IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wgntv.com/2017/09/15/police-...video-of-kenneka-jenkins-from-rosemont-hotel/

The fourth video on this page, there does seem to be someone at the end of the hall. BTW, this news article says this is all the video that contains Kenneka that the police have.

If so then the Rosemont hotel has not released everything to them. The Chicago Tribune website states on their timeline that Kenneka is seen on the surveillance video stumbling around at the front desk at 3:20am. Where is that footage? How about footage inside the elevator when she took it down to the basement which is meant to be off limits to guests? Or her leaving the room where the party was at? Or of her friends leaving her alone somewhere, since they claim they left her to go back upstairs for some left behind items. Or of her friends looking for her before they called her mother. This is not all of the footage by a long shot. Why are the police claiming it is?

There's nothing showing Kenneka walking directly into a freezer, nor opening one and closing it behind her. Yet we had one activist Andrew Holmes doing a press conference claiming that's what the police showed him. It was later claimed he misrepresented himself (as a spokesperson for Kenneka's family) and even tried to tell the mother to stop protesting since the hotel wasn't making any money. WTH? Was he hired by the hotel to change the narrative? If the hotel didn't put up signs keeping out guests from the construction area, if it didn't secure the kitchen as off limits or the freezer itself which should not have been turned on at all btw. If no one was monitoring the security monitors to intercede due to the special circumstances. Then it's likely they may be culpable of some kind of criminal negligence.

My gut instinct now is that Kenneka probably did die due to being drugged and walking into a freezer, but the hotel is trying to cover their butts due to their negligence regarding security. The question also remains as to whether she willingly took drugs or if they were slipped to her with the intent to make her pliable for sexual assault. Which could make the hosts of the party liable due to state 'hosting' laws. http://www.standstrongcoalition.org/il-state-social-hosting-laws.html

It looks like the jean tag, with a phone u can see the outline around the pocket especially with tight jeans. But who knows... Breaks my heart every time I see her walking around alone like that tho.

OK but you are not allowed to send anyone here!

Totally switch gears. Speculation only. Speculation only

Move totally to a security guard. Speculation

Speculation he knows that a inebriated young lady just went into an area that is isolated and he could Speculation do what he wanted with her without getting caught

A predator that saw a chance to perp, reduce odds of getting caught, and know victim was an easy target casue he had been following her around on from his video desk

vulnerable youg woman

did so and in doing so Speculation he killed her Speculation and placed her in

it certainly provides a lot of reasons for the hotel to be very needing to get ducks in a row

-- was he down there when mom came in and that is why there was no security to turn mom over to to help her at least at some level

he was gone

then as time went by staff slowly caught on on the fact that he had been gone for a bit and they could not find him and ugh oh

Speculation Things would come pretty much to a standstill and need some cleaning up (CCTV wise) .

In this context - knowing this LE and hotel staff had to be interviewed before and after everything which explains the inordinate amount of time that passed, the what seems like staff indifference to mom -- which was in reality Speculation staff catching on to what had really happened

that would be quiet a shocker to staff

as time was going by more and more video is being seen - by this time by upper management and they are seeing stuff like we all are seeing.

From a management point of view we got to cooperate legal involved shart with LE first what had been going on in the hotel that evening

there would be lots of stuff regarding why the guard did not break it up when he went up there (problem - he was helping out a coworker and just told em to keep it down)

Obviously things were not kept down

happens often cops that cant be cops saw an opportunity

may have a history another problem for hotel

I have thought about this too before. Someone seeing her staggering around and took advantage. I don't think this idea is that far out there. I think it's more plausible than the Kenneka-is-not-Kenneka theory.

How is it that the security guard was able to edit the videos? Are we wandering off from the idea that anyone in the room with Kenneka was involved?

Please provide some technical expertise as to how video editing to support this could happen? Or are you just amaturely saying, it's an easy thing to do and security hotel staff have the rights, capabilities and skills to edit security footage?

If so then the Rosemont hotel has not released everything to them. The Chicago Tribune website states on their timeline that Kenneka is seen on the surveillance video stumbling around at the front desk at 3:20am. Where is that footage? How about footage inside the elevator when she took it down to the basement which is meant to be off limits to guests? Or her leaving the room where the party was at? Or of her friends leaving her alone somewhere, since they claim they left her to go back upstairs for some left behind items. Or of her friends looking for her before they called her mother. This is not all of the footage by a long shot. Why are the police claiming it is?

There's nothing showing Kenneka walking directly into a freezer, nor opening one and closing it behind her. Yet we had one activist Andrew Holmes doing a press conference claiming that's what the police showed him. It was later claimed he misrepresented himself (as a spokesperson for Kenneka's family) and even tried to tell the mother to stop protesting since the hotel wasn't making any money. WTH? Was he hired by the hotel to change the narrative? If the hotel didn't put up signs keeping out guests from the construction area, if it didn't secure the kitchen as off limits or the freezer itself which should not have been turned on at all btw. If no one was monitoring the security monitors to intercede due to the special circumstances. Then it's likely they may be culpable of some kind of criminal negligence.

My gut instinct now is that Kenneka probably did die due to being drugged and walking into a freezer, but the hotel is trying to cover their butts due to their negligence regarding security. The question also remains as to whether she willingly took drugs or if they were slipped to her with the intent to make her pliable for sexual assault. Which could make the hosts of the party liable due to state 'hosting' laws. http://www.standstrongcoalition.org/il-state-social-hosting-laws.html

The 3:20 video and 2:20 video are the same. They have 2 different time stamps on them at same time. Don't know the exact times but the police are referencing the later time.

The pics I saw of Kenneka show she was thicker than the pic she took in front of mirror check her FB and you can see it.

The only way any of the video tampering makes sense is if someone involved in the crime was actually an employee of the hotel and had access. I don't buy that the owner was there or the GM at that time of night and came in to actively start a cover up. Non management would definitely not do it cause there is no gain in it for them. Any MSM confirms that I.R. or M.?. weread employed there?

The only way any of the video tampering makes sense is if someone involved in the crime was actually an employee of the hotel and had access. I don't buy that the owner was there or the GM at that time of night and came in to actively start a cover up. Non management would definitely not do it cause there is no gain in it for them. Any MSM confirms that I.R. or M.?. weread employed there?

I very much doubt someone could edit the video, for security reasons the original video would be on a server where it couldn't be deleted or overwritten with an edited version. It's also an absurd idea, if you knew there were video recorders, you'd commit a crime somewhere else, not commit a crime and then try to alter the recordings.

There's a big difference between damage control and conspiracy. Damage control is normal human nature, conspiracy is very hard to do because most people aren't very good liars and aren't loyal enough to lie to cover up for someone else.

How is it that the security guard was able to edit the videos? Are we wandering off from the idea that anyone in the room with Kenneka was involved?

Please provide some technical expertise as to how video editing to support this could happen? Or are you just amaturely saying, it's an easy thing to do and security hotel staff have the rights, capabilities and skills to edit security footage?

You're right. That is a big hole in the theory!

The most likely scenario is that she walked in there all by herself.

ETA: Unless there is footage of someone following her that hasn't been released.

In Laura Wallen's case LE said "no foul suspected" although it turned out later that she was shot in the head and they were on to her murderer right from the start.

Maybe something like is going on here too. Maybe they did see on the footage someone following her into the kitchen and putting her in the freezer but keeping it under wraps while they investigate.

just speculation

Agree 100% with the mindset of calculated actions on the side of LE etc. I feel like there are several factors in play here and not necessarily anything to be shared at the time.
Do I think an unused freezer should have been locked if not in use? Yes.
Do I think it's odd that she ended up there? Yes.
But I also note the following:
- I realize this is a terribly awful situation to be in for the family and I can imagine keeping everything straight is hard...but I've seen some inconsistencies too in their info adding to the outrage and miscommunications.
- I'm pretty sure they were sipping on "dirty sprite" (purple drank, syrup) and smoking blunts laced with eforce. And maybe even popped some "thrills" (x) the dirty sprite will def make you lose your balance and sway and stumble like she was. Her leg movements were really exaggerated and she took loooong strides-- I've seen it a million times. It also makes you tired. I've seen people fall asleep in the middle of a conversation on it. If she was just drinking and popping thrills-- the thrill usually cancels out the alcohol. I've seen folks consume 10xs their normal alcohol level when off a thrill and still be able to function as if they never had a sip of liquor. So I don't think she was off that combo. It seems as if she might have have done the aforementioned based on her state on those videos. Also explains how she may have gone from somewhat sober to messed up pretty quick.

- if you notice these girls stayed on their phones. They videoed EVERYTHIng. Even FB live videos of them doing NOTHING other than playing with their hair. Phones to them are almost more important than grabbing their purse. I am having a hard time believing she walked away from any room and laid her phone down. ESP if she knew she wasn't coming back. That part of the story is where I'm scratching my head and my hinky meter is going off. No phone, no keys, no purse, friends are gone and have her phone and her car. And she is wandering around the hallway of the hotel that is within feet of the lobby and front desk...and they can't find her. [emoji848] if you look at the floor plan of the hotel in connection to everything... something is off. It's literally behind the front desk. Also in the video if you recall she falls over the stair rail almost-- those steps are def going up-- looks to me as if she is in the lower part of the hotel/conference center vs the main floor like they are saying.

The whole thing is really one of the most disturbing cases.
I don't think the hotel is to blame other than maybe not having it secured. But I do t understand a lot of other things either. It's so mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe any videos were edited.
I do however wonder if it's possible to shut off a specific camera?
Or disable the motion sensor? If they are activated by motion sensors there wouldn't be "missing" footage.
I could entertain the idea that a security guard saw her wander into the kitchen, then disabled that camera.
That's about the only way I could entertain someone being down there with her however.
I'm guessing the security guard would not have the ability to do that anyway.

I also wonder if the officer corrected her Mom on the location, because she called from the hotel itself?
I think we all assume she used a cell phone but if she didn't, that would explain the cop knowing the location.

Dénouement;13618503 said:
2400617_630x354.jpg

ROSEMONT, Ill. (WLS) -- A Chicago woman who was reported missing to police was discovered inside a freezer at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont Sunday., Rosemont police said.

The sister of 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins told police that Jenkins was seen leaving her Chicago home at 11:30 p.m. Friday for a party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 54440 North River Road in Rosemont. The sister said that she had received a text message from Jenkins at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Witnesses told police Jenkins was seen at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel Friday night and into the early morning on Saturday. Jenkins was reported missing at 1:16 p.m. Saturday.

After being contacted by Rosemont police, the staff of the Crowne Plaza searched the hotel and Jenkins was discovered inside a freezer early Sunday morning. Police said her body was beyond resuscitation and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/
she could of thought it was lift, and walked in, if there are no other people on the cctv, it could be a tragic accident

You're right. That is a big hole in the theory!

The most likely scenario is that she walked in there all by herself.

ETA: Unless there is footage of someone following her that hasn't been released.

There is some imo pretty compelling video out there . In the kitchen on some of the less cleaned up ones you can easily see a shadow .

In this day and age I just dont think it is that hard to edit out of stuff. I just dont .

So I checked it out. What I found out is apparently 12-13 year olds from across the globe can do it quite simply .

They are sitting in a high chair (!) making thier teeth whiter and adding some highlights to thier hair!

So apparently it ain't really all that hard to do

Imagine having lets say what hours?

Her popping out of the wall kinda raised my curoisty

HOW I EDIT + DELETE PEOPLE OUT OF INSTAGRAM PHOTOS | allegralouise

[video=youtube;tetgWyD21-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tetgWyD21-0[/video]

The Chicago Tribune said the last contact Jenkins had with her family was at 1:30 a.m. Saturday by phone. The video on Facebook was streamed six minutes later.

Anyone heard anything about what they chatted about. It is interesting that apparently no reporter has asked her, despite her be more than willing to talk to media about this final interaction with her sister

Are there any party drugs with known light sensitivity ( Ie Irene wearing dark sunglasses in a hotel room lit with a couple of 100 watts bulbs, at 2 in the morning?)

From Heavy|

Moniif posts:

[FONT=&amp]Come home so I could see yo big *advertiser censored* smile �� idk how to feel right now I’m literally sick to my stomach �� I love u so much ���� & I hate this even happening to you right now I’m over here praying for you baby wherever u at I hope u okay god got you ���� Kenneka Martin,” Monifah wrote on social media.

[/FONT]
Be aware that the language is graphic at times.
“Come home so I could see yo big *advertiser censored* smile �� idk how to feel right now I’m literally sick to my stomach �� I love u so much ���� & I hate this even happening to you right now I’m over here praying for you baby wherever u at I hope u okay god got you ���� Kenneka Martin,” Monifah wrote on social media.
Shelton wrote on Facebook on September 10: “Everybody Kno our bond was tight ������she was the sweet friend ��I was the mean friend �� Mfs Kno I didn’t play about her & she didn’t play about me ���������� I’m so sorry this happen to u u didn’t deserve it u ���� I’m missing tf outta u #Sister4Life.”

“Please come home g this **** so bogus I was drunk not lookin out for u that’s where I ****ed up at I should of turn around I should of did something but I thought u was behind me g it’s hurting me bro knowing I didn’t have u like I suppose to had u it’s my fault I’m so sorry g please come home please be safe god please let her be okay Kenneka.”
And, “Can y’all please leave me alone bro we been bestfriend since 3rd grade we did everything together literally everything we use to call ourself the nene twins ������ we slept together ate together broke bread together that was my ace ����it hurting me I never thought I was be doin this we suppose to be takin trips we had **** planned out I’m so sorry g ����*♀️ we sisters for life.”
“Please god let her be okay ���� she don’t deserve to be goin thru this ��,” she wrote further. And: “u got me out here finna lose my mind I’m praying ���� so hard kenneka.” And: “Bro I don’t give no **** what nobody sayin I love u more then anything I will never hurt chu man ���� come home please kenneka I never felt like this before you got me sick I Kno everybody gone talk but it don’t even matter just pop up come home ����god please let her return home safe amen.”
She also wrote: “Bro all us was drunk off our **** I’m not pointing fingers at nobody g this **** hurt so bad to Kno u was just enjoying yourself with ur bestfriend when I haven’t been outside in so long y’all need to shut tf up bro Fr I’m sick of all this **** y’all wanna hear y’all self talking just pray help I been doin all I can to look for her I never would think some **** like this would happen it could of been anyone of us I hate this even happening I hate when even went im trying bro and I will never hide nothing �� just pray ���� I Kno he hear us god we need u right now.”
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/monif...ins-martin-best-friend-chicago-freezer-death/

[FONT=&quot]According to FOX 32 Chicago

Kenneka’s friend changed her story. Kenneka’s friends initially claimed the three of them (Irene Roberts, Monifah Shelton, and Kenneka) were all in the hallway preparing to leave the hotel party and separated to retrieve Kenneka’s belongings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now that Irene Roberts was spotted talking to North Chicago Police, Monifah has reportedly changed her story, claiming they were all drunk and fleeing the advances of sexually-aggressive male guests present at the party who were trying to take advantage of the drunken teens.

http://teaservedcold.com/2017/09/po...staggering-through-hotel-her-family-responds/[/FONT]

Video doesn't work like photoshop!

See how much i know about all this lstuff

in the same domain

wow

yesterday I had problems with looking at stuff on little cell phones, the expressions of the generation

but lets put it this way there was a place that made the initial live thing into a short transcript

the stuff that is out there that can be percieved as conspiracy stuff and SM quote stuff end quote is not

by being able to read as the FB live played I could understand what they were saying.

from my world view if I am watching a video in real time and can now understand what they are saying to each other that is as real as it gets.

That is not speculation - if I recorded you eating a piece of cake (!) and said you said it was delicious and then play the tape showing you do both that is not a wild SM thing ---that is reality

stuff was going on that night in that room.........

Now if I can just find a blowup of Irenes reflections in her sunglasses so I can determine for myself what is reflected in them

Oh good your back how old was there system

what is your take on the whole thing in terms CCTV, how long would it take to get them to LE -

how complicated and time consuming would it be for the staff to know oh sdh# we got some really bad stuff that went on ther tonight

from your skill set would you be able to
physically clean up anything on what is released you sound like you know your stuff so tell us pls

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Oh my..what did I miss!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much doubt someone could edit the video, for security reasons the original video would be on a server where it couldn't be deleted or overwritten with an edited version. It's also an absurd idea, if you knew there were video recorders, you'd commit a crime somewhere else, not commit a crime and then try to alter the recordings.

There's a big difference between damage control and conspiracy. Damage control is normal human nature, conspiracy is very hard to do because most people aren't very good liars and aren't loyal enough to lie to cover up for someone else.

There's a big difference between damage control and conspiracy.

I think you hit on the head - what i have ben trying to say and think is damage control

but then you have to go one step further and ask for the reasons for the need for damage control , if , at the end of the day this was solely an accident

authentic accidents don't need damage control precisely because they are ==== well accidents

all I have been saying all along

a need for damage control has a bunch of other implications that are what this whole thing is about what are those implications by whom and when and why and how .====

I am saying I dont understand why it took a day and half for anyone , from the outside of the hotel to see any of the CCTV.

After a bank is robbed it is on air in 30 minutes - noone is getting police reports court orders etc etc

The purpose of CCTV is to provide safety and security. The only reason it did not function in this case in that manner is for some reason a refusal for anyone in the hotel to use it for its intended purpose.

there are serious questions as to why it happened the way it did and those questions probably have some serious answers.

IMo the notion that one needs an order for from a stockholder somewhere to utilize the recordings defeats there very purpose.

Staff on site has the ability to use play etc them.

What bothers me is that appears that what was seen on them resulted in a huge amount of damage control that continues to this day

what are the reasons for this need?

Someone knows.......................and that knowledge has kept everyone in damage control for what 8 days now??

Someone is guarding stuff. People only do that for reasons,That is just spin that there is so many hours to go through it takes time . When some of the time stuff was sorted out a little they are looking at the need to release a total of 90 minutes timespan.

That has implications.................moo

all behavior has meaning!!

The only thing I am saying is if it is as simple as an accident release all video that supports that and move on.

In one breath they are saying they have so many hours and hours of video while at the same time the final three seconds before the freezer door is really easy. At this point if they are going to claim down the line that the camera right in front of the freezer door was broke - say so now

both mom and activist have claimed they saw a camera near the freezer door .

So why for some reason if the final three seconds of the tradegy is so simple why not clear it up.

There can only be three options here.

No recording of the area for whatever reason

or

video of her walking in

or

something violent

what other options are there?

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/15/police-...video-of-kenneka-jenkins-from-rosemont-hotel/

The fourth video on this page, there does seem to be someone at the end of the hall. BTW, this news article says this is all the video that contains Kenneka that the police have.

there is someone there at the end of the hallway, I have seen the video. Its not this like flying saucer stuff!

I have not said its Michael Myers at the end end of the hallway - only that there is someone there.

At the stairwell in some of the videos (of the exact same CCTV footage) there is something in a doorway that moves. I am not saying it is Freddie from Nightmare on Elm Street I am saying there is something in the doorway that deeply resembles a person sticking the upper part of his her body in some doorway.

In some versions of the kitchen stuff there is clearly (reflecting off the shinny stuff behind where the starbucks cup is) is someone there, who is standing up then ducks , super fast as she comes into the kitchen and scoots back to where the freezer is.

I am not saying it is one of the mini dinosaurs in the film. The kitchen one gave me chills.

They are headed back to where she is last seen on the video we have seen .

The only conclusion I can come up with is if
in some versions of the exact same segments these things are there and in some versions they are not only one of two things could happen.

They were added or removed. In light of the fact that we have a poor deceased young lady , and a bunch of people in damage control mode , my tendency is to conclude removed.

Part of the problem is on this case it is hard to share what we are seeing cause the rules make it hard . On most threads I can post the video and ask do you guys see this.

If I was technically talented I could take the three examples cited, edit out all audio so there is no narrative (not MSM) and just let you see what I am seeing and then we could all discuss!

I know it is no surprise that I do not possess those skills.

That is what yesterday was for me -- to watch and listen to what we have .

I have not mentioned space men, serial killers on the loose in a Chicago hotel, or raptors!

I have no agenda in terms of it being an accident.

Solely that there are two different visuals of the exact same shots in three different areas........................

Which then takes me on a journey of why that is the case.

Last week (gotta remember Irma was about) when I heard about it my first and only thought was some staff member raped someone and put victim in the freezer and then thought no more about it (Irma)

Some posts here are difficult to follow but whatever I'll ignore them the toxicology report hasn't come back so assuming she's on lean (which has been defined numerous times in this thread I won't do it again) i don't believe is a good idea until the report comes back with what was in her system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow