IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think it was probably primarily drugs rather than alcohol, based on the videos I've seen. To be that drunk, she'd probably have felt sick and wouldn't have kept moving.

I think it was an accident but, legally, there may be issues around safety and negligence, both on the part of the hotel and the people who rented the room/brought the drugs for the party. A hotel knows members of the public wander around, and a freezer is a deadly environment, like a pool.

Its a sad story but am a bit confused as to what the hotel or the cops liability is .

A hotel cant keep someone from getting disoriented for whatever reason -- so what is the lawsuit alleging?

The reason why it is so bizarre is casue it it belizaire-- so the expectation that if someone started looking for her earlier that would only be contingent on how much earlier - wherein someone could have seen her in a hallway stumbling about .

After she got in the freezer the notion that she could gave been saved feels wrong to me -- people just don't think let me check a fridge so I think she would have died once the door behind her closed jmo

Maybe I'm being a little pessimistic, but I feel like lawsuits often come out of situations like this, tbh. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head, though. We shall see, I guess.

Having been in Management in top hotels, where was security?

A Crowne Plaza in Chicago, at O'Hare Airport would surely have nighttime security. A nighttime auditor and perhaps one front desk clerk does not seem sufficient to be the only staff on duty.

It sounds to me like no one was watching the security cameras. When she kept being seen stumbling around, that is a reason for security to go check on her. However, the second she entered the kitchen, red flags should have sent security running to the kitchen! That is a no-man's land that she had no business entering!

I feel that is one reason the kitchen was not checked immediately! People / guests are not allowed in it. Therefore, the kitchen would not be on anyone's mind as a place to look.

Did people see her stumbling around??

Thanks! This clears it up.

I think the tox report will clear a lot of this up /

But remember in Austins case it took like 4 months. WIth an FBI rush

It may be quicker maybe cause Austins was really special screening .

I dont know why really but the more I go through the thread I am going for a date rape drug thrown for a loop cause she wandered off

Thank you, this is an important point. IMO, we shouldn't draw conclusions based on the results being pending. Kaytlynn Cargill's autopsy was pending tox results for months and LE initially refused to comment on if her body showed any signs of trauma. Once all tests were back, the result was that she was killed by a blow to the head with a hammer. Clearly, that was most likely trauma that was evident in the first autopsy, but LE did not want that released. We have no idea what really happened to Kenneka at this time. :moo:

ANy one know impact of freezing has on sperm??

Bless her heart, she looks stumbling drunk to me. Alcohol and drugs can make you succumb to cold temps much more quickly along with fooling you into believing you are warm too.. Kinda looks like she's gotten herself lost and is trying to find the right floor (to me anyway).

They said there was a back-up button to push in the walk-in, but, if you go in there, in the dark, and don't know where that button is, along with being intoxicated, it's not a good combo.

If the person who rented that motel room is 21 or over, (and the Rosemont says you must be 21 to register a room), then I'd say they could be charged with serving alcohol to the under aged, and possibly other charges. I just started following so I may have missed where charges have been filed.

Her poor mother has to be beside herself. May KJ rest in peace.

ANy one know impact of freezing has on sperm??

Well that just took a sharp left turn for motive. Do you really think they all would have been that stupid not to use any protection? And than afterwards realize it?
Just thinking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 young kids partying --in a hotel -- seems like date rape drug could be a real possibility

and the perp did not expect her to wander off ??

were there any other reports of sexual aggressive behavior in the room that night??

what are the kids they have interviewed saying about the party wild

at 31 kids I am surprised there were no noise complaints?

That in itself does not sound like a wild party

But weren't they leaving the party and the hotel when they got separated? So if somebody had given her a date rape drug, either...

1) she was raped, so they all tried to hurriedly leave
Or
2) she wasn't raped - so why give her the drug?

Lean, or sizzurp, is almost always consumed from big styrofoam cups. It is also usually mixed with purple Gatorade or some other bright color flavored liquid. It stains the tongue. I don't see any evidence in the Facebook live video that any of the girls had used it.

To me, her impairment looks like alcohol mixed with very powerful weed.

But that would put somebody down pretty quickly. The part that has me stuck is that she was wandering around for an hour.

Presumably, they were looking for her, while she was walking around outside of the freezer for an hour. Why didn't they run into each other? Why didn't she ever scream or yell for help?

It is all so weird.

Does anyone know if someone were screaming inside of a walk in freezer, would people on the outside of the freezer be able to hear it?

Had a security guard been watching security cameras and seen her in the kitchen and gone down there, would he have been able to hear her screaming in the freezer?

Dénouement;13631469 said:
[video=twitter;908871965703892992]https://twitter.com/AudrinaBigos/status/908871965703892992[/video]

Isn't that the walk-in freezer on the right? Or is that the main one, not the back up one that she was found in? Would it be the same type?

If this is the main kitchen area, why weren't there any employees in there while she wandered around for an hour? Presumably the hotel has some sort of basic 24 hour room service and would require at least one kitchen worker, right?

I posted an article a few pages back about other people who had been trapped in freezers and it said that some of them were rescued because they were heard banging on the wall and yelling.

Did people see her stumbling around??

I'm real curious about this too! I know there are some people saying there are a person (or two) in some of the videos. They're real difficult to make out in the back video.

My feeling is that it would be shocking for nobody to have seen her. Sure it was late at night, but there's always people moving around in hotels. Even one article said that she had been up near the front desk at one point.

This also made me think that this party was probably pretty loud with 30 people in one room. What about the rooms around it? Was anything heard by them, complaints made, etc?

Isn't that the walk-in freezer on the right? Or is that the main one, not the back up one that she was found in? Would it be the same type?

If this is the main kitchen area, why weren't there any employees in there while she wandered around for an hour? Presumably the hotel has some sort of basic 24 hour room service and would require at least one kitchen worker, right?

This kitchen was not in use. It was in a part of the hotel that was being renovated.

I personally think it was probably primarily drugs rather than alcohol, based on the videos I've seen. To be that drunk, she'd probably have felt sick and wouldn't have kept moving.

I think it was an accident but, legally, there may be issues around safety and negligence, both on the part of the hotel and the people who rented the room/brought the drugs for the party. A hotel knows members of the public wander around, and a freezer is a deadly environment, like a pool.

I completely agree. IMO her impairment definitely had to do with stronger drugs, and the mix of drugs and alcohol together is badddd news.

I wonder if the victim was on any prescribed medications. At 19, I'm not sure I would have been entirely aware of the dangers of mixing, and to be honest, even a few years ago in college I hung out with people who fully knew the effects of drinking alcohol while on a depression or anxiety med and did it anyway.

That sway clearly shows she's no where near being in her right mind, and I agree that if it only involved alcohol she'd be sick, throwing up all over the hotel, and sitting down / laying down even. No way would she continue moving for that long or get in the elevator.

It was wrong for her friends to leave her alone, and it was also wrong for the hotel not to have more security on staff that night watching the cameras and ready to step in when someone, a teenager especially (to me she's very clearly under 21), appears to be THAT out of it.

JMO

Videos posted from MSM are okay, but please don’t bring in random videos from youtube. We have no way of verifying the source.

:tyou:

It's been said a couple of times that this was an employee area or was having construction (or both), so this wasn't a main kitchen, and didn't appear to be in use at this time.

This is same video (sorry if posted already) from earlier so I think it is ok to post it

they are talking about freezers guys?

Then ( I could not make this out - ) but supposedly there is someone saying they are in there raping her

really hard to imagine a bunch of folks helping someone out tho boggles the mind

does anyone hear the rape comment in this

a friend is dead cops are not gonna go after you if you were messed up earlier in your life -- something very bad happening would however result in the silence from kids folks are reporting

the freezer talk is crystal clear

what does tripping at this age mean -- for us it meant acid but I dont think it means that

Did someone at the party work at the hotel??

More I go more I go for crime -- someone is gonna talk they all are talking up a storm on line now

you know what just hit me -- date rape drug and rape -- no murder--- but explains her running all over trying to get away from the room ??

Good lord these kids are going crazy there all talking about 150 mph an hour -- that is anxiety imo

[video=youtube;aDRffARGCZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRffARGCZM[/video]

It's been said a couple of times that this was an employee area or was having construction (or both), so this wasn't a main kitchen, and didn't appear to be in use at this time.

I know the freezer in which she was found was in a construction area. But this does not appear to be a construction area. It looks like a normal functioning kitchen. I don't see any evidence at all of construction. This looks like the main kitchen. It is massive. There is no way that hotel has two full kitchens this size. It looks to me like she is wandering through the main kitchen before winding up in the area that was under construction.

I'm real curious about this too! I know there are some people saying there are a person (or two) in some of the videos. They're real difficult to make out in the back video.

My feeling is that it would be shocking for nobody to have seen her. Sure it was late at night, but there's always people moving around in hotels. Even one article said that she had been up near the front desk at one point.

This also made me think that this party was probably pretty loud with 30 people in one room. What about the rooms around it? Was anything heard by them, complaints made, etc?

JMO

All I'm going to say is that it's VERY interesting to me that the only security footage released to the public shows her in empty halls (unless I missed a person around her that you're referring to in your post) and yet it was reported that at one point she was at the front desk.

I don't care what time it was- there's going to be someone at the front desk. This is Chicago, not some random town in Nebraska where there isn't activity at a hotel at that hour.

I find it very hard to believe no one saw her.

JMO

I posted an article a few pages back about other people who had been trapped in freezers and it said that some of them were rescued because they were heard banging on the wall and yelling.

Thank you. So if they had viewed the security footage when they were asked to (immediately following her disappearance), I would have seen she was in that area, gone down there, and wouldn't have been able to hear her screaming and rescue her. Presumably when you were looking for somebody, you yell out their name.

It is insane to me that she was on video in that area the entire time they were supposed to be looking for her, yet nobody checked that area until 8:30 PM the following day, and at that point just stuck their head in, looked around, and left. WTF!!! They didn't find her for an additional four more hours! This hotel is in deep, deep, trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus