IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more videos have been released. One of her exiting the elevator and another of her walking down the hall towards a staircase. She was so messed up, she ran into the wall twice!
I now believe she was indeed inderntje influence of something.
Does anyone have a link to the other 2 videos?
moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 more videos have been released. One of her exiting the elevator and another of her walking down the hall towards a staircase. She was so messed up, she ran into the wall twice!
I now believe she was indeed inderntje influence of something.
Does anyone have a link to the other 2 videos?
moo

I believe she was definitely under the influence of something too. I'd like to know what her BAC level was at time of death. She ran into the walls multiple times and even at one point she walked right into the railing. From the live video posted by her friend.. didn't she state at one point she was not drunk? Or am I making that up?

I feel awful for the mother, family and friends of this young girl, but I wonder how much mom knew about where daughter was going to be, what she would be doing, etc.

Regardless, lawsuit is definitely in this hotel's future.

Video clips released by Rosemont police Friday depict Kenneka Jenkins staggering alone through a deserted kitchen of the Crowne Plaza O'Hare Hotel, but they do not show her entering the walk-in freezer in which her body was found.

Village officials said they released footage that shows Jenkins for a total of a few minutes spread over nine clips. Authorities said they would also release another 36 hours of hotel surveillance video from that weekend.

The videos add fresh mystery to a case already rife with ambiguity. Larry Rogers Jr. and Sam Adam Jr., attorneys for Jenkins' mother, said at a press conference Friday afternoon that they will conduct their own investigation and perhaps seek a second autopsy.

"There is 36 hours of tape that (the hotel) never looked for," Adam said. "They never checked. They never searched, they never did anything while a young, 19-year-old disoriented girl was sitting in their freezer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nkins-hotel-freezer-video-20170915-story.html

To me it appears she knows what went wrong, but is trying to come to grips with it, every time I have heard her addressing the protest, she always emphasizes keep it peaceful you'll all.

That's "y'all". You must not be southerner.
;)

As an adult I have been in buildings and hotels that can be confusing to get around and find your way back to your room or where you need to be- while being SOBER! At 19 if I was drunk and very high on weed, I could see how it would be very hard to get around a big hotel with numerous staircases and elevators. She doesn't have the life experience and she is intoxicated making it very hard to get around. IF, IF the weed was laced with anything or other substances were at the party- it is a recipe for disaster.

She is having a very hard time walking and looks very confused. The freezer door probably seemed like the hundredth door she came upon walking all those hallways. She opened it and shut it or it swung shut. Being young she might not know about the push knob inside commercial freezers. They specified in the WGN segment that it was an old freezer. Maybe the knob was broken, the door incredibly heavy, or she just didn't know how to use that push knob. They also mentioned it was dark in there. Being an older freezer, the push knob probably wasn't glow in the dark like most newer ones I've seen. If it is a sliding freezer door, those can be so heavy and so hard to open and shut. I wonder how big it was.

My heart just breaks for her and I teared up watching it. I think she was just trying to make it back to her friends. I wonder why she left the room and/or party to begin with? Poor thing. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

moo

Here's an article from 2016 about other people who have died inside freezers and how deaths like this might be prevented.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trapped-deaths-inside-freezers-can-be-prevented-but-how/

This article, with a $12,000 OSHA fine imposed on Westin for their liability for a kitchen employee who died in a freezer because of an emergency release door malfunction, makes the liability of the Crowne Plaza all the more obvious.
There is no reason that risk should have been there, a simple padlock would have saved her life.
If she were my loved one, I would be beside myself thinking of the reality of her dying in the freezer while her mother, desperate and frantic, looked for her, knowing she must be there somewhere, with no help from the hotel staff.
They were calling the cops on her while her daughter was dying, instead of helping her search the premises. They could have easily sent maintenance to look in the areas of the hotel where she could be, like the freezer, and saved her life.
The time of death is going to be a big deal to her family.

Like I said there were more than 12 people in the room

Police have told ABC7 from the beginning of their investigation they do not suspect any foul play is involved in the young woman's death.

Regardless, a total of 25 people were interviewed by police, including eight on Friday, 16 of whom were inside the hotel room during the party, according to a detailed press release from Rosemont police late Friday. Police believe at least 31 people were in the room that night and were still trying to locate 15 of them, working with Chicago police to do so.

"There is no camera that shows her physically entering the freezing and no camera angle that is missing or was broken," Rosemont police said in an email late Friday.

http://abc7chicago.com/raw-video-re...found-dead-in-rosemont-hotel-freezer/2419272/

bbm is important

I feel awful for the mother, family and friends of this young girl, but I wonder how much mom knew about where daughter was going to be, what she would be doing, etc.

Regardless, lawsuit is definitely in this hotel's future.
Her mom may not have known much. In an interview I watched earlier, her attorney said she's recovering from a chest infection after a double mastectomy! What a terrible ordeal, then to lose her daughter so unexpectedly. I can't imagine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My guess is that it must be the closest camera to the freezer which prompts the question of any other activity in the hours before an after she entered the kitchen. From what I see it seems as if she thought it may of led her somewhere paticular like back to the elevators or outside to her car. She does seem to be walking in a drunk manor at times.

That doesn't look drunk to me at all. I've seen a lot of drunks in my lifetime. There's a certain gait. That seems like neurological in a different way. I have a feeling she's been given some sort of date-raped drug. It looks like what happens when someone takes too much of certain drugs. Or something other than alcohol (or other than just alcohol) is happening.

Dénouement;13625411 said:
BBM I'd like to wait for the tox report first. That's pure speculation. Yes the surveillance supposedly shows Kenneka stumbling around but imo this ≠ "all the drugs and booze" in I's video she says that she's not drunk however when I is smoking the blunt she asked if any influence was put in there so perhaps a drink was spiked or a spliff laced this in no way means that Kenneka had all the drugs and booze but if such an incident occurred it may produce the stumbling that was seen on the surveillance. How would she open the industrial freezer door in the basement from the 9th floor. How did she get down there if in such a state?

:thinking:

In the videos that have been released.. she does not look fit enough to walk down 9 floors.
Haven't seen if there's any footage of her using the elevator.

On the surface-- it appears to have been an accident.

If I were her family-- I'd certainly want any more missing video and also the full tox report-- as well as time of death !!

A lock on the freezer would've saved her life-- that, or if the hotel employees had actually looked for her immediately.
Imo.
So sorry for those who loved her and will never get to see her again !. :(

I just read this thread and my head is spinning! What on earth happened to this girl? I'm leaning towards she was drunk or high and ended up in that freezer without any help, but we don't know if that is even a feasible theory because we don't know what kind of freezer it was (different doors and buttons to open it from the inside were discussed above). We also don't even know for sure whether it was on or off. If it was off how would she die in there? Can a person suffocate in this kind of freezer in a 24 hr time period?

Even if the doors were not too heavy to open, maybe in her state and because it was dark inside she wasn't able to open them. Or she went in and collapsed from the drugs/alcohol. just speculating

I poked a bit around fb and it's extremely crazy there, conspiracy theories are flying.

Dear Lord what a mess.

Whatever happened to Kenneka it's sad. She was so young.

In the videos that have been released.. she does not look fit enough to walk down 9 floors.
Haven't seen if there's any footage of her using the elevator.

On the surface-- it appears to have been an accident.

If I were her family-- I'd certainly want any more missing video and also the full tox report-- as well as time of death !!

A lock on the freezer would've saved her life-- that, or if the hotel employees had actually looked for her immediately.
Imo.
So sorry for those who loved her and will never get to see her again !. :(

We don't know if a lock would have saved her life because we don't know what killed her. Plus a call from someone saying their daughter didn't come home from a party leads to more logical reasons why than shes still wandering around the hotel. jmo

there is video of her getting off the elevator. she didnt walk down from the 9th floor

That doesn't look drunk to me at all. I've seen a lot of drunks in my lifetime. There's a certain gait. That seems like neurological in a different way. I have a feeling she's been given some sort of date-raped drug. It looks like what happens when someone takes too much of certain drugs. Or something other than alcohol (or other than just alcohol) is happening.
I was thinking the same thing. Could it have something to do with her CNS? (central nervous system)

KINDA like a boxer who got his "bell rung"
IMO her blood alcohol (ETOH) level could have been checked at autopsy.
I don't know what effect being frozen would have on test results post mortem.
I suspect it wouldn't have any effect on the level, in fact, it could even preserve it somewhat. As far as a date rape drug, I believe I have read it is out of the body rather quickly.
I am anxious to find out what the toxicology report reveals in 6-8 weeks.
All MOO

Wow she looks really drunk to me. I've been that drunk before and I've also recreationally taken GHB. When I was stumbling like she was in that video, it was because I was wasted drunk and had the spins. Extra points when I've smoked weed after drinking far too much. Especially considering how young she was, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe she was just really drunk and maybe a bit high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7