IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I understand where you are coming from. I also feel something is up just based off the SM going crazy, why would their friends automatically start accusing foul play unless they knew there was some preexisting tension/fight etc.

I just disagree that possible drunk teenagers would search very much in a hotel when there is seeming not many places to look.

As an adult I would look hallway, lobby, restaurant/bar if it was still open, pool area then go sit in the car and wait. All of that would literally less than 15 minutes walking around I would think maybe 20. Then sitting in the car waiting for 10 min or so.

It fits MY timeline of what I would do in that exact circumstance.

But as I said I def think something is hinky.
SABBM

I'm interested in possible fighting, jealousy, etc. Not saying this is what happened... but it would add to the "party" (or 'kickback' as young people may call it these days-- I'm old, lol) possibly disintegrating at the seams.
Then it seemed to me like they hurried out of there. Based on the timeline.

:moo:

So I understand where you are coming from. I also feel something is up just based off the SM going crazy, why would their friends automatically start accusing foul play unless they knew there was some preexisting tension/fight etc.

I just disagree that possible drunk teenagers would search very much in a hotel when there is seeming not many places to look.

As an adult I would look hallway, lobby, restaurant/bar if it was still open, pool area then go sit in the car and wait. All of that would literally less than 15 minutes walking around I would think maybe 20. Then sitting in the car waiting for 10 min or so.

It fits MY timeline of what I would do in that exact circumstance.

But as I said I def think something is hinky.
I think it's strange that they left. Like, if she was there with friends, why would they leave at 4am? I wouldn't know where to look, either. But I have to think a few of us would wait, and perhaps call her mom to be sure she didn't Uber home or something. But I guess she didn't have her phone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's strange that they left. Like, if she was there with friends, why would they leave at 4am? I wouldn't know where to look, either. But I have to think a few of us would wait, and perhaps call her mom to be sure she didn't Uber home or something. But I guess she didn't have her phone.

SABBM

So.... when was the last communication outside of calling-- as in a text from Kenneka ?
Who was in possession of her phone , and did someone take it from her after she became intoxicated, or did KJ leave it somewhere and a friend picked it up, and also has the phone had anything erased from it ?

I do wonder why they left too. That is strange especially if it wasn't their car, that is something I would not do unless owner of car said come pick me up I'll go search? idk

As a hotel worker what makes me sick is one you of the girls in that video worked for the hotel. I just felt nausated when I read that.

THIS!!! If you look at the photos of IR it appears she is a security guard at that location. The freezer is apparently in an area that you would not know of unless you were an employee.

The video of the hotel party, what the young kids refer to as "Kick backs" is super creepy to me too. Initially the lip quivering really stood out to me too...SM hasn't mentioned it once (they have assumed almost everything else, but not ONE word have I seen about the facial expressions.

Has anyone seen anything explaining why the friends had the keys to her moms car or how they obtained them? Did she have a purse that she had her phone and keys in? If my best friend were missing I would be doing everything possible to find her. I would be demanding hotel staff help search and if they want to call the police then good go ahead because we can use their help too! The last thing I would EVER do is take my missing friends cell phone and hop into HER MOM'S car and drive off and then call her Mom and say "hey your daughter is missing, but dont worry we have your car and her cell phone". Another thing I was wondering about is if these girls were driving under the influence of anything?!?! I also agree that only searching for 40 minutes is just insane! There is no possible way they did even a somewhat thorough search of the grounds in that amount of time. There are so many unanswered questions. It is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. MOO

40 minutes is plenty of time to go to all the accessible areas of the hotel and in fact walk around outside parking/lot street.

I walk a 20 minute mile with my dog stopping and sniffing things so I can go 3 miles in 40 minutes and thats not fast. Walking around in a panic looking for someone you'd walk faster.

BUT what is suspect:

Why not go to front desk and alert staff she is possible drunk and missing? Before/during/after search?
Stay on hotel property, back to the room/car wait for places she may show back up to & call mom?
Why leave in the car and then call mom (I thought they called mom first my bad)?

So while I say 40 minutes is plenty of time for me to look around all accessible areas of a hotel, what they did after that 40 minutes I am not saying is ok or normal period.

They may not have alerted anyone at the hotel because a. One of them was a hotel employee b. They were doing illegal things in said room.

But let's be real... they were involved, clearly. Nobody calls a friends mom unless they KNOW something is wrong. Or to show false concern- until you really HAVE to.

I can recall being 18 like it was yesterday. We didn't call each other's parents until we KNEW we had to... because all hell breaks loose after that.

This is a disturbing case.

If a hotel employee was WITH them during the search.... said employee would know many areas that a guest could wind up in.

Who searched ? All who were at the party ?
Only girl friends ?Or the men who were supposedly with them, too ?
Did they search together or singly ?

Any video SHOWING them looking for her ?
40 minutes should be enough time that some or all of them showed up on sec. cams looking for Kenneka.

It's absolutely possible this is just an unfortunate accident ; that Kenneka made it 9 floors down and even further since it's been stated the freezer was in the basement ---and all of this while she was staggering drunk.

But kind of unlikely. Imo.

It's the party friend's actions that have drawn attention.
Again I'm wondering what's on the cameras... and if anything's been tampered with ?

If everyone there is totally innocent, my apologies.

But she went missing and turned up dead in a building that should be equipped with a multitude of video camera evidence !!

First of all, this hotel thing ain't nothing new to them, they had been doing this for at least since 2015, I bet they had all kind of gaps in time that amounted to more than forty minutes over the years.

Somehow they knew they were going to get the blame and decided to take the bull by the horns and call right away, probably a bad decision made while being intoxicated, not the first and only bad decision, I doubt they had a sober driver....MOO

there is a video on SM that is some sleuther's theory of what went down & her analysis of the video of the party. I don't want to violate terms of service re: SM so I will leave it at that.

there is a video on SM that is some sleuther's theory of what went down & her analysis of the video of the party. I don't want to violate terms of service re: SM so I will leave it at that.

I've seen it. I think her theory is spot on - and could have been arrived at 8 minutes into the soliloquy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen anything explaining why the friends had the keys to her moms car or how they obtained them? Did she have a purse that she had her phone and keys in? If my best friend were missing I would be doing everything possible to find her. I would be demanding hotel staff help search and if they want to call the police then good go ahead because we can use their help too! The last thing I would EVER do is take my missing friends cell phone and hop into HER MOM'S car and drive off and then call her Mom and say "hey your daughter is missing, but dont worry we have your car and her cell phone". Another thing I was wondering about is if these girls were driving under the influence of anything?!?! I also agree that only searching for 40 minutes is just insane! There is no possible way they did even a somewhat thorough search of the grounds in that amount of time. There are so many unanswered questions. It is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. MOO
I'm well into adulthood, and if I was visiting my family, and out with friends driving my mom's car, and she received a call like that, she would freak out. You don't just take the friend's parent's car and leave them wherever. It's more insane to me every time I think about it!

40 minutes is plenty of time to go to all the accessible areas of the hotel and in fact walk around outside parking/lot street.

I walk a 20 minute mile with my dog stopping and sniffing things so I can go 3 miles in 40 minutes and thats not fast. Walking around in a panic looking for someone you'd walk faster.

BUT what is suspect:

Why not go to front desk and alert staff she is possible drunk and missing? Before/during/after search?
Stay on hotel property, back to the room/car wait for places she may show back up to & call mom?
Why leave in the car and then call mom (I thought they called mom first my bad)?

So while I say 40 minutes is plenty of time for me to look around all accessible areas of a hotel, what they did after that 40 minutes I am not saying is ok or normal period.

One of the first things I wondered about, too, was why they were leaving? They had the room rented for the night. If everyone left the party, why didn't some of them spend the night in the hotel room? If you're drunk & high on drugs, why would you leave to go driving around in your missing friend's mom's car? You risk getting pulled over.

I think it's interesting that they are not specifying who found the body - I think this person is definitely getting some serious questions from police, starting with "How did you think to go to that specific freezer and open the door?" A lot of guilty people call attention to themselves by being unusually helpful and knowledgeable during the search. If it was a hotel worker, or a group of staff, then this could be dismissed as just being thorough and desperate. If it's someone who "just had a feeling" and was drawn to exactly the right place without the excuse of prior knowledge, that's highly suspicious.
I also think the friends' behaviour is very suspicious (keeping in mind, they are still young enough to fear getting into trouble from their parents above anything else, so their suspicious behavior might not necessarily implicate them in the death). They rang her mother to lock themselves into a certain time and story. It's not the natural first move under the circumstances, so what did they really do before that?

Mom is having a fundraiser at Collins HS at 10 am this Saturday

I absolutely see what you are saying and i don't doubt that you can walk 3 miles in 40 minutes. I agree that 40 minutes probably is enough time to walk through the hotel and along the outside perimeter.
I should have explained my reasoning for why I feel that 40 minutes was not near enough time in this situation. When I said that there is no way they did even a somewhat thorough search I was thinking more along the lines of trying to cover every possible corner of that hotel. I would be looking in janitors closets, under any tables or chairs, the pool area and restrooms, as well as any little space she could have curled up in and went to sleep. I would also be searching in bushes and under cars covering the entire parking lot in my search. Idk if there is a parking garage but if so then I would be searching there too. I would be searching every nook and cranny! I was also taking into account the size of the hotel. It is a huge building! I am assuming these girls were all under the influence which in my opinion would make them much less likely to cover near as much ground as you or I would if we were searching frantically while sober. I could be completely wrong. There is always the possibility that they did a full search, but given the circumstances I highly doubt it. I am including an image of the hotel. If that is not ok I apologize. I am usually just reading on here and I am really new to posting.
attachment.php
I have included the link to the photo for verification. https://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels...cago-Ohare-Rosemont-5440-North-River-Rd-60018

Attachments

• IMG_5937.JPG
    IMG_5937.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 371
Just read the thread for the first time. Murder & cover-up. No way. This cast couldn't cover up anything. Has the lawsuit been filed yet or are they waiting for the autopsy?

The hotels i worked in required a master key to get to non-guest floors. It would be even harder to get to a non-guest floor than it would be to stumble into a construction area. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's been bothering me too. Why did they have the keys to her moms car. Why weren't the keys in her bag?? I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my day and came out very lucky. I can promise you if god forbid one of my friends went missing during a party I'd do my damnest to find her asap before calling her mom. Especially if I was underage. And I certainly wouldn't get in the car she borrowed from her mom and then call her mom to tell her that her daughter was missing. That whole thing is super shady to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member