IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know there was a security guard cause he came up to the room and its on video .

I would think the security guard is the one who has access to the security cameras.......................

just a thought.................

Actually, in many cases, in order to go back and watch (or pull) old video it requires management (or owners, depending on the business type/structure) or even corporate.

And in many cases, it requires a warrant to then turn over a copy.

Also, many places have the video actually stored off site/ remotely, meaning they only have livestream onsite and so 'history' footage wouldn't even be available on premises at many places.

So security may be watching it live at times, but often - especially in larger businesses/corporations - they don't have the power to replay or rewind (or turnover) footage even if they wanted to.

And in other cases, they can view footage back, but can't let anyone else - including PD unless there is a warrant - so might be willing to relay things during the wait (we just had this happen at a shooting here locally where an off-duty officer was shot).

So there are MANY variables in terms of what security can access video wise and when, etc.

In addition, this case obviously involves a considerable number of cameras and a rather long time frame, which changes all of the possibilities of what security could even do immediately even if they have the power.

I don't understand how in this day and age, security cameras are still such terrible quality. My IPhone has better quality than that.

I saw it again tonight (friend, MS employed at Crowne Plaza Chicago) on a blog by Sandra Rose. ... she also has a FB page. Something about "the mysterious case of ...." she probably saw it on FB, too --- still don't know how true it may be.

The previous comments that the room was paid with a fraudulent credit card .... were those from MSM, or is that rumor? If this friend was employed there, could she have used an empty room to party in? Would that even be a possibility? Or gotten a cheaper rate, or something exchanged to let them use a room?

In the 911 call by mom, she even questioned whether the stories she got from the friends were true.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...eezer-new-video-shows-her-last-known-moments/

"Rosemont police said the party, set for Saturday, was booked by two people using a stolen identity and a fraudulent credit card. Police are now investigating the fraud — "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CARIIS, I suspect the video is such poor quality and it makes her look shorter and slightly thicker (squat?) ... like those old carnival mirrors did. Not sure, though.

just how many people were supposedly at the party, does anyone know? I just saw a "deleted videos" video at YouTube with at least 15 - 20 kids that could easily be seen.

why are there no MSM links to anything? There are so many links to sites that seem to be basically blog sites or a' blog videos" or miscellaneous sites that's WS probsbly does not allow, so I am afraid of posting anything from them. It is getting so frustrating.

I don't understand how in this day and age, security cameras are still such terrible quality. My IPhone has better quality than that.

There's so much of it recorded, just 1 days worth of video off 47 cameras could require hundreds terabytes of storage, and they keep probably months of it. Lower quality means less storage.

I also think some of the cameras are fish-eyed, to capture widest possible area, so there's distortion in the body shape, can see that on the doors as well, they look wider and shorter than in real life.

http://www.essence.com/news/kenneka-jenkins-police-interview-25-people-hotel

- The Rosemont officers were only able to track down Jenkins’ body in the freezer after further inspection of surveillance video. It was an employee who discovered Jenkins’ body in the freezer after a number of failed attempts at tracking her down.

- Martin was able to identify her daughter’s body before it was transferred to the medical examiner’s office. She also observed the kitchen area where Jenkins’ body was found.

[emoji15][emoji15]. Wasn't there a previous article that said when her mom ID KJ she was soaking wet or something?

I saw it again tonight (friend, MS employed at Crowne Plaza Chicago) on a blog by Sandra Rose. ... she also has a FB page. Something about "the mysterious case of ...." she probably saw it on FB, too --- still don't know how true it may be.

The previous comments that the room was paid with a fraudulent credit card .... were those from MSM, or is that rumor? If this friend was employed there, could she have used an empty room to party in? Would that even be a possibility? Or gotten a cheaper rate, or something exchanged to let them use a room?

In the 911 call by mom, she even questioned whether the stories she got from the friends were true.....

Hi my Spell

Boy what a week huh? I think the fraudulent CC went by the wayside!!!

Cariis, I've heard surveillance cameras add 10kg.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here is a link to the 911 call from her mom: (not sure if allowed to post the video/audio here)
https://youtu.be/87s-Z0B45yI

mom asked when she could make a missing person report, and the advice was that she could make one any time, but maybe give a couple hours to see if she shows up. mom was not too insistent. The person she talked to was helpful, mom said she would give it 24 hours.

At 10:07 You can then hear a man say he had the subject in the kitchen in a freezer, "she is frozen solid".

This is the one where the officer tells mom what hotel is involved after mom gave him the wrong hotel

I thought he was great too -- kind listened supported etc

felt like at times through he was really lost not really knowing what to say to soothe her

I think that the cameras are always running. The red box appears to alert whoever is supposed to be watching the video monitors of the security camera feeds. At least that is what I have been reading from security experts online.

I have security cameras at my house that send me an alert to my phone whenever there is motion near any of the cameras in the yard. Mine does not have red boxes. But I will tell you that the motion does not have to be a person. Sometimes I will get an alert, check the feed of the cameras on my phone, and it will be a spider, rain, dust, a moth, a squirrel... whatever. My point is that they are not foolproof. Depending on how sensitive the cameras in the hotel were set, A housefly could have made the red boxes appear.

There are two sets of stuff out there. One set has all the redboxes on every segment and another whole batch of all the segments has none

????????????????????

There are two sets of stuff out there. One set has all the redboxes on every segment and another whole batch of all the segments has none

????????????????????

Mayb even more than two ... I saw one tonight that was totally opposite of everything I have seen previously. It had her entering the freezer area and going to the right, etc.

Hi my Spell

Boy what a week huh? I think the fraudulent CC went by the wayside!!!

Between here and the storms, I can't even clean my house! Maybe tomorrow ....

be well, CARIIS. Hugs for your LadyBug. :offtobed:

Unfortunately, I have seen the "train" comments in other cases. In this instance, I love they are referring to "running a train" which, my understanding, is basically gang rape. Multiple men taking turns (?).

I think this is speculation, and social media frenzy, though.

JMO

oh brother , that poor girl

I know the kitchen area is said to be on the lower level. However, I am curious if there was any access outside , perhaps out of camera view (thinking in terms of deliveries to restaurant, garbage removal).

I had a hard time understanding the floor map of the place, probably since I'm on my phone and it's tiny. But does the floor plan show emergency exits, exits, etc.

Also, some mentioned that perhaps the weed was laced. I think if that was the case there would of been others who were this inebriated from smoking.... not sure what to think.

????????????????????

I often see it on the news, when something happened that was captured by chance by a random person on cell phone, the news channel will add a red circle or a red box around the crucial part of the video for focus. Maybe something like that was done here before releasing the footage to the media?

So I'm going to respond to this bit by bit...

I think there were more drugs and people than anticipated and things went south. [agree, but not in the same way you probably do]

I do think there were aggressive sexual moves that occurred resulting in death. [I haven't seen any evidence that would point to this...can you elaborate? Is it the lyrics to the songs? I would bet my bottom dollar these songs are played at countless parties. Laced weed? The same.]

I am not sure the time sequence we have is right about the whole night. [I agree and many are relying on the idea that the manual surveillance videos were ALL kept up and accurate in a huge hotel]

i do not really know how anyone knows , at this point if the freezer is right after the last time we saw her on what was released. [i agree with that based on what was released. But I believe hotel staff and LE knows. All these speculations are personal opinions without facts]

Its a freezer. We have 142 different stories about the freezer , one door two door locked unlocked doors slide , it was hot, on off frozen wet etc etc. [disagree...well more than 142 "stories". 142+ different stories because no one has ALL the facts. It could be that it was off but the victim accidentally turned it on. No one knows and no sense to reach/grasp at every random rumor or "story". The fact that there are so many stories shows that people need to back off and let LE do their jobs. The family will surely have an option to sue utilizing their own chosen experts if they disagree with findings.]

"It should not be that complicated. Why so many things. Why havent the cops just
stated it was X and Y. ". [it is very complicated for many people because they don't have all the facts LE does because it's still an active investigation.]

The activist that describes it is totally the opposite of what the mom has described. I am not including any FB Sm stuff here. [alright]

Two totally different descriptions. The hotel has many restaurants. [okay what is that supposed to prove?]

I am not saying it was not her in some freezer at that hotel in some restaurant in the facility.

But the bodies are not the same. She wa a petite. The person on all the tapes is much huskier. I have actually been surprised that more folks have not commented on it . [so you are suggesting that not only was the video altered (maybe with the $200 mentioned in videos), but they were able to secure an actress to stumble along with jeans that appear to be exactly the same and they did this in the 12 hours before cops took the video or was it the cops that hired an actress? Seriously...these cameras are low res...you get what you get]

Kinda strange to me -- on a whole bunch of levels . I tend not to notice ladies tushies or breasts or legs ! Or bras. The bras are different. The holes in the jeans are different. Or butts. The tushie in the hallways is not the one in the bathroom. At all. [low res videos. Do you seriously think they hired an actress?]

What that means I do not know - very confused

The hair is more like a wig than the pics in the bathroom that night. [she was obviously very intozicated. If it was a wig, it probably shifted...or they hired an actress]

Thanks for this! I had not actually read it before, and this is a good overall view of the case to keep. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. :tyou:

ah

That is what that video is of the two girls
at the desk was - I did not know what that had to do with anyting

they were young

with this timeline with have according to mom an 1130 departure from the house and a 115 in the lobby - anyone know drive time parking time etc to fill in the hour and 45 min from what we know ??

Interesting...

BBM
When her friends realized Jenkins was missing, they notified her mother, Tereasa Martin. In recordings of 911 calls released by the police and obtained by CNN, Martin said the friends her daughter was with had gone upstairs to find a phone and left Jenkins in the hotel's lobby.
When they came back, Martin said, Jenkins was gone. Martin told the police dispatcher that her daughter's friends said she drank "one cup" but that "one cup is too much for her," Martin said.

Someone asked about Sizzurp earlier that maybe "freezer"(in the video) was Sizzurp. It is also known as Purple Drank which may sound like "train" in a noisy video. Also "Rape" was mentioned. Sizzurp is "grape" colored and can use a grape flavored Codeine.
So, Sizzurp / Purple Drank is Codeine cough medicine mixed with sprite or soda and hard candy likeJolly Ranchers (no idea).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

So one theory going around is they are talking about rape in a freezer and running a train on her.

So here's my take - they were simply talking about grape sizzurp or purple drank.

And since her "friends said she drank "one cup" I'm guessing Kenneka had one cup of Purple Drank.

Any of that make sense? This one is so convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow