IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her lungs froze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the air at zero and below creates a freeze burn and that is easily determined by microscopy and the "float test" to determine the amount of compromised tissue. But if there is a positive in this it is at 95 degrees she probably went to sleep and never knew the rest. Perhaps sooner due to the intoxication. 5 - 15 minutes best guess.

Would be interesting to find out what late night eating options there were on property only for the purpose of seeing if there could be places in the hotel where people might be ?

We know for a fact there were around 40 or so young people in the hotel -- yet any video we have is only her all alone - always

Even when they walk in -- I think there is some suggestion planning in terms of clips they chose to give to cops - giving the feel that the place was really quiet.

I cant find it does anyone have the elevator shot where a mom and a kid come out of the elevator one down from the one she came out of "

Trying to find it -- they were going to the pool

yes the air at zero and below creates a freeze burn and that is easily determined by microscopy and the "float test" to determine the amount of compromised tissue. But if there is a positive in this it is at 95 degrees she probably went to sleep and never knew the rest. Perhaps sooner due to the intoxication. 5 - 15 minutes best guess.

My son is 3yrs with autism so I completely understand! I'm just trying to understand what you mean by if there is a positive in it it is at 95 degrees she probably went to sleep. I'm sorry I just don't follow.

Would be interesting to find out what late night eating options there were on property only for the purpose of seeing if there could be places in the hotel where people might be ?

We know for a fact there were around 40 or so young people in the hotel -- yet any video we have is only her all alone - always

Even when they walk in -- I think there is some suggestion planning in terms of clips they chose to give to cops - giving the feel that the place was really quiet.

I cant find it does anyone have the elevator shot where a mom and a kid come out of the elevator one down from the one she came out of "

I haven't heard of anyone going to a pool?

My son is 3yrs with autism so I completely understand! I'm just trying to understand what you mean by if there is a positive in it it is at 95 degrees she probably went to sleep. I'm sorry I just don't follow.

'That she probably went to sleep quickly and never knew what was happening. (When her body temp dropped to 95 only 3.8 degrees below normal that's quick)

'That she probably went to sleep quickly and never knew what was happening.

And that is all determined if the ME finds that her lungs were froze and did the float test and that came back positive which could maybe be a cold water drowning vs her body being frozen?

But...the cops are the one who released that footage. There's footage of her walking in with friends as well. I'm sure they have more and it's more likely that THEY were selective in what clips they released as it is still an open investigation and a very public one w/ a lot of false info being spread. Also to protect the privacy any hotel goers that have no relevancy to the case.

A mother and a child going to the pool at 3AM? Or is it another video unrelated to that night?

You didn't intend to blame her, but you did without hearing what the toxicology report says. This girl could've had GHB slipped in her bottle of water. We don't know.

WS is supposed to be victim friendly but I've seen several posts on here that are blaming the victim. Mods, where are you?

I don't think it's blaming as much as she was an adult and made a choice to go to a party instead of where she told her mother that she was going that night. As an adult, legally, she has the right to go where she wants, and disappear if she wants. It took LE eleven hours to search that entire motel. A skeleton night shift at the motel would not have had the manpower to do that, nor would they likely have had the staff available to sift through hours, and hours, and floors and floors, of video tape. That's what detectives are now doing. Ya'll think it's just so simple to search for someone, and bam, their found. It's not. She was last seen on the camera, near the freezer, at 3:20 per the cctv footage. Her mother didn't get there until around 5:00 or 5:30, and by that time, even if everyone had dropped everything, gotten a warrant for the videos, and went door to door starting by 6:00 a.m., in her intoxicated state, it doesn't have a good ending. Would you think to check a deep freeze in the basement of a motel, under construction, first? I'd not. Drunk people do things that get themselves killed, every, single, day. This has nothing to do with race. Her own mother said she'd give it 24 hours before she'd file a missing person report when she talked to LE. It may, however, have something to do with whoever rented the room, for them to party in, and provided her alcohol, and/or any other drug. People are free to go and come as they please at age 18, but they aren't allowed to rent a room, or drink alcohol, until age 21, so if I were the one who provided either of those things, I'd be laying low.

And that is all determined if the ME finds that her lungs were froze and did the float test and that came back positive which could maybe be a cold water drowning vs her body being frozen?

If the lung tissue was compromised it would be an indicator that she could not have survived if found after much more than the first hour. As well as the fact that she was alive when she entered the freezer thus knocking out some of the conspiracy theories. The lungs are moist on the inside allowing them to expand and collapse with each breath. The freezing cold air freeze dries that tissue causing the lungs to begin sticking together more with each breath leading to hypoxia (low oxygen levels in the blood which then starves the brain. Again the stages are tired sleepy, loss of consciousness and ultimately death.

The the medical examiner removes the lungs intact and places them in a pan of water. Health lungs float. Lungs compromised by extremely low temperatures or smoke inhalation from fires or heat sink. The faster they sink the more damage. Then tissue is removed and examined under the microscope to determine what caused the damage. Sorry it I was too graphic.

I have heard of midnight bowling -- dont remember however if you can start (after a movie ) at 3 in the morning?

I think it sounded like a week explanation of of plans , but she is 19 and their relationship from what has been alledged is more friendship .

Apparently she fine with it - she gave them her car

still wonder how far thee house was in terms of to the -- in the context of how long a drive was it for her quote friends to drive her moms car effed up

OP put up a map of the route from M's house to the hotel and iirc it was about a :15 minute drive.

Dénouement;13637259 said:
I agree with you and have said as much in other posts. I think that the other hallway is this video from :33 seconds [video=youtube;MmVYbeNyYEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVYbeNyYEo[/video] erm I never noticed this before but does she come out of the Orly room at that time stamp? Has anybody got that full video?

At around 7 seconds on this version is the one I have referred to where she pops out of a wall. Pls take note that the red boxes are not in this one .

This has been the pattern with all of them. Some have them some dont know.

There are two sets.

So we have to conclude , that at one level all segments have been altered in one visible way - someone took the time to go through and remove the red boxes on all videos released.

In truth , in this day and age the notion that it takes a mastermind to remove or add images to some digital media can only be done by Disney- is just not true.

There are 13 year olds that are adding moving deleting mixing objects on equipment that does not break the bank.

just saying.......................moo

If the lung tissue was compromised it would be an indicator that she could not have survived if found after much more than the first hour. As well as the fact that she was alive when she entered the freezer thus knocking out some of the conspiracy theories. The lungs are moist on the inside allowing them to expand and collapse with each breath. The freezing cold air freeze dries that tissue causing the lungs to begin sticking together more with each breath leading to hypoxia (low oxygen levels in the blood which then starves the brain. Again the stages are tired sleepy, loss of consciousness and ultimately death.

The the medical examiner removes the lungs intact and places them in a pan of water. Health lungs float. Lungs compromised by extremely low temperatures or smoke inhalation from fires or heat sink. The faster they sink the more damage. Then tissue is removed and examined under the microscope to determine what caused the damage. Sorry it I was too graphic.

Very interesting and enlightening for me. Thank you for explaining this!!

The girl with the reflective glasses in the FB Live video is using one phone to 'go live' then she answers a second phone and gives someone directions on where to park. If she's "live" on her phone, I'm wondering who's phone she answered?

I don't think her friends are responsible for her death but I don't think they're telling the truth about what happened that night.

The girl in the reflective glasses is Irene. She was going live on Monifa's phone, best friend of the victim. Irene picked up her own phone in the video.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170919/near-west-side/kenneka-jenkins-rosemont

"The family also wants photos and videos taken by the department's officers at the hotel during the investigation."

KJ's mom is wanting and demanding a lot from LE. I understand she's grieving. IMO, I would think her attorney's would suggest to her to at least wait until KJ COD and toxicology reports come back?

Just a thought...

I noticed that L next to the elevator as well. If she came down to the lobby with her friends, why is she getting off the elevator alone? Where is the video of her and her friends in the elevator, or them in the lobby realizing they had left the car keys and cell phone in the room? Why were they in such a hurry to get out that hotel room? There should be a video of everyone coming and going out of that hotel room. Is LE holding on to this video until everyone is questioned?

I'm guessing LE has more video of the friends that hasn't been released. Their story never made sense to me. Why would they have left her alone in the lobby while they all went back to get her phone and keys? She was obviously in no condition to be left alone, one of them should have stayed with her if for no other reason than to keep her from drawing attention to herself. They were dependent on her vehicle to get them home, they wouldn't have wanted to risk her getting arrested for public intoxication in the hotel lobby. I don't think they killed her, but I think she wandered away under different circumstances than the friends claimed.

I haven't heard of anyone going to a pool?

I saw that video and I don't think they were going to the pool. That thing around the kids neck looked like a travel pillow. I'm sure the pool was closed anyway. And I don't even think that video was authentic. How would that person have gotten it? We've seen what's been released to the public.

I googled tutorial how to remove images from videos and the results were amazing. Can be done apparently in about 8 seconds on free software available for download.

The equipment needed: One computer.

One example was how to remove the sun !

The notion that the person (s) monitoring and maintaining a CCTV system of 47 cameras
lacks the skill set to do some basic editing does not seem realistic in this day and age .

In fact, in thinking about it, I think there might be a heap of motivation to do just such a thing- if you dont want to go to prison for possibly be charged with something relating to a human being dying on your watch, when your job description is security.

Or simply put, getting entangled in a death investigation.

Some motivation there. Some need there as well.

Obviously if directly involved in some way (ignoring what is being seen and it all unraveling) motivation would be a given.

I would think your motivation might be increased if you were ordered to do just that . moo

The more we go i think a big part of ignoring her request to review videos resulted when she first asked and someone causally just checked some stuff out and holy sh## there is this guest bouncing off walls (or worse) on tape,

I think I had better advise management. I would think management would say (obviously) do release anything to anyone until we get back to you.

Including LE. The notion that LE needs an act of congress (!) to review CCTV footage is. just. not.true.

In fact --there is no law requiring anyone wait any amount of time to report one missing.

TV myth.

You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone as missing. If you have serious concerns for the safety and welfare of a person, and their whereabouts are unknown, then you may immediately report them missing to your local police.

Logically then LE itself then does not need such to view CCTV.

So we are left with the question as to why it took -hypothetically - hours and hours for anyone to see CCTV - the answer is in front of us.

The hotel did not want anyone seeing any CCTV footage.

If we flipped this around and you were a small business owner could you come up with any reason why would hold off for hours and hours to let anyone help you ??

Whats that expression about some pudding and some pie!!!

More and more I wish the police dept did not block the FBI from taking the case.

Police depts are backed up. Why would you not want all the help you could obtain on a situation that is gaining global attn?

Because by doing so you can also control how the investigation proceeds.

This might be very important if your dept failed to respond to a situation wherein the final disposition is the gruesome death of a 19 year old lady.

To protect.

To serve.

IMO the entire picture needs to be taken in -- and it is not a pretty picture

moo

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...ome..69i57.18955j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

moo

the delay was in selecting the segments and altering the ones that were in need of it

it might not have been all segments needed but the kitchen one was imo

sorry just what I believe

attachment.php

'This is similar to the one posted earlier but this is the routes between KM's home and the hotel

Attachments

• IMG_2539.jpg
    IMG_2539.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 186
Absolutely - if a white woman went up to the desk everything would be different. Sadly just would have.

and if said white person appeared to be affluent - forget it the hotel would have been turned upside down.

In hindsight the staffs indifference becomes more disgusting in light of manner of death. If it were a bullet outcome might have ben less impacted .

Everyone in authority phrasing it like we really don't know if time would made a difference is an insult

It makes all the diff in the world in this instance in both a preventive from the get go or in medical intervention to save her life. I call BS big time.

. In drowning and freezing to death time is the only thing that matters .

Less so with a bullet or plane crash. Its legel dancing .

I think all the way around an AA 19 year missing for a couple of hours led most to quietly believe a lady of the night .

Race is huge here imo

and repulsive

BBM

I just don't see that. Again, this is someone who has been on both ends of the candle, but, fortunately lived to tell of the poor choices. No one has sent LE out enforce to help look for me, or for my under age, missing child, nor did they bend over backward to help when said child was located in another state, and I'm as white as white on rice, and LE has turned their cameras off, and beaten the holy crap out of said child, recently, for no more than being a non-violent, repeat offender.

To get a private company's video, it takes a bit of time. Detectives have had to dissect all 47 cameras that were in use. They have to round up witnesses, and the witnesses phone videos too. Obviously her friends were of zero help as to where she could have gone, because they left her alone, in the lobby, drunk out of her gourd. If it were extremely simple to dissect the vids, they'd not have searched the entire hotel for eleven hours. It took eleven hours to search that facility. Her mom was called three times, by her daughter's friends, and she didn't even start to take it seriously until the 4:30 call. Honestly it is more common than one would think, that folks die in walk-in freezers, and do so sober.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trapped-deaths-inside-freezers-can-be-prevented-but-how/

Even in the best of circumstances, if she'd been sober, had on long sleeves or a sweatshirt, and had cardboard, and duct tape, and knew how to use them, surviving in there for six hours would be pushing it.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/apr/15/thisweekssciencequestions3

I don't think it's blaming as much as she was an adult and made a choice to go to a party instead of where she told her mother that she was going that night. As an adult, legally, she has the right to go where she wants, and disappear if she wants. It took LE eleven hours to search that entire motel. A skeleton night shift at the motel would not have had the manpower to do that, nor would they likely have had the staff available to sift through hours, and hours, and floors and floors, of video tape. That's what detectives are now doing. Ya'll think it's just so simple to search for someone, and bam, their found. It's not. She was last seen on the camera, near the freezer, at 3:20 per the cctv footage. Her mother didn't get there until around 5:00 or 5:30, and by that time, even if everyone had dropped everything, gotten a warrant for the videos, and went door to door starting by 6:00 a.m., in her intoxicated state, it doesn't have a good ending. Would you think to check a deep freeze in the basement of a motel, under construction, first? I'd not. Drunk people do things that get themselves killed, every, single, day. This has nothing to do with race. Her own mother said she'd give it 24 hours before she'd file a missing person report when she talked to LE. It may, however, have something to do with whoever rented the room, for them to party in, and provided her alcohol, and/or any other drug. People are free to go and come as they please at age 18, but they aren't allowed to rent a room, or drink alcohol, until age 21, so if I were the one who provided either of those things, I'd be laying low.

I agree with you about most of this, but I'm not sure they would have had to sift through hours and hours of tape. If the friends were honest about where they were when they lost track of her and approximately what time it was, it should have been easy enough to locate her on the tape and follow her from there. But, I don't think the friends told the truth about how and where they lost her, so that probably slowed the search down. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow