IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what the boys are thinking but I sure hope seman does fine after being thawed -- off to prison you boys go

More I see way to much chatting online -- someone will talk I think people know

[video=youtube;Yucy07dfOHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yucy07dfOHw[/video]

Why would the boys go to prison? Even if their DNA is found in her body, she is not alive to testify. The boys will just say it was consensual. Unless somebody has video to prove otherwise, it would be very difficult to prosecute them.

So, essentially where we are here is in a 500 room downtown hotel with huge meeting rooms with a deceased 19 year old off in a closed non operating dining room and an empty deep freezer?

Kinda think employees would know about an empty deep freezer that is running but empty way off somewhere that is closed .........

guys..................

I think they thought they would get her later - what are the odds that someone would go into a closed area of a closed restaurant and search a deep freezer in the middle of an empty kitchen and find a deceased 19 year old from another entire part of a moderate size hotel??

moo

Moving from date rape drug to molly or X

Why would the boys go to prison? Even if their DNA is found in her body, she is not alive to testify. The boys will just say it was consensual. Unless somebody has video to prove otherwise, it would be very difficult to prosecute them.

There's audio that has been dissected (by numerous people in the audio engineering field) that clearly shows people at the party talking about rape and the idea that people use freezers for this activity.

If the public can hear it from the live videos so can police. That, along with how impaired KJ was, and witness testimony should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly believe they set her up. It is not uncommon for girls to sell their friends.

In my younger days hanging out with groups of friends partying drinking it's not abnormal for someone to leave something important behind(phone,cell,wallet etc.) I can see the main focus being that someone in the group is way past there limit an not realizing till you get to the lobby that wait a min...the keys are upstairs (and they were kenekas responsiblity bc it was her mothers vehicle they borrowed) however in this situation I believe they may have thought she was safe in the lobby and too drunk to keep dragging around so "let's just run an grab the keys and she will be safe here till we get back. I believe they were all teens so that line of thinking is pretty norm..

I truly believe they set her up. It is not uncommon for girls to sell their friends.

The more I go I do also . Its hard to discuss this cause we got to respect TOS but my
focus has been on all the video.

Its a wreck. How on earth the hotel did not expect ( and it has not happened yet) noone to demand an explanation for the endless red boxes that are for cropping and altering video.

Its editing.

Cameras dont flash red boxes all over security video - not how it works imo!

It takes time to edit -- there was a lapse -- a big one -- before the hotel released it to cops

there is a reason for this

When a bank robbery happens at 200 in the afternoon at 212 the media is airing the CCTV video -

Its a file share - takes what 9.2 seconds?

All these hours before the hotel gave it to LE it was all being manipulated .

I have seen some (hard to describe I
have played around with editing- its neat) videos where she pops out of the wall.

I need to explain this tho, but its hard. Static shot from CCTV. There is 10 feet corridor in the static shot from the camera. But the way it is released is she pops up 4 feet down the corridor.

That is not how a static camera records stuff she would be coming into frame

that does not happen - she just pops in shot. There is no reason for her not to be coming into the shot - that a pick up edit

Why would they do that is confusing but any forensic video person is gonna say these videos have been wildly edited.

Which then takes us back to why , if having no issues would the hotel need to do this .

The only real answer IMO is one or more of their employees are directly involved in
some way.

How they think they are not gonna get caught is the real mystery to me -- the
eidt crop boxes are all over the place .

Its kind like having a picture in your hands and you draw a line around the stuff in the pic you want and then take scissors and cut off the parts outside the box you drew on the picture itself - in digital that is what the red boxes are -- scissors .

I think they ran out of time to get rid of the crop boxes and just had to say to themselves we did the best we could -- just did not have time to clean up the digital crop marks

The next time you see one-- just look INSIDE the box the red crop marks make -- that was what they wanted for the final cut - but for some reason they were not able to finish the edits

And watch some of the boxes are a bit angled kind of like a cardboard box sitting on top of lets say a deck of cards or something ---they did not want to cut off like the bottom of the stairs or a corner wall etc.

Best one to do is do the one with the stairs at the far end of the shot -- guys she is being yanked around by someone they digitally removed.

Look at her right up -- its up --look at her right after she almost falls - she turns around faces away from the stairwell and is yanked backwards -- it is like she goes into reverse.

After that her head goes backwards like she is being pulled or pushed a little just visualize at the steps someone with her directing her and her feet and arm and head postures totally mimic being pushed or pulled to go in a direction totally moo

Drunk people don't go in reverse on there own -- you will have to play it a couple of times -- she is being yanked . Why is her arm in that position?? that is how your arm is when someone is holding you by your arm moo

When you see em a bit crooked it is really easy to see what they going for .

I wish I could post one -- but not sure if I am violating!

FYI, this hotel is not in downtown Chicago. It is in the suburbs near O'hare airport. This map is from Kenneka's neighborhood to the hotel.

Screenshot 2017-09-17 at 3.05.59 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-17 at 3.02.25 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-09-17 at 3.02.25 PM.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 62
How they think they are not gonna get caught is the real mystery to me -- the
eidt crop boxes are all over the place .

Its kind like having a picture in your hands and you draw a line around the stuff in the pic you want and then take scissors and cut off the parts outside the box you drew on the picture itself - in digital that is what the red boxes are -- scissors .

I think they ran out of time to get rid of the crop boxes and just had to say to themselves we did the best we could -- just did not have time to clean up the digital crop marks

The next time you see one-- just look INSIDE the box the red crop marks make -- that was what they wanted for the final cut - but for some reason they were not able to finish the edits

I've edited videos in AVID (industry standard), Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and have used Adobe After Effects for a lot of post processing work.

You are 100% inaccurate in almost everything you said as it relates to video editing.

If you wanted to make a claim that someone took parts out or used motion tracking rotoscoping then you might have an argument. But even evidence of those two things aren't present in the video clips released thus far.

But let's get to the crux of the matter...you seem to have a general misunderstanding of how video editing works. It's not magic. There aren't tools to do the things you are suggesting easily. It's the reason that big VFX shops will still charge $50,000 to rotoscope a 30 second clip. It's a frame by frame job and extremely hard to not leave behind artifacts. NLEs are not Photoshop. Even in the hands of pros. Second...GUI tools that are put there to help with UX such as a "copy and paste scissors box (or something)" or the marquee tool or any fancy Final Cut/Premiere/AfterEffects/Avid plugin that you will undoubtedly search for to respond to me wouldn't make it through to the final video. Whatever tool you may have worked with or seen in action uses "red boxes" as a visual aid to help you work effectively. None of that stuff would ever make it into the final encoded video as you're suggesting. Not in AVID, Premiere, After Effects, Vegas, Final Cut, iMovie, Lightworks....NOTHING.

However, the tracking boxes you speak of are extremely common in security systems (exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting). They can be turned off and on. The boxes are there to gain your attention to pixels that are actively changing. Or areas where infrared is being disturbed. It's a "HEY! Look at this area right here!" feature. Here's someone building in the same feature into a $50 DIY setup. Take a look at their sample GIFS. Their box is green but it's the same idea:
http://www.pyimagesearch.com/2015/05/25/basic-motion-detection-and-tracking-with-python-and-opencv/

The feature is common across professional security camera systems.

Lastly, you're attempting to claim that someone at the hotel is professional enough to alter the videos but dumb enough to leave in "obvious" evidence (which doesn't exist). You can't have it both way.

Imagine , if you were a hotel owner and for 30 minutes all over your security cameras there is an employee of yours dragging around a really messed up 19 year girl who ends up deceased in your deep fridge.

I would think some editing had better be found or you are ..........................

This needs to and will go back to "the friend" who got them the room. Hotels usually have an age limit of 23-25 to rent a room. Who knows what ages were partying in that room?

An employee gets a very low rate in renting a room which I imagine was used to rent this room. We read a few pages back the credit card was fraudulent. This seems odd on how the person renting the room got past the front desk as the charge card is run before the keys are ever given to the guest. Guess it was a stolen charge card, I was thinking it didn't have the money on it.

There probably weren't any complaints about room noise as the room they were using was away from occupied rooms.. An easy thing to do when assigning rooms for the night if the person doing it is aware of what is going on.

I am flabbergasted that her friends went off without her! Why were they in such a hurry to get out of there without their driver?

This whole thing boils down to an illegal party being held in a hotel room. Underage kids drinking and probably drugs were present. Keeneka gets separated from her friends, doesn't know where she is, is under the influence of something, opens a door, goes inside not paying attention that it is dark, can't figure out how to open door. A tragic accident. Another case of college age kids thinking they know it all, can handle their partying, and end up dead.

The age limit to rent a room in that motel is 21. Also, what gets me, is that these "friends" had her phone, her car keys, and ultimately, her mother's car, and drive off and leave not knowing where KJ was at, but have the courtesy/s to call her mother, two hours after they'd noticed her missing. Awful sweet of them.

If someone took my car keys, that I'd given my daughter, and drove off in my vehicle, (and in possession of her phone), but w/o my daughter in the vehicle, and didn't feel it was serious enough to call me til they were leaving, two hours after last seeing her, until they're leaving, in her/my car, to tell me she's missing?! I'd be seriously considering charging them with car theft if I were able to do so under the law. :maddening: Especially under the circumstances.

I don't see why everyone is so mad at the hotel staff and LE. Her "friends" were obviously not very concerned. Is there any footage of them going up and down the halls of the motel in search of her? If that were my friend I'd be searching every floor. I'd not drive off in her mother's car.

She was 19 years old, she didn't have to stay in that room with those people if she didn't want to do so. Has anyone disclosed what KJ texted/spoke to her sister about at 1:30 a.m.? That might be good to know too.

There's audio that has been dissected (by numerous people in the audio engineering field) that clearly shows people at the party talking about rape and the idea that people use freezers for this activity.

If the public can hear it from the live videos so can police. That, along with how impaired KJ was, and witness testimony should do the trick.

I have seen the YouTube clips where they cleaned up the audio. I think it is highly debatable that is what was actually said. It certainly is not fact.

The only fact we have is that she was seen wandering through the kitchen by herself. They were talking about using freezers, why were they not with her on the video?

I agree that the entire story is fishy. But I think we can all agree that she was alone in that kitchen, and that nobody carried her into the freezer.

I have seen the YouTube clips where they cleaned up the audio. I think it is highly debatable that is what was actually said. It certainly is not fact.

The only fact we have is that she was seen wandering through the kitchen by herself. They were talking about using freezers, why were they not with her on the video?

I agree that the entire story is fishy. But I think we can all agree that she was alone in that kitchen, and that nobody carried her into the freezer.

No it is not fact, but what are the odds that they were talking about something that SOUNDED like both topics (rape and freezers)?

Any suggestion as to what could have been said in that clip? What do you hear? I'm curious.

The hotel didn't release the footage for quite some time. Why not? There's a real possibility these videos have been edited (in fact it's obvious the videos released to the public have been edited at least for length, as a person doesn't just appear halfway down a hall- we don't always see her entering the frame).

Additionally, we do not know that she walks into the freezer as we don't see that part. We see her in a kitchen, yes, but who's to say there wasn't someone out of frame waiting for her? Who's to say that the video of her in the kitchen is moments before she enters the freezer?

MSM reports she was wondering around the hotel for an hour. It's possible she left the kitchen, ran into someone, and ends up in the freezer.

We don't have a lot of facts, and I do think we need to be careful of what we think are facts regarding the video. We are not seeing the full 36 hours of unedited video captured by surveillance. As of the time of the press conference, KJ's mom and her lawyers have not seen it either. Why not?

Something smells fishy indeed.

JMO

Any suggestion as to what could have been said in that clip? What do you hear? I'm curious.

I wouldn't place any stock into anything being "enhanced" as people are actively adding sounds and artifacts into the videos for the "lulz".

You know what I think happened in terms of staff.

Its the middle of the night . Graveyard noone is paying attn to cameras

Mom comes up asks for tapes one of em goes back and starts viewing oh my god there is someone dragging a young woman around the hotel corridors

Understandably he or she freaks . They need to call higher up -- what do I do there is a guest being dragged against her will around our hotel

What would management say -- don't say or do anything I am sending bla bla over

The dialog about the freezer is crystal clear .

The yell for help I am not sure about that .

moo

She is looking in the mirror in the bathroom.

Also, the red boxes on the security videos are not cropping marks or anything related to editing. Security cameras turn on when they sense motion. The red box is part of the security system. It tells the viewer the area in which the motion was detected. If you see one red box, that means motion was detected only in that area. If you see two red boxes, that means motion was detected in two different areas.

ah ha!

Why do they need that ? the camera does not zoom in or anything -- its a static shot that seems to run all the time?

If they are motion things the stuff in the kitchen is really scary casue boxes are going off all over the place where she clearly is not yet - meaning something else is moving in there

She is looking in the mirror in the bathroom.

Also, the red boxes on the security videos are not cropping marks or anything related to editing. Security cameras turn on when they sense motion. The red box is part of the security system. It tells the viewer the area in which the motion was detected. If you see one red box, that means motion was detected only in that area. If you see two red boxes, that means motion was detected in two different areas.

So then that means in all of these there has to be more people around her that have been deleted.

In a lot of them boxes are firing where she is not yet .

now I am really creeped out that might mean there more than one guy or girl with her all along????

I've edited videos in AVID (industry standard), Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and have used Adobe After Effects for a lot of post processing work.

You are 100% inaccurate in almost everything you said as it relates to video editing.

If you wanted to make a claim that someone took parts out or used motion tracking rotoscoping then you might have an argument. But even evidence of those two things aren't present in the video clips released thus far.

But let's get to the crux of the matter...you seem to have a general misunderstanding of how video editing works. It's not magic. There aren't tools to do the things you are suggesting easily. It's the reason that big VFX shops will still charge $50,000 to rotoscope a 30 second clip. It's a frame by frame job and extremely hard to not leave behind artifacts. NLEs are not Photoshop. Even in the hands of pros. Second...GUI tools that are put there to help with UX such as a "copy and paste scissors box (or something)" or the marquee tool or any fancy Final Cut/Premiere/AfterEffects/Avid plugin that you will undoubtedly search for to respond to me wouldn't make it through to the final video. Whatever tool you may have worked with or seen in action uses "red boxes" as a visual aid to help you work effectively. None of that stuff would ever make it into the final encoded video as you're suggesting. Not in AVID, Premiere, After Effects, Vegas, Final Cut, iMovie, Lightworks....NOTHING.

However, the tracking boxes you speak of are extremely common in security systems (exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting). They can be turned off and on. The boxes are there to gain your attention to pixels that are actively changing. Or areas where infrared is being disturbed. It's a "HEY! Look at this area right here!" feature. Here's someone building in the same feature into a $50 DIY setup. Take a look at their sample GIFS. Their box is green but it's the same idea:
http://www.pyimagesearch.com/2015/05/25/basic-motion-detection-and-tracking-with-python-and-opencv/

The feature is common across professional security camera systems.

Lastly, you're attempting to claim that someone at the hotel is professional enough to alter the videos but dumb enough to leave in "obvious" evidence (which doesn't exist). You can't have it both way.

Awesome a high end expert here. Please tell us everything you see from your knowledge

Is it edited?

Is what they are saying ring true to you?

Why do some videos have the red boxes and others dont -- what does that mean in terms of which one is from who (hotel vs LE)

Do you think the shadows and stuff people are talking about are someone else there (near the stairs/ kitchen)

Its perfect pls tell us what you see and think this is so freaky to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member