IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I substantially agree with you, I guess that's why the hotel policy is to only examine surveillance if it's a police request. The problem is, police didn't want to deal with it. Why would a woman go missing without her phone or her mother's car keys? And her friends said she was with them, then somehow wandered off extremely drunk, not that she was last seen for eg, talking to a guy she'd met in the bar. That situation, to me, raises alarm bells about her welfare and is worth a check by police.

Well, I remember being young (before cell phones, though) and not always wanting our family or sometimes even our friends to know where we had been or with whom, or what we did in detail. LE may have assumed it was possible this "young adult lady" went off to be with a guy and did not plan to disappear or worry anyone. I can see me leaving a purse behind if I didn't need it while I was off doing "whatever". I can imagine friends not telling all they knew if they were trying to stay out of trouble themselves ( ex. if any knew she had gone off with someone or if drugs were involved, etc.-- which is just speculation and not one I am bound to ).

Without video showing how she left the apartment, if she left alone or with friends, it is hard to determine much about her movements at that point. Alone or with someone?

If the Chicago Tribune timeline is correct, she was reported missing to police after @ 7am, and family was told they could not make a missing person report that soon (my paraphrase) --- which is not at all unusual. [from Michigan State Police, where I live, it is USA.ly 24 - 72 hours http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_32000-299532--,00.html ]

a search was begin @ 1:15 pm (was this by LE and hotel staff?). Six hours isn't really very long with an adult missing case, in fact it is quicker than most. However, I think a big part of the problem here is that the girl was barely 18, bordering on being a juvenile still, and they followed adult procedures.

LE finally looked at the tapes again after @6pm or later; she was seen on the tape @ 10 pm . Her body was found @ 12:30 am.

From first report @ 7 am (estimate) to 12:30 am discovery of body the next day = 17 1/2 hours. I think LE really acted properly, and perhaps even faster than they would for many missing adult cases, and not bad for a juvenile missing, either. If I were a family member, I am sure I would never think it was good enough or fast enough ... but as an outsider I think they did well. I do not think they "didn't want to deal with it," but were hampered by protocol. Could they have made an exception? perhaps.

JMO

see Chicago Tribune timeline in my post #555 above

So much is confusing, Did Irene turn herself into LE?

[video=cnn;us/2017/09/16/kenneka-jenkins-hotel-freezer-death-orig-vstop-dlewis.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/chicago-freezer-death/index.html[/video]

This tells a little more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your link says there were latches on both the inside and outside of the freezer and did not lock. Makes me think she was too uncoordinated to open the door, or she sat or laid down for a bit and passed out. I wonder how dark it would be with the doors closed.... maybe she stumbled around and could not find the door again. I don't even know how large the area was inside the freezer room.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/chicago-freezer-death

We know there was a security guard cause he came up to the room and its on video .

I would think the security guard is the one who has access to the security cameras.......................

just a thought.................

Could our poor KJ in her state of functioning have mistaken the stainless steel doors of the freezer thinking they were the stainless steel doors of an elevator?

She probably was looking to get back upstairs via an elevator but obviously didn't have her full capacities. And it appears from the surveillance videos that she was exhausted, lost, & under the influence.

What videos on youtube are y'all talking about with audio engineers separating out the audio? I would like to listen to them and get their perspective.

Snipped for focus

YouTube links can't be shared here as per TOS but trust me you can find them incredibly easily.

Just search in YouTube kenneka Jenkins audio and there will be several videos listed, some more reliable than others.

Is their a link that anyone has or seen that confirms KJ friend was an employee at the hotel? Thanks!

the only place I saw it was on a FB private account, not MSM. May or may not be true

Your link says there were latches on both the inside and outside of the freezer and did not lock. Makes me think she was too uncoordinated to open the door, or she sat or laid down for a bit and passed out. I wonder how dark it would be with the doors closed.... maybe she stumbled around and could not find the door again. I don't even know how large the area was inside the freezer room.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/chicago-freezer-death

Yes! I did quote you with this link with the list of "What We Don't Know." I saw that it had mentioned about the freezer having latches. But what kind of latches? Latches is a big spectrum. My dad used to be a liquor and beverage manager for a very upscale country club and his office was down in the kitchen. I remember their walk in freezer and as soon as you opened the door the lights would go on. The door was also extremely heavy and it shut with sort of a slam as soon as you let the door go.

With as much speculation as is going on, I'm kind of shocked that the Crown Plaza hasn't just released a photo of the freezer or a stock photo of the same walk-in.

the only place I saw it was on a FB private account, not MSM. May or may not be true

That is where I saw it too -- it was a
first person account by on the whole night .

I do not do FB or Twitter but it was much longer than 120 characters or whatever so I assumed it was FB.

The narrative rang true to me -- there was much nuance - but that means nothing !!

Question-Am I allowed to post a picture from Trip Advisor? It was taken back in January from a previous guest and it shows inside the elevator. They took a picture of the buttons. If not am I allowed to provide the link?

Thanks. Hopefully it's still up and I can take a peek. I'm more focused on the hotel right now.

http://whotv.com/2017/09/17/police-...-of-chicago-teen-found-dead-in-hotel-freezer/

Here are 4 clips of the video surveillance from LE. Just a litter longer than 1 entire clip we keep seeing. If it helps any..

It helps a lot TY!

I do not understand the motion sensor stuff that I thought was cropping. What needs to be activated -- the cameras are on and static .

The shots in all of them are areas that are 10 ft by 10 ft. If the cameras swirled around that would make sense to me that they need to be activated to know where to turn.

Why does a camera that looks in one direction all the time and is on need to be activated??

It helps a lot TY!

I do not understand the motion sensor stuff that I thought was cropping. What needs to be activated -- the cameras are on and static .

The shots in all of them are areas that are 10 ft by 10 ft. If the cameras swirled around that would make sense to me that they need to be activated to know where to turn.

Why does a camera that looks in one direction all the time and is on need to be activated??

I THINK the motion sensor needs to be activated in the settings. Once it's activated you can set the sensitivity on the sensor as well. If I'm wrong please someone chime in!!

That ^^ is the stuff that really bothers me. Now, because of these drunk/high irresponsible patrons, the hotel will begin to lock up and set up barriers through out the massive hotel.

So what happens when there is a large fire, or an armed robbery or crazy shooter in the building? Are the exits and hiding places going to be all blocked now?
OSHA often requires this anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Could our poor KJ in her state of functioning have mistaken the stainless steel doors of the freezer thinking they were the stainless steel doors of an elevator?

She probably was looking to get back upstairs via an elevator but obviously didn't have her full capacities. And it appears from the surveillance videos that she was exhausted, lost, & under the influence.

BBM
First time I saw the video I thought she was walking like she got roofied and left when she realized it. Then couldn't find her way around.

ETA: She reminded me of Hannah Graham trying to find her way to the Downtown Mall before she ran into Jesse Matthew.

The intensity of feelings of anger and rage that is simmering in the disenfranchised youth in our nation is the most astounding take away of this afternoon.

It is a volcano ready to explode. It has been quite a shock actually. Understandable certainly.

I would guess it is my avoidance of SM in my life that has resulted in my sudden awareness of this reality .

My guess would be that many of you have seen the kind posts or whatever they are called in that context - probably have seen this before . By that I mean people talking on FB live or on YT live etc .

(The protests as it relates to cops killing people i have followed but I have not really seen any of these young kids talking to their cell phones and placing them online.

At times I thought my goodness one would think that this discharge would be therapeutic for the youth.

That is not at all what I witnessed today.

I have to turn it down it just moved into another video and someone else is screaming

I have seen maybe 5 videos where the poster is talking -- everyone else is yelling screaming hating on each other, feeling so wronged by mainstream society (sadly it is true).

It has been at times hard to watch, and at other times I had to turn the volume down it was jarring.

Just jarring

intense

and sad

Question-Am I allowed to post a picture from Trip Advisor? It was taken back in January from a previous guest and it shows inside the elevator. They took a picture of the buttons. If not am I allowed to provide the link?

I believe as long as you provide the link with it for proper copyright credit you can post it.

ETA Just for reference;

REFERENCING OUTSIDE SOURCES - "LINKS"

Quoting an outside source is allowed when the content is intended to substantiate a post. An example would be a snipped portion of a mainstream media (MSM) news article. While Websleuths does not prohibit quotes from sources outside of WS, we reserve the right to remove the quote and link if the source is deemed inappropriate.

NOTE: When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images.

COPYRIGHT RULE

Quotes from published sources, e.g., news articles, should be limited to no more than 10% of the original material, with a source link included. Images also must be accompanied by a link to the original source.

If an article is behind a paywall (i.e., by subscription only), you may post only the link and any portion of the content shown as a free preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow