She doesn't have the life experience and she is intoxicated making it very hard to get around. IF, IF the weed was laced with anything or other substances were at the party- it is a recipe for disaster.

She is having a very hard time walking and looks very confused. The freezer door probably seemed like the hundredth door she came upon walking all those hallways. She opened it and shut it or it swung shut. Being young she might not know about the push knob inside commercial freezers. They specified in the WGN segment that it was an old freezer. Maybe the knob was broken, the door incredibly heavy, or she just didn't know how to use that push knob. They also mentioned it was dark in there. Being an older freezer, the push knob probably wasn't glow in the dark like most newer ones I've seen. If it is a sliding freezer door, those can be so heavy and so hard to open and shut. I wonder how big it was.

My heart just breaks for her and I teared up watching it. I think she was just trying to make it back to her friends. I wonder why she left the room and/or party to begin with? Poor thing. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

moo

That is how I feel she just looks so lost and I get lost a lot! It gets worse the longer you go and more scary ---

Albout 10 years ago (sober) I made a wrong turn and ended up in a neighborhood - so there was no like 7-11 to ask.

There was no people around - I did not even know what road I was trying to get to.

I started crying and saw a Fed Ex truck he saw what a wreck I was he had me follow him out to a main road it was scary

Of course Kenneka's death wasn't a tragedy? How sad that you don't think her life had value. This was an eighteen year old. She had a new job & had aspirations to be a lawyer. Her mother as noted, is struggling to recover from a double mastectomy. Compassion is in order, not a self righteous judgment. IMO

I feel awful for the mother, family and friends of this young girl, but I wonder how much mom knew about where daughter was going to be, what she would be doing, etc.

Regardless, lawsuit is definitely in this hotel's future.

Its a sad story but am a bit confused as to what the hotel or the cops liability is .

A hotel cant keep someone from getting disoriented for whatever reason -- so what is the lawsuit alleging?

The reason why it is so bizarre is casue it it belizaire-- so the expectation that if someone started looking for her earlier that would only be contingent on how much earlier - wherein someone could have seen her in a hallway stumbling about .

After she got in the freezer the notion that she could gave been saved feels wrong to me -- people just don't think let me check a fridge so I think she would have died once the door behind her closed jmo

Lean has been around for awhile thanks to Lil Wayne, nothing new about it, but still can't rule it out. The video snips of her wandering make her look like she is full on tripping on something. I'm thinking she took X or smoked some laced product.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

"Lean" has literally been around for decades before hiphop picked it up.. Codeine based cough syrup is one of those things old men used to be known for drinking way, way back in the day.. I'm talking the days when this type of thing legal and sold as a cure all type deal. Can't sleep? Headach? Sore muscles? Try some _____ Elixir!

I have to admit I have never heard of "Lean" before. I am always learning something from these threads.

In about two hours time, Kenneka went from entering the hotel to being totally wasted ... unable to keep her balance. I can believe she was able to walk into a freezer in that state and not realize where she was. if she sat down or laid down and possibly passed out ... her death may not have been intentional on the part of anyone. Very sad for her family.

There are so many articles to be found, but I suspect many of the pages would not be allowed here. Many seem to be a lot of speculation.

I believe she was definitely under the influence of something too. I'd like to know what her BAC level was at time of death. She ran into the walls multiple times and even at one point she walked right into the railing. From the live video posted by her friend.. didn't she state at one point she was not drunk? Or am I making that up?

the more i go through the thread starting to wonder if it was a drug cause time helps alcohol whereas time makes drug intesift depending on when taken.

weed wont typically do that either -- so if they say she was wondering a least an hour and getting worse that would seem to indicate a pill entering bloodstream as opposed to kidneys liver removing alcohol moo

dont know timeframes yet what was the duration between time in room where it seems as if she is fine according to posts here

has anyone in the room admitted to chemicals being used that night?

it also almost can be drugged without knowledge its kinda hard to believe that if i were with friends and bouncing all over friends would not let me go wandering about in that state-- so it seems it might have
kicked in after she stepped out

think how scary that is

it is totally diff if you do not know that you have been drugged compared to taking something- you don't know and understand what is starting

date rape stuff is a downer just lie down which might fit with lying down in a dark environ moo

Family of girl found dead in hotel freezer takes issue with investigation

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/15/family-...hotel-freezer-takes-issue-with-investigation/

BBM. Is this new info? I thought the freezer was on all this time. :scared:

I did not know she was opening random doors so that would add credibility to her opening the freezer door -- as oppossed to being placed there by someone else -- it is congruent behavior in terms of context of the whole tragedy moo

Is everyone assuming, or has law enforcement stated that this was an accident?

31 young kids partying --in a hotel -- seems like date rape drug could be a real possibility

and the perp did not expect her to wander off ??

were there any other reports of sexual aggressive behavior in the room that night??

what are the kids they have interviewed saying about the party wild

at 31 kids I am surprised there were no noise complaints?

That in itself does not sound like a wild party

Isn't this an activist? I'm not saying they're wrong, but they are not law enforcement.

When I first heard about this I instantly thought an employee -- who would know where a giant hotels walk in freezer is -- but after seeing the wandering who knows

I'm a little younger than a lot of posters here (23), so maybe I can help with my perspective on a few things. I did see some speculation about "kickback" and the friend who worked at the hotel getting money (hence the kickback), but usually this just refers to a more casual, smaller party (you're just "kicking back" with friends). Which is also why the party for the most part seems pretty chill and not super crowded.

A lot of my friends' parents were also really chill about these more illicit activities. One friend's dad actually got a fake ID for her and another friend's mom express mailed her her fake when she left it at home on her way back to school. So it isn't particularly suspicious or unbelievable to me that KJ's friends called her mom when she was missing. Most people I know would have been more willing to call a chill parent than to call 911 or alert the hotel staff who might then call 911 because they wouldn't want to deal with the police. I also haven't seen anywhere that they actually drove the car away, so if they looked in the most obvious places and then went out to the car to wait/see if she had already gone out there that doesn't seem nearly as egregious to me as it apparently does to some people.

With the new videos released yesterday showing her still partying and enjoying herself after the original live video, I just don't see how the nefarious rape/sexual assault/murder claims people are making about the original live video jive. Even if the security video at 3:20am wasn't her drunk but instead traumatized from assault, the new videos indicate any assault would have occurred at least an hour after the original live video.

I'm leaning toward tragic accident.

My dear

at 23 your a lot younger than many of us !!!!

Having been in Management in top hotels, where was security?

A Crowne Plaza in Chicago, at O'Hare Airport would surely have nighttime security. A nighttime auditor and perhaps one front desk clerk does not seem sufficient to be the only staff on duty.

It sounds to me like no one was watching the security cameras. When she kept being seen stumbling around, that is a reason for security to go check on her. However, the second she entered the kitchen, red flags should have sent security running to the kitchen! That is a no-man's land that she had no business entering!

I feel that is one reason the kitchen was not checked immediately! People / guests are not allowed in it. Therefore, the kitchen would not be on anyone's mind as a place to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member